Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WARNING!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    RacerX780 wrote: »
    While it's fun to bash EA/Origin.. and ultimately they are responsible, it's actually the company they use to process the payments. They are the ones that have it setup not to be able to use the visa gift cards.

But, EA/O decided who they wanted to use.....

I pay for a lot of things online, and some take them, some don't. It's more the processor then the company that is selling the item/service.

Origin is EA - it is not a separate company. Origin is the EA store period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I can't use it. I got a $25.00 sim card for Christmas and the pack costs $19.99 it says you have to use the balance of the account. So I have to wait for something to cost $25.00 before I can use the account money.

You should be able to use it. I had to buy that since they were out of the $20 card. so I have like $3.75 or something remaining, which I'll just use for the next pack.

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Origin DOES NOT accept prepaid VISAS or PREPAID Credit cards.

You cannot use this method of payment through ORIGIN!

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.

Umm... while I still don't understand the prepaid card culture--how can they tell the difference?

To quote my Grandfather ( an old money tycoon) ""Plum"holes live on credit"

So, no credit cards for me.

What about paypal? It's international.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I'm from Latin america, and I can't even use my credit card on origin, I had to set it up through PayPal to make purchases on Origin. EA needs to improve the payment options for us, I mean...it's really DUMB to give customers obstacles to PAY for your products.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    for exemple i know i repeat myself but for simmers buying through origin that do not went to pay with a credit card or go through paypal they should offer as payment to pay via atm bank card witch transfers the money from the buying customer to the bank account origin has because not all simmers have credit cards or will went one better yet transfer and use or remaining simspoints for dlc game pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.

Since when? I just used a VISA the other day with them. I live in the U.S. Is this maybe a policy with different countries? /scratches head
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Since when? I just used a VISA the other day with them. I live in the U.S. Is this maybe a policy with different countries? /scratches head

Prepaid credit cards from other countries aren't being accepted.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    firenice815firenice815 Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm using a bankcard Visa and it won't let my purchase go through. Keeps saying that it cannot be verified. I know the cards fine, so I an only assume (hope) that its a server overload issue. I used the same card to buy the original game and deluxe edition. Finally got so frustrated I gave up trying.
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    I'm using a bankcard Visa and it won't let my purchase go through. Keeps saying that it cannot be verified. I know the cards fine, so I an only assume (hope) that its a server overload issue. I used the same card to buy the original game and deluxe edition. Finally got so frustrated I gave up trying.

it could be a problem with your end, i mean your bank. some times bank/credit cards company deny or hold payments for possible fraudulent charges, even if it's from somewhere you used the card before.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    But what of those that do not went to use paypal that needs to be taken in as well and again i repeat this this game pack should of been free no one should be paying for such content that game pack should of cost 0.00$ and be free sigh

Why should it be free? It is added content for your game! EA is a business not a charity. While I might disagree with allot of what they do I don't think that they should make everything free. As with the previous versions of this game we had to buy extra content for our games. We have the choice to either buy it or not. If you want something for free there are many free to play games out there. Go-for-it! ;)

Sorry if my way of thinking is diffrent but it should not only be on dlc but on disk as well not everyone have or went to own credit cards for me credit cards are nothing but trouble if origin wents to make sales of dlc they should also offer payment by the interac atm system in other word payment via or bank cards

I agree! I don't like it that it is DLC only at all! But it is and there isn't much we can do about that. And they do have a rather strange way of accepting money also! I don't get none of the ways they have for payment. Really if you have money in your Origin account you should be able to use some or all of it for whatever product they sell! You should have some way to buy it no matter where you are. Not everyone has a credit card and such and EA cash cards are not available to all countries. So yes it is quite the conundrum they have.

I do suggest you find way to get them if you want them, because I do believe this is the only way we are getting anything for our games from now on. Just a hunch but I do believe it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm going to try the paypal route, but I have to wait 8-10 days for the money to be transferred from my bank to paypal.
  • Options
    firenice815firenice815 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Mashimar0 said:
    > firenice815 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm using a bankcard Visa and it won't let my purchase go through. Keeps saying that it cannot be verified. I know the cards fine, so I an only assume (hope) that its a server overload issue. I used the same card to buy the original game and deluxe edition. Finally got so frustrated I gave up trying.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it could be a problem with your end, i mean your bank. some times bank/credit cards company deny or hold payments for possible fraudulent charges, even if it's from somewhere you used the card before.

Actually I don't even think it's getting that far. It isn't letting me get far enough to have the bank deny it (can't get past the payment screen to review order). I don't understand the error.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm going to try the paypal route, but I have to wait 8-10 days for the money to be transferred from my bank to paypal.

I've found it's a lot faster than that (also in Canada) any time I need to set up a new bank account with them. They *say* 8-10 days, but it's usually 1-2.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I've found it's a lot faster than that (also in Canada) any time I need to set up a new bank account with them. They *say* 8-10 days, but it's usually 1-2.

Any time I've added funds to paypal it has been the 8-10 days. I don't use it very often.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Why? I only ask this because mine is instant. If you are worried about the connection you have already made the connection when you wire money into the paypal account. Otherwise it only charges your bank/credit account if you authorize it.
    Just curious is all. :)
    I have been using paypal for 6-8 years now with no issues at all.
  • Options

Why? I only ask this because mine is instant. If you are worried about the connection you have already made the connection when you wire money into the paypal account. Otherwise it only charges your bank/credit account if you authorize it.

This is from the email:

We estimate that these funds will be deposited in your PayPal account by Jan 22, 2015.

Are you in the US?

• Options

This is from the email:

We estimate that these funds will be deposited in your PayPal account by Jan 22, 2015.

Are you in the US?
    Ahh OK! Yes I am in the US. Geez I am sorry I didn't think about you being in a different country. I should have taken that into consideration.
    Is it different for you? You don't have direct pay where you just authorize it and paypal takes only what is needed from your bank/credit account?
  • Options

This is from the email:

Are you in the US?
    Ahh OK! Yes I am in the US. Geez I am sorry I didn't think about you being in a different country. I should have taken that into consideration.
    Is it different for you? You don't have direct pay where you just authorize it and paypal takes only what is needed from your bank/credit account?

Not in Canada. We have to put the money in to paypal first.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    You know what would solve a *lot* of problems? Letting people order disc copies from a store. No cover art necessary, just stick it in a sleeve, and no distribution - let people walk into their nearest game store, have the game store order it, EA manufactures and ships them. How freaking hard would that be?
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

This is from the email:

Are you in the US?

OK Dang takes that long. Here if you transfer in or out of your paypal it takes 48 hrs tops and usually before that. I am sorry you have to wait but it is the best route I have found to deal with EA/Origin. I had to get mine for TS3 because it quit taking my card for some reason. Now I only use paypal for any internet spending and have a special bank account just for it also.
    Hope you get it soon so you can get the GP and enjoy it!

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member

This is from the email:

Are you in the US?

That's not true. I live in Canada and I've never had to transfer money first to Paypal before paying for something, and I've been using it for seven or eight years now.
  • Options
    You know what would solve a *lot* of problems? Letting people order disc copies from a store. No cover art necessary, just stick it in a sleeve, and no distribution - let people walk into their nearest game store, have the game store order it, EA manufactures and ships them. How freaking hard would that be?

That would be perfect. I would love to be able to order a disc from EA or a store. :)
  • Options
    stephymac wrote: »

This is from the email:

Are you in the US?

That's not true. I live in Canada and I've never had to transfer money first to Paypal before paying for something, and I've been using it for seven or eight years now.

If I've bought with zero paypal balance I still have to wait for it to clear the bank. It was always that way with when I used to buy on Ebay.

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

That would be perfect. I would love to be able to order a disc from EA or a store. :)

Yeah the objection is usually that cover art and distribution costs... if people could order on demand and pay for manufacture/shipping (which wouldn't be much) then what's the issue? Look at book publishing. You can self publish and order 10 copies, then order 10 more as needed. The bulk thing is in the past.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    So if you from canada have to wait 7 days that mean I will never get the game pack since pay pal isnt even supported here. And they declined my visa mastercard for some reason (someone told me cause I not from US).
    I had a chat session with oen of origin guys and they sait they will try their best to resolve it and will get back to me in few days (never heard that before)
    So i am rly screwed, don't know how will I get expansion thx a lot and so on...

ah well