Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carl's Sims 3 Website - Past Time For Building Tutorials

Comments

• Options
    Alejandra_09Alejandra_09 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks alot for the great site :thumbup:
    It really helped with my sims lifetime want of The Perfect Garden.
    Keep up the great work !
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited July 2009
    silencecomplex
    After some investigation with my gardener Sim, I'm at a loss. I saw people suggesting in another thread that you should use a death fish to lower the quality. This simply doesn't work. My result with that was a dead plant that produced no fruit. She tried to revive it three times, hoping the fertilizer would wear off. No luck.

I also tried neglecting plants to reduce the quality of the produce. No matter how badly I treated the apple trees, their base quality didn't go down. I tried growing a tree all the way to maturity without weeding it - no go. It merely slowed down the growth rate and I got nice apples from the nice apple tree as though nothing had happened.

The only thing I know would work would be to be so lucky as to find a putrid apple seed. I searched for a long time and never found a single one. I found three apple seeds but they were all excellent or outstanding.

I start to wonder if it's worth the trouble for this opportunity. Only a low level gardener without green thumb is going to plant that bad apple seed and get a bad apple tree.

Wow, thanks for your effort to find an answer to my question! I read some other gardening threads and someone mentioned getting the Omni Plant and feed it bad apples. Which would be great, but I don't have one of those yet either. Although I know there is one by the Science Lab, so I may try that and see if that will work! :mrgreen: Thanks again! :wink:
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2009
    nice :) thanks
  • Options
    Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2009
    I love your guide!
  • Options
    silencecomplexsilencecomplex Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2009
    igzigpuff wrote:
    silencecomplex
    After some investigation with my gardener Sim, I'm at a loss. I saw people suggesting in another thread that you should use a death fish to lower the quality. This simply doesn't work. My result with that was a dead plant that produced no fruit. She tried to revive it three times, hoping the fertilizer would wear off. No luck.

I also tried neglecting plants to reduce the quality of the produce. No matter how badly I treated the apple trees, their base quality didn't go down. I tried growing a tree all the way to maturity without weeding it - no go. It merely slowed down the growth rate and I got nice apples from the nice apple tree as though nothing had happened.

The only thing I know would work would be to be so lucky as to find a putrid apple seed. I searched for a long time and never found a single one. I found three apple seeds but they were all excellent or outstanding.

I start to wonder if it's worth the trouble for this opportunity. Only a low level gardener without green thumb is going to plant that bad apple seed and get a bad apple tree.

Wow, thanks for your effort to find an answer to my question! I read some other gardening threads and someone mentioned getting the Omni Plant and feed it bad apples. Which would be great, but I don't have one of those yet either. Although I know there is one by the Science Lab, so I may try that and see if that will work! :mrgreen: Thanks again! :wink:

I am actually very interested in learning how everything works. I think I've seen people searching for how to do that on my site before, so I need to find a good solution. Let me know if the omni-plant idea works?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    silencecomplex

I am actually very interested in learning how everything works. I think I've seen people searching for how to do that on my site before, so I need to find a good solution. Let me know if the omni-plant idea works?

OK, will try it out and let you know! :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    igzigpuff wrote:
    silencecomplex

OK, will try it out and let you know! :wink:

You rock for that. Hard to test everything in this huge game myself!
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited July 2009
    Carl, I've added a link to your guide on my blog. If you have a graphic that is 88x31 pixels I'll add it to my site.

(link to my blog: http://slinkyscrap.wordpress.com/)
  • Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited July 2009
    so... much... INFORMATION!!

::mindexplosion::

thanks! :thumbup:
  • Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited July 2009
    for igzigpuff's question..

doesnt fruit go bad if you leave it either in your inventory or in the fridge too long? and if those two things keep it from going bad, then maybe you can try leaving it outside for a while and put some fences around it so no sims come to try to eat it or clean it up...

and does your opportunity say you have to grow them or deliver them to someone?
    because from my experience if you just have to deliver them to someone then you can use another sim to grow them, then just put it into the sim who needs the apple's inventory.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wow thanks. A link always helps get the word out :)
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited July 2009
    for igzigpuff's question..

doesnt fruit go bad if you leave it either in your inventory or in the fridge too long? and if those two things keep it from going bad, then maybe you can try leaving it outside for a while and put some fences around it so no sims come to try to eat it or clean it up...

and does your opportunity say you have to grow them or deliver them to someone?
    because from my experience if you just have to deliver them to someone then you can use another sim to grow them, then just put it into the sim who needs the apple's inventory.

Fruit, veggies, fish, meat... none of those will go bad in your inventory or in the fridge. Birthday cakes and prepared food will go bad.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I did leave some apples on the ground for a while, hoping they'd spoil. Days went by and nothing happened though. Maybe I didn't wait long enough.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just put up a page about the fishing locations in Riverview, and I would like some feedback. If there's support for this type of thing I'll keep doing them.

Check http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/fishing/riverview-fishing-spots.php
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited August 2009
    Checking it out
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    appreciate it :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Added Sunset valley fishing spots. I actually decided to publish my fishing spots guide on the forum. The thread is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/79567.page

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Comments system on my guide is broken temporarily. Leave questions for FAQ here if you can.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just updated the guide's template to improve readability. No more scrolling down a whole page to get to the content. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I finally found some time to play my game and I tried feeding the Omni plant by the Science Lab a bad apple. When I had my Sim harvest the Omni plant, the apples quality was normal. :x The Omni plant is normal quality itself, so I'm guessing it changes the bad apple to normal or it's my Sim's level 10 gardening skill. I didn't have any other vegetables that were of any worse quality (like putrid or horrifying) to try. Both the adult Sims are level 10 gardening so I will have to wait until their child ages up so I can have him grow some bad fruits/vegetables to check if it is possible to get a bad apple from the Omni plant. :? :-)
  • Options
    d3tslnicquid3tslnicqui Posts: 76 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I really like this. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    igzigpuff wrote:
    I finally found some time to play my game and I tried feeding the Omni plant by the Science Lab a bad apple. When I had my Sim harvest the Omni plant, the apples quality was normal. :x The Omni plant is normal quality itself, so I'm guessing it changes the bad apple to normal or it's my Sim's level 10 gardening skill. I didn't have any other vegetables that were of any worse quality (like putrid or horrifying) to try. Both the adult Sims are level 10 gardening so I will have to wait until their child ages up so I can have him grow some bad fruits/vegetables to check if it is possible to get a bad apple from the Omni plant. :? :-)

Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a whirl again on my gardener soon and see if I can come up with anything.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Another big day of writing. I got up at 8am and worked on the guide until 5 ;) At least some of it wasn't work. I got to experience what it's like to play a heartbreaker and be in all those relationships.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Comments system on the guide is back up :)
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2009
    I do have some feedback on your gardening guide, aside from it being completely awesome that is... Thanks for the effort for all the simmers out there.

The feedback is: I think fertilizing plants does make them grow to maturity faster. With my latest sim I have been experimenting with what happens when I don't fertilize, because I dread the chore of clicking through the garden of twenty thirty plants myself to make sure they don't need any fertilizer. (Can't always seem to see if the color of ground is different or not.) Anyway, in this testing, plants that are not fertilized do take longer to grow to maturity. Specially life fruit. Plants also produce, well, their given produce, faster if fertilized as well. Money trees if fertilized with life fruit produce money bags every other day. With no fertilizer, they produce money bags every third day. Fertilized or not, doesn't seem to effect how fast money trees move to perfect though.

Again, thanks for your great guide web site. Much good work on your behalf. :o)