Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    Finally got through reading all of this. Took me a few days but got caught up. Great screenshots and you are both very good at storytelling. :) This is a fun read and fun to watch the same family progress differently in two different games.

Thanks, @Catdog123!

Whooo, that IS a lot of reading and you did it really quickly, too. Thanks for your compliments :smiley:

This sure has been a fun experiment for us and y'all would laugh to see our text chatter regarding what is happening in our games... well, mainly laugh at me and my "OMG Tanu, my game is about to do this... do I even want it to do that? I can't stop it but oh, my...." comments. They have gotten fewer and fewer as I have learned to relax and just let my Simmies do their thing.

I have aging on! I don't use cheat codes - fare thee well max motives, its been fun! I purposely don't have them be experts at everything! I have even let a Sim here or a Sim there do things on their own **le gasp**! I have ghosts coming in and out of the house waking up my Sims and I still let them be there! Having kids? I either use a random name generator or go ask teen for one... no more having every single name already carefully selected! Just a few things I have "allowed" to happen in my game because I have been going forth with gusto on the "random" part of this legacy.

So Big Sis and the rest of you can be proud of me. I have grown as a Simmer!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It sounds like you have been enjoying doing the Legacy and playing in a different way than you usually do. Thankyou for sharing your legacy story through pictures and what you write, with us :)
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    I have a few save files like that. Some sims I don't trust doing their own thing, one sim set the house on fire three times . I wouldn't let her touch the stove again until she got to like level 4 of cooking. There was a lot of salad in her life for a few sim days. :P
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It sounds like you have been enjoying doing the Legacy and playing in a different way than you usually do. Thankyou for sharing your legacy story through pictures and what you write, with us :)

Thanks, Rose! I sure have... in fact I have grown rather fond of this method and don't think I'll be returning to my old way anytime soon.
    Aww... I'm glad (nervous, anxious, thrilled insert all sorts of emotions here) to share them and even more happy that people read/comment on them and we have lovely conversations over it.
  • Options
    I have a few save files like that. Some sims I don't trust doing their own thing, one sim set the house on fire three times . I wouldn't let her touch the stove again until she got to like level 4 of cooking. There was a lot of salad in her life for a few sim days. :P

Oh, yes. Salad days for sure. LOL

I'm lucky in that fires rarely happened to my Sims, but as to horrible quality food... have had plenty of those even with simple meals that you wouldn't think to see especially after they made three nice ones in a row. I learned to start saving for "born to cook" if they aren't a natural cook.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    tanubanue wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »
    I totally loved both of your updates! I do agree that gen 3 was a success and gen 4 will be interesting. Four kids will be challenging, Addy!

And I totally agree that Jaci turned out beautifully too! ;)

Thanks Ciane :) She really did. I saved her just in case.

Four kids were challenging indeed, lol

That means I can have her in my game? Awesome!

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member

My sims eat a lot of salad all the time!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    They are very special updates Tanu! :) I enjoyed reading them and seeing pictures. Jaci is very pretty! It is very special that Jenna will soon have her new little child. Thankyou for sharing your legacy journey with us. :)

Thank you Rose <3 I'm excited to see if she has a girl or boy for the next generation. I haven't played that far as of yet so even I don't know for sure :)

I'm happy you're enjoying reading them so thank YOU for sharing in our journeys.

• Options
    Finally got through reading all of this. Took me a few days but got caught up. Great screenshots and you are both very good at storytelling. :) This is a fun read and fun to watch the same family progress differently in two different games.

Thanks for reading! I'm happy that you're enjoying it.

I really think it's cool to have started with the same couple and see how each of our games evolve as we go as well. It's added another level of fun to the game for both Addy and I. I'm getting excited to see our ending generations the closer we get. :)
  • Options
    I totally loved both of your updates! I do agree that gen 3 was a success and gen 4 will be interesting. Four kids will be challenging, Addy!

And I totally agree that Jaci turned out beautifully too! ;)

Thanks Ciane :) She really did. I saved her just in case.

Four kids were challenging indeed, lol

That means I can have her in my game? Awesome!

I'll email her to you later when I get a minute. If I don't do it today send me one when you get home to remind me. Life is very busy lately. I probably owe you an email from awhile ago anyway, lol <3

• Options
    ADWilson wrote: »

Thanks, @Catdog123!

Whooo, that IS a lot of reading and you did it really quickly, too. Thanks for your compliments :smiley:

This sure has been a fun experiment for us and y'all would laugh to see our text chatter regarding what is happening in our games... well, mainly laugh at me and my "OMG Tanu, my game is about to do this... do I even want it to do that? I can't stop it but oh, my...." comments. They have gotten fewer and fewer as I have learned to relax and just let my Simmies do their thing.

I have aging on! I don't use cheat codes - fare thee well max motives, its been fun! I purposely don't have them be experts at everything! I have even let a Sim here or a Sim there do things on their own **le gasp**! I have ghosts coming in and out of the house waking up my Sims and I still let them be there! Having kids? I either use a random name generator or go ask teen for one... no more having every single name already carefully selected! Just a few things I have "allowed" to happen in my game because I have been going forth with gusto on the "random" part of this legacy.

So Big Sis and the rest of you can be proud of me. I have grown as a Simmer!

I am PROUD of you Lil Sis! And I loved all the OMG texts and the excitement in your voice when we talked on the phone lol You've come a long way baby!! :p
  • Options

Salad for sure! :)

• Options
    I am PROUD of you Lil Sis! And I loved all the OMG texts and the excitement in your voice when we talked on the phone lol You've come a long way baby!! :p

I sure have!

This has been a fun ride and if other people have a good SimFriend, they should try a challenge together.
    @cmbaker16 and @Shannen are doing the Perfect Genetics one and their pictures via my pages are vastly entertaining :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm excited to see if she has a girl or boy for the next generation. I haven't played that far as of yet so even I don't know for sure :)

For once I think my game is a smidgeon further along than yours. I have met the next heir already and that is all I can say.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @ADwilson Well we're certainly glad you think so :D we're doing a 2nd attempt and made it little more interesting >:)
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @ADwilson Well we're certainly glad you think so :D we're doing a 2nd attempt and made it little more interesting >:)

I did see a 2nd attempt getting up and going between you two and each "house" looks to be rather basic.
    Not many things to distract or overindulge a Sim and the place is quite open and airy.

Okay, I'll bite...
    How did you make things even more interesting than they already are? I mean...
    @Shannen is using a blue skinned, green haired, purple eyed, pink fairy and yours had blue hair and wore pink or was it lilac, @cmbaker16?

So like I was saying, what did you two come up with to make things even more interesting than they already are?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I did see a 2nd attempt getting up and going between you two and each "house" looks to be rather basic.
    Not many things to distract or overindulge a Sim and the place is quite open and airy.

Okay, I'll bite...
    @Shannen is using a blue skinned, green haired, purple eyed, pink fairy and yours had blue hair and wore pink or was it lilac, @cmbaker16?

So like I was saying, what did you two come up with to make things even more interesting than they already are?

well first we gave them a colorful skintone to blend in with the other residents of Dragon Valley and yes I made Shannen's skin lilac :D . I also made her a witch while she made me a fairy. So we added our own requirement for the heir which is to have hair color, eye color, and the supernatural type...so Shannen's heir has to be a fairy with the green hair, and purple eyes while mine has to be a witch with blue hair and pink eyes :D

makes it all the more interesting don't you think >:)
  • Options

Okay, I'll bite...

well first we gave them a colorful skintone to blend in with the other residents of Dragon Valley and yes I made Shannen's skin lilac :D . I also made her a witch while she made me a fairy. So we added our own requirement for the heir which is to have hair color, eye color, and the supernatural type...so Shannen's heir has to be a fairy with the green hair, and purple eyes while mine has to be a witch with blue hair and pink eyes :D

makes it all the more interesting don't you think >:)

Ah! You upped the level of difficulty. I understand now.
    More interesting, yes. More fun, definitely!

I wonder if she'll have 7 before getting an heir like last time while you only took what I believe it was 2 tries... that was quite funny :D
  • Options
    Sad part was she is a firefighter I was like really? Of all the sims to do this? :P
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Sad part was she is a firefighter I was like really? Of all the sims to do this? :P

Oops! I gather she didn't like bringing her work home so when she was off duty she really WAS off duty :D
  • Options
    @ADWIlson yea I had an heir on the 2nd try last time...this time on my first attempt she got twins :lol: she's pregnant again and am waiting for it to be born hopefully it's not triplets this time :lol:
  • Options
    @ADWilson Forgot to mention, Barney is awesome, sometimes have wondered what the owners of some of these businesses would look like.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    @ADWilson Forgot to mention, Barney is awesome, sometimes have wondered what the owners of some of these businesses would look like.

Why thank YOU, @Catdog123! I really like her, too. I think she is really pretty.
    Haven't spent much time playing her but I plan to because I really want to further her story. Some buildings or lots has one wondering about the owners so perhaps I might consider doing more of them ;)
  • Options
    Even if they aren't played much it would be pretty cool to see them running around in public I think. I gave her a rec and a favorite, her hair in the pic is CC right?
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Even if they aren't played much it would be pretty cool to see them running around in public I think.

It is. However, she keeps phoning Reiley and asking him out on a date. I guess the fact that she gave him his first tattoo is a memory she can't soon forget. LOL
    I gave her a rec and a favorite, her hair in the pic is CC right?

Nothing against those who do, but I don't use or have CC in this game. It says it is "store" but I'm honestly not sure which one. I just grabbed one I liked the looks of and colored it.

I use custard to check before uploading and she was clean. Does this help at all?
    I have more pictures of her hair from the different sides if you want to see them.
    Post edited by ADWilson on