Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theme Hospital ** Our free game, FTW!

Comments

• SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Wow. It's something to remember that games used to actually use your mind. *cough*

Well I found the time to get my first hospital set up & opened. I hope I saved it correctly so I don't have to do that again! Lol
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww yay I found you all! I'm very, very fond of theme hospital. One of the best games of all time :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Welcome, Tinkerbell! :wink: I mean @sparkfairy1.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'm gonna have to start over because I don't know what the heck i am doing! lol I had like people puking all over the place! haha
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    How do you play it I don't get the controls.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @jbreland1230: Ha, ha, ha :D I'm glad your enjoying it. It's fun isn't it?

Matthew.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    @jbreland1230: Ha, ha, ha :D I'm glad your enjoying it. It's fun isn't it?

Matthew.

It is! It gives me a good laugh. :)
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    If a game was published before 2012 and has had no DLC additions since, I won't play it. I like current games but theme hospital it's from the 90's so its in the time era most on the house games are from. Although I hate tht game bcoss graphics.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    @jbreland1230: That's good :D Try not to kill to many people... ;)

Matthew.
    blewis823 wrote: »
    *posting in both threads because I am being loyal :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: *
    I am about to start up and will be back when I have something to post. *pray for me* *I don't know what I am doing*
    *cackle* I'm going to be loyal, too! Hee hee.
    I do not know what I'm doing either... you see, back in the day, they expected us to have, well, brains, and stuff like that. :) So, this game is harder. Than. SomegamesIknow.

• COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2015
    OH... apparently there are... rats! Run for your life~

I don't remember rats. :o

You can kill rats by clicking on them, a rather booming sound happens when you try to, so you know that you killed the rats.

another tip to use Radiators, patients can get cold too ya know.

Though LGR has done a video on this, you can stare at it if you wanna know some base level stuff, or just wanna hear stuff that lasts about 10 Mins or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mW-xl2lnmk
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the riches, @COOLGAME8013 !
    Edit; Dangbite... a manual. *sniff*
    OH... apparently there are... rats! Run for your life~

I don't remember rats. :o

You can kill rats by clicking on them, a rather booming sound happens when you try to, so you know that you killed the rats.

another tip to use Radiators, patients can get cold too ya know.

Though LGR has done a video on this, you can stare at it if you wanna know some base level stuff, or just wanna hear stuff that lasts about 10 Mins or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mW-xl2lnmk

Ooh I love shooting the rats but im terrible at it! lol
    A good tip-always hire your staff first. Especially later on when you get access to training rooms-get hold of doctors with disciplines even if they are terrible at their job and place them in the training room with a consultant-they will get better at their job and youll get hold of better staff :)
    To stop rats appearing you can place a radiator, plant or bench, etc over the rat hole and that stops them appearing :) Though keep a look out for more holes that might appear, rats are very crafty ;)

Matthew.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2015
    Another thing to note is the disdurbing Game Overs.

Compare it to Theme Park both kinda creepy, though Theme Hospital's as a bit more silly and scandalous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc5KR8dEJE
    (Theme Park 1994 )
    (Game Over Text b]SNES VERSION[/b - You've blown it! Your theme park is completely bankrupt.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWqEMCC8O_c
    (Theme Hospital 1997)
    (This Video contains both Game Overs & Victorys though the first bits are all the Game Overs)
    Post edited by COOLGAME8013 on
    Dinner is almost done, so won't be too long until I can post how my first attempt is going. I'll post in both threads until they merge them. :)
    I'm sure I'll be seeing more Game Overs than Victories. Lol
    "Slack tongue". Good grief, it made my yawn. Ha ha.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I love it! I have to pull myself away from it lol

My hospital is falling :( lol
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I love it! I have to pull myself away from it lol

My hospital is falling :( lol

Oh no! *comfort* Did you get rats?
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2015
    A good tip-always hire your staff first. Especially later on when you get access to training rooms-get hold of doctors with disciplines even if they are terrible at their job and place them in the training room with a consultant-they will get better at their job and youll get hold of better staff :)

My hospital is crazy I don't know where the staff is, some are in training others are running around the place is cold, people are thirsty and I have a bazillion soda machines and radiators eating my bill.
    LOL, level 4 o.O
    Ha ha. She said "falling" not failing... she forgot the support beams. *runs away*
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    How do you play I would get into it if I knew what I was doing.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    "Slack tongue". Good grief, it made my yawn. Ha ha.

Read the explanation faxes to why people get sick. Its hilarious! My favourite is the licking yogurt pot lids!

Youll all get the hang of it, takes a while to perfect and you dont have to move on the first chance you get-you can choose to stay and perfect your hospitals before you do!