Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LadyDaKare Builds UPDATED 3-02 LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Comments

• Options
    Jackie_7_SimsJackie_7_Sims Posts: 7 New Member
    @Jackie_7_Sims Thank you for the Congratz and I am very pleased you are enjoying "An American McMansion". I figure at least our Sims can enjoy my dream home! LOL! You've called me a "genius" a "true artist" and that I have a "passion for architecture". You have just showered me with compliments and to be told that you are "...drawn to anything you created" is an incredibly humbling compliment. I am truly honored by your compliments, your recognition, and the respect you've bestowed upon me for my creations. Coming from a fellow Builders such as yourself, I'm blown away. Especially since you are such a talented creator yourself. Thank you. Again, thank you.

Thank you very much LadyDaKare, such complimentary words. :smile: :smiley: :blush:
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I have seen the Kerala pics numerous times and have always thought it would be fun to try and reproduce one of the them, but you have done it! An Indian Kerala is STUNNING!
  • Options
    LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    @romagi1 Wow! Apparently that pic gets around! LOL. I'm glad you find An Indian Kerala "STUNNING". What a great compliment. There are other pics by the same designer - pick one and make it. Would love to see what you come up with it.
  • Options
    (*) (*) Wicked Cold New England (*) :p

EJv6geB.png

Anyone see the weather reports recently? Unless you are hiding under a rock you know that Boston has received record snowfall this year, the Northeast of the United States has been pummelled by one snow storm after another, and the people...they are WICKED SICK OF IT!

"Wicked" is a common slang term used by New Englanders to describe everything from awful to awesome. I was born and raised in Connecticut and miss living up there a great deal. But, not so much at present.

This build is to all of you Wicked Cold peeps living in the Northeast who are Wicked Sick of the snow and wicked tired of seeing nothing but white. This is for all of you who are wicked tired of being stuck in your home covered by the wicked high snow and who all just need a wicked cool vacation to the Caribbean.

The Overall Floor Plan
    First Floor
    VmR3P4V.png

Second Floor
    PMfc5xx.png

Entry

This is a New England Colonial. That means, the front rooms are very formal and the house is divided into very distinct and separate rooms. The entrance of this house is no different. It is formal and shows the family's Best. This entry is a replication of my best friend's growing up. It has the double tables with mirrors and the formidable grey walls and judge's panelling. It also has the double doors separating the space from the informal rooms of the house.

a6BcL3N.png
    tJmqO4Z.png

Formal Living Room

This room was completely inspired by the Formal Living Room in the house I grew up in. My mother kept a marble topped Queen Anne coffee table in the room from sometime around 18XX. It actually came from England and is an heirloom from my father's side of the family. Of course, there is a fireplace in the room and this one is flanked by my puppy dogs, Ginny and Winston.

The chairs at the front of the room cannot be used. They were created using the MOO cheat and are suppose to look like those rounded back chairs that were ever so popular back during Queen Anne's time. No, your Sims can't sit in them! This is a FORMAL room. Look only, don't touch! ;)

LGOFNEe.png
    G3pCEdA.png
    PQvTQrv.png

Formal Dining Room

This room is almost an exact replica of my grandmother's dining room in her 1680 something or another colonial home in Glastonbury, CT. Yes, the house still stands and is now occupied by a 2nd or 3rd cousin of mine. The dining room still looks the same. The table is a long mahogany Queen Anne with matching chairs. Was shipped over from England during the 1800s sometime. Has the matching China cabinet and serving table with a beautiful framed Monet original replica hanging over it. I said these rooms were Formal and were where the family shows off their best!

WDc22tf.png
    ohV9kj4.png

Office and 1/2 Bath

My Great Grand Uncle lives in Massachusetts and had this large colonial that had been updated/modernized. He used a small back room that was left in its original condition as his office. That's what inspired this room. It has the original judges panelling and some really old wallpaper and I thought this TS4 version captured the feel of what I was going for perfectly. It's a formidable Male decorated room so I stayed with dark woods throughout and minimal drapery. The plants, my Great Grand Aunt absolutely insisted on them and my Uncle just grumbled in consent. LOL. I modernized it with a computer for Sims.

x5B27sq.png
    kXw2yJG.png
    1moxMFU.png

Great Room and Kitchen

Many of these homes fall within historic preservations, are historic homes owned by famous people, or are just really really old and the community wants to save that heritage. But, modern families want kitchens inside the house and not a separate building. And going to the outhouse was so last century. The vast majority have compromised by updating historic homes with modern amenities while preserving the historic home through the use of extensions. The extensions are where the casual, everyday living takes place and where all the modern amenities such as plumbing exist.

This build is a nod to all those New Englanders who have kept their old homes original condition in tact while modernizing the home for everyday use. This kitchen is HUGE. It is based off my memory of a friend's kitchen and my mother considering it the "dream kitchen" because it had so much space and storage. I also remember the stairs going from this room upstairs without having to use the front stairwell and I incorporated all that into this space. Why New Englanders have to have a fireplace in the modern room is honestly something that makes me chuckle. It's part of the architecture and culture I was always told. For all my New England friends and family currently without electricity, this is currently a life saver.

For the Sims, this space offers the central location for their activities and when I was play testing this build the Sims spent the vast majority of their time here. See my tea maker? B)

j06DwGo.png
    lBU1OtN.png
    QAEbspa.png
    lSXWoFu.png
    wrjPtNZ.png

Garage

This is a nod to all those in New England who have their workout rooms in the basement or garage. We don't have basements in TS4 (yet) so I put the workout machine in the garage. Growing up I distinctly remember this being the case and it's such a strong memory I just had to incorporate it in this build. Look at my man's legs eh! Sexy! <3

hYzegJV.png

Upstairs Landing

This is where my family showcased all the family pictures and awards or what we referred to as "The Wall of Family". When I was laying out this space for the bedrooms I was pleased the long hallway was created. Just like growing up. That dark hallway that went on and on and on. As kids, we use to think monsters lived in the room at the end. Hey, it's possible! ;)

NtErvdQ.png
    DwHreH7.png

Master Suite
    Master Bedroom

This area is a replication of my parents bedroom in the house I grew up in. The colonial I grew up in wasn't historical so we had the modern amenities throughout the house. My parents bathroom and my Mom's closet took the front of the house and their bedroom was the entire side of the "original" colonial. It was a huge room and I remember spending cold winter mornings in bed with my parents watching TV. The color scheme of this room is simply based off of what's available in TS4 (I so want CAS and the design palette wheel back). I added a touch of whimsy with the rugs.

vU0OWeb.png
    N2LNbbF.png

Master Bathroom

I remember watching my Mom get ready in her HUGE bathroom. Ok, it's not huge. But as a kid I sure thought it was. In the 80's my parents redid the bathroom with these blue tiles that were all the rage at the time. Ah, the 80's.

GzqNVp3.png
    Ux5JmSd.png

Lady's Closet

My fascinating and love of SHOES comes from my mother! I think it's a genetic thing! My grandmother was the same way. I remember when I was really young and my parents were house hunting. It was THIS closet that sold my mother. She was so ecstatic that she had a wall of shelving for SHOES!

I no longer have my mother. This is for my Mom. <3

wYanTsg.png

Girl's Room

This is almost exactly what my room looked like when I was growing up. Pretty much the bed and toys are where I had them. I had a dresser and a desk I couldn't fit in this room because I wanted to add the dollhouse. Color scheme, mine was yellow walls with yellow pink and green bedspread and matching draperies. Oh yeah, they matched.

But the mess, the stuffed animals, the toys, the large closet are all very much like my bedroom as a little girl. Yup, the clothes under the animals too. That was my idea of cleaning then. :p And, so is the rug. The house was all hardwood floors but a large rug was in the room that almost covered the entire floor. Then on top of that I had this sunburst like rug in yellow, pink, and green and it matchy matched the draperies and bedspread. Folks, this was the 80's. Oh yeah, matchy match all the way! Wicked Cool! B)

40PmnnS.png
    ojMU01U.png
    aB0kvrU.png
    HJUA3Ro.png

Boy's Room

This space was difficult because it was so small. The stairwell from the kitchen really took away a lot of space from this room so I couldn't add as much boy stuff and mess as I wanted. Like with so many of my boy's rooms in the past I often take inspiration from my brother's room, or rather the condition he kept in, when growing up. My brother was a slob. Now, he's a fanatic neat nick. *rolls eyes* My brother was also gadget happy and as such if we were kids today I imagine he'd have a computer in his room along with all the toy robots and model cars and planes.

oI9Krs8.png

Guest Room

I decorated this space as a "guest room" but it really can be used for a teenager through elder for Sims. I wanted this room to have a unique personality, one very different from the rest of the colonial and formal New England look that dominates the rest of the build. Time to go out west! I pulled my inspiration from a cousin who went to school out west, I think Arizona, and came home with all this western looking stuff. He decorated his room with it. It was so overly different and it made a strong memory.

U9DHzfK.png
    RVbsL4R.png

Bathroom

Growing up there was 1 bathroom for us kids to share and we were grateful! LOL. Yes, extremely grateful for being the last in the shower and stuck with the wicked freezing water. Extremely grateful for having to wait for my brother to hurry up so I could get ready for school. Extremely grateful for having to get up at 4:30 or 5am to be the first in the shower so I could leave my brother with the wicked cold water and really tick him off taking FOREVER to get ready in the morning. Oh yes, most grateful.

The color scheme was chosen based off the tub and sinks. The tile choices are so reminiscent of tiled bathrooms up North. Those hexagon tiles, OMG, the memories! I was going to do the grey tiles but it made the room very dark and, well....grey. I chose the pink to brighten it up and I think the pink and grey just look beautiful together.

fkAbh3G.png
    b9qUA6u.png

Backyard and Playground

It's Wicked Cold outside. We don't want to go out and play. We're wicked sick of the snow Mom. Before we would get to that state, we would love to play outside in the snow making the wickedest snow forts, playing ice hockey, and having the wickedest biggest snowball fights. Of course, the best part was coming inside to a hot cup of hot chocolate.

I chose this playground set because it was the most white. I wanted something that looked like snow had covered it.

This is also why you do not see a pool on this lot. It's TOO WICKED COLD! Plus, it's covered in snow.

The landscaping is somewhat minimal and was done purposefully. It's COVERED in snow!!!!! No flowers, no green. Even the outside dining and sitting areas and birdbath are covered white with snow. Oh, the lights showing the path to the sitting area are there, but, they haven't shoveled. There stuck inside keeping warm. What vegetation I did use I tried to make it look like it was covered in snow.

Did I succeed New England? Is it white enough? :p

qk9fAaK.png

Outside Pictures

EJv6geB.png
    EYMmLnC.png
    gRQjqxw.png
    wGI4eKL.png
    j4BsXYm.png

(*) (*) Wicked Cold New England (*) :p
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I already gave this a comment & an ole' fa-vo-rite on the Gallery..but sure is nice 2 c some up-close & in-game shots!
    I like the upstairs wall of family & just how long & hallway-ish it really does seem. =)
    Neat job w/the closet in "your" little girl room
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Wicked Cold New England is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The red colour of the exterior is nice, and it looks nice how you have placed the open shutter windows in the build. Nice covered over front porchway. It looks great how you have the ground white to signify the snow. The type of fencing that you have used for the home looks nice and suits the type of home. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home. It is very nice reading along with each picture the background details about each room. It is very nice how you have brought aspects of the rooms and furnisjings from the homes of your family into the rooms. The formal living room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have created the rounded back chairs! They look great! The type of curtains that you have used in the room are nice. The wall paneling is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there warming up in front of the fire. The picture on the fireplace wall is nice for sims to see whilst sitting there chatting. The teaset is a nice touch on the coffee table. It is nice that your Mother had an heirloom coffee table in her home, and that you have reflected it in this room. Very nice dining room! Your grandma's real life dining room would be a very nice place to enjoy dining in! The red and white colour scheme of the dining room is very nice! The long dining table looks nice, and it looks great how you have placed seats at the ends of the table too. The red colour of the curtains adds a richness to the room. The flowers on the table top are pretty for sims to see whilst their meals. The corner display cabinet, the wall painting to reflect the Monet Picture, and the serving table with the teaset on it is such nice touches to reflect your inspiration of your grandma's room. Your great grand uncle's office is very nice! The wall panelling is very nice. It looks nice how you have angled the study desk in the corner. It is nice that you have plants in the corners, to reflect that your great grand aunt wanting to make sure that there were plants in the room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer and reading a book. Very nice layout of the great room and kitchen! The design of the kitchen is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the counters and cabinets! The bottles and fruit bowl are nice touches on the counters. Nice sofa sitting area. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv and warming up near the fire. Nice art and chess corner nook. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there, or have fun playing chess. The enlarged orange flowers picture on the dining wall is nice for sims to see whilst eating their meals. It is grrat that you have a gym area in the garage. The texture of the garage walls suits the type of room. Your upstairs landing wall of family is very nice! The sims will enjoy looking at the pictures as they walk down the hallway. Very nice master suite! It is special that it is a replication of your parents bedroom. The colour scheme of the room is very nice! Nice wall pattern. It looks nice the type of and how you have placed the curtains in the room. Very nice corner and arnchairs sitting area. The flower pattern on the floor there looks very nice. The candles behind the seating looks nice. The pig looks great in the room! The blue wall tiling in the master bathroom is very nice! It looks nice how you have sinks on both sides walls of the room, and the mirrors look nice how you have placed them on the walls. The toiletries on the counters are nice touches there. The wall lights are nice. Very nice shoes closet! The girls bedroom that you have designed to reflect your own one when you were young is very nice! The toys there look great! The clothes and shoes closet is very nice! The animal pictures look nice how you have placed them on the wall. It is nice that you have a dollhouse in the room. Very nice colour scheme of the room. The clothes on the ground in your brothers room looks great! Nice computer study desk nook. Sims will enjoy sitting using the computer there. The pink, grey and white colour scheme of the kids bathroom looks nice, and the tiling is nice. It is great that you have used white for the pirate ship to reflect that it is covered in snow! Child sims will have fun playing on it. The snowy outdoors looks great! Nice white snow themed outdoors dining area. It looks great how you have used white coloured dining seats, table and bbq there.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Bright and cheerful house! I see that you have used white terrain paint to create the snow effect! Nice work! Love the living room and the closet you have created in the girl's room. Good job! :D
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Love the new work
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    We seriously need to get together with a Wicked Nice bottle of wine. B) Your Wicked Cold New England, is Dead On! I Wicked Enjoyed your background story! But first, I have to let you know that the Freakin Snow here is up to the window sills on the first floor!! I mean REALLY? HOW, can the snow be that Wicked Deep??? Never-Ever, have I seen this much snow! I Hate it! On the plus side, we're leaving tomorrow afternoon for nearly two weeks of sunshine and warmth. Ahhhhhh B)

Your home is Fabulous! I love the huge kitchen and that is open to the family room, but I did Not see your tea maker? I might be missing a joke here. :p

The closets are Wicked Cool. Especially your Mom's. It's kinda funny but my closet looks similar to the one in your build. We have six black armoires with hanging clothes and shoes in between each of them. It's huge because it's over the garage which has a hipped roof. It made it difficult to plan for something that would not only look nice, but actually work too. But now, I Wicked Love it. :p

The part about having only one bathroom made me laugh. :# Same thing when I was growing up but there were SIX of us kids. :s So true about the water being ice cold most of the time. That horrible claw-footed tub... My mum put this shower curtain thingy up with the shower head that attached to the faucet. Every time you got all shampooed up, the hose would pop off and you'd be trying to stick it back on the running faucet without soaking the entire bathroom Or opening your eyes (cause shampoo would be dripping in them). Wicked Fun.

Anyway, thank you for the Wicked Memories! :D I Love your Wicked Cold New England! :)<3
  • Options
    @Vihisha Thanks for the awesome compliments. Glad you like "my" girls room. Yeah, it was a great room. Bigger than this one and different colors. God we need CAS and the design palette wheel back. Oh the things I could do!!!!

@rosemow I always look forward to reading your response to my builds. You go through every picture and that's a real compliment. I'm glad you're liking "Wicked Cold New England" and how I pulled inspiration from my home growing up. Sometimes, the best inspiration comes straight from home.

@yanti68 I wish we had a Seasons pack out already. So yup, had to get creative to give the snow effect by using white tiles. Be cool if I could give the shoveled walkway and driveway look. Banks of snow. HAHA. Really glad you like the closet.

@Zita1966 @ReneVeronicaZita Thanks Babes!
  • Options
    @WrathofCath I've been waiting for your reaction to this.

When I was making it I was thinking about your comment about things being Wicked Awesome. After that conversation was remembering growing up and that's what brought about this build. So thanks for the inspiration girl!

I knew you would appreciate this build because it hits home and I figured you being a fellow New Englander would have similar memories of playing in the snow as a kid and coming in with icicles hanging from your cheeks while Mom feed you a cup of hot chocolate.

Ah, my tea maker. First - You looked! That's so Wicked Cool of you. Second, the man is blocking it. It's right next to the Fridge but I put in a different picture to showcase my Sims and thus you can't see the tea maker. But wicked awesome of you for looking!

Enjoy your 2 weeks of bliss!

• Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wicked Cold New England is very cozy and charming! :D
    I love your architectural details, so festive and charming. Love the use of red sidings and your customized garage area. Your landscaping is very adorable too! I love your use of terrain paints. Are they CCs? Anyway, I also like your hedging. And your interior, beautiful! Love the use of traditional and Victorian furnishing in your build, I especially like your clever use of MOO in customized shoe racks (something I'm going to borrow, hehe) and your creative rug decorating.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I know I've already commented on you new Wicked Cold New England build but just wanted to say again how nice your build is and I really enjoyed your pictures.
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    @RyeCris16 Thank you so very much for your compliments. Yeah, the red was the only color available in the siding that popped out. I really wanted yellow, but the yellow siding in the game is so muted it just looked bleah.

No CC. I do not use any CC in any build I put on the gallery. I only use Maxis cheats like the MOO. Thus, everything you see is available to everyone. I really wish we had the design palette wheel back and pattern design, etc. Would make things so much more AWESOME!

I'm really glad you like the build. It is cozy - on the inside - but *sings* Baby, It's Cold Outside!

@nhicks Thanks so much for your compliments, again. LOL. I saw them on the main showcase thread. Glad you enjoy my pictures. Was hard taking a few because the Sims wouldn't move their big heads out of the way. LOL.
  • Options
    VERSACE

L7iIdXO.png

Welcome to the land of opulence. B)

This build was a complete contrast to my last. From the Wicked Cold New England we are now down in the Miami Heat. This build started with inspiration from the following picture.

Inspiration Picture
    LtRTLvQ.jpg

My Take on it in TS4
    LSXCRDS.png

You might have noticed a few things. First, I um expanded it - considerably. And second, it's the back of the house. The front and interior layout and designs are all my own creations with the exception of the laundry room and the White Bird in the office.

SHOUTS TO: @‌Xhexenia1 for her White Bird and @lynnlynn69 for her Washer and Dryer room which I used in this build.

Ode to Versace

This build is named after the infamous designer Gianni Versace. This house is not his in Miami, but the interior design is heavily inspired by the ostentatious Versace house in Miami.

Overall Floor Plan
    First Floor

HX9jP4k.png

Second Floor

T8l5HOP.png

Entrance

This home is gated off from the world. I wanted the house to look like the mansions of South Beach and Biscayne Bay where they are walled off, but, once you get inside those walls you are blown away by the palatial grandness of the home and elegantly manicured landscaping.

The puppy dogs are my fur babies, Ginny and Winston. You better be on the guest list or otherwise they're gonna take a bite out of you. ;)

71MlgHo.png
    I7xDMWg.png

Music Room

Versace was a designer, an artist, and lived surrounded in absolute ostentatious opulence. Everything from his shoes, clothing, china, crystal, decorative wares were all over the top and elaborately decorated. To this day, the name Versace, conjures up images of fine things and fine people drinking some fine Cristol. Thus, when your Sims walk into this home, they are met with that overwhelming opulence and larger than life expensive furnishings and paintings. Add to that a healthy dose of gold and you've got Versace.

2oKG3cT.png

Formal Dining Room

Opposite the Music Room is the Formal Dining Room. I carried over the larger than life vases with flowers, huge paintings, and red. Red was chosen simply because it is the only vibrant, rich color we have in the rounded top drapiers. If I had color palette design wheel, this would be even more ostentatious. Yes, I have Versace patterns from TS3 I would love to recreate in TS4. I'm waiting patiently (not so much) for the design functions to expand in TS4.

jEU8Wj7.png
    7b9RMft.png

White Bird Office

This room is completely and utterly centered around @Xhexenia1 White Bird. Xenia shared a room on the gallery but the only part I utilized in this build was the White Bird. It was actually this artwork that inspired me to reconsider my interior design of the house. I initially had it ultra modern, but her artwork felt so over the top. What interior design is over the top? And that's when it hit me - Versace.

As it is the central artwork of this room and the dominant feature, I feel she deserves the recognition and credit for this room. I designed the office space around the colors of the White Bird lighting and kept the walls bare of all other artwork to allow full focus on the central inspiration of this room - The White Bird.

jDildGl.png
    xpjnRIu.png

Entertainment Room

A short hallway with double archways takes you past the 1/2 bath and into the OVER THE TOP Entertainment Room. According to my husband, it's very pink. I pulled the color scheme for this room from the music pictures hanging on either side of the TV.

I wanted this space to be THE PARTY room where you will find finely dressed people drinking Cristol and smoking Cuban cigars while surrounded by plush furnishings and expensive and lavish statues and vases.

qZztjUG.png
    MtlRwPW.png
    0DO9s7D.png
    sJK8KVL.png

Kitchen

This is where you will find everyone the morning after the party gulping down coffee and eating crepes, pancakes, and waffles all while wearing sunglasses. B)

My husband chose the colors for this room and if you have read my posts before you know why. Yup, blue.

Did you see my tea maker? B)

ziWXd9z.png
    Xv2oBli.png

Breakfast Room

Off the Kitchen is the Breakfast Room. I thought about carrying the light blue theme into this room as well, but, opted out because of Versace. In his Miami house, every room has it's own character and sometimes it's very opposite the room you previously came from. Thus, I chose to kick it up in this space.

h4W3rie.png

The Covered Walkway

There is a walkway separating the original building from the second building I created as part of my first wave of expansions. Initially I just wanted it as a covered walkway to the garage. But, I realized I needed more space and given the size of this lot I had the space to expand. So in the grandiose way of Versace, I expanded

om4Ir8k.png

Exercise Room

The expansion left me with this great space off the back of the garage to place the Exercise Room.

I designed this room to look like a modern Greco-Roman gym. The tall columns, Olympic posters, and white and blue of Greece set the mood for this room. Your Sims have world class equipment and inspiring views.

kZKXcyw.png
    uuLzIc2.png

Garage and Workbench

It's only a 4 car garage. But comes equipped for your handy Sims.

8jqqq4C.png

Second Floor
    Second Floor Landing

Upstairs is no different from downstairs. Just like Versace, the luxurious extravagance continues to the second floor.

X00slRZ.png
    34WPEAO.png

Hall of Family

This is something I like to place in all my builds and something from my own home.

I8bdLtY.png
    wfzirT2.png

Laundry Room

Thanks to @lynnlynn69 we all now have Laundry Rooms and washer and dryers. Well, at least the concept.

TBBuqdq.png

Yellow Bedroom

All of the rooms in Versace's Miami house are themed. There's the Moroccan room, Greco Bathroom, Wedgewood, etc. For ease of this thread I'm just going off the dominant color of the rooms. This one is yellow and it's all because of the bed. I put a lot of draperies on the wall behind the bed to give a rich and luxurious feel. I mean, just imagine all that in silk!

K9AF5G7.png
    iVelYQZ.png
    qBw6Fel.png

Pink Bedroom

This room was extremely awkward due to the shape that was created as a result of adding the covered walkway to the second building. I decided to break the room up into two distinct separate areas as if felt more like it was purposefully constructed that way instead of forcing a bad room layout. My choice in bed is what became the anchor of the color scheme for these rooms. The elaborate wallpaper I felt gave the rooms a very strong and extravagant feel.

CXydqgT.png
    8HROgYX.png
    Mid7yWS.png
    MMLKQmh.png

Pink and Black Bathroom

The Yellow and Pink Bedrooms share a bathroom and I wanted it to be modern yet luxurious. That's why I chose the tile work with the filigree design. It gives the room definition and a flare of dramatic while the blush color gives it a softer and calming feel. Contrasted to the hard black cabinetry it gives a very Yin/Yang feel.

E4ouC7P.png
    1udjg0c.png

Master en Suite
    Master Bedroom

This space is ridiculously ENORMOUS! Exactly what I was going for. I wanted the room to be large enough for a small house to fit in it.

I really wanted to crazy with this room and give it that ornate and classic look. I wasn't able to go as sumptuous as I would have preferred but this room is an absolute nod to Versace's Wedgewood Bedroom. In keeping with classic Wedgewood, it's blue. And this made my husband very happy. <3

Oj18c6R.png
    yBH3H8W.png
    SmR1eQc.png

Master Bathroom

This room is ALL about the Bathtub! I used the same filigree tiles in blush color to balance against the black cabinetry. I was pleased to find a picture that had these colors in them and the picture feels so modern and yet relaxing I just had to add it to the space.

sFT0O1r.png
    kEBgSka.png
    VMsz60f.png

Ladies Closet
    Oh, you KNOW I went crazy here! SHOES SHOES SHOES SHOES, Glorious SHOES!!!! Versace, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, Dolce & Gabana, Prada, Gucci, and more.

You will find me in heaven. o:)

feAc6Jw.png
    CjzYr1b.png

Upstairs Outside Sitting Area

Accessible from the Second Floor Landing is this sitting area. I kept it simple but had a bit of fun with the enormous vase and surrounding seating.

iduIsLy.png

Purple Bedroom

This room was designed around my choice in bed. I wanted something bold and lavish. Because of the size of the room, I chose a single bed and the purple choice just stood out as swank and pretentious. I knew I wanted elaborate wallpaper but needed to keep in muted so as to not overpower the small space. Hence the choice in greys.

yaZlyjn.png
    l9XCmGt.png

Red Bedroom

As far as rooms go, this one is my favorite in this build. It started with my choice in bed. I love the delicate leaf bedspread. Because the colors of the beds upholstery are so muted and I was going for lavish and luxurious I needed to kick up the room a lot. It was the choice in rug that led me to red. I love how the rug's petals compliment the bed's. Once I found it in red I needed to bring the room over the top and that's why these walls are such a rich and luxurious red. Though this is paint, I imagine silk draped over the walls like wallpaper. I can see the light just shimmering off the material.

ns9vvSS.png
    99nBjQW.png
    P7KEH8U.png

Brown Bathroom

The Purple and Red Bedrooms share a bathroom. This bathroom I wanted to be modern and warm while still lavish. I separated the space with glass walls and an archway to give architectural structure to the room.

E4CecyY.png

The Pigs <3<3<3

In all my builds I try to do something personal or whimsical. In this build, it's the pigs. In every single room there is a pig. The little statue kind of looks like a puppy dog and the way it is sitting and smiling reminds me of my eldest fur baby, MY BABY GIRL SYDNEY. Sydney died over a 1 1/2 ago after a long battle with anemia. She was 11 1/2 to the day. I still miss her, mourn her, think about her, wish she was here with me to cuddle with and kiss my tears away.

She's now in heaven, in my heavenly shoe closet eating the souls of my Christian Louboutins. Oh, they were an old pair I couldn't wear anymore because they were too damaged. They were her favorite toy. MY Baby Girl has got expensive taste. And, that's why she makes a constant presence in this opulent, luxurious, expensive, ostentatious palace.

<3 Sydney <3

Sydney in TS4
    I6OHlOC.png

Sydney when she was on Earth
    1GsABkJ.jpg
    KIwauac.jpg
    xIRENd8.jpg

And the Sydney you all know
    O0FTP7y.jpg

Outside Rooms

There are a significant number of outdoor rooms and areas in this build and each has their own personality.

Blue Sitting Room

This room is just outside the Kitchen and accessible from the Kitchen and the Breakfast Room. I created a large sectional seating area with benches to stretch out your legs and take a mid afternoon nap or just look out over the spa and infinity pool.

lnbwUTY.png

Al Fresco Dining Room

This is may favorite space in the entire build. I love the views within this space and from this space. And I got to go CRAZY! Without walls and the ability to add color I had to find other ways to bring the luxurious feel to this space. I created the ostentatious opulence by enlarging vases and statues and adding an excessive amount of landscaping. At night, this space is just so serene and with the water feature from the pool in the background it brings a very peaceful feeling. Or is that the Cristol talking?

4JIroAz.png
    NHCpUa0.png
    imSqvQ8.png

Pool and Spa

I love how this space looked in the Inspiration picture and it's what initially drew me to it. Replicating it proved to be more difficult than I thought. As I could not make the infinity pool I did what any Simmer would do. Put in water features.

The decorations on the floor of the pool are representative of the gold inlayed pool of Versace's Miami home. Yup, it's all gold folks! <3

2vc1MwY.png
    nheAJGC.png
    ry2V2OG.png

Art Area

This is somewhat a nod to Versace. He was a designer, an artist. His canvas was clothing, shoes, and fine wares. For the Sims, this is an area full of inspiration. I love the views.

DLTU3d7.png
    sy3qUCk.png

Outside Views
    Daytime Views

The house and landscaping details are easily seen in the day shots.

fGlR53a.png
    L7iIdXO.png
    XIb9kS5.png
    FcLN0ey.png

Nighttime Views

The house glistens like diamonds at night. I love this build at night!

GFboU6x.png
    gtqMCcl.png
    YjjIWhj.png
    T4I5Q2a.png

VERSACE
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Fantastic build! I love that covered deck!

I love the pictures of your sweet pup. I lost one too so my heart goes out to you.

<3<3<3 (*) (*) (*)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Versace is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of it is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the dome type windows in the build! The arches look great how you have used them in the home. Very nice layout of the build! It looks great how you have done the fencing and have the gated entry to the lot. The water fountain feature in the front courtyard area looks nice. The large flowers on the front porch are very nice for sims to see as they enter the home. It is special and nice that you have placed the dog statues to reflect your own dogs either sides of the front door. Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks very grand and opulent! The music room is very nice! The type of and red colour of the curtains here and in the dining room look very nice and gives a richness feel. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats listening to the music or playing the piano, enjoying seeing the flowers nearby . It looks very nice how you have used enlarged flower vases through the rooms of the home. Very nice dining room! The large picture on the dining room wall and the flowers on the dining table top are nice for sims to see as they enjoy dining there. The large floral picture on the wall opposite the end of the stairs is nice for sims to see when going up and down the stairs. The white bird office is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the lights to create the white bird design on the wall! Very nice furnishing of the entertainment room! The pink colour scheme of the room creates a very loook and feel to the room. The bar area is very nice! It looks great how you have placed the drinks display cabinets there. Very nice sofa seats sitting area where sims can enjoy sitting relaxing watching tv and chatting. It looks nice how you have placed enlarged pink themed musician pictures either sides of the tv. They are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. It looks great how you have done the coffee table! The gold vases, statues and candles in the room look great! Very nice design of the kitchen! The blue and white colour scheme of the room is nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets. The island bar stool and sink counter is great! It is nice that you have your tea maker on the counter too! It is nice that you have a breakfast room. The fruit bowl on the table and fruit picture on the wall are nice for sims to whilst eating their meals. The purple pink colour scheme of the room looks nice. It looks great how you have an covered arched walkway from one building to the other. The blue texture of the walls and the enlarged sporting pictures on the walls of the gym look great! Sims will enjoy using the fitness equipment there to keep fit. It looks nice how you have placed enlarged pictures on the walls through the home. It is special that you put a hall of family in each of your builds. The laundry room looks great! The creating of the washers looks great! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The colour schemes of the bedrooms are very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the curtains on the bedhead wall in the yellow and brown bedroom! It looks very nice how you have placed the lights on the wall either of the bed and on the side walls! The wall paneling and pattern in the pink bedroom is nice. It looks nice how you have the shelf of flowers on the wall, for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting on the sofa and armchair there watching tv. The candles are a nice touch in the corner behind the sofa. The clock is a nice touch on the wall. Very nice master bathroom! The furnishing of the room is very nice! Nice blue colour scheme of the room. It looks very nice the type of and placement of the curtains in the room. The patterned floor rug looks very nice. Very nice study desk and tv watching corner nooks! It looks very nice how you have done the bath tub area in the master bathroom! The ladies shoes and clothes closet looks so very nice! The grey wall pattern looks nice with the purple furnishings in the purple bedroom. The red bedroom is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the curtains in the room! The mirrors look nice either sides of the bed. It is nice that you placed a pig in each of the rooms, as a tribute to your loved Sydney. It is very sad when our pets pass away. It is very nice seeing the pictures of her. It is nice that she is in your signature. Very nice outdoors rooms! The blue sitting room looks very nice with the blue colour of seating ! Sins will enjoy sitting resting there in the outdoors air . The whole home is very opulent and grand! The alfresco diming room is so very nice! The enlarged flowers and statues look very nice there, and the type of dining seats you have used look very nice. The greenery covered trellis and the columns look very nice! It looks great how you have steps leading up to the dining area. Very nice pool and spa! The decorations on the bottom of the pool look nice. The water fountains on the side end of the pool are very nice! It is nice that you have an outdoors art nook area for sims to enjoy painting in the sunshine.
    The home is very nice! Your tour of the home is so very nice too! It is always great to read about and see pictures of your build :)
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Ooooh woooow @LadyDaKare!! Just beautiful, and dramatic. LOVE. GREAT JOB!!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    MattoowyMattoowy Posts: 106 Member
    Hello, You are creating beautiful homes! Your work is very imaginative!
    EA ID: Mattoowy
  • Options
    @Brennachan Thank you for your wonderful comments. Yes, losing a loved one, any loved one, is the hardest thing to endure.

@rosemow Reading your responses to everyone's builds, not just my own, I know you look at everything. In my case you read every line and look at every picture and respond to it in your comments. I'm blown away by your absolute constant praise, noticing of little details, and your unwavering support. Thank you so very much.

@nhicks That's the response this build was suppose to bring out - Dramatic. I'm glad I succeeded and glad you appreciate it so much.

@CrazySimMatt Thank you for your amazingly awesome compliment.
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Versace is very gorgeous! :D
    I love your architectural part, it reflects from the inspiration very well with additional extra impressive details. I also like your pergola. Your landscaping is very adorable too! Great choices and placements of plants, even your hedging. And your interior, classy! I especially like the clever use of curtains and even your creative placement of lights in study room.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wow what can I say that has not been said already? Congrats on the latest build my friend. It is simply gorgeous. I also love how you apply the resize tool on strategic places. Super nice build <3
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Gorgeous build! Loving the grandeur in the exterior and the interiors! Good choice of patterns, textures and colours. :D
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    Really love this home. Great job ;)
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    Wow, I have been waiting for 10 minutes to load all your pictures :)) But now, I know that the Gallery doesn't show all the beauty of this lot! You have to put many work to build such wonderful place! Bravo! ♥♥♥

And sorry for my short and general comment but I'm still learning English and I'm not very good at it yet! So, please forgive me all mistakes I've made :)