Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theme Hospital ** Our free game, FTW!

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    LOL:

2s9so5x.jpg

I kind-a dig the music
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    LOL:

2s9so5x.jpg

I kind-a dig the music

Mine is the same size but I play full-screen. My house just freezes so I minimize and when I go back it's normal... yay! Why doesn't my window move :(
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @06Bon06, I'm not sure what you mean exactly "mine is the same size but I play fullscreen" ? I cannot get mine to any other size, I don't see any option. When I hit the fullscreen box option (upper right) it does - nothing, absolutely doesn't change.

At first the intro was fullscreen (huge) and froze up, it didn't work at all. Now the full intro movie plays and everything. I'm not sure exactly what I did to get it to work, maybe "DOSbox" emulator finally kicked in? The whole thing is in the small screen though, but it looks much better so I'm good with small screen.I can move it around my desktop with the mouse.

Try hitting "window" icon On Your Keyboard to get the mouse to move the game screen.

Edit: Also my "save game" actually worked ! Although it saved it as "Game 8". Hmmm, hope it will save repeatedly.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Apparently the "saves" are In the cloud On origin! There's some weirdness here and I will blame origin. I read the "GOG" version works much better. Don't know if it's true.

Loading my save - definitely weird. It sent me in a loop displaying names of other players online with game stats and lists. It even gave me the message at one point to Load my Game from Origin itself because there was some conflict or difficulty loading the save from the cloud.

I'm way too tired now, but next time I play I'm going to call it my first game as new player in hopes of loading tutorial again, which I did not get through.

No I did NOT tell it to "play a network game"!

edited for spelling

Also I sense this is probably a game that is better played when I have a few hours to devote to it *just in case* there's a weird save issue :o). Maybe my next day off (Monday).
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Apparently the "saves" are In the cloud On origin! There's some weirdness here and I will blame origin. I read the "GOG" version works much better. Don't know if it's true.

Loading my save - definitely weird. It sent me in a loop displaying names of other players online with game stats and lists. It even gave me the message at one point to Load my Game from Origin itself because there was some conflict or difficulty loading the save from the cloud.

I'm way too tired now, but next time I play I'm going to call it my first game as new player in hopes of loading tutorial again, which I did not get through.

No I did NOT tell it to "play a network game"!

edited for spelling

Also I sense this is probably a game that is better played when I have a few hours to devote to it *just in case* there's a weird save issue :o). Maybe my next day off (Monday).
    Well, good luck to you @zorba2357 - I hope you get it working really well and can have a good space of time to play it. :)

• Options
    It's a lot more enjoyable with the music turned down. Wow, it was blaring.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2015
    It's a lot more enjoyable with the music turned down. Wow, it was blaring.

IDK the music has really grown on me so I tend to leave the volume where it is. Though there is that one song that starts up really loud. {Theme Hospital - Fortune}

Anyways, here's the original Music all in 1 video. The other videos have their "Remastered" version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5wtQAxTItQ
  • Options
    Oh, it's nice music. It was just too loud. :)
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited January 2015
    Well I got a little bit farther! The game intro opened in a small box (perhaps 25% the size of my desktop). But on and off my mouse disappeared, that I don't like. Will do some googling to see if I can get it playable. I'm on windows 7 64 bit if anyone has any help. Does compatibility mode matter? Doesn't seem to be the answer. I'm not familiar with "DOSbox" and it's scaring me a bit. Hope it's o.k. on my computer.

I have Windows 7 64-bit & it runs fine for me. I hope you get it working! :)

ETA - ok I typed too soon. I'm glad it's working for you now.
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    What level have you all got to on Theme Hospital so far?
    I am on level two so far, a sick bug has broken out around my hospital :(

Matthew.
  • Options
    Have to run but - I have a question for any or all of you - when you SAVE the game does it save perfectly, is it just as you left it?
    -
    And does the computer or origin at that point ASK you anything (can't remember exact wording I'll write it down next time) about if you want to use a save from the cloud or something like that?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Have to run but - I have a question for any or all of you - when you SAVE the game does it save perfectly, is it just as you left it?
    -
    And does the computer or origin at that point ASK you anything (can't remember exact wording I'll write it down next time) about if you want to use a save from the cloud or something like that?

In game it saves fine, no bugs there that I've ever experienced in years of game play :)

I saw this yesterday in another thread @06Bon06 do you remember the advice for @Zorba2357
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »

Matthew.

If you have more toilets and hire more janitors just focusing on cleaning you'll get past that lovely @Miffoshort :)
  • Options
    I'll record my adventure and torment y'all with it >:) LOL
  • Options
    @06Bon06, I'm not sure what you mean exactly "mine is the same size but I play fullscreen" ? I cannot get mine to any other size, I don't see any option. When I hit the fullscreen box option (upper right) it does - nothing, absolutely doesn't change.

At first the intro was fullscreen (huge) and froze up, it didn't work at all. Now the full intro movie plays and everything. I'm not sure exactly what I did to get it to work, maybe "DOSbox" emulator finally kicked in? The whole thing is in the small screen though, but it looks much better so I'm good with small screen.I can move it around my desktop with the mouse.

Try hitting "window" icon On Your Keyboard to get the mouse to move the game screen.

Edit: Also my "save game" actually worked ! Although it saved it as "Game 8". Hmmm, hope it will save repeatedly.
    I meant my game is the same size but I play it in full screen mode my pressing ctrl Alt Enter. It then has that black frame around the game because I don't like seeing my desktop lol... I weird.. :P
  • Options
    So far, so good - I'm taking things slowly & my hospital is running well. I hope that continues.
  • Options
    Go for it @06Bon06 ! Can't wait.
    (Meanwhile... how do you save a game? I've used the upper left pull-down menu, but I must be doing something wrong.)
  • Options
    Go for it @06Bon06 ! Can't wait.
    (Meanwhile... how do you save a game? I've used the upper left pull-down menu, but I must be doing something wrong.)

I hold down the left button to save, then still holding it down, go over the save number I want. :)
  • Options
    That's what I did. I must have only thought I'd done it right. Will get the hang of it eventually. :)
    Thanks, @SpradaciSproj
  • Options
    That's what I did. I must have only thought I'd done it right. Will get the hang of it eventually. :)
    Thanks, @SpradaciSproj

Try overwriting one that's checked - if it asks you to overwrite, you're doing it correctly & can always tell it no. :)
  • Options

Matthew.
    I have to do it... what disease does your bug have, Matthew. :smiley: (Couldn't resist)
  • Options
    Thanks, @SpradaciSproj

Try overwriting one that's checked - if it asks you to overwrite, you're doing it correctly & can always tell it no. :)
    - Ah! sounds like a plan.

• Options

Matthew.
    I have to do it... what disease does your bug have, Matthew. :smiley: (Couldn't resist)

Hi :) At the moment my hospital has a sick bug, though I am getting it under control. Currently my hospital has "inflatable head popper" disease, the slack tongue clinic and also I have the research centre which is fun :D . What's in your hospital at the moment?

Matthew.
  • Options
    A whole lot of floaty heads. :)
  • Options
    @applefeather2: Ha, ha, me too :) Are you enjoying it much?

Matthew.