Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LadyDaKare Builds UPDATED 3-02 LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Comments

• LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    @vihisha Thanks for the compliments on An American Mansion. The dream closet was for me and the office is for my husband. I can't make it ALL for me! Well, I can but I love my Main Man too much!

@lovelylyssia095 Thank you so much for your compliment. Yes, I put a lot of detail into my builds. I'm pleased when a fellow Simmer notices it and appreciates it. Sometimes I debate if I should bother, but, when I see comments like yours I know it is well worth the time. Thanks so much!

@rosemow I always enjoy reading your detailed responses to my builds. I know this was a big one so to comment on everything is a lot. I appreciate how you notice the little details in my builds and comment on how nice they are. As always, thank you for your constant and continued support. <3

@Zita1966 What do you mean "becoming a force to reckon with". Girl I was born THAT way! Thank you for thinking my dream home, An American McMansion as worthy of a nomination. I've never been loved on by Maxis, but, getting the love from fellow Simmers and builders means a million times more! The ultimate compliment.

@RyeCris16 Glad you appreciated the architecture of S.H.I.E.L.D. And YES, my husband loves it. He showed everyone at work, all his geek friends, posted it on his Facebook. *rolls eyes* Such a Geek! But I love my Main Man! On Kibris it was shelves I used on the outside to achieve that open shuttered look and to mimic the inspiration picture. Glad you love it so much. An American McMansion is a Southern Colonial and the roofing was actually challenging. Glad it came out so well and you like the build. Thanks for your amazing compliments. It's truly an honor to be loved on by fellow Simmers and builders such as yourself.

@TheGreenLion Busy...what makes you think that? LOL I figured S.H.I.E.L.D. would get the love from you. You seem to like the sci-fi world, as is inferred by your builds. After my husband got through playing with some of your Star Wars builds (he's a mega fan) he begged and pleaded with me to do something for him. What was difficult with S.H.I.E.L.D. was deciding what to do with all those little rooms (the wings) without over repeating. Really glad you're liking the build. From a sci-fi builder that's the highest compliment I can receive. Kibiris is very modern and I've noticed you gravitate to modern builds. Glad you're liking it.

@yanti68 I am so glad you've discovered my builds and are enjoying them. Thank you for your compliments on An American McMansion and Modern Kibris. Yes, I am very detailed and very choosy about every aspect of my builds, from exterior to interior. I am very pleased you are enjoying them so much. Again, thank you!

• SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    @LadyDaKare this is amazing! Honestly, I'm stunned.
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

@SimmySammyWammy thank you for your beautiful comment. I'm also loving your orange!
    edited February 2015
    <3 (*) <3 (*) <3 (*) <3 (*) <3
    I want to say THANK YOU to all of you fellow Simmers and Builders who have shown me the love. Today I received my first Maxis fav for An American McMansion and I'm shocked. Never thought Maxis would notice my stuff and I know it's because of all of you who have nominated my builds and all your comments that got me on their radar. So THANK YOU to all of you.

@Sheba1197‌ @Zita1966 @jjjsims4 @WrathofCath @TheGreenLion @TheGreenLion @vihisha @RyeCris16 @NHicks @Chris2fer03 @Jackie_7_Sims @agusiamal @Faith7998 @bethowen‌ @ByronyRae for all your amazing compliments and support.

@Zita1966 and @Sheba1197 for nominating An American McMansion - Thank you Love!

@Sheba1197 for first nominating me ever. Meant a ton to just be considered for a nomination!

@‌sherryd0 and @lynnlynn69 for the "Shoes Cheat" and Laundry Room which I used in An American McMansion.

@rosemow for your unwavering support of the Builders who post on the forums. Your support and attention to everyone is much admired!

A little side note...I almost didn't post this build. This is my DREAM home and I was nervous it might not be liked or even worse hated. The fact that you all gave it the LOVE meant everything to me. The fact that YOU ALL got Maxis to notice me is the highest compliment to receive from fellow Simmers. THANK YOU! <3

An American McMansion B)
    KGXmsgh.png
    Post edited by LadyDaKare on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    It is very exciting that An American McMansion was favourited by Maxis! :) Congratulations! I am so pleased for you! :) Your builds are done so well, and the way you explain the background details of the builds and each of the rooms/areas are very nice to read. It is great reading why you included certain features or furnishings and the colours you have used.You put in a lot of time and work both into the build and into your presentation of it. You bring your own life into your builds, and the resulting builds are very nice. Congratulations again on your build being favourited! :)
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Congrats on the (your first) Maxis Favorite for American McMansion LadyDaKare! :D
    An Indian Kerala
    (Kerala is a state in SW India)

Had a spout of "Creator's Block". When that happens I comb through magazines, websites, and picture after picture of architecture from around the world. I know, eventually, something will catch my eye and the building process goes from there.

I ran across this picture and was fascinated by the roofline over the driveway. It's just so different. The question, was could I replicate it? You tell me. B)

My Inspiration
    cbHFYKl.jpg

My Take in TS4
    TuQtsdn.png

This build was inspired by the single picture. This is an actual design created by RIT Designers of India and they, of course, own the rights to the original design concept. I have no notion of the original designers interior layout or the look of the remaining sides of the house. Thus, the interior layout and design are all my own, with the exception of a few rooms designed by fellow Simmers I incorporated. Shout outs to @nikkamore @relhcuk1 and @malmal93 for sharing their rooms.

Overall Floor Plan Pictures
    First Floor
    xHjnlOB.png

Second Floor
    iYfo9WZ.png

Main Entrance

This build gave me a great deal of difficulty because of little glitches. It doesn't show the doors and windows when looking at the entire build from the outside and I think I spent a total of 3 hours putting items back that would just suddenly disappear. Casper where are you? :s

Below is a picture of the front entrance. To the left of the entrance and around the column are the trash bins. At first, I really struggled with this "no man's land" space but came to like it once I placed the trash bins. I had the same issue inside with a vast amount of "no man's land" space when you enter the house. I divided it up with the initial space housing my "Wall of Family" and it leads into the second entrance space. This area includes the glass staircase and is semi divided by the back of the fireplace. When I enlarged the wall clock to be floor to ceiling this space started coming together. The under water picture is a favorite of mine in this game and reminds me of the beautiful oceans the world over.
    YA3NAtQ.png
    XfTDRTK.png
    l5baxhL.png

Great Room
    This is THE main space in the build. It is an open space incorporating the Main Entrance, Kitchen, and Dining. It is two stories tall with tall windows looking out to the backyard. At first, this build did not have the fireplace, but I added the wall when I needed a place to hang the TV. The fireplace was built as an extension of that wall. I made the chute continue up to the second story but didn't want it as wide as the base. I got creative with roofs to create that sculpted tapering look. The puppy dog statues are for my babies Ginny and Winston. <3

OYX7Lc0.png
    XkrQ3UK.png
    AYCSJsx.png
    mVlA5Td.png

Kitchen and Dining
    When I began decorating this build I started, like always, with the kitchen. I went through about 7 different layouts before choosing this one. I wanted color in the kitchen but struggled with the choice. The color choice of the base cabinets was chosen because I was inspired by pictures of the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean. It was the deep blues that caught my eye. I knew I didn't want the wall cabinets to match the base but I did want them to compliment. The countertops are black and that's why the choice of black. White was chosen to lighten up the space, otherwise it looked like a dark tunnel between the stone columns.

The wall colors and floors were chosen before I began designing the space. I knew I wanted the walls to be muted, modern, and cool. The choice of brown as an accent was because all white walls gave a blinding effect. The brown also accented against the stone well.

Did you see my teamaker? (Hint it's black and by the sink) <3

qT9yNiT.png
    CRbBWkp.png
    RBKX3X3.png

Exercise Room

This room initially did not exist. This space was initially a sitting room for the Master en Suite with an outdoor sitting area. When I began designing the space, I did not like how constricting the small area felt. I had already designed the Master Bath and Closet, thus was somewhat forced to make the entrance to the Master Bedroom in this room. That's why the open archway. I thought about making it an office but there are plenty of computers in this build and I needed an area for the Exercise equipment. Was going to be in the garage, but opted for this area.

bJkLFFH.png
    Gg4P6mg.png

Master en Suite
    Master Bedroom

A regular bed in this room seemed small and overtaken by the size of the room. I've seen fellow Simmers put beds together to get a different look. It's usually done with single beds, but I tried it with the double and loved it. Looks like a King size bed. During playtesting, my male got in and then scooted into the middle. Made me chuckle. :D

The carpets were where I had some fun in this room. When I think of India I think of the tropical climate, the heat, the statues and pictures of the Hindu Deities. I was looking through pictures of India and I came across one of a Tiger charging in after its prey with a large sun in the background. That's what inspired the carpet design. It's the sun.

6HlM2Op.png
    YrTTAFg.png
    f8NbeZQ.png

Master Bathroom

Valentine's Day is coming up and I've seen many fellow Simmers putting out builds completely revolved around Love and just about all of them are Red. I had been looking at some of those creations and I had red on my brain. Hence the color scheme. The black was a result of the Jacuzzi tub. And then I chose the red cabinetry and the countertops were black - Sweet! <3 I added in the red flowers on the countertops to help the couple feel romantic and to soften the space some.

PwkvC85.png
    UrpLHvi.png
    n6vOWOM.png

Master Closet
    <3B)<3 YES! The Lady of the house has a closet full of shoes! SHOES! SHOES! SHOES! God I love shoes! And I love this cheat! I made sliding doors out of the large windows. Because the structure of the room is black I wanted to lighten in up. That's when I decided to open it up to the Master Bath and Red just found it's way into this LOVELY SHOE filled closet! I LOVE SHOES! <3B)<3

jBmwqD2.png
    6OVge49.png

Laundry Room and Half Bathroom
    Leave it to Simmers to find a way to have what isn't yet available in the game. This room is @nikkamore "Laundry Room". I lengthened it to fit the space and added a few lights and shelves. I also changed out the wallpaper for a more modern paint to fit with the rest of the build. But, make no mistake, this is Nikkamore's creation.

Off the Main Entrance is a 1/2 bath and a closet for coats and shoes. The 1/2 bath has blinds down low for privacy while allowing light through the top of the windows.

tYEsvJu.png
    VMe2egS.png

Garage
    Based on the inspiration picture I gathered the garage was around the side/back of the house. It seemed logical to me that it was the part of the build at the left where the Audi was parked. I wrapped the driveway around the side of the house and added what is suppose to be a 4 car garage. I was able to fit 3 cars into the garage (toy cars using the enlarge cheat - Maxis can we get real cars please? I want an Audi). As I had some extra space I put the workbench and tools in for those with handy Sims.

IT6zOXt.png

Second Floor Landing

The Great Room is two stories tall and I wanted to continue the look and feel up to the Second Floor Landing which overlooks the Main Entrance and Great Room. The large picture on the main wall of the walkway was made large and put there originally to cover up the bookshelf that stuck out from the Guest Room. :p

a9KaFF6.png
    tckVCIj.png

Boy's Room

This is @malmal93 "what does the fox say?" bedroom. What caught my eye was the Fox. Though I changed this room considerably from it's original design, because of the Fox lights I still feel its Malmal's room. I enlarged the room, moved objects and items to fit the space and added the kid's art tables. I also added a bunch of clothes on the floor. It's suppose to be a boy's room! :p

Xrcynvr.png
    cGuC0VO.png
    rK5k2JK.png

Boy's Bathroom

This is @relhcuk1 "Let's Go To The Beach" bathroom. I did massage it a bit to fit the space and rearranged the toilet and shower. What caught my eye were the Light Palm Trees. Just seemed to fit so nicely with tropical India. B)

zwsi541.png

Girl's Room

I had a ton of fun designing this room. It is a very large girl's room and I wanted it full of fun stuff. I added some of the new Valentine's teddy bears and lots and lots of silly items. As a young girl I had all sorts of silly items, stuffed animals, posters, displays of knick knacks and ballet shoes, and lots and lots of unicorns. Yes, I still love unicorns. But not nearly as much as SHOES! <3:p

XV3mZjl.png
    yiVqkBD.png
    B0EdNk1.png

Girl's Bathroom

I again used @relhcuk1 "Let's Go To The Beach" bathroom. I used it twice because it is so much fun and tropical. The fun is for the kids and tropical is for India. I took out one item from the original design, the VIP Bucket. They're a little young for that!

0JQI1HD.png
    ABX2Qke.png

Guest Bedroom

This room overlooks the entrance to the house and has its own private balcony. Initially I thought about making this another child's bedroom or a playroom. But, I wanted this build to be able to handle a large family, especially since it's on the largest lot in Oasis. Though I've labeled it as a guest room it can work easily for a young couple or grandparents. The color of the walls is what dictated the design of this room. Because the walls are so dark I wanted the furniture and remainder color scheme to be lighter. It was the choice of lamps that created the color palette for the furniture and upholstery choices.

See the bookshelf that gave me grief? ;)

UUhAcF5.png
    qmhZXac.png
    WoPGWWg.png

Guest Bathroom

This room was the last I designed because I could not decide what color scheme I wanted. Since I couldn't decide, I chose to work with my creative block and go monochrome. At first it was all black and it really looked like a black hole. I was looking at the rest of the build to get inspiration for what I could do. A visit to the kitchen solved that problem and I mixed it up with white which brightened the space up considerably. Got a little creative with the tiles on the floor. ;)

5NM9PvM.png
    ev9KxNB.png

Guest Closet

I got my Shoes Cheat to work on the second floor!!!!! So excited! No stopping me and my Shoes now! :D:D:D

zqAtzjg.png

Teen Girl's Room

This room is dedicated to teen girls everywhere who have one foot in girlhood and the other foot in womanhood. It's a tough transition for us ladies and it is ever so clear in how we decorate our bedrooms during our teen years. We've grown up to having more adult paintings and some of us are neater. We sleep in a big bed. We have bookshelves with actual books on them now. But, we haven't let go of our stuffed animals, ballet slippers, knick knacks and unicorns yet.

VYy5CHA.png
    wn2sczw.png
    ZzKpnG9.png

Teen Girl's Bathroom

I struggled with the design of this room. Should I go girly girl or just modern. I chose modern to stay with the theme of the overall build. The color scheme for this room came about in a most unusual way. My husband and I were talking about Pat Tillman, the former football player turned Army Ranger. The 11th Annual Pat's Run is coming to Atlanta, GA this April and my husband and I will be volunteering. Talking about Pat and his time as an Army Ranger brought images of war and the terrain of Afghanistan to my mind and hence a lot of brown. I guess, in a way, this is for Pat Tillman who lost his life fighting for ours. <3 RIP <3

rVCUwMu.png
    grQSllW.png

Outside Kitchen and Dining

I love this space. The view from the table to the pool is my favorite in this entire build. This back deck area was very large and it gave me the perfect opportunity to put in a full outside kitchen with bar. It was so big I had room for a table too. I chose the Corporate Chic Modern cabinetry because it's so industrial looking and feels like it can stand up to the heat and humidity of India. Because the kitchen blended in so well with the walls I wanted to bring in a serious pop of color. As this is outside and overlooking the pool, blue came to my mind. I had initially the dark blue but it didn't "Pop" enough which is why I went with the teal blue. If we had the ability to make screened in areas, this entire space would be screened in and would have ceiling fans. Guys, it's India. Hot and LOTS of bugs.

LgaNbUs.png

(*) Pool Area (*)

This is my favorite space in this entire build. I love the landscaping with the rocks and palm trees and water fountains into the pool. At night it is so beautiful and the sound in game is very relaxing. I landscaped the back of this lot heavily with a lot of flowers. Added a few gnomes for fun. ;)

Caught a bird flying by in the first pic. B)

4lpsUgA.png
    xH9Fpae.png
    l5zXdB6.png
    z0zo27C.png

Kid's Playground

As this build is built with two rooms for young children I wanted to give them an outdoor space all their own. No adults allowed!

NU2bP5x.png

Painting Area and Raised Planters

The grouping of palm trees was a result of looking at the landscaping from the inspiration picture. When I added in the flowers and raised planters it was just so pretty and felt inspiring. Painters do best when inspired so that's why the easel outside.

WfLpY42.png

Outside Views

This entire build was inspired by the picture, but, recreating it was extremely tricky. The roof from the garage over the driveway to the ground wasn't difficult but was a lot of fun to build. The back roofs of this build are all suppose to be sun panels. Many well-off homeowners in India are embracing the benefits of living in a sunny place. The hardest part of the exterior of this build was at the very top, creating those jutting beams. I used the Houndstopper Wallpiece shelving unit to create the look. I had to add a wall for each one to attach to and it was challenging getting them to place.

I hope you enjoy!

TuQtsdn.png
    NEfIrGF.png
    uttTmLf.png
    AOt3SxT.png
    HoDGni3.png
    zGva9sD.png

An Indian Kerala
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    An Indian Kerala is a very nice home! :) You have reflected the home in the inspiration picture so very well! The roofing looks so very great! It looks great how you have done the roofing over the driveway! The types of windows that you have used and the way you have placed them in the build looks very nice! They reflect the original well. The front porchway entrance looks nice. It looks great the pillars that you have used there. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The armchairs sitting area in the entrance area is nice. Sims will enjoy looking at the restful underwater picture whilst sitting there. Very nice layout of the Great room. It is great that it is two levels high. The living room area loks great! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas there, and the blue colour of them and the other furnishings through the area looks nice with the stone texture of the walls. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat, watching tv together and enjoying listening to the music from the piano being played. The dogs statues either side of the fireplace are nice personal touches that represent your dogs there, and are nice for sims to see when sitting there. It looks great how you have done the top of the fireplace! The two levels look great. Very nice design of the kitchen and dining area! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! It was great reading the details of your choice of colours for the furnishings, walls and floors there. The colours look great together. The white flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see when dining there. The sports themed posters and the trophy cabinets on the walls in the gym are nice for sims to see when keeping fit using the equipment there. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst using the treadmill. Very nice master bedroom! The king size bed looks great! The sun pattern floor rug looks nice! It looks nice placed on the top of the other floor rug. It looks nice how you have placed the three plants together on the side window area. The red, black and white colour scheme of the master bathroom looks very nice! Very nice texture of the walls. The red flowers and the toiletries are nice touches on the double sink counters, and the hanging robe on the wall is a nice home touch. The master shoes and clothes closet looks very great! The paintings on the walls of the upper landing area are nice for sims to see when passing through the area. The boys bedroom is great! The fox made of lights looks very great on the wall! Sims will have fun doing artwork on the art tables. The teddy looks cute in the corner of the room! It looks very nice how you have done the corner shelves with the items on them! The clothes is a great touch on the floor! The blue and green colours and textures of the walls looks nice. The Palm tree lights on the wall of the boys bathroom looks great! It is nice that there are clouds on the background wall to the lights. Very nice furnishing of the girls bedroom! It looks great! The pink and black colour scheme of the room looks very nice, and it looks great how you have placed the balloons and banners. The items look great on the shelves, and great black and pink background to that area! The different types of teddies and animal toys in the room look cute! It looks very nice how you have done the floor rug! Very nice computer study desk nook! It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the desk. Nice colour scheme of the guest bedroom. It is nice that you have a sofa seating sitting, reading and tv watching area in the room. The butterflies picture on the bedhead wall and the flowers on the dresser are nice for sims to see whilst laying in bed. The shoes and clothes closet for the guest looks very nice too! The pink and white colour scheme of the teens bedroom looks nice. The pink wall tiling looks nice. It looks nice the type of blinds that you have used in the room. Very nice outdoors kitchen, dining and bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table having a meal that they have cooked there, or enjoying a drink from the bar whilst sitting on the stools. The blue of the seating gives a nice look in the area. The pool area is very nice! The rocks, trees and water fountain look very nice there! The flowers look very nice on the edges of the area! The gnome looks great there too! Sims will enjoy looking at this nice area whilst dining outdoors. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers on the edges of the pathway leading to the kids playground. The group of Palm trees in the harvestable garden and art area looks very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. The architectural exterior of the house looks so very great!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    You are a wonderful builder Keep em coming :-)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis Fave for An American McMansion, LDK! Gorgeously done and very well deserved! :D (*) (*) (*)

An Indian Kerala is Fantastic! Such a fabulous recreation. Gorgeous work with the roofs and Lovely interiors! I spotted that cool sunburst rug from the overhead view and Love it! Will probably have to borrow that at some point. :p All the rooms are beautifully done but I think I am particularly drawn to the teen girl's room. I love the colors in there! I also Love your closets, especially the Master one. Wicked Awesome, lol! :p
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    OMG I TOTALLY SAW THAT INSPIRATION PIC FOR INDIAN KERALA TOO!
    It is very inspiring I can tell you.

But first, congratulations on your favorite by Maxis! I don't know if I've said it already, but if I have, here's another one! (Maybe my time will come soon)
    I love Indian Kerala though! Your roofing and wall details are very well done, along with your awesome interiors. I think my favorite room would have to be the master bedroom, it's exactly how I imagine my master bedroom. People in this forum must be so psychic.
    Great job!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    OMG I TOTALLY SAW THAT INSPIRATION PIC FOR INDIAN KERALA TOO!
    It is very inspiring I can tell you.

Hahahaha same here, I thought it looked familiar :D I saved the link, but it was apparently a slightly different one (link here)

Nice re-creation, good job on all the curvy roofs, love how it looks :) And that's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bed, I'd probably get lost if I slept in there :p
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    I really love your American McMansion <3
    You're a wonderful builder!
  • Jackie_7_SimsJackie_7_Sims Posts: 7 New Member
    Congratulations LadyDaKare on finally getting noticed by Maxis. I love every build you create and An American McMansion was no exception. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it in my game (can't wait to use it). It was only a matter of time before you were recognized for the true artist that you are (a genius) this is so well deserved. The first time I visited your catalog I could tell you had such a passion for Architecture and I loved that and was immediately drawn to anything you created. You know talent when you see it.

I also love and have saved An Indian Kerala and will love having it in my game also.

Congratulations once again my dear friend. :)♥
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Lady dear I been looking through your thread you have some very beautiful creations here sweetie! Thank You for stopping by and sharing them on the community thread! <3
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hello @LadyDaKare, first of all, I wanted to say congratulations on your An American McMansion being faved by Maxis. Very deserving to have your first creation in Maxis Tab. :D

Second of all, An Indian Kerala is very fantastic! :D
    Your architecture reflects from the inspiration very well. I love the use of roofing and your window experimentation. Your landscaping is very adorable too! I love the choices and placements of plants. It is also great that you added more details from you by adding a pool at the back for example. Your interior is very amazing too! I especially like your designing of rugs.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • NikkamoreNikkamore Posts: 18 Member
    HI LadyDaKare its nikkamore .. I haven't been on the forums in forever ago ..so my name isn't the same.. but it's me.. Thanks so much for the shoutouts !! Your builds are great. Awesome Job!!
    @rosemow Thank you as always for your continuous support of Sim Builders. I'm really glad you liked "An Indian Kerala". I love reading through your posts. You really do look at everything and I appreciate it so much.

@Zita1966 Thanks babes <3

@Nhicks First a HUGE congratz on your first Maxis fav. I love that little Italian restaurant. It's so cute. I just want to go and order a pizza. Thank you for your Wicked Nice comment. And, yes, I plan on continuing to create and post new builds. ;)

@WrathofCath. Thanks! I'm very proud of "An American McMansion" and to have it as my first Maxis fav was WICKED COOL!!!! :p I'm glad you like "An Indian Kerala". Yeah, that sunburst rug is beautiful. Glad you like the closet. I'm actually having tons of fun making closets cause I get so many SHOES! Thanks for the Wicked Cool comments from my Wicked Awesome friend who is freezing in the Wicked Cold NE and thus stuck inside making Wicked Cool builds all day cause can't get outside cause it's too Wicked Cold. B)

@SummerFalls Thank you so much! Yes, it was a great surprise and a real compliment to get the Maxis fav. And, YES, your time will come. You keep building and getting the love from fellow Sim Builders. They'll nominate you enough that Maxis can't ignore. You will get there. HAHA. That's so Wicked Awesome. Yeah, the pic is on the internet and I've passed it several times, but, for some reason I kept going back to it because of the roof over the driveway.

@Cerrydd You too! I guess it's a popular picture on the internet. Glad you liked my version. There are several versions of what is referred to as Modern Kerala by RIT Designers in India. They've posted many pictures of their unique designs. The bed is HUGE isn't it! I love it too. I have a king bed, I don't get lost in it. Unfortunately between the husband and the 2 dogs sometimes I wonder if I need a Bigger bed! LOL :D

@chealsycat First I love your kitty cat picture. Thank you. I am so glad you love "An American McMansion" and to be called a "wonderful builder" by a fellow Simmer is the highest compliment. So, again, Thank you.

@Jackie_7_Sims Thank you for the Congratz and I am very pleased you are enjoying "An American McMansion". I figure at least our Sims can enjoy my dream home! LOL! You've called me a "genius" a "true artist" and that I have a "passion for architecture". You have just showered me with compliments and to be told that you are "...drawn to anything you created" is an incredibly humbling compliment. I am truly honored by your compliments, your recognition, and the respect you've bestowed upon me for my creations. Coming from a fellow Builders such as yourself, I'm blown away. Especially since you are such a talented creator yourself. Thank you. Again, thank you.

@BreeMiles Thank you for taking the time to look through my Showcase Thread. I haven't posted all my creations on here, but, I am so pleased you like my builds. Thanks for creating the Main Showcase thread that allows all of us to showcase our newest creations and helps draw people to our personal showcase threads. Much appreciated.

@Ryecris16 Thanks for the Congratz. It was a wonderful surprise. The funny thing, I was feeling down that night. Wasn't even on when the Maxis fav came in. Got on later and was like, "What's going on?" Massive surprise. Really pleased you like "An Indian Kerala" Glad you enjoy the pool. Yeah, that's my favorite space in this build. The rugs were tons of fun and I'm really glad you like how I mixed them up. Thanks for the Fav.

@yippy_cdn_nikki Yeah, Nikkamore is easier to write girl! You are very welcome for the Shout Outs. Always do so when use a room created by a fellow Simmer and your Laundry Room worked so well. Thanks for the compliment on my builds. Glad you are enjoying them.
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    @LadyDaKare‌ YES! I kept getting drawn back for the exact same thing! I just didn't think to build it :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    @LadyDaKare‌ YES! I kept getting drawn back for the exact same thing! I just didn't think to build it :D

Well, if you are drawn to something my recommendation is to BUILD IT! Go ahead and try to recreate one of the other RIT Designers houses. You can actually go to their website and view pictures of numerous other designs that are just as neat with the roofs and very modern of course. I say GO FOR IT!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wonderful showcase, thoroughly enjoyed looking at your amazing builds. Your great creative talent really shines with the uniqueness and individuality of your creations :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Indian Kerala looks great! Love the roof work. All the rooms inside are beautifully decorated. The children's room looks adorable! :D
    @masajo Thank you very much for going through my Showcase Thread. "great creative talent" What a compliment. Thank you so much. I thoroughly enjoy this game and the creative ability it gives us to build and design our own stuff. Makes the game a million times more enjoyable and glad my contributions are appreciated.

@yanti68 Thank you for your compliments. The roofs were actually very tricky. Turned out the one over the driveway was the easiest! Go figure. LOL. I'm glad you like the children's rooms. I had a ton of fun with them. Thanks again.