Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLLAND FAMILY CHALLENGE STORY! *UPDATED 9/19*

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    LauriApp wrote: »
    Great story! I am excited to see where you go with this.

Thank you @LauriApp :) It's nice to see another follower.
    It gets increasingly weird to see the story of the townies in Twinbrook because I am also playing the town :D
    But great story! Very well explored family theme :smiley:

Yeah, I wondered if that would throw people off @moonandsixpens ;) Thank you!

@ACB44 your instincts were right about me weren't they? ;)

@Igazor, a question. I want to make the IF real, but I kinda don't want them to be a part of the household...Is there something I can do with a certain mod ;) that will make the IF a townie?? Hope to hear from you soon.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! :) I'M SO ENJOYING WRITING THIS STORY!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Igazor, a question. I want to make the IF real, but I kinda don't want them to be a part of the household...Is there something I can do with a certain mod ;) that will make the IF a townie?? Hope to hear from you soon.
    Out of my comfort zone with IFs there. But if you know how to make them "real" and part of your household, couldn't you do that and then have them move out on their own any number of ways (Split Household in Edit Town, have them pick up the phone and Move while controllable, use MasterController's Add Sim to add them to their own lot or that of another family)?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    emorrill wrote: »
    Out of my comfort zone with IFs there. But if you know how to make them "real" and part of your household, couldn't you do that and then have them move out on their own any number of ways (Split Household in Edit Town, have them pick up the phone and Move while controllable, use MasterController's Add Sim to add them to their own lot or that of another family)?

@Igazor I guess I could. Lol! I didn't even think about that. (My brain has been so fried lately. Of course you wouldn't think so with all the writing I have been doing ;) ) I don't know much about IF's either. Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @emorrill Great story! I just love how Michael is taking care of his children... The perfect father! And the story line is excellent, filled with drama!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @jillbg :) I modeled Michael from some of the best men I have ever known (My husband, father and other men I looked up to as a kid). Thanks for reading and following. It's my followers that encourage me to write more. :)
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    Oh molly
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 15

Michael slumped back into his chair, staring at nothing.
    "Do you need a few minutes?" his friend asked.
    Michael nodded.
    "Well, take all the time you need. In the meantime I am calling in an OB/GYN to examine your daughter and see how the pregnancy is progressing."
    Michael finally managed to snap out of his emotions a little. "Uh yeah," he said looking up at his friend, "Definitely."
    "What should I tell your daughter if she asks for you?"
    Michael paused and sighed. "Tell her I will be there in a few minutes."
    "Alright. She's in room 213."
    When his friend walked away and out of sight, Michael buried his face in his hands. He tried to control his emotions but there were SO many running through him all at once. Sadness, worry, anger, happiness, disappointment and even that sick to the stomach feeling of realizing there's about to be a huge life change not just for Molly but for him and the rest of the family. I don't know how we are going to handle this. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone vibrating. It was a text from Bailey:

Dad, what's going on? Is Molly ok? When are you coming home?

Michael sighed and responded with:

Molly is fine, they are just running some tests. Don't worry. We will be home as soon as we can.

For a few more minutes he sat there, trying to figure out what he was going to say to Molly when he saw her. He definitely had a few questions for her. He closed his eyes and silently prayed. Lord help me know how to handle this without pushing Molly away. That's the LAST thing I want to have happen! Taking a deep breath, he stood up from the chair and adjusted his pants. Here it goes...

When Michael approached Molly's room door, he opened it very quietly. Inside he saw Molly laying on her side, back facing the door. An ominous feeling came over him and he felt it was probably mutual. After lightly closing the door he stared at her for a few minutes, collecting his thoughts. He he could hear her sniffling a little bit and his compassionate desire to run to her was overwhelming, but he couldn't do it. Not right now.

Molly could sense her father's presence and without turning around she said, "They told you didn't they dad?"
    Michael pursed his lips and then responded, "Sort of. The doctor gave me the test results to look over."
    Molly sniffed with more tears welling up, "Please save your lecture for later dad, I don't need that right now."
    Michael walked over to her bed and gently sat down beside her. Placing his hand on her arm he said, "I'm not going to lecture you Molly."
    A small feeling of comfort came over Molly, but then she thought, Maybe he is just too angry to yell at me.
    Michael couldn't hold it back any longer, "How did this happen Molly? When did it happen?"
    Burying her face in her pillow, Molly answered, "I don't really want to talk about it dad."
    "No, we NEED to talk about it," Michael said, "I'm all ears. Please tell me what happened."
    It was then that Molly began to cry harder. Michael could feel her body shaking.
    He hesitated to ask this question but, "Were you 🐸🐸🐸🐸-d?"
    Molly immediately shook her head. "No, it's Tay's baby. It happened at Prom."
    "Prom!?"
    "Yes," Molly said wiping at her nose. "A few minutes before the dance was over we snuck off somewhere and...you know the rest."
    Michael's eyebrows raised. "Well," he began, "for going together as friends that's the last thing I expected."
    "He asked me to go steady with him. I was hesitant, but he asked me to give him a chance and I did. I realized deep down that I really do like him and we were having SO much fun, he was being a gentleman and I just...got WAY too caught up in the magic of it all."
    "I know," Michael said staring at the floor, "I've been there remember?"
    Molly squinted her eyes to release a couple of more tears. "Yes, dad...I remember. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wanted to I...just couldn't."
    "Well, you knew you were going to have to tell me sooner or later. This kind of thing is not easy to hide forever."
    "I know."
    "So, when did you find out you were pregnant?"
    Molly finally decided to roll over onto her back and face her dad. Seeing the tears, Michael gently wiped them from off her cheeks.
    "It was about 2 weeks after Prom," she began, "I had been feeling really nauseated and more tired than usual. My fears kept bugging me so I went out and got a pregnancy test and HOPED it would put my fears at ease." Then she shook her head, "But my fears were right. When I saw the result in the bathroom I...felt like my world got turned upside down."

Molly%20taking%20pregnancy%20test_zpsqrs8wrlp.jpg

"I mean dad, seriously," she continued, "I was hyperventilating and thought I was going to pass out! I kept thinking about how I NEEDED to tell you but then my fears kept telling me you would just get angry with me and lecture me and think I was a horrible daughter and disown me or something!"
    "Oh Molly," Michael said stroking her cheek, "you know I would never do that! And neither do I think you are a horrible daughter."
    "But dad," she cried again, "I always told myself not to be like Bailey when she was my age and here I am doing a lot more WORSE than she ever did!!" She covered her face with her hands and began to wail.
    "Shhh," Michael soothed, "just relax. It's going to be alright."
    Molly wiped the tears from her eyes and said, "It's just that I had a couple of good moments to tell you about it, before the flu hit me, but I got scared! One time we were on the couch together watching TV, in total silence. It was the perfect moment, but I couldn't even look you in the eye because I was so nervous."

How%20do%20I%20tell%20dad_zpsreit6jrn.jpg

"Molly, you really didn't have to be..."
    "Then the day after that," Molly continued, "I was in the living room alone, rubbing my belly, feeling depressed and wondering how I was going to do this. Then you walked by and said 'Hi' to me while you were getting ready to sit at the computer. Everyone else was in their rooms, it was another perfect moment. However, I got nervous again and I just...couldn't."

I%20cant%20let%20dad%20know%20about%20this_zpsk5fhacgl.jpg

Both sat in silence for a few minutes and then Michael said, "I'm not going to lie to you Molly...I'm pretty disappointed."
    Molly looked over at the wall in shame and began crying again.
    "However, I can't get angry with you for making the same mistake I did. Do I wish you were an adult when this happened and not a teen? Most definitely. Do I worry that you felt neglected after mom died and that's why you've done some of the things you have? Yes. But we have to accept what is and move forward. I am deeply sorry if I EVER caused you to feel neglected. I've tried SO hard to give EACH of you kids the love and attention you deserve and properly take care of you, it's just that...I could only do SO much." Now tears were in his eyes.
    Molly looked back at him and said, "Dad, I've always known you did the best you could. It's not you at fault here, it's me."
    "Molly..."
    "I'm so sorry," she cried.
    Michael couldn't hold it back any longer. He enveloped her in his arms and said, "It's going to be ok."
    "I'm so scared dad," she said holding him tight, "I dunno what I'm gonna do or how Tay will react. I'm just...scared." She cried harder into his shoulder.
    Michael rocked her for a few moments and said, "I'll be here for you. We all will. We'll get through this together."
    "You were right about everything dad. I'm so sorry I disobeyed you!"
    "It's alright Molly." He really did mean it. "It's alright."

For a long time Michael sat there hugging and rocking his little girl all the while giving thanks to God that this situation turned out better then he thought. The OB/GYN returned again and informed Michael about the ultrasound. She even showed him a picture of the tiny speck of a baby. It made Michael smile. The baby was developing just fine. Molly was a little over a month along and was encouraged to establish care with an OB and get on prenatal vitamins. They were worried about her lack of keeping food and water down so they said she will probably have a few visits with the OB in the first trimester just to keep an eye on her and the baby. Michael assured that he would be keeping a good eye on her as well.

When the two of them drove home, Michael asked Molly if she wanted to wait to tell the rest of the family or just do it right away. Molly voted to get it over with and tell them. So once they walked in the front door, Michael called a family conference of sorts and Molly bravely told them everything. For the most part everyone understood and offered their support, however Andrea had mixed feelings about it.

A few days later, Molly met up with Tay at the park to tell him the news. Needless to say Tay was quite in shock. In fact, he fainted. Molly certainly didn't expect THAT to happen, but with how sensitive of a guy he is it wasn't surprising. When he regained consciousness he kept asking her a bunch of "what if" questions and all Molly could say was, "I don't know Tay! I'm just as worried and nervous as you are. But we have to get over that and decide how we are going to do this."

Tay scratched the back of his neck and said, "My parents are not going to be too happy about this." And indeed they weren't! They were so angry in fact that they forbade Tay to have anymore contact with Molly. They argued that teens can't raise a child and that she should just give it up for adoption. That broke Tay's heart, but he couldn't help wondering if maybe that was the best thing to do.

Stay tuned!
    :)

Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    (*) @emorrill‌
    good story so far goodness

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @emorrill-Great story!I hope things work out for the family.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks :)@EnchantedPrey are you a full fledged member now? ;)
  • Options
    @emorrill yes I am and started my own thread yesterday about my sims :smiley:

• Options
    @emorrill yes I am and started my own thread yesterday about my sims :smiley:

I saw that :) I look forward to reading it!
    (Gonna have to do it tonight when my daughter is in bed. Lol ;) )
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 16

The situation with Tay and his parents over the baby was not getting any better. Tay felt trapped between two worlds and he wasn't sure which one he should choose. It was getting harder and harder to go and visit Molly, but he had to find a way to get to her and tell her what's really been going on with his parents.

He managed to ride home with her on the bus after school, telling his parents he had to go to the Library after school to study for an essay he was writing. He and Molly stayed outside the house when the bus dropped them off and shared a kiss. Molly then invited him to rub her tiny little baby belly.

Tay%20feeling%20baby_zpsvqcal8dw.jpg

As he did, she couldn't help but laugh inside thinking about the day she told him she was pregnant. The look on his face was classic!

shocked%20Tay_zpslck9lrfw.jpg

Tay really didn't want to have this conversation. He didn't want to cause Molly anymore stress, worry or possible heartache. However, he had to tell her because it was eating him up inside. Molly could sense that something was wrong by the look on his face.
    "What's wrong Tay?" she asked, in a tone as if she knew bad news was coming.
    Tay took a deep breath and said, "It's my parents."
    "Are they still upset?"
    "Well, it's MORE than just them being upset."
    Molly paused, looking at him questionably. "What is it?"
    Tay gulped and started scraping his shoe in the dirt. "Well," he began, "they don't want me seeing you anymore."
    Molly laughed in disbelief. "That's silly! You can't just STOP seeing me I mean, this is their grandchild we're talking about here. Does that not mean anything to them?"
    "Sadly no," Tay hated to admit, "they feel that since the baby will be born out of wedlock they don't consider it family."
    Molly was shocked! "What!?"
    "My parents are real old fashioned Molly. They feel the baby is a mistake because you're having it when we are not married."
    "Yeah, well my dad is a little old fashioned too and you don't see him turning our baby away and calling it NOTHING!"
    Tay squeezed his eyes with his fingers and felt like he was going to have a heart attack.
    "I certainly hope YOU don't feel that way about it!" Molly added.
    "No!" Tay immediately retorted, "You know I don't. I want more than anything to be here for you and the baby, be his father like I am, it's just that...how are we going to do this Molly?"
    Molly felt her heart sink. "What do you mean?"
    "I mean, we're Sophomores in high school. We are still kids! We don't know the first thing about raising a child."
    Molly blinked to keep the tears from coming. "Well, we will have my family to help us."
    "Without the support of mine? Molly, I just worry this isn't going to work out." Tay lowered his head in sadness.
    Molly held her hand to her heart and could feel it racing. She tried to breathe. "Tay...," she began, "we can do this. I KNOW we can, even without your parents support."
    A tear rolled down Tay's cheek. "Molly, they would for sure disown me if I did. They've built up a savings fund for me to go to college and they have threatened taking that away! I couldn't support you and the baby where I am now! I need to get my degree so I can ACTUALLY support the both of you. The only way I can do that is to honor my parents wishes."
    Molly huffed and thought this was ridiculous. "So, you'd throw away being with me and the baby just so you can get a college degree!?"
    "Molly, I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture here."
    "No, it looks to me like you are afraid to step up and take responsibility."
    "Molly I WANT to I just...can't!" he said lowering his shoulders.
    Molly just stood there shaking her head in disappointment and sadness.
    It surprised her when Tay said, "Can't we just start over when we are both older and can get married? Maybe the best thing for the baby would be to place it up for adoption."
    Molly gaped. "Are you serious?" she asked in anger. "I can't believe what you are saying Tay!"

Molly%20angry%20with%20Tay_zpsnchppdjc.jpg

"Molly we can't raise a child all by ourselves! Even with the support of your family do you want the baby to grow up knowing that it's other grandparents don't care about them or want them in their lives! I wish I could change that, I've tried, but I can't! We have to think about what is best for everyone here."
    Molly cried. "I can't just give up our baby like that. Good gosh Tay I thought this would turn out better than it is." Then she looked him in the eye. "I thought you loved me enough to be there for us and marry me and then we could live happily."
    Tay placed his hands on her shoulders. "I DO love you Molly. I wish it didn't have to be this way. Please don't feel like I care more about my parents than you and the baby. You know it's more than that."
    Sniffing Molly said, "Well it sure sounds like you are choosing their wishes over mine." Then she backed away from his grasp.
    "Molly, PLEASE think about what I am trying to say!"
    "You know what Tay?" Molly said, "It's either your parents or me and the baby!"

Molly%20disappointed%20in%20Tay_zpso5rafkrv.jpg

Then she spun on her heel and marched up the stairs toward the front door.

To be continued...
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2015
    @emorrill, I hope she doesn't cave! She'll be better off alone than with a coward like Tay... I wonder what will happen next... :\
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2015
    @emorrill‌ yes, I was quite right about you!! Molly being pregnant was totally out of left field.... excited to see what happens next! Also, she looked really made up to be laying down sick LOL #shewokeuplikethat

Also, is it possible for step-siblings to date in the sims? ... Was just wondering because Tristan and Sue are adorable and well, yea it just made me wonder, you know LOL...

I kinda of feel bad for Tay, I don't know what I would do if I was in his place... maybe continue to secretly try to see Molly... maybe only contact her through phone or the internet. I don't know, but that's rough...
  • Options
    ACB44 wrote: »
    @emorrill‌ yes, I was quite right about you!! Molly being pregnant was totally out of left field.... excited to see what happens next! Also, she looked really made up to be laying down sick LOL #shewokeuplikethat

Also, is it possible for step-siblings to date in the sims? ... Was just wondering because Tristan and Sue are adorable and well, yea it just made me wonder, you know LOL...

I kinda of feel bad for Tay, I don't know what I would do if I was in his place... maybe continue to secretly try to see Molly... maybe only contact her through phone or the internet. I don't know, but that's rough...

@ACB44 It is... :( I don't know what I would do either...I mean, I would be the pregnant one. Lol ;) I have a friend who gave up her baby when she got pregnant as a teen. She said it was one of the hardest decisions of her life, but she doesn't regret doing it. It felt right for her to do it. The kid is very loved in his family and she had contact until he was 12 and he is 17 now and she hasn't had contact in 5 years...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the game wouldn't allow Sue and Tristan to date. I honestly didn't think of doing that. It's kinda weird. Lol! ;)

Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    Oh and I was going to say, I relate music to so many life experiences and I tend to do it in my writing as well. ;) This song popped up in my head after I wrote the beginning of that last chapter. I thought it described pretty well how Tay must be feeling after that conversation.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d_QK-sXBPAA

@ACB44 ;) I tag you just because of what you said earlier.
  • Options
    She should have kicked him in the shin or sonmething lol
    hope he doesnt listen to his parents. he loves her

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Continuation of Chapter 16:

Molly lay crying in Bailey's lap on her bed, while Bailey stroked her hair.
    "I don't understand why Tay won't just stand up to his parents?" Molly sobbed.
    "Well," Bailey sighed, "from what you told me he said, it sounds like a very complicated situation. He wants to provide for you and the baby which is very mature of him! But at the same time he realizes he can't do that well if he doesn't have a proper education."
    Sniffing Molly said, "Of course he can support us without one! Many of my friend's dad's don't have degrees and they are doing just fine."
    "Maybe so, but you never know what their financial situation is really like."
    "I mean Tay's dad doesn't have an education and they survived raising Tay and his older sister!"
    Bailey pursed her lips for a moment after that one. "And look at where they live!" she blurted out. "In the swamp area, in an old, deteriorating house! I'm pretty sure Tay didn't enjoy growing up in that and neither does he want your child growing up like that."
    Molly didn't want to admit to her sister that she had a point. She just felt so hurt! Was Tay going to keep seeing her? Would his parents make him break up with her? She began sobbing some more.
    Bailey leaned over a little and kissed her head. "It will all work out," she said, "I know it will."

Michael walked over to the girl's bedroom door and peeked his head in. "Everything ok?" he asked them. Molly didn't acknowledge but Bailey nodded and gave a waving gesture signalling him to leave. Michael nodded back and closed the door slightly.

After wiping her nose with the tissue in her hand, Molly said, "I can't believe Tay's parents would act this way about the baby! I mean, who rejects an innocent child, who is their flesh and blood, anyway!?"
    "Tay's parents are psycho," Bailey didn't hesitate saying. Molly looked at her for a minute and Bailey continued, "Well they are! For years everyone in town has told stories about the crazy things they would say and do. They are just...odd people. Truth be told when I found out you were going to Prom with Tay I cried in my head, 'oh heaven help us!'"
    "Bailey!" Molly nearly shouted, but she did think it was kind of funny.
    "I'm sorry," Bailey said, feeling bad, "but I came to find that he really is a good guy. Much different from his family. I could see that he cares a lot about you." She noticed a smile appear on Molly's face and she continued. "He's just in a really tough situation. You gotta try to see it through his eyes." She hesitated the ask this question but..."Have you given anymore thought to giving the baby up for adoption?"
    That made Molly remove herself from her sisters lap. Bailey feared Molly was upset for bringing that up, but studying the look on her face she could see that she wasn't. She let out a breath of relief.
    "I have," Molly admitted, resting her arms on her knees, "but I just don't know. A big part of me hopes that if I keep it and raise it for a time while Tay gets an education, then he will come back and marry me and we will be a happy family."
    Bailey put her arm around her and said, "It would be wonderful if that would happen Molly, but you've got to consider the bigger picture here. You can't stay home and care for the baby when you have to go to school. You'd have to hire a babysitter or take it to daycare. That costs a lot of money!"
    "Well, Dad will be here and you and Derrick."
    "Molly you can't place that kind of burden on us when we have plans in our lives. Besides haven't you heard dad talking about opening up his practice again once he and Jenni get married? Then he really won't be around! He has to focus on providing for and being there as much as he can for us, Sue and Ken. He's got enough on his plate. You know Derrick and Jade will only live here for a time until they find their own place and I have my job."
    Molly lowered her head in sadness. This really s-u-c-k-s, she thought with a tear rolling down her cheek. Quickly, she wiped it away.
    "We will help in every way that we can," Bailey continued, " and give all our love to your child, but the bottom line is, this child is YOUR responsibility."
    "I know," Molly whispered.
    "You should pray about what to do."
    "I have," Molly answered, "and if adoption is the best thing for my child than why do I not feel that it's right?"
    The two of them stared at each other for a few minutes, being filled with emotion.
    Finally Bailey said, "I don't know how to answer that," she sighed, "but follow the feelings of your heart and you will never go wrong."

When Bailey shut the door to their bedroom to give Molly some time with her thoughts, she headed down the hall towards Michael's room. Michael was on his laptop studying the latest medical journals and he looked up seeing Bailey come in. "Hey," he said. "I gotta admit it was pretty nice seeing you two talking to each other about all this." He smiled.
    Bailey folded her arms and leaned against the doorway. "Yeah," she began, "it was nice. I just hope I helped her in some way."
    "I'm sure you did," Michael said warmly, closing his laptop. "So," he sighed giving her his full attention, "what happened down there with her and Tay?"
    Bailey went over, sat on the bed and proceeded to tell him everything.
    After she was finished, Michael was irked about the whole situation. To Bailey's surprise he said, "I think I am going to have a talk with Tay's father."

The next day, while everyone was at school or work, Michael headed over to the Bayless home uninvited.

Tays%20house_zpsnf0cktje.jpg

He tried to remind himself to be civil, but man it was hard! Walking through the wet, muddy driveway he approached the front door and knocked. It took a few minutes for Tay's father to answer it. With a surprised look on his face he greeted with, "Dr. Holland?"
    Oh that's right! He was a former patient years ago. "Mr. Bayless," Michael answered back.
    "You can call me Skeet," he said while chewing something.
    "Well, Skeet," Michael began, "I was hoping I could chat with you about our kids?"
    Skeet looked at him puzzled and replied, "Sure. Come in."
    The two made their way into the living room and neither bothered to sit down. Skeet scratched his head and asked, "Is my Tay being mean to your kid or what?"
    Now Michael was confused. Does he not know that I'm... He then cleared his throat. "Uh Mr. Bayless," he said, "I am Molly's father."
    Skeet's eyes widened, "YOU'RE her father?"
    "That's what I just said."
    The look of shock on Skeet's face was immediately replaced with one of belligerence. "I think I have a pretty good idea of why you are here."
    Then Michael's face turned stern. "I hope we can discuss their situation in civilized manner."

Needless to say it became a little uncivil. Michael called Skeet and his wife out about acting ridiculously over this whole thing and not wanting to have anything to do with the innocent child. Skeet in return shot back about their cherished family values and that his son will not be with someone who is a w-h-o-r-e. Oh he did NOT just go there, Michael thought in rage.

Michael%20arguing%20with%20Tays%20dad_zpst101qy2t.jpg
    Michael%20arguing%20with%20Tays%20dad%202_zpsgtq2mn05.jpg

"You know I find it interesting," Michael said matter of factly, "how you accuse my daughter of being a w-h-o-r-e, who was pretty much raised on the same values that your children were, yet your son made the exact same mistake. They BOTH chose to go against everything they were taught, but you know that's not the argument here! This is about our children's CHILD and what this innocent life deserves. You shouldn't forbid Tay to be a father and not be there to raise his kid. Is that NOT going against those family values you always taught him? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me!"
    Skeet grew furious, but Michael knew, deep down, that HE knew Michael was right.
    A few more words were exchanged and Michael pleaded with Skeet to allow Tay to stay in contact with Molly and the child and suggested the two get married when they feel the time is right.

Shouldnt%20they%20just%20get%20married_zpszp7qszbp.jpg

"This conversation is OVER!" Skeet said abruptly.
    But Michael sure as heck didn't want it to be. "Mr. Bayless, PLEASE, do the right thing here!"
    "I said it's over!," Skeet shouted, "now get off my property before I call the cops!"
    Michael couldn't believe this. Well, at least I tried, he thought while walking down the front steps and hearing the door slam behind him. That man is as stubborn as a mule! He could really understand Tay's difficulty in getting his parents to think otherwise and he intended to share that with Molly.

3 months went by and there wasn't a single change of heart in Tay's parents. Molly and Tay were able to work things out and he would secretly contact her and visit her whenever he had the chance. As far as them getting married, it was still undecided. The idea of putting the baby up for adoption came up often, especially when they would think about how hurt the child would be not being accepted by it's other grandparents. That's not something easy to discuss with a child. It was all so complicated! Still, Molly couldn't find it in her heart to give up the child. Her baby bump was becoming more and more noticeable and she was growing quite attached to the life inside of her.

Mollys%20waddle_zpsv7w34dja.jpg

Her first trimester had not been an easy one. The morning sickness was pretty terrible and occurred more often than usual, but she had a great OB and the constant care of her father at home.

Michael%20feeling%20Mollys%20belly_zpsueeothpj.jpg

She was already a month into her second trimester. The morning sickness had subsided and she felt MUCH better! I wish I could stay feeling this great, she would often think, but it's gonna get worse in the 3rd trimester.

Derrick and Jade's wedding was coming up soon and Michael and Jenni's was going to be not long after, but Jenni had some news for Michael. She had volunteered to go overseas, being moved with compassion, to help take care of starving children and help rebuild their homes after a horrible natural disaster. Michael thought that was sweet of her, but he was a little upset she didn't discuss it with him first. "I really felt strongly that I needed to volunteer," she said, "I think God was trying to tell me something. I'm sorry I didn't talk with you about it first. I had to sign up while the missionaries were still there. It's only for 6 months, we will be ok." There wasn't much else Michael could do about it so they spent the last few days together as often as they could before she left. He assured her he would visit Sue and Ken every day...he just didn't look forward to having to see her mother after the "incident."

After working hard for what seemed like eternity, Bailey finally got a promotion and is now a Freelance Writer. Her articles have been printed in a couple of popular magazines and she was loving life!

Andrea still had her nose in books, spent a lot of time at the library and practicing her painting. Her heart would still go aflutter every time she saw Thomas Castor in the halls at school, but she really didn't feel she had a chance with him. Besides, she was more interested in her education and pursing a medical career to even care about boys.

Tristan was doing very well at school. Well enough to make it on the honor roll and his dad was proud. He still continued to converse with his imaginary friend and even managed to get his hands on a potion to make his imaginary friend REAL from his friend's dad who worked at the science facility. He said to Tristan:

IF%20Potion_zpsbcovrdm1.jpg

Tristan was anxious to try it out and see if it would really happen! He was sick of everyone thinking he was crazy about his imaginary friend. Just the other day he told Molly that "Boinky" was excited about her baby and wanted to meet it.

Tristan%20telling%20Molly%20about%20IF_zpsukkdb3sp.jpg

"Okaaay," Molly said, "whatever you say Tristan." He glared at her and decided that enough was enough. Now that he had his hands on the potion, he presented it to his Imaginary Friend in the privacy of his room.

Tristan%20giving%20IF%20potion_zps0nevvexw.jpg

Boinky was a little hesitant, but drank the potion anyway.

IF%20drinking%20potion_zpswxsdkkid.jpg

Then suddenly all these lights began flickering around Boinky! Tristan stared in awe.

IF%20turning%20real_zpshcrsmqhg.jpg

Within seconds, Boinky came out of the lights as a REAL person!! However it was not a boy like Tristan always imagined. It was a GIRL!

welcome%20Belinda_zpsgiworeco.jpg

Tristan couldn't believe his eyes! "WOO HOO!" he cried in excitement. Boinky was equally excited but she expressed that she didn't like that name at all! Tristan agreed, not a good name for a girl. "Well, maybe your name can be Belinda?" he asked. Belinda was quite pleased with that name and took it.

After%20Belinda%20became%20real_zps3uzscdtx.jpg

Indeed that is what Tristan did! His entire family was shocked and a couple wondered if they were going crazy. Michael wondered if it was just a girl from town posing as Tristan's imaginary friend come to life but, he noticed the doll was gone. Strange, he thought. Tristan and Belinda raced back to his room and laughed and hugged.

Tristan%20hugging%20real%20IF_zpsuak1q0sk.jpg

"I get the feeling your family will not accept me here," Belinda said to Tristan after they hugged.
    "Of course they will!" Tristan said, "this is totally AWESOME!"
    "And there really isn't room for me here," Belinda added sadly.
    Tristan frowned. After thinking about it he said, "Yeah, I guess there really isn't since you're not a doll anymore."
    Belinda placed her hand on Tristan's shoulder. "I'll go and find my own place to live. Don't you worry about me."
    "No," Tristan whined, "I'll miss you!"
    "I'll miss you too," Belinda said, "but we will see each other at school and we can visit each other on the weekends. We'll always be best friends forever." She smiled at him.
    Tristan didn't like that goodbye look in her eye. "Ok," he said unwillingly. Then they hugged each other again and Belinda raced down the stairs. Being surrounded by the once again shocked faces of Tristan's family, she opened the front door and said to them, "I'm going to live in my own home now. It was nice to be a part of your lives over these past few years. See you around!" And with that she closed the door behind her.

Stay tuned!
  • Options
    What are your thoughts after that one everyone?? ;) Do share!
  • Options
    Lovely. Belinda good name for a doll girl :D

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You did great work on the updates.Tay's parents seem to be insane and he might have to disown them himself.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    I'm happy to see that Tay is trying to work things out with Molly... the White Tees song was PERFECT for that situation. Do you listen to music while you write?

It was also really sad to see Belinda go. Growing up a lot of my best friends would move away and it would tear me up inside, so I can definitely relate. I'm always looking forward to your updates because it's been tough for me to find time to play lately, so your story acts as my dose of Sims when I'm away from my own.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 17

The craziness going on in the Holland family was staring to calm down and everything was getting back to normal. They were all especially looking forward to Derrick and Jade's wedding coming up in a few days, which would be held on the back porch.

wedding%20on%20the%20back%20deck_zpsvnvaewmc.jpg

One night, Molly was tossing and turning trying to get comfortable with her ever growing belly and she slipped into a dream. She found herself standing in the dining room and couldn't figure out why she was there. Suddenly she heard someone calling out her name. Molly. Looking around this way and that she couldn't see anyone present. "Who is it?" she asked.
    Molly
    The voice sounded closer to her, but she still didn't notice anyone there. However, she paused and thought, I KNOW that voice!
    "Mom?" she asked.
    When she turned around, there her mother was standing before her. Molly jumped at the sight of her and held her hand to her heart. "Geez," she said, "Don't scare me like that!"
    All Bronwyn did was smile. "How have you been doing sweetheart?" she asked her.
    Sighing Molly answered, "Ok...I guess. Just hanging in there."
    "Oh?"
    "Yeah. You probably already know this Mom, but...I have some news." She told her mother she was pregnant.

Molly%20telling%20Bronwyn%20about%20pregnancy_zpsguns9qjf.jpg

Bronwyn acted excited, but she already knew. Once the excited face expression wore off, it turned into a frown. "This is exactly what I warned you about many dreams ago, Molly," she said.
    "I know, mom. I haven't forgotten."
    "Then why did you...?"
    "Honestly mom, I didn't think I ever had to worry about it. I was dead set on not doing the same things Bailey did as a teen."
    "However, Bailey never got pregnant."
    "Yes mom, I know but, I told myself NOT to put myself in a situation with a boy to POSSIBLY get pregnant like she did and well," she sighed, "I guess I realized deep down that I had strong feelings for Tay after all and the way he treated me like a princess at Prom, I got carried away." She frowned. "I'm so sorry mom."
    The two hugged each other for a moment.
    "So you knew this was going to happen mom?" Molly asked.
    "Yes dear," Bronwyn paused, "I guess part of me was hoping I could stop you. I didn't want you to have to deal with this burden."
    Molly appreciated what her mom was saying, but she said, "I'm handling it well mom. You don't have to worry. I have a lot of support."
    Bronwyn smiled upon hearing that and then looked her daughter in the eye. "So what are you going to do with the baby once it's born?" Bronwyn asked.
    "I don't really know," Molly replied. "I've been praying about it, but...haven't gotten a definite answer yet."
    Bronwyn folded her arms with a smile and said, "Sometimes our prayers aren't answered right away."
    Molly nodded. "What do you think I should do mom?"

Bailey woke up hearing one of her sisters calling out to someone. Andrea looked dead to world up there on the top bunk and below Molly was fidgeting a little and moaning, "Don't go...I need more advice from you mom!" Bailey slipped out of her bed and went to Molly's side. She gently shook her body and said, "Molly? Wake up."

Molly had an upset look on her face when she opened her eyes. Then she turned and realized Bailey was staring right at her.
    "Are you alright?" Bailey asked. "Bad dream?"
    Molly shook her head. "No," she answered, "it was a good dream it's just..."
    "Another visit from mom?" Bailey interrupted.
    "Yeah."

A few more days passed which flew by too fast for Michael. It was Derrick and Jade's wedding day! He couldn't have been happier, but at the same time he felt sad that it wasn't his wedding day. He missed Jenni dearly and thought back to the other day when he invited Ken over to come and visit with him. That kid was growing up way too fast! It seemed just like yesterday that he was born!

Ken%20laughing%20with%20dad_zpsov9idxmw.jpg
    (Isn't he a handsome kid? Just like his dad? ;) )

They had an enjoyable visit playing tag, talking about school and how much they both missed Jenni. When it was time for Ken to go, he gave his dad a big hug and said, "I love you dad."

Michael%20hugging%20older%20Ken_zps4zb3gekf.jpg

Michael felt so touched and tried to hold back the tears. "I love you too son," he said. "I can't wait for us to finally become a family!"

The tears were coming on again as Michael thought about that precious moment. Now, he had to get back to reality. There was a lot of preparing to do before the wedding. Feeling achy from a bad nights sleep, he decided to take a nice, hot bath for change.

sexy%20Michael%20in%20the%20tub_zps6zpldudd.jpg
    (Mmmm! He is HOT STUFF! Anyway... ;) )

While relaxing he couldn't stop thinking about how his oldest son was really getting married today, how he wished Bronwyn could be there and how he was going to be a grandfather soon. He honestly didn't feel THAT old.

Everything barely got ready in time once the Minister and the guests showed up.

waiting%20for%20wedding%20to%20start_zpsmmgb0h1z.jpg

It was unfortunate that the day that worked best for them to get married was on a school day. So Molly, Andrea and Tristan would miss it as well as Jade's sister Emerald. They could've waited until after they got home from school, but they didn't exactly want to hold it that late in the afternoon either. Michael and Jade's mom sat in the very front row and turned just as everyone else did, when Jade came walking down the "aisle" with her father. Derrick marveled at how beautiful she looked and felt like the luckiest man on earth! Once she joined him below the arch they both couldn't keep their eyes off each other nor stop smiling.

"Dearly beloved family and friends, we are gathered here today on this joyous occasion to celebrate the union of Derrick Holland and Jade Greenwood in holy matrimony."

Soon Derrick and Jade exchanged vows and rings. And of course they both answered with "I do."

exchanging%20vows%202_zpsorpubj0o.jpg
    exchanging%20vows%201_zpsybgfvwrz.jpg

Jade's mother began crying and Michael handed her a handkerchief.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," the Minister said and then he turned to Derrick, "you may kiss the bride."
    Derrick didn't hesitate for a second.

kissing%20under%20the%20arch_zps4qqos5pp.jpg

Everyone stood up clapping and cheering and began throwing rice. Not long after that, everyone gathered in the kitchen to see the cutting of the cake.

cutting%20the%20cake_zpsnzo7io9l.jpg

Derrick and Jade sure made a mess of themselves feeding each other a slice. Watching them it reminded Michael of when he and Bronwyn shared their cake together. They had a pretty similar experience. When most everyone was done eating cake, they offered their congratulations to the new couple and had some pleasant conversations.

everyone%20eating%20wedding%20cake_zps6h4hfbhr.jpg

Once Michael finally noticed that Jade had a moment alone, he approached her. Upon seeing him Jade smiled brightly and said, "Well, we did it! Everything ran smoothly."
    Chuckling Michael said, "Yes it did. It was a beautiful ceremony Jade. Congratulations!"
    "Thanks...dad," Jade said blushing a little.
    Michael then gave her a big hug.

Michael%20and%20Jade%20hugging_zpss1kzzfbu.jpg

"Welcome to the family," he said.

It wasn't too long after that when Bailey approached Jade giving her a hug and congratulations as well.

Bailey%20and%20Jade%20hugging_zpsyyfuu0qp.jpg

When the wedding party was over, everyone was sad to go. For most it was the most beautiful wedding they had seen in a long time.

Derricks%20wedding%20was%20epic_zpsvw7hvv8u.jpg

Because of how small the house was, holding 7 people now and 1 more on the way, Michael gave up his room and bed to the newlyweds. He would now sleep in Derrick's old bed in the room he shared with Tristan. Tristan found it cool to share a room with his dad. It would've seemed so lonely otherwise, especially with Belinda gone.

Of course we all know what happened that night with Derrick and Jade.

wedding%20night_zps626gdlga.jpg
    after%20woohoo%20wedding%20night_zps49rxilrr.jpg

"I'm SO excited to spend the rest of my life with you Derrick Holland," Jade whispered.
    "Same here Mrs. Holland," Derrick whispered back.

Truly this was a day never to be forgotten. <3

Stay tuned!

• Options
    ACB44 wrote: »
    I'm happy to see that Tay is trying to work things out with Molly... the White Tees song was PERFECT for that situation. Do you listen to music while you write?

It was also really sad to see Belinda go. Growing up a lot of my best friends would move away and it would tear me up inside, so I can definitely relate. I'm always looking forward to your updates because it's been tough for me to find time to play lately, so your story acts as my dose of Sims when I'm away from my own.

@ACB44 I don't listen to music when I write. Most of the time it makes it harder for me to concentrate. ;)

And I was sad to make Belinda go too, but I had to to make room for Jade to move in when she and Derrick got married and for the upcoming baby.

Awww! Thanks for that last comment. :) That just made me feel good. I'm glad you are enjoying the story so much and that I can help you get your Sims fix. ;)