Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theme Hospital ** Our free game, FTW!

Comments

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    You have to pick New Game, then the tutorial comes up... I think. I only did it once so far.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Ha ha. She said "falling" not failing... she forgot the support beams. *runs away*

Oh nooo!! I can't spell anymore :P

Wait, Am I the only one that sometimes replaces words with their homophones, I know they are wrong but my brain is crazy lol
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I love it! I have to pull myself away from it lol

My hospital is falling :( lol

Oh no! *comfort* Did you get rats?

Didn't even get that far ahha. I have a bunch of doctors and I'm super confused lol I think I'm going to restart the level.
  • Options
    Ha ha. She said "falling" not failing... she forgot the support beams. *runs away*

Oh nooo!! I can't spell anymore :P

Wait, Am I the only one that sometimes replaces words with their homophones, I know they are wrong but my brain is crazy lol
    Oh, there, their, they're... of course you aren't. (smart 8ss me)
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    How do you play I would get into it if I knew what I was doing.

When you Click Play, Click Yes on "First game?"
  • Options
    I think so. If I'm wrong, you have an escape key. :) (I know, I'm bad and I need a coffee... bad)
  • Options
    How do you play I would get into it if I knew what I was doing.

When you Click Play, Click Yes on "First game?"
    @COOLGAME8013 Okay, it's start first game and new game. I'm not sure if that's the right order, but you need the two of them.

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    How do you keep the dang place heated?! I have radiators all over the place and people still keep freezing!
  • Options
    How do you keep the dang place heated?! I have radiators all over the place and people still keep freezing!

930.0x524.0.jpg

Press that second buttons, that looks like hedges. On the buttom you can increse the heat from the radiator which will increase your pill

This person has a much better looking hospital than me lol, I usually just cram everything in haha
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    It's sitting here on my desktop screen. I haven't been curious enough to try it.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    It's sitting here on my desktop screen. I haven't been curious enough to try it.
    xexq23S.gif
  • Options
    xexq23S.gif
    It's like if awesome and amazing had a baby.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member

Sames here. Except it isn't that I'm not curious or interested. It's just I feel like I don't have time. Scattered. Maybe I should try it tonight. I was going to build a pool for my sims but.............

• Options
    zorba2357 wrote: »

Sames here. Except it isn't that I'm not curious or interested. It's just I feel like I don't have time. Scattered. Maybe I should try it tonight. I was going to build a pool for my sims but.............

I was going to build a festival lot today and then this game happened :/
  • Options
    It just does that to you, doesn't it? ;)
  • Options
    Ach! I tried running it but can't seem to get it to run correctly.

Here's what happens - A big pixilated pic comes up of what looks like a desk, it has pencils and a protractor. I can hear some gibberish but it doesn't seem like , it's correct, I have no mouse either. One time another screen came up that said "Theme Hospital", this one looked a little better but no go, again gibberish, and also sounded like some talking, regular game sounds but the pic never changed, no mouse. I tried compatibility mode, didn't help.
    -
    I did get a "DOS emulator" message and some scary DOS stuff, but I don't know What to do with it. It told me to type "INTRO" however I can't seem to get it to do anything?

Maybe someone knows of a "Help" thread for this game ?
  • Options

Here's what happens - A big pixilated pic comes up of what looks like a desk, it has pencils and a protractor. I can hear some gibberish but it doesn't seem like , it's correct, I have no mouse either. One time another screen came up that said "Theme Hospital", this one looked a little better but no go, again gibberish, and also sounded like some talking, regular game sounds but the pic never changed, no mouse. I tried compatibility mode, didn't help.
    -
    I did get a "DOS emulator" message and some scary DOS stuff, but I don't know What to do with it. It told me to type "INTRO" however I can't seem to get it to do anything?

I'm not sure I can help you but did you try pressing space bar? Have you minimized it and the clicked on it again?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    also when the game first started it asked me something like "we detect local data or saves on your computer, do you want to delete local data or save local data to the cloud?"

It did the same to me with simcity2000. Neither game has ever been installed on this computer. I Think I told it to "save" the local data though, just in case.

In any case, simcity appears to work fine but Theme Hospital, no :'( .
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well I got a little bit farther! The game intro opened in a small box (perhaps 25% the size of my desktop). But on and off my mouse disappeared, that I don't like. Will do some googling to see if I can get it playable. I'm on windows 7 64 bit if anyone has any help. Does compatibility mode matter? Doesn't seem to be the answer. I'm not familiar with "DOSbox" and it's scaring me a bit. Hope it's o.k. on my computer.
  • Options

-

You can Repair Game on Origin. I don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well I got a little bit farther! The game intro opened in a small box (perhaps 25% the size of my desktop). But on and off my mouse disappeared, that I don't like. Will do some googling to see if I can get it playable. I'm on windows 7 64 bit if anyone has any help. Does compatibility mode matter? Doesn't seem to be the answer. I'm not familiar with "DOSbox" and it's scaring me a bit. Hope it's o.k. on my computer.
    You shouldn't have to interfere with DOS box. I'm on Win 7 as well and it flashes up for a bit but then proceeds to the opening "movie" thing.
    Do try the Repair Game first on Origin and see what happens.
    EDIT: It's kind of a "wait" and let it do its thing. :)
  • Options
    You shouldn't have to interfere with DOS box. I'm on Win 7 as well and it flashes up for a bit but then proceeds to the opening "movie" thing.
    Mine keeps the DOS box open until I exit the game...
  • Options
    Mine keeps the DOS box open until I exit the game...
    Strange. Mine blips a bit, then goes away and the full screen stuff starts.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

-

I'm not sure I can help you but did you try pressing space bar? Have you minimized it and the clicked on it again?

Didn't help at all BUT I found a read me for the game under my computer/c/programfiles(x86)/origingames/themehospital/Manuel. It's a readme with all kinds of good info.

and a "DOSbox" readme in there also, under the same but "data/game/DOSbox/documentation. Just not sure I understand how to type in a "mount" command. Proceeding a little cautiously here. I don't need my computer blowing up over "Theme Hospital" !
  • Options
    I'm persistent tonight and think I FINALLY am getting it to run!

1) Hit "window" button on keyboard, NOT exit, escape, spacebar, or anything else.

2) If you can get to the screen where the doctor points to the skull, your mouse moves his pointer for different options around the skull.

3) When you are done typing your "Nickname" hit "Enter" , not anything else.

4) When your mouse disappears (it will often!) hit "ctrl" on keyboard and "F10" at the same time. This doesn't work on the initial loading screen, well not the first one, but it does work on the "Doctor" screen. To switch mouse to your desktop or internet page, hit "window" or "ctrl F10".

So far I've only gotten a decent screen in the minimized size. I may be able to live with that if I can actually play (and save), we'll see. I'm almost there.

Yup I'm playing it, the screen is little but I can live with that! It only took me, 2 hours!