Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WARNING!!!!

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

If I've bought with zero paypal balance I still have to wait for it to clear the bank. It was always that way with when I used to buy on Ebay.

Do you have a verified PayPal account?

I'm in the UK, never have money in my PayPal account. They do direct bank transfers (instant) for the amount needed as I purchase things, with my debit card number for backup in case the retailer doesn't like that method.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    stephymac wrote: »

Terrylin wrote: »
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I'm going to try the paypal route, but I have to wait 8-10 days for the money to be transferred from my bank to paypal.

Why? I only ask this because mine is instant. If you are worried about the connection you have already made the connection when you wire money into the paypal account. Otherwise it only charges your bank/credit account if you authorize it.
    Just curious is all. :)
    I have been using paypal for 6-8 years now with no issues at all.

This is from the email:

We estimate that these funds will be deposited in your PayPal account by Jan 22, 2015.

Are you in the US?
    Ahh OK! Yes I am in the US. Geez I am sorry I didn't think about you being in a different country. I should have taken that into consideration.
    Is it different for you? You don't have direct pay where you just authorize it and paypal takes only what is needed from your bank/credit account?

Not in Canada. We have to put the money in to paypal first.

That's not true. I live in Canada and I've never had to transfer money first to Paypal before paying for something, and I've been using it for seven or eight years now.

It's not that you have cash in the PayPal account - it's that PayPal uses a microtransaction when you hook a bank account to it for the first time. That transaction is fast on PayPal's end, but like a PayPal-->bank transfer, takes a bit of time in processing. I assume that they're making sure that this isn't some new, empty bank account you're going to overdraw on and never cover. If you already have gone through the approvals process, payments are instantaneous. Withdrawals when you get paid always take that bit of time again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Origin DOES NOT accept prepaid VISAS or PREPAID Credit cards.

You cannot use this method of payment through ORIGIN!

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.
    1. Origin accepts PayPal.
    2. Does PayPal accept prepaid cards? Well I dunno, I don't use one, I use standard debit card (Amex) and PayPal has no problems with it.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

Has anyone used the EA E-Cash card?
    I have. Works fine.

Sorry, have to saY... I was just reading the comments and came across your black cat LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!! :D
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited January 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.
    1. Origin accepts PayPal.
    2. Does PayPal accept prepaid cards? Well I dunno, I don't use one, I use standard debit card (Amex) and PayPal has no problems with it.

Yes. That is what I ended up doing yesterday. I added the prepaid card to my paypal. I didn't see any way to use it to pay so I did some searching on it, and I saw in a thread here that when buying through paypal, they will ask where you want the funds to come from. So I tried it last night to buy the game. It didn't ask me where to take the funds from (I guess because I have 0 cash balance) but it took it automatically from the prepaid Visa card. So I got to download last night!

Kind of a big long runaround to get it done, but it's done.

• Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Faith12368 wrote: »
    Use your card through paypal, that's what I do when they stopped accepting prepaid. Setting up an account is easy.

I got my paypal account hacked once, thank God the bank caught it - paypal said there was no hack - so no more paypal ever[/quote]

Good for you! PayPal is notoriously insecure. The fact that they are haven't been sued out of existence amazes me.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited January 2015
    And on a small note you need to be carful even do i do not have a paypal, account they can send you spam email even if you do not have a paypal account so you need to be carful.

Edit: but this is another discussion for the general forum
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'd much rather pop a disk into my shopping cart while I'm buying other things... but as it is, I won't be spending anything on this GP the way it's sold now.
    I.E. Walking through a real store, I mean!
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Really, when did they start. I buy all my games with a prepaid card. I even bought Sims 4 with it and I never had a problem.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member

Since when? I just used a VISA the other day with them. I live in the U.S. Is this maybe a policy with different countries? /scratches head

Prepaid credit cards from other countries aren't being accepted.

Thanks for the clarification. The original comment really made me scratch my head. It's ridiculous that people who live elsewhere can't use them. Has EA stated why they won't take them?
  • Options
    FAWKES411FAWKES411 Posts: 104 Member
    Faith12368 wrote: »
    Use your card through paypal, that's what I do when they stopped accepting prepaid. Setting up an account is easy.

Thanks for the tip. Got a visa card for Christmas....paypal worked for me. Too bad that it doesn't seem to be working for everyone..
    :\

• Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Well I guess my sims won't camp...... Oh well!
  • Options
    iskender299iskender299 Posts: 35 Member
    Debit mastercard too!!!!

I bought TS4 on 1st of jan and they declined my card 4 times :(

But I used paypal :D
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2015
    I have never had a issue paying for things using cash cards for my EA account balance. I have used to purchase games, simpoints for store items, etc. I would question that.
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    It would not take my US prepaid visa but it did take my us prepaid amex card. I do not use credit cards at all, and will not use my checking visa debit card online. Made that mistake years ago and took far to long to get it straightened out.
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    Hey guys, good news for me! :)

I was able to get the game pack with my other Visa card without any problems! I was so relieved, and also so happy cause I will be able to get future game packs. Sorry for little rant and panic, everything is fine now! :)
    Great game pack btw, worth it...

Cheers!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    One thing you are TOTALLY forgetting that not all players are adults (18+). That means that players who are under the age of 18 can't have a PayPal account nor a credit card. This is one of the biggest problems of EA/Origin/Maxis. Some people just can't buy digital content (that easily), so it would be perfect if EA actually released the Origin cash cards in other countries too than USA, UK, France or Germany. We don't have any kind of Origin cash cards in Finland, neither has Sweden if I remember correctly. It seriously isn't fair at all.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    One thing you are TOTALLY forgetting that not all players are adults (18+). That means that players who are under the age of 18 can't have a PayPal account nor a credit card. This is one of the biggest problems of EA/Origin/Maxis. Some people just can't buy digital content (that easily), so it would be perfect if EA actually released the Origin cash cards in other countries too than USA, UK, France or Germany. We don't have any kind of Origin cash cards in Finland, neither has Sweden if I remember correctly. It seriously isn't fair at all.

Me i am 41 years old and its was my personel choice not to have a credit card and the same go for a paypal account

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Not sure about anywhere else but if you're in the UK you can use Paysafe. If you go on their site it will give you locations in your area where you can buy the cards.

My origin account was hacked so at the moment I can't make purchases, but when it's unlocked again (hopefully soon) I'm going to use Paysafe. EA support sent me a list of different payment methods I could use other than Debit/Credit or paypal, so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll post the list.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I have no idea what prepaid is... but I have done other stuff on there.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    altad1 wrote: »
    Not sure about anywhere else but if you're in the UK you can use Paysafe. If you go on their site it will give you locations in your area where you can buy the cards.

My origin account was hacked so at the moment I can't make purchases, but when it's unlocked again (hopefully soon) I'm going to use Paysafe. EA support sent me a list of different payment methods I could use other than Debit/Credit or paypal, so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll post the list.
    I would be interested in that list. Thanks.

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    @applefeather2 Here's the list they sent me.

WALLIE
    PAYSAFE
    GIROPAY
    KONBIN
    SOFORT
    SKRILL
    BOKU
    WEBMONEY
    BOACOMPRA
    BOLETO
    BANCARIO
    UKASH
    YANDEX
    SPONSORPAY
    DEPOSITO
    IDEAL
    CASHU
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    You might try using live chat/support to use your prepaid card. I got my daughter a visa gift card last year and that's what she had to do in order to use it through origin. Maybe they've changed it but it worked to go through live support before. Maybe it will for you as well.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.