Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLLAND FAMILY CHALLENGE STORY! *UPDATED 9/19*

Comments

• Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    Great story as always!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited May 2017
    Continuation of Chapter 24:

Michael was asked to head up the free Vaccination Clinic that would be held at the Cemetery (which he thought was an odd place) and because he was such a well known public medical figure, the hospital hoped he would draw a lot of attention. Not so much...In the two hours he was there only 4 people showed up to get vaccinated and one of them happened to be his father-in-law.

"Lenny?" Michael asked upon seeing him.
    "Michael!" Lenny greeted enthusiastically. He gave him a hug.
    "Aren't you supposed to be working right now?"
    "Yeah," Lenny answered, rolling his sleeve up, "but I haven't gotten vaccinated in years and I figured it was about time to get a booster."
    Michael held his father-in-laws arm still as he rubbed alcohol on the area where he was going to inject the vaccine. "It's definitely a good idea with how old you are," he said, "How are you holding up over there anyway?"
    Lenny waved away what he knew his son-in-law was thinking and replied, "Oh I'm just fine. Ask your boy. He's turning into quite the fireman."
    "That he is," Michael said, poking Lenny's arm.

vaccinating%20Jennis%20dad_zpssbwjzshs.jpg

"Ow," Lenny said, "you could've at least TOLD me when you were going to do that?"
    All Michael did was smile at him and apply a bandage over the entrance wound. "Give mom my love will you?" he asked. He really didn't want to say that after the "incident," but he had to make it look like nothing ever happened. Gee and Tristan was worried about awkward family situations!

The next person in line was real nervous to receive his vaccine, but Michael assured him it would only hurt for a tiny bit and then it would be over. Well, a tiny bit to this person was A LOT!

vaccinating_zpsm1q8w1bj.jpg

The next person handled it pretty well.

vaccinating%203_zpsszp4yxgq.jpg

When Michael saw who the fourth person was, he had to control his emotions and not jab the needle into the man like he wanted to! In turn, when the man saw Michael he wasn't too thrilled either.
    "Mr. Racket," Michael reluctantly greeted.
    "Doctor Holland," came Shark's father's curt reply.
    Let's just get this over with.

vaccinating%202_zps1u1dqzuv.jpg

The vaccination was done in a hurry and both stepped away from each other without saying a word.

It was that time of year again: Prom. Sue couldn't stop talking about it and expressing how much she really wanted Jarrett to ask her. Tristan, on the other hand, was chill about it and knew exactly who he was going to ask. Just to be silly, he put on his formal attire and headed over to Emerald's house. When he was invited in and told that Emerald was up in her room, he asked if he could go up and surprise her. Her parents consented. As he slowly opened the door to Emerald's room, he saw her sitting at her desk doing her homework. He held a bouquet of red roses behind his back. Creeping in, Tristan stopped behind her and said, "Hey Emerald."
    Jumping, Emerald looked back in frustration, but when she saw who it was she smiled. "Tristan! Are you taking me somewhere?" she asked with a wink.
    That was exactly the response he wanted. "Well, that depends," he answered.
    Emerald joyfully stood up from her seat and approached him.
    "These are for you," Tristan said, holding out the bouquet of roses.

Tristan%20giving%20Emerald%20flowers_zpswy1rpjtf.jpg

"Oh, Tristan!" Emerald said, smelling their lovely aroma, "Thank you! They are beautiful!"
    With a bright grin, Tristan gazed into Emerald's eyes.

TampE%20gazing%20in%20each%20others%20eyes_zps10yabbvy.jpg

"Emerald," he began.
    "Yes?" Emerald answered, returning the gaze.
    "There's this big dance going on...I'm sure you've heard about it?"
    Giggling Emerald replied, "Yes."
    That made Tristan giggle too. "Well, I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go with me? To the Prom?"

Tristan%20asking%20Emerald%20to%20prom_zpslqkllaq9.jpg

"Yes!" Emerald cried out, throwing herself into his arms. Tristan desperately wanted to kiss her, but he restrained himself. "I would LOVE to go with you," Emerald continued, "and I'm SO glad you asked me now because my friends were telling me a rumor they heard about Jeffrey Castor wanting to ask me to Prom."
    Tristan looked thoughtful. "Jeffrey Castor eh?" he asked, "would you want to go with him?"
    "No! I mean, I would have to say Yes if he asked first because it's just wrong to say No to someone and then go with someone else."
    Smiling, Tristan thought, True. Although too many people do it. She's wonderful.
    "So, I am really glad you asked me first!" Then she said:

Emeralds%20excitement%20to%20go%20to%20prom_zpsb9u3kim0.jpg

Tristan laughed and didn't mind the sound of that. "We'll, do it all!" he said.

A few days later, Sue was getting frantic because she hadn't been asked to Prom yet by Jarrett. "I KNOW he hasn't asked anyone yet," she told everyone at the dinner table, "because I've been asking around."
    Tristan buried his face into the palm of his hand. "Really, Sue?" he asked. "Do you know how desperate that makes you look?"
    "Hey!" Sue retorted, "just because you have it so good with Emerald doesn't give you the right to judge me!"
    "That's enough you two," Jenni calmly added.
    After sinking into her chair, Sue said, "Prom is in a week. If he doesn't ask me, I will ask him!"
    "What!?" Tristan shouted, "I mean seriously, desperate! You can't do that!"
    "And why not?"
    "Because of what I just said! And it's the guys job to ask."
    "Not anymore Tristan! You're living in the past, get with the times."
    "No I'm not! That has always been the rule and you know it!"
    "You know, if you were in my situation with Emerald you wouldn't be so hasty to..."
    "ENOUGH!" Michael said in a raised voice. "I don't want to hear another word from the both of you until dinner is over, understand?"
    Tristan nodded. Sue gruffed while getting up from her chair and stormed into the living room.
    Jenni was going to follow after her, but Michael signaled that he would.

With her arms folded, back toward the kitchen, Sue glared at the wall. She almost cried until she heard footsteps behind her.
    "Hey," Michael said in a loving tone, "let's talk."
    "I really don't feel like talking."
    Michael placed his hand on her shoulder and said, "C'mon, let's sit down. A good talk will help you feel better."
    However, Sue stepped away from him. "Leave me alone! I said I don't want to talk!"
    "Sue Rose!" Michael said sternly.
    Ugh! There he goes with the middle name! Reluctantly, she slowly turned around to face him.
    Michael stepped closer to her. "What's been going on with you lately?" he asked in concern. "This is not my Sue."
    Trying to hold back her tears, but failing, Sue sniffed and said, "I just feel moody and hormonal!"
    Michael understood.
    "Jarrett has hinted about us going to Prom together in the past, but why hasn't he asked me!?" Sue said. With her shoulders lowered she began to cry harder.
    Michael wrapped his arms around her and shh'ed her for a few seconds. Then he said, "There is still a week until Prom. He has time, just be patient."
    "Well, most guys ask girls a month or so beforehand!"
    "Tristan didn't."
    "That's because HE knew she would go with him no matter what!"
    "Hey," Michael said, looking into her eyes and wiping her tears. "I know Prom feels like the most important event in your life right now, but it won't be the end of world if Jarrett doesn't ask you to go. I know it's hard to see past that right now and I hope he does ask you, but if not just remember that everything happens for a reason."
    Sniffling, Sue decided to keep listening.
    "Trust me Sue," he continued, "no matter what happens, you'll be ok."
    Sue nodded and gave her dad a hug again. Michael kissed the top of her head. After a few seconds of standing there together, Sue let go and wiped away her tears.
    "Dad?" she said, "You like Jarrett don't you?"
    Michael had to scratch his head about that one.

dad%20what%20do%20you%20think%20of%20Jarrett_zpserpthxne.jpg

"Well, I haven't really met the kid," he said.
    "He's really nice dad, I promise!"
    "I trust you," Michael said sincerely. "I hope to get to know him better especially if he asks you to Prom."

It was three days before Prom and Sue had pretty much given up hope that Jarrett would ask her. Until he appeared at her front door that afternoon after school. Sue was thrilled to see him, but tried not to get her hopes up. As they chatted for a while, Jarrett expressed that his grandmother who lived with his family was very sick and they were trying to spend as much time with her as they could before she passes. "That's why it's taken me so long to get in touch with you," he said to Sue, "and I know it's late, but...I wanted to ask you if you would go to Prom with me?"
    Sue wanted to jump and cry aloud with joy, but she kept herself composed. Smiling she answered, "Yes! I would love to go with you."

Jarrett%20and%20Sue_zps4ju3msv2.jpg

Jarrett grinned in return and said, "Great! I'll pick you up a couple of hours before the dance so we can go out to dinner. We'll group up there with our friends."
    "Sounds great! I look forward to it!" Eeeek! I can't stop smiling! I'm going to Prom!

When she said goodbye to Jarrett and closed the door behind her, she did a little happy dance. Molly, who had been eavesdropping from the open window, approached her and said, "I was going to ask if you are happy now, but I can clearly see that you are."
    "Of course!" Sue cried, "this is the BEST DAY EVER!"
    Molly smiled and remembered how Prom was such an eventful night for her and Tay. A night she would never forget. "Come here for a second," she said to Sue, signalling for her to follow her into the living room. Sue did just that.
    Molly all of the sudden had a serious look on her face and said, "I know we are still getting to know each other Sue, but...you're still my little sister and I feel that I should advise you against something."
    Purplexed, Sue said, "Okay, what?"
    With a finger pointed at her, Molly said, "Don't you do what I did on Prom night."

Molly%20giving%20Sue%20advice%20before%20prom_zpsi3ejkzv2.jpg

Sue couldn't take her eyes away from Molly's stern finger. She was well aware of what happened that night. "Don't worry," she told Molly, "I won't."
    Molly seemed to relax a little bit. "Good," she said, "it's not that I don't love my son with all my heart or wish he didn't come into my life when he did, but...I don't want you to go through the same burdens I did. You don't want to deal with that when you are so young. Promise me you will save that part of yourself for when you are an adult."
    It was comforting to know she had a big sister looking out for her, but Sue honestly didn't know if she could promise that. She always knew it wasn't right to have woohoo as a teenager, but life is so unpredictable that she didn't know what could happen. Regardless, she felt that saying it to Molly would help give her strength if that situation ever arose. "I promise."

The night of Prom finally came! Tristan had been on cloud nine the whole day and couldn't stop expressing how he excited he was to be going to Prom with Emerald.

So%20I%20totally%20asked%20Emerald%20to%20prom_zpsyzk5e96r.jpg

"I think it's wonderful!" Molly said.
    "You two look just as cute together as Derrick and Jade do!" Jenni added.
    Tristan blushed. It would be pretty darn cool if we got married...

Michael and Jenni were happy to get to know Jarrett a little better before he took Sue out for dinner. They felt good leaving their daughter in his hands. With all the romance in the air, the two went up to their room and got frisky.

Michael%20and%20Jenni%20risky%20woohoo_zps91lat7iu.jpg

Little did Tristan and Sue realize just how eventful this night would be for the both of them.

Jarrett%20constantly%20giving%20Sue%20punch_zpsh5vageyt.jpg
    (Sorry it's blurry)

Emerald%20and%20Tristans%20first%20kiss_zpsjqzuz9fz.jpg

Sue%20charming%20Jarrett_zpsifkcxzpp.jpg

Emerald%20asking%20Tristan%20to%20go%20steady_zpsnbih6quz.jpg

Sue%20prom%20queen_zps3fpblfv2.jpg

Tristan%20prom%20king_zpsemhxgjsj.jpg
    (Brother and Sister becoming Prom King and Queen. Isn't that cool? ;) )

Jarrett%20asks%20Sue%20to%20go%20steady_zpsisjzaujq.jpg

Yes, truly a night to remember. <3
    ;)

Stay tuned!!

(Hey could I get a shout out from all of you who are following so that I can tag you all whenever I want to ask you a question or get your opinions? Thanks). :)
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Great story as always!

Aww, thanks @CoolBlueJay902 :)
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I know I'm going to sound like an absolute 🐸🐸🐸🐸... but how do we bookmark threads on this board???? I STILL don't see a bookmark button. Help?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Surreal wrote: »
    I know I'm going to sound like an absolute 🐸🐸🐸🐸... but how do we bookmark threads on this board???? I STILL don't see a bookmark button. Help?

It's not a d-u-m-b question @Surreal I've been wondering the same thing. I did notice to the Right of a thread title you can click on a Star, which I think is considered a bookmark. If that doesn't work there is always the Star at the top right of your browser and it will ask if you want to add the page to your Bookmarks Bar. :) I hope that made sense...
    Thank you for following my story! What do you think so far? :)
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    of course you can always ping me to your thread I have a few bookmarked and sometimes posting gets lost in the shuffle missed the last bit till now
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    edited February 2015
    of course you can always ping me to your thread I have a few bookmarked and sometimes posting gets lost in the shuffle missed the last bit till now

Yeah @EnchantedPrey you were the first name I wrote down. ;) Along with @ACB44 and @TadOlson. I'm sad I can't remember the others... Give a shout out! ;)
    I could go back and look through, but I'm too lazy. Lol!
  • Options
    Oh yes! I got you on the list @LaBlue0314 and you too @Jillbg :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love seeing the new updates though I was bust with an issue with my browser's home page failing to load.It turns out I'm not the only one and everybody had different browsers so it's happening on quite a few browsers.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 25

A LOT of things happened with Derrick and Jade while Andrea was off at school. She was amazed at how much Derrick climbed up in the ranks. It was fun hearing all about their adventures in the past few months.

Before Andrea left, Derrick had received two promotions:

Derrick%20is%20a%20fireman_zpscynwlqrm.jpg

His first house fire was over on the deck at Jenni's parent's home. Lenny wasn't working at the time, he was out seeing a movie. It was Jenni's mom who called.

Derrick%20first%20firefighting%20job_zpsh1piwsvp.jpg
    fire%20at%20Jennis%20parents%20house_zps7ngmucpp.jpg

It was a small fire, but Derrick fought it proudly.

derrick%20battling%20first%20fire_zpsil8fzo0w.jpg

Jenni's parents were very grateful to him, especially Lenny. He was really beginning to like Jenni's step son.

During Andrea's time at college, Derrick was getting so good at his job that he got promoted to Sergeant quicker than everyone expected.
    derrick%20is%20fire%20sergeant_zpskekqz3jh.jpg

Because he was becoming more and more busy with his career, he had to quit teaching wellness classes at the gym with Jade and left it up to her. Jade was just fine with that, however with no baby to care for, she still felt she had too much time on her hands doing nothing. So, she joined the professional sports career and started out as a Toddler Sports Coach. That sure didn't help curb her desires for a baby any...

When Derrick wasn't out fighting fires, he and Jade enjoyed spending fun and quiet times together in their beautiful home. Being two competitive people one of their favorite things to do while in the pool was a "who can hold their breath the longest" contest.

hold%20breath%20contest_zpsqw1eknoi.jpg

Derrick kept beating Jade the last few times and this time around she was determined to win!

Derrick%20wins_zps7igg12ma.jpg
    Not so much...

Derrick enjoyed rubbing the victory in her face because he knew it would get her all fired up.
    "Ha ha!" he said, splashing water at her.

Derrick%20splashes%20Jade_zpskltzj4nf.jpg

"Don't DO that!" Jade said angrily. "I swear I'm gonna work out harder and BEAT you next time!"
    Of course Derrick would always apologize for his gloating once they got out of the pool, but Jade had had enough of the teasing.

Other times they enjoyed snuggling on the couch watching TV and eating meals together.

chatting%20at%20the%20table_zpst8w2dw4s.jpg

"So how's this righteous meal I made for us?" Derrick asked Jade.

How%20is%20your%20meal_zpsdnprnmnu.jpg

"Well," Jade began, taking a bite, "it is delicious, but it's just a salad after all." She winked at him.
    "I know, I know," Derrick said, "someday I promise to make a more filling and delicious meal for you. If I ever get the time..."
    Jade smiled and placed her hand on top of his. "I'm always thankful when you cook dinner for me, no matter what it is. It's very sweet and thoughtful."
    Kissing her Derrick said, "Well, you do it for me so much I figure I should return the favor."
    Awww, Jade thought, kissing him again. He is so wonderful!

On weekends the two would spend some time at the gym,

Derrick%20working%20out_zpsreodwwhg.jpg
    Jade%20working%20out_zpsqrxfrsnd.jpg

and at the Library or Consignment Shop where Jade HAD to go to find good deals! She loved living frugally. Derrick was excited to find a Time Machine there. It was over a thousand simoleons and Jade was not very thrilled about that, especially when it probably didn't work and...Time travel is impossible anyway. However, Derrick brought up that he would use HIS fun money to buy it, fix it up and see if it works.
    "I promise to keep it out of your way," he said to her.
    Sighing Jade said, "Ok, honey, but if it doesn't work don't say I didn't tell you so!"
    Derrick grinned like a little boy getting his first bike. I KNOW this baby is going to work and Jade's going to be sorry she ever doubted it.

Once they made their purchases and arranged for delivery of the time machine, Jade saw that her sister Emerald was sitting on one of the couches reading a book. "Emerald!" she called out. Emerald looked up and smiled. Soon Jade and Derrick sat down by her and began chatting about a few things, especially her relationship with Tristan which they thought was SO cool!

running%20into%20emerald%20at%20consignment%20shop_zpsbcstoocr.jpg

"Looks like we're going to have TWO Greenwood girls becoming Holland's," Derrick said with a wink to Emerald.
    Jade grinned brightly.
    Emerald blushed. "It's a bit early to be thinking about that isn't it?"
    Derrick shot a quick glance at Jade and then said, "Not for us it wasn't. We talked about getting married all the time when we starting going steady."
    Emerald lowered her head and said, "I know, I remember Jade talking about it." Then she sighed. "I'm just not ready to think that far ahead."
    Jade scooted closer to Emerald and put her arm around her. "That's okay," she said, "we definitely wouldn't want you to feel pressured to marry Tristan because we all think that would be so cool." She paused. "It all depends on what you and Tristan feel is right. If you end up going separate ways, none of us are going to think any less of either of you."
    Derrick pursed his lips and nodded.
    "Thanks," Emerald said, giving Jade a hug, "things really are going so well between us right now. I hope that will never change."
    After a few seconds of silence, Jade excused herself to use the restroom and Derrick expressed to Emerald that he had to tell her about his latest firefighting story before she left.

Derrick%20telling%20emerald%20about%20his%20first%20fire_zpsjc3smz72.jpg
    Derrick%20chatting%20about%20fire_zpsz08apdmj.jpg

"Wow," Emerald said in awe. "It's amazing what you do! I could never be that brave!"

One weekend at the Library, Jade was pleasantly surprised to run into Bailey. It had been too long since they last hung out or chatted.

running%20into%20Bailey%20at%20the%20Library_zpsyq68ispw.jpg
    Jade%20and%20Bailey%20hugging_zpslcc7l1p8.jpg

Jade invited her to come over to their place so they could chat in a more private setting. After a lengthly conversation, Jade asked Bailey, "Would you like to stay the night? I know Derrick would love to chat with you when he gets back."

Do%20you%20want%20to%20come%20over_zps8cv2dmao.jpg

Bailey seemed hesitant which Jade thought was odd, but she answered, "Sure. I think that would be fun." When Derrick returned home from an emergency that happened at the Fire Department he was elated to see Bailey and gave her a big bear hug. The two hung out by the fire in the living room just chatting about all sorts of things until midnight. Derrick couldn't help but feel like Bailey was holding something back from him. That caused him to worry and he was tempted to pressure it out of her, but he didn't. I'm sure whatever it is she will share it with us when she feels the time is right. I just wish she would now... Then another crazy thought came into his head which caused him to cry out in his mind, PLEASE don't be back together with Shark!

A few weeks later, it happened. Derrick got the time machine to work! Jade was dumbfounded and insisted on watching him go into it and come back out, mostly because she wanted to make sure he would be okay. Derrick had no problem with that! He was so excited he couldn't sleep! He decided to jump into different times in the past.

going%20to%20the%20past_zpsjvmlhqtr.jpg

After a little over an hour of being in the time machine, Derrick burst out wearing a new outfit. Jade held her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh, and said, "Nice armor dear."

awesome%20past%20armor_zpsjvykvsml.jpg

"I know, right?" Derrick said excitedly, "Oh man I gotta tell you what I've just been through!"

It was a typical work day for Derrick. He chatted with Lenny,

chatting%20with%20Lenny_zpscmtc7vkv.jpg

and had an amazingly fun time jumping and doing flips on the trampoline with one of his coworkers.

jumping%20on%20tampoline_zpshfuqp4pa.jpg
    flipping%20in%20the%20air_zpsjedifqrh.jpg

He also got a call from his dad to see how life was going.

Hey%20dad_zpsincphro3.jpg

"Yes dad, everything's good."
    "Okay. Just wanted to check and see how you were doing and making sure one of my biggest fears doesn't come true."
    "What is that?"
    "That I get a call from one of my buddies in the ER saying that'd you've been admitted and...probably won't make it."
    Derrick smiled appreciating his dad's concern. "Don't worry dad. I'll be fine. That's not going to happen."
    The subject quickly changed to something else.
    "Yeah," Derrick said with a sigh, "we are still trying for a baby, but trust me, you'll be the first to know when Jade's pregnant."

Yes%20we%20are%20trying%20for%20a%20baby_zpsiha6nxl5.jpg

Next it was on to maintaining the fire alarm and fire engine.

Maintaining%20alarm_zpsn1c3nbcv.jpg
    maintaining%20fire%20truck_zpspzidjyg2.jpg

Man, my back is killing me! I could REALLY go for one of those amazing back rubs from Jade...

Jade%20giving%20derrick%20massage_zpsah7ibyxl.jpg

Then an odd call came in. It was the Chief on the phone with an unusual job. Lenny was the one who answered and because he had done this job before he decided to pick on Derrick. "Holland, this one is for you!" He shouted to get Derrick's attention after hanging up. Derrick slid down the pole...

sliding%20down_zps4ttu4jfl.jpg

and joined Lenny in the office. "Yes sir?" he said.
    "The chief called and asked if we would deal with a situation," Lenny began, "the police were the ones who were originally called but because they are stuck up, whiny A** Holes who refuse to do anything that might embarrass them or the department they throw the job on us."
    Oh dear, Derrick thought.
    "It's not fire related, it involves Gnomes."
    Upon hearing that, Derrick snorted from a failed held in chuckle. Trying to keep a straight face he asked, "Gnomes, sir?"
    "Yes," Lenny said, not laughing, "Angry gnomes. They pop up in town every year or so and raid people's gardens and destroy their homes!"
    Derrick couldn't believe this. "You're joshing me aren't you Lenny?"
    "Actually, I'm not," Lenny replied bluntly. "These creatures DO in fact exist. I have taken care of them a few times during my firefighting days. They are very dangerous and not to be taken lightly." He turned in the desk chair and grabbed a piece of paper, handing it to Derrick. "Here is the address and you're the one I'm choosing to take care of it. Have fun!" He smiled.

On the way over to the house Derrick couldn't help thinking what a waste of time this was. When he arrived the owner of the home stood a few feet away from his house and cried, "Please sir, get rid of them! They are destroying my outdoor furniture and one tried to bite me!" It took Derrick a few minutes to locate any sign of a gnome but once he did, it appeared out of thin air and began chewing rabidly on one of the legs of the owner's grill. In an instant, he darted towards it.

catching%20angry%20gnomes_zpsb5fnhbgj.jpg

The pesky gnome disappeared and would reappear at another location in the yard. Derrick felt like he was getting nowhere and it angered him. This was almost as bad as trying to catch a chicken, perhaps worse. It seemed there were TWO that he needed to catch and luckily one reappeared by his feet and he caught it in an instant. The other was more of a pain to catch, but after a half hour of running wild he finally pounced upon it. Thankful that his firefighter suit kept the gnomes teeth from digging into his skin, he threw them into separate cages and gladly locked them. It was the most annoying thing he had ever done in his life! That was pathetic, he thought, I could've missed saving a home or a life running around trying to catch those 🐸🐸🐸🐸, annoying things! Gnomes, ALIVE!? This is unreal! One thing that made him feel better about it though, was receiving an award from City Hall for his gnome catching effort.

fighting%20gnomes%20award_zpsqakkqql0.jpg

One night, Jade came home late from work and Derrick could sense something was wrong by the look on her face. She just tossed her keys down on the table and headed upstairs. Derrick followed. When he found her, she was laying on their bed crying. He went to her and slid onto the bed beside her. "What's wrong?" he asked while putting his arm around her waist.
    It took a few seconds for Jade to respond. Sniffling she answered, "I really h-a-t-e my job sometimes."
    Thinking he knew the answer already, Derrick asked anyway, "Why?"
    Turning over to face him Bailey replied, "It's just hard being around all these kids. They are so cute and I've grown to love them dearly, but at the same time my heart aches because we can't seem to have one of our own!"
    Derrick lowered his eyes.
    "I'm so afraid that I'm completely infertile. None of the options the doctor has given us are working!" She lowered her head sobbing. "I know you've mentioned adopting," she continued, "but I want one of our OWN! I know this sounds awful but I don't want the drama that comes from adopting. It's so expensive too. Part of me still wants to believe that I can have a baby. I'm just tired of all the tests and getting my hopes up only to have them crushed over and over again. There's no way we could afford in vetro...I just don't know what we are going to do!"
    Derrick held on to her tightly as she continued to cry.
    "I just want us to have a baby."
    "I do too," Derrick whispered, "but there's still that new fertility drug the doctor wants to get you on. Maybe that will be the key to our success."
    "It won't work," Jade sobbed, "the other one didn't work so what makes this new drug any different?"
    Kissing her cheek Derrick replied, "I don't know, but we should give it a try and have faith."
    "It's hard to have faith in a God who doesn't answer your prayers," Jade said wiping a tear away.
    "Jade, He does answer them. Some answers take longer than others to be received."
    Sniffing, Jade said, "I really don't want to talk about this right now."
    "Ok," Derrick said respecting her wish.
    "Just hold me," she said and that's what Derrick did.

comforting%20Jade_zpsqj0ecqpw.jpg
    (Ok, so let's pretend they aren't smiling. ;) )

They didn't stop holding each other for the rest of the night.

D%20and%20J%20snuggling_zpsl5cpebin.jpg

Time went by. Jade finally agreed to take the new fertility pill but was losing her hope in it again after a month of trying and no pregnancy. Derrick was thankful he had his job to keep his mind off having a child. Every morning he would sadly walk into the spare bedroom before work staring at the empty crib while he prayed hard to God for them to be blessed with a child.

sad%20there%20is%20no%20baby_zpst7vvemzj.jpg

One day Derrick encountered his largest house fire yet.

running%20to%20the%20scene_zpskfvqehhd.jpg
    Derrick%20with%20the%20hose_zpszkvucasi.jpg
    fighting%20big%20house%20fire_zps0osrrtsn.jpg

Two people were trapped inside and he had to break a few doors to get to them.

breaking%20down%20a%20door_zpse9u685u1.jpg

In four hours he got the two people out and completely extinguished the fire with the help of his fellow firefighters. He was honored at City Hall once again for saving the two lives.

Derrick%20saves%202%20lives%20award_zpsyxd4mjbw.jpg

Just two days before Andrea returned home from college, Derrick finally got the promotion he was hoping for. However they didn't promote him to Lieutenant like he thought, they made him a Captain!

Derrick%20is%20fire%20captain_zps3om6ii9d.jpg

It was a pleasant surprise and his family members couldn't have been more proud of him.

Yup, life was going pretty well for Derrick. His job was everything he dreamed it would be.

running%20to%20the%20scene%202_zpsbdf3u11p.jpg

He just wished it could be better in he and Jade's personal life.

Stay tuned! :)

• Options
    awe poor jade **hugs Jade**

• Options

You're sweet @EnchantedPrey :) Having suffered from infertility for 5 years myself, I could write how she was feeling because that's how I felt.
  • Options
    @emorrill my sister in law had that problem, she was a bit depressed and upset when we got married years after them and I ended up pregnant right away, then of course we found out I was having twins and to her it felt like life was rubbing it in that she wanted to have kids so bad. thankfully they had just undergone fertility treatment (for the 5th time) and found out soon after that it took. so I have my twin girls and I have twin nephews that are a few months younger then my girls its fun to get them all together now four 5yr olds running a muck

• Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

You're sweet @EnchantedPrey :) Having suffered from infertility for 5 years myself, I could write how she was feeling because that's how I felt.

I have been suffering in the same boat @emorill, except I am 7 years. My heart goes out to you. You really captured Jade's feelings perfectly.
  • Options
    LauriApp wrote: »

I have been suffering in the same boat @emorill, except I am 7 years. My heart goes out to you. You really captured Jade's feelings perfectly.

Thanks @LauriApp :) Her feelings were exactly my feelings at the time.
    I went through two miscarriages before having our daughter and she indeed was our miracle baby. A gift from God. There are days that she drives me up the wall and I feel like strangling her, Lol! But I always have to remind myself to remember how much we wanted her, prayed for her and worked hard to get her. God bless you and I hope that you too can be blessed with a child. <3
  • Options
    @emorrill my sister in law had that problem, she was a bit depressed and upset when we got married years after them and I ended up pregnant right away, then of course we found out I was having twins and to her it felt like life was rubbing it in that she wanted to have kids so bad. thankfully they had just undergone fertility treatment (for the 5th time) and found out soon after that it took. so I have my twin girls and I have twin nephews that are a few months younger then my girls its fun to get them all together now four 5yr olds running a muck

Wow! You two have your hands full @EnchantedPrey. ;)
    It was very hard because it seemed like EVERYONE around us was having babies and we weren't. It was hard to go to church and see all the kids and hear parents talk about their kids and I couldn't even relate...Many times I felt like God wasn't hearing my prayers, but deep down I knew He was...it was just all about His timing. He sees the bigger picture when all we can see is the present. My two miscarriages were heartbreaking and I was angry at God for it, but looking back...there was no way we could've had a child in the situation of life we were in (deployment, unemployed). God was looking out for us, we just couldn't see it at the time.
    Let me just go ahead and tag you in this one @LauriApp. ;)
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    LauriApp wrote: »

Thanks @LauriApp :) Her feelings were exactly my feelings at the time.
    I went through two miscarriages before having our daughter and she indeed was our miracle baby. A gift from God. There are days that she drives me up the wall and I feel like strangling her, Lol! But I always have to remind myself to remember how much we wanted her, prayed for her and worked hard to get her. God bless you and I hope that you too can be blessed with a child. <3

Thanks@emorrill! I also experienced two miscarriages but they were both early pregnancy ones. Unfortunately our only hope involves expensive procedures but we aren't giving up! Congrats on getting your little blessing!

The sims have become my biggest escape. I always end up with families with lots of sims children.
  • Options
    @ACB44, @EnchantedPrey, @TadOlson, @Surreal, @LaBlue0314, @LauriApp, @Jillbg and any other followers:

I'm sorry I haven't written in a few days. I've been so busy that I haven't been able to play my game to write more of the stories. :( I'm hoping to get started again soon. Please continue to stay tuned. ;) I appreciate your support SO much!
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    No worries @emorrill‌ . I've been super busy with trying to keep up with my work and recover from this cold so I haven't really been able to play either, nor be too active on the forum. Hope you get some free time soon, but until then I'm patiently waiting :smile:
  • Options
    @emorrill‌ its alright hun I havnt been playing with all the ads I have been clicking been earning sp like a boss though

• Options
    been earning sp like a boss though

Oh yeah? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok. I'm still working on the story and arranging the photos for the next chapter, but I had to share some of these random photos with you all. ;)
    @ACB44, @EnchantedPrey, @TadOlson, @Surreal, @LaBlue0314, @Jillbg, @LauriApp and other followers.

I find it funny that EVERY daughter born to Michael and Bronwyn have been very well endowed! Lol! :p
    (Male followers these are especially for you ;) )
    Seriously, I never MODIFIED these whatsoever. All three were totally born with them! Bronwyn was a premade sim I made the in the past and I forgot about her body style and traits. I just picked her for the heck of it because she was going to get killed off. I guess I made her well endowed....I mean, those things certainly didn't come from Michael! Lol!

Ok, we will start with the oldest daughter, as you all know, Bailey. I think hers are the biggest!
    Screenshot-36_zpst2xumvss.jpg
    She gets a new outfit...for a certain reason in the next chapter...which show them off more. I think that was her intent. ;)

Second oldest, Molly:
    Screenshot-34_zpskircevvk.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zpswoizwh1x.jpg
    I think Tay considers himself a very lucky man. Lol!

And lastly, Andrea:
    Screenshot-37_zps559tvdw6.jpg
    Sorry guys, she ain't showing any more than that!
    And remember how hers were SO big that they messed up the mesh on her graduation robes?
    graduate%20andrea_zpsfvggkptd.jpg

Anyway, sorry about that I just couldn't help but share. ;)

Here's another Sim in town who has the Michael Holland look:
    another%20sim%20who%20looks%20like%20michael_zpsneoacdtt.jpg

And here is Ken playing with the toy doctor kit. :) I always catch him doing it. Will he become a doctor too??
    Ken%20playing%20with%20doctor%20kit_zpsrq6hbegs.jpg

Anyway, that's all I wanted to share. Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter! :) Bye for now.
  • Options
    Just curious, because I have been tagging others, @Emma_Valentine, @SweetieKaye, @moonandsixpens and @Lokisimsies are you still following? If not, it's all good. I just want to know so I can tag you when a new chapter is up. ;) If you wish not to be tagged let me know. Thanks for reading! I appreciate the support. :)
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm still reading. :D
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    I haven't got the time to read but I have the thread bookmarked ;)
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png