Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLLAND FAMILY CHALLENGE STORY! *UPDATED 9/19*

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited January 2015
    So, @ACB44 , @TadOlson, @Enchantedprey , @moonandsixpens and all you other followers, what did you think of that twist? ;) Sometimes I do enjoy causing drama.

I've done a lot of gameplay, taking lots of pictures, and probably don't have time to write stories for them all so the next few posts will just be updates as to what's going on in the characters lives.

I would like your opinion though...once Bailey or Derrick become and adult and move out on their own...do you think I could bend the rules a little and make Michael and Jenni get married? Or should I really just wait until Michael has his first grandchild? The challenge ends when that happens OR when he raises all 5 kids to adulthood.

What do you think?

Thank you for reading! :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Continuation of Chapter 10...

After calling the police, Michael knew that he needed to take Bailey to the ER for an exam and a urine test for evidence purposes. Even though she said she got away before Shark had the chance to assault her, they still needed that proof. Plus, because of the effects of the drug, she may not have remembered exactly everything that happened. Michael then contacted his old friend from the Hospital who coincidentally had been working that night and was waiting at the front doors for Michael and Bailey when they arrived. Of course Michael was carrying her in because she was still passed out. At one point during the exam, Bailey's eyes opened and the expression on her face looked like one of confusion, but she couldn't speak or move any part of her body. Michael tried his best to calm her and let her know everything was ok. Because the drug can cause urinary retention, Bailey was given a catheter for a urine sample. They also gave a collection cup to Michael for her to give another sample when she was able to walk again in case this one wasn't good enough. Michael thanked his friend and everyone else who helped with his daughter deeply. After one of the nurses fully dressed Bailey, Michael then went in, picked her up and carried her back to the car. Once home he made it known to the kids that he would not be leaving Bailey's side until she was fully conscious and could move again. Derrick was now in charge of everything.

"Man, I'm gonna kick Shark's A**!" Derrick said gritting his teeth in anger.
    "I understand completely son," Michael said, slowly taking Bailey up the stairs, "but you will do no such thing. The police are taking care of it."
    Derrick grumbled. He knew his dad was right, but that sure as heck didn't stop him from WANTING to!

When morning dawned, it had been about twelve hours since Bailey inadvertently ingested the drug. All throughout the night her eyes were open, but her body and mind were lifeless. Michael held her hand tightly and did his best to reassure her that everything was ok. A couple of times he would check her vitals and they were still poor, but slightly improving. A little after 3 AM, he finally crashed, leaned over with his head on the bed beside Bailey. When the morning light shone through the window onto his eyes, Michael woke and took a quick glance at his watch. It was 6:05. He sat himself up in the chair and stretched, feeling a little achy from the odd sleeping position. When he looked at Bailey, her eyes were closed. He checked her pulse again and it was back to normal. He let out a breath of relief. He gently lifted one of her eyelids to see if her pupils were no longer dilated and the redness was gone. They were. While he did that, he was surprised to find Bailey move her head slightly, like she was about to wake.

"Bailey?" he said softly stroking her cheek. "Are you with me?"
    Bailey took a deep breath in and then out again as she slowly opened her eyes. Her vision was still a little blurred, but she could clearly see the loving face of her father looking down on her. She felt him take her hand.
    "Dad?"
    Michael smiled. She's conscious! "Yes Bailey," he answered, "I'm here. How do you feel?"
    Bailey rubbed at her eyes. "I dunno dad," she replied, "I feel weak and confused."
    "That's completely normal."
    "What happened to me?"

Michael then proceeded to tell her everything that happened in the past 12 hours. Afterwards Bailey's eyes were filled with tears. Michael gently wiped them away. "It will be alright," he said, but that didn't help calm her. She cried harder. Michael felt it best to just let her get it all out and waited until she was ready to talk again. He handed her a tissue from the box on the dresser. After blowing her nose and wiping it, Bailey looked into her dad's eyes and said, "I can't believe this happened! I...I really thought Shark was better than that!"
    "I know, honey," Michael sympathized, "but I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you for running away and telling me what happened!"
    "Dad," Bailey sniffed, "it's not easy for me to admit to you that...I was wrong and...you were right." She lowered her gaze from him.
    Michael took her hand again and said, "Bailey, I couldn't care less about being the right one right now. All that matters to me is that you are alright!" He couldn't hold back the tears.
    Seeing his tears caused Bailey's to appear again. "It's just that...I thought I knew what I was doing." She paused, thinking. "I NEVER thought the man who told me he LOVES me would give me a drug to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me just because I wouldn't allow him to have sex with me yet!"
    "Oh?" Michael asked, feeling proud of her, "so you never did?"
    "No, dad."
    "Why is that?"
    Bailey stared at him in shock that he would ask a question like that, but she knew why he was. "Honestly dad," she replied, "it was because whenever I thought about doing it with him, some voice would pop into my head and say, 'What would your father think about that?' and then it would kill my mood."
    Michael chuckled.
    "But," she continued, "then I would think of Mom, looking down on me and how disappointed she would be. I really couldn't handle that."
    Michael nodded.
    "And...despite how much I got annoyed with you dad and led you to believe that I didn't care about a word you said...I DID." She paused. "Yes, I'll admit it! I didn't want to burden myself with pregnancy, especially after what Jenni had to say about her experience."
    Michael's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what she just said. "So you DID talk to Jenni?" he asked happily.
    Bailey smiled. "Yes, dad I did. Truth be told I was really just wanting to hear about what drama has gone on in her life because I'm nosey." They both chuckled. "But you can imagine how surprised she was that I came to see her!"
    "I bet!"
    "She's really a sweet person Dad," she paused with tears coming down her cheeks now, "I'm just, so so sorry for...everything!" She jumped up from her bed with her arms extended, giving her dad a tight hug.
    Michael hugged her tightly in return. He felt so relieved! "It's really ok Bailey," he said, "I'm sorry if I was too hard on you."
    "Don't be sorry dad. You were just trying to raise all of us the best you could and...I was just hating life at the same time. I was angry at everyone because I tried to hide my feelings of missing Mom so much!" She buried her face in his shoulder and cried. "I'm sorry!"
    "Shhhh," Michael hushed, rubbing her back, "it's ok." Then he gently lay her back down in the bed.
    "Thank you for taking care of me," Bailey said sincerely.
    "Of course!" Michael nearly shouted. "You're my daughter and I love you." <3

That night, while everyone slept, for the first time in a LONG time, all was well and peaceful in the Holland household.

all%20is%20quiet%20at%20the%20holland%20house_zpsoermqxzb.jpg

:)

Stay tuned! Updates coming in the next chapter!

Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 11

Shark Racket was arrested and dealt with the law for a time. During that time Bailey dumped him, slapped a restraining order on him and told him that she never wanted to see his ugly face again!

Time passed, two years to be exact. A lot had happened with the Holland's. First, Bailey's birthday came along and she was no longer a teen but now a young adult.

bailey%20aging%20up_zpszfdr9vda.jpg
    (So THRILLED!)
    Baileys%20birthday_zpsdn0lxjpm.jpg
    young%20adult%20bailey_zps54dda1nv.jpg
    (Now a Young Adult!)

Bailey completely turned her life around after the Shark incident and had better plans in mind for the future. She has decided to pursue a career in Journalism and become a Star News Anchor. I mean, she was always one who liked finding out the dirt about others. ;)

Tristan was going through a phase of talking to an imaginary friend. Although his siblings teased him about it, he shrugged it off. "Boinky" felt so REAL to him!

Boinky_zps2hzqowju.jpg

Andrea grew more and more determined to become a famous world renowned doctor. She was always burying her nose into the latest medical journals and Michael couldn't have been more proud!

Derrick was finally a senior in high school and loving life! He and Jade's relationship together had stayed strong and they would even joke about getting married!

Molly, on the other hand, was causing her dad some worry. More and more she was drifting apart from the family, hanging out with the wrong crowd at school and her grades were falling. She was no longer a child now, but a rebellious teenager.

teen%20Molly_zpsu3fphv5c.jpg

So what about Michael, Jenni and Ken? Well, Michael continued to visit his sweetheart and son EVERY DAY during those two years. His relationship with Ken was growing strong.

father%20and%20son_zpstr3bbw2k.jpg
    mike%20playing%20with%20ken_zpsqcmudcly.jpg
    Mike%20holding%20Ken_zpsgeg1c4xp.jpg

And Michael and Jenni talked A LOT about their future together. Michael was beginning to feel that when Bailey moves out of the house, maybe Jenni and Ken could move in, but he needed to make it official.

Michael proposed to Jenni!

Michael%20proposing_zpsuszzd7jl.jpg
    she%20said%20yes_zpsq4vp62dv.jpg

Needless to say she was THRILLED and answered emphatically, "YES!!"

michael%20kissing%20jenni_zpsqqqhavhu.jpg

What's going to happen next with the Hollands?

Stay tuned and find out! :)

• Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    Lovely so far @emorrill
    cant wait for more ;D
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That story is turning out to be a great story so far.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    THANK YOU @EnchantedPrey and @TadOlsen!! I really appreciate your support! It inspires me! :D

So, what do you two think? Should I have Jenni and Ken move in once Bailey or Derrick moves out? (Whoever goes first). Or should I really just wait until one of them gives Michael his first grandchild? I guess I am kinda running out of ideas on good reasons to postpone the wedding. Lol!
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    Life has been pretty hectic so I haven't caught up yet, but I plan on doing so relatively soon! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    ACB44 wrote: »
    Life has been pretty hectic so I haven't caught up yet, but I plan on doing so relatively soon! Keep up the good work!
    I understand @ACB44 :) Thank you for following along and I'm glad you enjoy the story. How's that studying for the MCAT going? ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 12

As the days went on, the Holland household continued to joyfully live their lives. Sure there were up days and down days, but they all hadn't felt this happy and normal for years. Everyone was finally moving on and making plans for their future.

Michael still kept a close eye on Molly, tried to reassure he that he is there for her and also made sure to compliment all the good things she was doing. They have more of a stronger relationship with each other than Michael did with Bailey at this age so that he was very grateful for!

MIke%20chatting%20with%20Molly_zpsyipzjvby.jpg

Bailey in turn was also keeping an eye on Molly, making sure she didn't make the same mistakes she did. She loved her younger sister very much and always wanted to show it.

Bailey%20and%20Molly%20pillowfighting_zpsb8qhg26x.jpg
    (Andrea's like, "Whatever, I'm out of here." Lol! ;) )

Tristan still bothered the family about his chats with his imaginary friend. "He gets me snacks when I am hungry!" he would say, "and he will clean up for me."

go%20get%20me%20a%20snack_zps5m4wa6yp.jpg
    ("Get me a snack! I am STARVING!!")

Yeah right, his siblings would roll their eyes and think however they did notice that somehow Tristan wasn't leaving his dirty dishes or laundry around anymore...

Michael, Jenni and Ken were still as happy as could be! When Jenni took Ken to the Library for story time, Michael thought it would be nice to surprise her with some flowers and a few public displays of affection. ;)

mike%20giving%20Jenni%20flowers%20at%20library_zpsjr3fhnrq.jpg
    library%20kiss_zpsjsyqej3n.jpg

A few things began happening in Molly's life. One afternoon, after school, she decided to go off and explore a few places in town. Her intention was to stay out after curfew and not get caught, hopefully. She just really wanted a break from her family and could sense why they were paying so much attention to her. Which she found interesting because it seemed to her they didn't care this much about her when she was younger. She always felt neglected, pushed to the side because she wasn't almost having woohoo with a boy, trying to chase the love of her life or wasn't impressing dad with her interest in medical stuff. I'm fine! she would think to herself, Geez, it's not like I'm gonna be as bad as Bailey was! I can take care of myself!

First she headed to the park and wanted to sit by the fountain and enjoy the relaxing sound of the water falling. Then she saw someone she hadn't seen in a year or so...Shark Racket. What!? He's out of jail already!? The memories came flooding back of that fateful night when Bailey collapsed on the floor because she had been given a date 🐸🐸🐸🐸 drug which her father later discovered. Oh I am gonna give this guy a piece of my mind! She thought with her fists clenched. Always wanted to anyway!

Angrily she approached Shark from behind, sitting there at the outdoor chess table, and tapped his shoulder. "Shark Racket, I presume?" she asked in a snotty tone.
    Shark turned and asked, "Who the H*** are you?"
    "Bailey's sister Molly and I've got a few things to say about what you did to her!"
    Shark stood up and looked her straight in the eye.
    Then Molly began to rip into him.

Molly%20chews%20out%20Shark_zpsgaaoiek9.jpg
    "How dare you do that to my sister!? What? Her purity wasn't good enough for you!? I hope you know that she thought you were a much better guy than that! But instead you tore her heart out and made her lose a lot of faith in men!"

molly%20chews%20out%20shark%202_zpsxtocbxra.jpg
    "I hope you never forget she has a restraining order on you! And if you EVER decide to break it and get anywhere near my sister, you'll have to deal with ME!" Then she slapped him and spit on the ground beside him. "You worthless SCUM! She deserves better than you anyway!" Then she ran off, for fear of him hurting her. But man, that felt SO good! She jumped on her bike and booked it to the Graveyard. There was something there she wanted to see.

She had heard from numerous people about the creepy catacombs located in the Mausoleum basement. She wanted to check them out! When she got there she had to sign a waiver saying she wouldn't sue the Mausoleum if anything happened to her down there and blah blah blah. Yeah whatever, she thought when signing it, I totally GOT this! Well...it was VERY dark and the flashlight she was given didn't help much. She heard the strangest noises and kept tripping into old coffins covered in dust and cobwebs. One coffin in particular was slightly opened and she found herself face to face with the scariest skeleton head she had EVER seen! Other things happened down there that she couldn't explain, she was getting covered in some kind of gunk and then all of the sudden a burst of flames shot out in front of her. Screaming she thought, That's it! She ran as fast as she could back to the basement entrance, running into more cobwebs on the way than she would've liked. It was almost 11pm and Molly knew she was going to have to get home fast before the cops found her (and of course before her Dad would lecture her).

Once at home, she reluctantly stepped inside because of how burned and torn up she looked. Once she entered the foyer, Michael walked by heading into the dining room from the living room and said, "I appreciate you making it home at a decent time Molly," then he froze just as he reached the dining room. "Woah...," He said turning back toward Molly. He couldn't believe the sight before him! He then stood before her and asked, "What on earth happened to you?"

woah%20what%20happened%20to%20you_zpstvxqe0qq.jpg

Molly sighed and said, "I just ran into a little...something. It's not as bad as it looks."
    In concern Michael said, "I'd say it was a BIG something! Where were you?"
    "I was at the Mausoleum, exploring the catacombs," she answered but turned and walked passed him because she really didn't want to get lectured by him.
    "Hey," Michael called back, "you come back here and let me take a look at you."
    "I'm FINE dad!" she said annoyingly, "I just need a shower, but first I'm going to eat something because I am starving!"
    She went into the kitchen, grabbed a TV dinner and nuked it up. When it was done she joined Derrick at the table who, for some reason, was eating waffles for dinner. The two sat silently for a time, enjoying their meals.
    Then Derrick piped up and asked, "Seriously? What the heck happened to you?"

seriously%20what%20happened_zpsaiymefxh.jpg

"Arrrgg!" Molly mumbled in anger, "I'm heading upstairs and getting a shower!"
    Derrick chuckled as he watched her leave the room.

A few months passed and it was time for Derrick and Andrea's birthdays! They actually share the same birthday. So first they did a little celebrating for Derrick.

Derricks%20birthday_zpsuuqkmgzb.jpg
    Derrick%20aging%20up_zpsk8aefzh7.jpg

And now he was FINALLY a young adult!

Derrick%20as%20a%20young%20adult_zpsjpnhikji.jpg
    (Someone looks A LOT like his dad! Seriously! I thought with how funny he looked as a teen he would grow up to look just as funny, but nope he grew up well. He's kinda cute ;) I'm gonna get rid of that hideous outfit soon...)

Then they did a little celebrating for Andrea. Tristan even mentioned his imaginary friend "Boinky" was present, but of course everyone shrugged it off.

Andreas%20birthday_zpsvr8dfj1u.jpg
    ("Hey, can I enjoy MY cake first!?")
    Andrea%20aging%20up_zpslusc5ejw.jpg

And now Andrea is a teen!

Andrea%20as%20a%20teen_zpsnec9w3qx.jpg
    (Nice photo bombing there Tristan...)

While eating cake, Molly and Andrea sat together on the couch and had a nice chat about life. It really felt good to Molly. She missed the closeness they used to share.

molly%20and%20andrea%20chatting_zpsdzcmejvg.jpg

After those events it seemed like romance was in the air.

Derrick had just graduated and he had a few talks with Michael about proposing to Jade. Michael couldn't believe his kids were growing up so fast! It was hard to believe he was actually having this conversation with his son, but he said in a loving tone, "She's a wonderful young lady Derrick. If you feel it's the right thing to do, then you have my blessing."

Speaking of the Greenwood's, Tristan had really developed a strong friendship with Emerald, Jade's sister. He would never admit to her or anyone else that he had a little crush on her (except for his imaginary friend).

Tristan%20and%20Emerald_zpsoyygbtpw.jpg
    ("That's a pretty outfit you have on Emerald.")

It was nearing time for Prom and honestly, Molly didn't care much about it. If I get asked great, if I don't oh well. It's just Prom! One afternoon after school her friend, Tay Bayless, invited her over to study with him. They had been friends for about a year now and discovered they had many things in common. Molly got the impression that he kind of liked her, but...she couldn't get over those EARS of his!

Molly%20and%20Tay%20Bayless_zpsgvx1fqcc.jpg

After they were done studying, Tay said nervously, "You know Molly...I was wondering. Would you...like to go to Prom with me?"
    Molly nearly dropped her pencil.
    "Umm..." she sat there thinking, "Sure." Goodness I was NOT expecting that! But I can't say No...
    Tay's eyes lit up like fireworks as he smiled. "GREAT! I'll keep in touch with you about when I'll pick you up and other stuff like that when the time comes."
    Molly chuckled, seeing how difficult it was for him to sit still with excitement. "Sounds good."

How will Prom go for Molly and Tay? And how will Jade react to Derrick's proposal?

Stay tuned! :)
  • Options
    Ok, I've caught up!!! Definitely loving the story thus far... it's nice to see that everything and everyone is doing well and getting along. But for some reason, ... I think you are up to something lol you did say before that you like to add a little drama so I'm just a litthe suspicious about how well things are going lol can't wait for your next addition. ... to be honest, you are turning out great work in such a timely manner, it's rather impressive!

Studying for the MCAT has kind of fallen by the wayside as I get adjusted to being back at school, but I'm hoping to get back into tomorrow actually. Wish me luck lol
  • Options
    ACB44 wrote: »
    Ok, I've caught up!!! Definitely loving the story thus far... it's nice to see that everything and everyone is doing well and getting along. But for some reason, ... I think you are up to something lol you did say before that you like to add a little drama so I'm just a litthe suspicious about how well things are going lol can't wait for your next addition. ... to be honest, you are turning out great work in such a timely manner, it's rather impressive!

Studying for the MCAT has kind of fallen by the wayside as I get adjusted to being back at school, but I'm hoping to get back into tomorrow actually. Wish me luck lol

I guess you will just have to wait and see what happens. ;)

Thank you for the compliments. :) I've gotten SO excited about writing again! And I feel like I am on a much more personal level with my Sims in a way that I have never felt before. I really really care about what happens to them! Silly, I know, but I think you can understand. ;)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It sure seems to be going well for the family.Kids are growing up and some are laving childhood behind.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! SO much happened when I played my game last night!! I'm SUPER excited to write the next chapter! :D
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 13

Well, it wasn't long before Derrick decided he needed a new wardrobe.
    Updated%20pic%20of%20Derrick_zpsz7xippnz.jpg
    (Looks like he posing for GQ or something. ;) He's hot stuff!)
    (He also turned out to be quite the HAIRY guy!)
    Hairy%20Derrick_zps027uq5k1.jpg
    (And now a close up)
    Yummy%20Derrick_zpscziqvee7.jpg
    (Oh my gosh he is SO yummy! Seriously, does anyone else agree with me?? ;) )

While everyone was asleep one night, Michael had another unexpected dream. In his dream, he awoke to the feeling that someone else was in the house. Indeed he was right. Bronwyn appeared again and the first thing she did was head for the refrigerator. She had to enjoy a piece of the leftover cake from her, not so much anymore, babies birthday's.
    Bronwyn%20eating%20cake_zps0xynbklq.jpg

Afterward, she heard steps coming down the stairs. The feeling led Michael into the kitchen. He stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed Bronwyn's ghost there. "Bronwyn?" he asked, even though he had for sure recognized her.
    "Yes my love," Bronwyn said coming closer to him. "I have returned."
    Emotions flooded over Michael as he scooped her up in his arms. "Oh Bronwyn!" he cried, "You wouldn't believe everything that has happened."

mike%20hugging%20bronwyn_zpseoxr6vsn.jpg

"I know, Michael," she said, "I've seen it all. I had to come and enjoy some of that delicious cake." Then she looked him in the eye. "And of course I had to see you again."
    Michael didn't hesitate, he kissed her passionately. How is this even possible to hug and kiss her? Oh well!

mike%20kissing%20bronwyn_zps8sazbrwt.jpg

He wasn't sure what happened but he THOUGHT he heard Bronwyn say she wanted one more night to be close to him. Heck, how could he resist that! Before he knew it they were cuddling in bed.

about%20to%20woohoo_zpsyat3ihwe.jpg
    (Had to censor it. Lol.)

Then they were under the covers...
    enjoying%20woohoo_zpszcscnxij.jpg

And when the passionate experience was over, they lay there together gazing deeply into each others eyes.
    scary%20looking%20bronwyn_zpsm1xszvk2.jpg
    (Bronwyn looks a little scary. Lol!)

Oh my goodness! WHAT just happened? Michael thought. Soon he found himself waking up and there he was lying in bed, but Bronwyn was not near him. Michael rubbed his eyes and couldn't help thinking that was the BEST DREAM EVER, but he REALLY had to go and take a cold shower!

(Taking a break from the story here. ;) I know I already mentioned that Derrick graduated, but I had to include some pictures of the event).

Derrick%20going%20to%20graduation_zpsj0thcysb.jpg
    Derrick heading to graduation.

Derricks%20graduation%20awards_zpsqgwz4rhv.jpg
    Michael was SO proud of Derrick! As well as the rest of the family. He thought it interesting what his class voted him as...since he was having strong feelings of becoming a Firefighter!

Im%20so%20proud%20of%20you%20son_zpslatkocd8.jpg
    "I'm SO proud of you son!"

Derrick%20and%20Jade%20kissing%20after%20graduation_zpsvnsmugm1.jpg
    A shared kiss between Derrick and his love, Jade, on their graduation day :)

After Derrick's graduation they had a small family party. Michael and Bailey had a nice chat about Derrick's success and life in general. She was also excited to announce her recent promotion to her dad.

chatting%20with%20Bailey_zpsihjczchm.jpg

So many emotions ran through Michael throughout this night and hearing that Bailey just got promoted made him feel so proud! He gave her a big hug and said, "I'm so proud of you and everything you've done for yourself Bailey. I love you!"

Im%20proud%20of%20how%20youve%20turned%20out_zpsfibiboec.jpg

Bailey held onto him for a few minutes, hugging him back tightly. This feels so good.

thanks%20dad_zps9efg7gsd.jpg
    "Thanks dad. I love you too!"

(I just LOVE these pictures! Ok, back to the story).

In the next few days, a couple of strange things happened. Bailey got a call and just answered it without seeing who it was from. To her shock it was Shark...

Shark%20asks%20bailey%20on%20a%20date.%20fat%20chance_zps0j9ys6uf.jpg

Bailey about laughed out loud! "FAT CHANCE!" she answered him.
    "Please Bailey, can't we just make things right. I am..."
    "NO, SHARK," Bailey interrupted. "Never again! And don't ever call me again or I will call the police." Then she pushed the end call button down with great force. Oh the nerve of him! She thought.

One afternoon when Michael got out of the shower, his phone rang and he saw that is was from Jenni's parents land line.
    "Hello?"
    "Hi Michael," came Jenni's mother's voice on the other end.

(Note: this actually happened in the game! I accidentally deleted the picture proving it ;) )

"Oh Hi," Michael said, "How are you doing?"
    "I'm doing just fine," she replied, "Hey, I was wondering...would you like to go on a date with me?"
    Michael's eyes widened and he froze. "Are you drunk?" he asked her.
    Jenni's mom chuckled, "No, of course not! I really mean it. You've been so wonderful to my daughter and I would just love to spend some alone time with you."
    Michael was feeling creeped out. "Are you kidding me?" he asked, "I'm ENGAGED to your daughter! I don't think that would be very appropriate!"

reaction%20to%20call%20from%20jennis%20mom_zpsdxfvhjym.jpg

"That doesn't mean we can't have one little fling before it happens."
    "Oh gosh," Michael yelled into the phone, covering his ear, "I am not hearing this, I am not hearing this! Blah blah blah!" He never felt so disgusted and disappointed in Jenni's mom!

reaction%20to%20call%20from%20jennis%20mom%202_zps6w3xcyua.jpg

And THIS woman is going to be my mother in law? Awkward!
    "Goodnight Ms. Williams," he said disgustedly, "go sober up or take care of whatever is wrong with you!" Then he hung up.

That night Bailey and Derrick were playing a video game together.

Derrick%20and%20Bailey%20playing%20video%20games_zpsnugssnhx.jpg

"Ugghhh! I can't stand playing against you!" Bailey said in frustration. "You are too good!"
    "Why thank you," Derrick said with a smile.
    Bailey rolled her eyes and slapped his shoulder.
    "Ow!"
    "That was not meant to go to your head!"
    "Hey, you were stating the truth right? How can I NOT let it go to my head?"
    Bailey slapped him again.
    "Knock it off!"

It was Prom night and Bailey and Derrick could honestly say they were happy those days were over! Molly walked into the living room after getting dressed for the occasion and Bailey took a glance at her and said, "Seriously, Molly. THAT is what you are going to wear to prom?"
    Derrick glanced over and chuckled under his breath, snorting at the same time.
    "Hey," Molly said, putting her hands on her hips, "you dress for Prom the way you want to and I'll dress for Prom the way I want to."
    Then Andrea walked in all decked out in a beautiful, light blue dress.
    "See!" Bailey shouted, pointing at Andrea, "Andrea is dressed right for Prom!"
    "And she doesn't even have a date," Derrick added.
    Bailey slapped his shoulder again.
    "Gee, thanks," Andrea said sarcastically.
    "Look," Molly said, "I'm just not super excited about it. I'm going with my FRIEND! Nothing else. Why should I get all dressed up and look 🐸🐸🐸🐸-y when we are just friends?"
    Andrea and Bailey nodded their heads in agreement. "I didn't think of it that way," Bailey said, "I'm sorry."
    Derrick just shook his head and thought, Is Tay gonna even WANT to take her to Prom with her dressed so normally? Poor guy...

Tay arrived at the house right at the time he said he would. He even brought a Limo! "Oh my gosh!" Bailey cried jumping to the window. "No one I went to Prom with ever picked me up in a Limo!"
    Molly blushed a little. He didn't have to do that...
    Once she let Tay in he said, "Hey! I thought we could go in style!"
    "Tay, you really didn't have to..."
    "But I wanted to Molly."
    The two smiled at each other.
    "You look great!" he said to Molly.
    LIAR! Derrick thought.

Tay%20picks%20up%20Molly%20for%20Prom_zpslfgrx7si.jpg

"Shall we go then?" Tay asked, taking Molly's hand.
    "Sure."
    "You're welcome to come too Andrea," he said, "There's lots of room!"
    "Thanks Tay!" Andrea said with a grin.
    "Have fun!" Bailey called out to them, as they headed toward the Limo. "Stay out of trouble!"

Once at Prom, Andrea took a look around in wonderment.

Andrea%20feels%20like%20she%20is%20under%20the%20sea_zpsaipjd9rl.jpg

Molly and Tay were having a good time dancing. Tay was the most goofy dancer! They hadn't played any slow songs yet, which Molly didn't mind, but when they did...it sort of felt weird to her being so close to him.

"Everything ok," Tay asked.
    "Y-Yeah," Molly answered.
    "Was it my dancing back there?"
    Molly chuckled, "No."
    "Then what's bothering you?"
    He knows me too well...
    "Nothing's bothering me Tay," she said, "It's just...I never thought we would be this close to each other." Then she looked into his wondering eyes. "I gotta admit...it's kind of nice."
    The two were lost in each others eyes for a couple of minutes and then something happened.

Tay%20asks%20Molly%20to%20go%20steady%20at%20prom_zpsfa4skfnk.jpg
    (Ok, cut out the smooth moves part ;) )

To be continued....

;)

• Options
    edited January 2015
    A couple of things I wanted to share with all of you.

I'm going to have Michael add an addition to the home. A deck. :) That way they can have a space for a telescope, a treadmill and maybe a hot tub. We shall see.

Also, this popped up on my game yesterday:

michael%20is%20faithful%20to%20jenni_zpszexsc2sx.jpg

DARN RIGHT! ;) I have created Michael to be that wonderful of a man, just like my husband, father and many other examples I have seen in my life.

Stay tuned to find out Molly's response to Tay!
  • Options
    wow Tay, go steady that was fast after "lets go to prom as friends"
    wow jenni's mom ( I really hate those calls asking out my married/engaged/steady relationship sims)

good going emorrill

• Options
    wow Tay, go steady that was fast after "lets go to prom as friends"
    wow jenni's mom ( I really hate those calls asking out my married/engaged/steady relationship sims)

good going emorrill

Thanks @Enchantedprey :) Well, they were going as friends as far as Molly was concerned, but Tay obviously had other plans in mind. ;)
  • Options
    So this is the song that was going through my head writing the Prom scene with Tay and Molly. Lol! ;)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BzpJTw5Juvc
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Continuation of Chapter 13...

"What did you just ask me?" Molly asked in surprise, stopping them dancing, but still keeping her eyes on him.
    Tay grew a little nervous, but he answered, "I'm asking if you want to be my girlfriend?"
    Honestly, Molly had to think hard about that one for a moment. True she was somewhat attracted to Tay, except for those giant ears of his. But c'mon Molly that's mean! Looks aren't everything.
    Tay couldn't stand the moment of silence any longer. "Molly," he began holding her shoulders, "I've had these feelings for a while now and...I thought what better opportunity to tell you how I feel than at Prom?"
    An unexpected opportunity. "Tay...," she began.
    "Molly," he pressed, "we have SO much in common and we get along SO well."
    True.
    "We're great for each other and I have cherished our friendship. Please...just give me a chance to prove it to you." His eyes were begging. "Take a chance on me, Molly?"
    Molly couldn't help but smile. He did make a good point but...how would this affect their friendship? And what if it didn't work out? Would things ever be the same?
    "Tay? Will you promise me one thing?"
    "Anything!"
    "I'm serious about this," she said, giving him a stern look. "Say I give you a chance and it doesn't work out...will you promise to still be my friend?"
    Tay pulled her close to him. "I don't think that's something we will ever have to worry about but...yes, I promise."
    "Do you really mean it? Or are you just saying it to get what you want?"
    "No Molly," Tay replied, giving her a stern look as well. "I really mean it."
    Molly smiled and inched in closer to where they touched noses. "Then, yes," she said whispering.
    Tay smiled brightly and then took Molly by her hips and lifted her up in the air, spinning her. Molly laughed as Tay placed her down and he looked into her beautiful eyes.

Tay%20kisses%20Molly%20at%20Prom_zpsgjilmbr0.jpg

Off in the distance, Andrea had been watching the two closely. When she saw the two of them kiss she thought, Oh boy.

The rest of the night turned out to be quite eventful for both girls.

andrea%20fights%20for%20her%20friend_zpsmsghxbxg.jpg
    Molly%20and%20Tay%20cutest%20couple_zpsjjilpcjw.jpg

After that first fight, That guy needed to be dealt with once and for all, a crazy surge of anger lingered in Andrea. She saw a girl seductively flirting with a guy she's had a crush on for a little while.

andrea%20has%20feelings%20for%20Thomas_zps3hla7aqa.jpg

Under the angry spell she approached the girl and started a cat fight! Only this fight was noticed by EVERYONE at the Prom, even Molly who watched her sister in disbelief and disappointment. The fight was broken apart by a few chaperones and both girls were ordered to leave the Prom at once. Andrea of course had carpooled with Tay and Molly. When she approached them, she did in shame.
    "I have to leave," she said to them while dancing, "could I..."
    "No," Molly interrupted. "Get a taxi! I will not allow you to continue to ruin our special night!"
    All Tay could do was shrug.
    Andrea honestly couldn't blame her sister for feeling that way, but it didn't make her feel any less hurt. "I'm sorry," she said as she turned and walked away. Tears welled up in her eyes.

It was late when Molly returned home and Andrea stayed by the door until she got there. She just HAD to apologize again and make things right.
    "Why are you still awake?" Molly asked closing the door behind her.
    "Because I had to tell you that I don't know what came over me. I mean since when do I get all worked up over a boy?"
    Molly gaped. "All THAT because of a boy!?"
    "I know, I know! It's SO not me, but...because of that previous fight I had defending my friend I just couldn't get the rage out of me."
    "Wait, you had a fight before that!?"
    She didn't notice? Of course she didn't. "Yeah," Andrea replied hesitantly, "but it was because..."
    Molly stopped her with her palm raised, "I don't want to hear it Andrea."
    "But," Andrea started.
    "How could you do this to me? And to Tay? How could you embarrass us like that? This night would have been PERFECT if it wasn't for you!"

Molly%20mad%20at%20Andrea%20for%20fighting%20at%20prom_zpsnpj9wjru.jpg

"Girls," they heard from the top of the stairs. They both turned and saw their father standing up there in his pajamas and arms folded.
    "Dad," Andrea began, "I was just trying to tell her..."
    "Dad you wouldn't BELIEVE what Andrea did at the dance!"
    "Enough," Michael ordered. "We'll talk about it in the morning. It's late and I want both of you in bed."
    Molly and Andrea sneered at each other and because they share the same bed, Molly said, "I'll just sleep on the couch tonight!"
    Guess it's finally time for bunk beds, Michael thought.

A couple of weeks later, there wasn't much interaction between Andrea and Molly, which pained Michael and the others to see. Bailey was pretty involved with her job, Tristan still seemed like he was in his own little world and Derrick couldn't stay away from Jade for the LIFE of him! He was SO ready to propose to her and was trying to find the right moment. He wanted to last night, when he called Jade over to visit since it was that rare moment when it was just HIM in the house for while! Things really got heated up with them...

Derrick%20and%20Jade%20watching%20the%20stars_zpszpr5ua3k.jpg

"I have a crazy idea," He said to Jade as they gazed at the stars.
    "Yes?"
    He took her hand and lifted her up. "It's cold out here," he said wrapping his arms around her waist, "Why don't we get warmed up inside?"
    "Oh really?" Jade asked teasingly, sensing exactly what he was implying.

Well, one thing led to the next and sooner than expected the passionate experience was over. When they both got out of bed, Derrick wrapped his arms around her again and kissed her.

Derrick%20and%20Jade%20after%20first%20woohoo_zpsvkwuqv65.jpg
    (hope this is an ok pic to post. Nothing is showing really...)

"This is the best night I have EVER had," he whispered in Jade's ear.
    "Me too," she whispered back.
    Then the two of them heard a car drive up.
    "Oh gosh!" Molly cried.
    "Yeah!"
    Hurriedly they grabbed their clothes off the floor and got dressed.

Derrick smiled big thinking back on that moment. It truly was amazing! Tonight he was going to do it! He was going to propose. He invited Jade over to have dinner with the family and they were all let in on it.

After they all enjoyed a deliciously prepared meal, by Bailey, Derrick took Jade's hands, helped her up from the chair and took her off to the side. Michael suggested to the kids with a whisper that they all leave the dining room and peek out from the archways.

In the glow of the fireplace, Jade asked, "What is it Derrick?"
    Taking a deep breath, Derrick said, "Jade, I have a question to ask you."
    "What?" she asked with a smile.
    Then Derrick got down on one knee and began pulling something out of his pocket. It was then that Jade's eyes widened and she clasped her hands over her mouth.

Jade%20in%20shock_zpsuzyy68tf.jpg

"Jade Greenwood," Derrick began, "I've loved you for as long as I can remember and nothing in this world would make me happier than for us to spend the rest of our lives together."

Derrick%20proposes%20to%20Jade_zpsui6bonts.jpg

"And so I ask you Jade, will you marry me?"

Jade was so speechless all she could do was cry. "Yes," she choked, but this time it came out better, "YES!" Derrick slipped the ring on her finger and then she jumped into his arms.

Jade%20hugging%20Derrick_zps0zqmylhd.jpg

The rest of the family couldn't contain it any longer, they began clapping and cheering. They rushed out from behind the archways and each of them shared a hug with Jade.

Michael smiled as he looked upon his happy family. I can't believe how FAST they are all growing up! Then he sighed. Too fast.

:)

Stay tuned for more!

• Options
    awe the look on her face totally caught her by surprise, so cute. good going derrick!
    those two are going to have kids so fast, lol, so in love :smile:

and I am happy for Molly and Tay. good that she gave him a chance to take it further.
    hope the boy andrea likes notices her in a good way :wink:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 14

In two weeks time, everyday life things were happening at the Holland household. Michael FINALLY finished the deck at the back of the house and he couldn't have been more thrilled!

The%20new%20deck_zpsmwpotsnp.jpg

He also added some nice french doors that led to the deck, obviously, in the living room.

new%20doors%20out%20to%20deck_zpsqugkt86r.jpg

Derrick and Andrea were especially excited about the new deck because there was room for a treadmill now (which Derrick enjoyed working out in the sun and fresh air) and room for a telescope since Andrea had really taken a liking to stargazing.

Derrick%20working%20out%20yum_zpsupsqs2qo.jpg
    (Mmm! You work it Derrick! ;) Lol)

Other life happenings were:

Michael running into Jade at the beach and having an enjoyable time discussing both of their wedding plans.

michael%20and%20jade%20talking%20at%20the%20beach_zpscbvlr2jv.jpg

Also, Michael somehow overlooked how much Jenni's daughter Sue was growing up when he went over for a visit. Jenni was out with Ken at the moment, but he stayed and had a fun time with Sue.

Michael%20joking%20with%20Sue_zpszp1klfsr.jpg
    Michael%20and%20Sue%20pillowfighting_zpsn6no3r31.jpg
    Michael%20hugs%20Sue_zpst8xzjkir.jpg
    (Sue LOVES her soon to be step-dad :) )

Andrea was getting more and more into painting.

Andrea%20Painting_zpsu0lcagbt.jpg

Tristan still talked a lot about his Imaginary Friend to his family, but the only one who seemed interested about it was Michael.

Tristan%20telling%20dad%20about%20IF_zpsnelmko64.jpg
    (Michael's face! Classic!!)

He was also feeling a little left out and would ask his dad to come play or read him a bedtime story, which Michael was more than willing to do.

Michael%20and%20Tristan%20seesawing_zpsuh7gaphd.jpg
    Michael%20reading%20Tristan%20to%20sleep_zpsycvofvk5.jpg

Andrea was chatting with her father one day about being excited to go to the University when she graduates and get her medical degree. It really felt good for Michael to talk about medical stuff again, especially with his daughter. He was impressed with how much she knew already!

Michael%20and%20Andrea%20chatting_zpsfcrodnfz.jpg
    "Well, I DID learn from the best dad," she said with a smile.
    Michael smiled in return and gave her a hug.

Jenni asked Michael on a date to see a movie and it was really nice for the two of them to be alone together. It had just been too long. They discussed more wedding plans and STILL weren't sure on a definite date. Afterward Michael opened up to Jenni about his concern for Tristan and his constantly talking about his Imaginary Friend like it was real. He wanted to get her thoughts and advice.

So%20I%20am%20worried%20about%20Tristan%20and%20his%20IF_zpsypvsdzko.jpg
    "I don't know WHY I'm so worried about him," Michael said to Jenni, "I mean, I've seen a lot of kids have imaginary friends it's just that...I thought by now that Tristan would have outgrown it. And he said something about reading a science magazine and how they have discovered a potion to make your imaginary friends REAL and he's gotten all excited! I just...don't know what to do? I'm not even sure if that science could really be possible."
    Jenni put a comforting hand on his shoulder and said, "Michael, I'm sure he will grow out of it. And the way I see it, his imaginary friend is kind of an outlet for him and also someone who he feels close to. Maybe he feels he is not getting enough attention from the family. I don't know, but I'm sure he is going to turn out just fine."
    Michael lowered his head feeling bad. Perhaps I haven't been giving him enough attention and maybe I need to have a chat with the others as well. We have all been really focused on Molly and hoping that she doesn't fall off the deep end.
    Jenni lightly kissed him and said, "Don't worry. You're an AMAZING father and everyone is going to be ok."
    She can read me so well. I love her.
    "Now let's get into the movie," she continued, "before we miss the beginning part of it."

After the movie, the two of them thought it would be funny, and kind of nice, to fool around backstage since they both had never done it before.

Getting%20it%20on%20backstage_zpsgqbnuk0v.jpg

When the two of them left the theater, they giggled and then Jenni took notice of one of the movie posters.

Cool%20Movie%20Pic_zpsybz1xsd6.jpg

"Look," she said to Michael, pointing at the poster, "That doctor guy looks a heck of a lot like you!"
    Michael peered closer at it and said, "I dunno, I can't see it."
    "What are you talking about? I mean, sure he doesn't have glasses, but if you take yours off you two would look a lot alike."
    Michael honestly didn't feel like taking his glasses off, but he said, "Man, I miss wearing that white coat...I miss taking care of people."
    Jenni understood. She inched closer to him, placing her hands on his chest and rubbing her nose against his.
    "You would look 🐸🐸🐸🐸-y in that white coat," she whispered seductively.
    Michael smiled, rubbing noses with her in return. "Well, I still have it you know. I could wear it for you sometime?"
    "I would like that."
    Then they chuckled a little and kissed.

A few days later the stomach flu hit the entire household. Each family member took turns taking care of the others when they were feeling well. Michael got over it fairly quickly, but Molly seemed to be the one most affected by it. In fact, everyone got over it before Molly did...hers seemed to be sticking around. Michael kept a close watch on her, making sure she was taking in enough fluids and sustenance, but her stomach didn't seem to want to keep much down. She missed quite a bit of school and on this particular day, she woke up and threw up 3 different times and just plopped herself right back into bed.

sick%20Molly%202_zpsg0qjrbsg.jpg

Michael had just finished his breakfast when he started up the stairs to go check in on her. He couldn't help thinking how he noticed her face looking a little more sunken in the past couple of days. He was worried and figured it was time for her to go see a doctor. When he reached her bedroom door, he lightly knocked on it and heard a weak Molly say, "Come in."
    "Hey," Michael greeted, coming closer to her bed, "How are you feeling?"

Sick%20Molly%20with%20dad_zpswssm9dxp.jpg

"Awful," Molly didn't hesitate replying.
    Michael leaned over and felt her forehead. "You don't feel very warm. Have you been drinking enough water?"
    "Yes dad," Molly said restlessly, "I've been trying to anyway!" She turned her head to the side to remove his hand from it. Then she could feel him taking her pulse and that annoyed her.
    "Please dad," she said irritably, "just leave me alone."
    "Molly you've been pretty sick lately, I'm just trying to see if we should be concerned about it being something more serious."
    Molly then rolled over with her back facing him, "I'll be FINE dad. Just let me sleep."
    Michael knelt down beside her bed and placed his hand on her side. "I dunno Molly," he said, "I just have this feeling. Maybe you should let me take you into the Hospital and have them check you out."
    Molly rolled her eyes. "I really don't want to see any doctors right now and I don't want them to see ME!"
    "I understand honey, but..."
    "No you DON'T understand!" Molly nearly shouted. Then she turned to face him. "I've always disliked going to the doctor and I've felt awkward over the years when you would play doctor on me!"
    "Molly, I can understand that, but you don't look well. It's almost like you've lost a bit of weight in the past 5 days. I'm worried about you and I would feel better if you saw a doctor and got some tests done."
    Molly hid herself under the blanket like a little girl. "No dad," she cried, "I know I will get over this soon, just...PLEASE don't worry about me. I'll be fine."
    Michael shook his head and said, "I don't think so Molly." He bent down and grabbed a pair of clothes she left on the floor and threw her covers off.
    Angrily, Molly asked, "What are you doing!?" But Michael didn't say a word as he dropped her clothes on her and picked her up. "Hey! Put me down!" she ordered.
    "Nope," Michael said, carrying her through the doorway.
    Molly then began kicking and begging as he took her down the stairs, "Please dad don't take me over there! Put me down! I don't want to go, please!" Then they reached the front door. Michael opened the door and down the front stairs they went, still not saying a word to her. Molly began crying and kicking even more, "Please dad! I don't want to go! Put me DOWN!"

Needless to say it was a rough ride over to the hospital, but once they got there Molly had pretty much given up. When they called Molly back she ordered her father to stay put in the waiting room and respect her privacy. Michael respected her wishes and once she was out of sight he couldn't help but shake his head and say, "Teenagers..."

An hour went by and Michael didn't hear anything about Molly, which he didn't panic too much about because he figured they were running blood tests and that always takes a while. 35 minutes later, Michael saw his old medical buddy coming towards him whom he asked specifically for when he brought Molly in. Michael stood up as his friend approached him and asked, "How is she?"
    "Well," his friend began, "she's fine. A bit dehydrated so we've got her on some IV fluids."
    "Fine?" Michael questioned, "she looks terrible! Are you saying there's nothing else but the flu going on here?"
    His friend pursed his lips and held out a paper to him. "These are her blood test results. I figured you would want to look them over."
    "Please," Michael said taking the paper from him. He studied it carefully. It appeared that they did a full panel and everything was looking pretty normal, except for one thing. Michael closed his eyes for a second and opened them again to the same spot. He was hoping he was reading it wrong, but...No. For a few minutes all he could do was stare at the paper. His friend held his hands behind his back and patiently waited for a response.

"She's pregnant," Michael finally said.
    His friend nodded. "You didn't know did you?"
    "I didn't," Michael answered looking at the results again. "I really didn't."

Stay tuned! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, THIS is an example of why Michael is worried about Tristan and his IF. ;)

LOL!! :p

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mOe3uM9MJCk
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    Great story! I am excited to see where you go with this.
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    It gets increasingly weird to see the story of the townies in Twinbrook because I am also playing the town :D
    But great story! Very well explored family theme :smiley:
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png