The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the last film you saw?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Journey 2
    Ugh was too open. Like, there was no mystery or excitement. Everything just happened way before it had the chance to become interesting.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Crimson Peak

How beautiful! Del Toro knows how to make a movie visually awesome. Isn't the best story I've ever seen, but it's entertaining enough.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Boychoir.
    I give it a 1,5 out of 5.

Nothing new or different. A cliche.
  • Options
    willdflowrswilldflowrs Posts: 78 Member
    Dead Silence
    I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5

It has been out for a long time but I just got around to watching it
    Orgin Id is wildflowerrs
  • Options
    Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    Deadpool
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    Captain America: Civil War, yesterday. :)

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    Oslo, 31. August

I was expecting more, to be honest, but I'll take the girl monologue at the cafe for life.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited May 2016
    Still Alice.

Very thought provoking. And great book.
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    ezraphosezraphos Posts: 151 Member
    edited May 2016
    Deadpool, then CA: Civil War,
    and then this movie called The Road Within (it was so good! would def recommend but do not watch with children, at all)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Crimson Peak

How beautiful! Del Toro knows how to make a movie visually awesome. Isn't the best story I've ever seen, but it's entertaining enough.

Sure, it's visual, but there is more to it. Try watching it with your eyes closed, especially every scene in the house, there is something magical about the sound, it becomes so much more scary without the imagery.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    The Blood Of a Poet

Thanks @Lightfield lol This movie is awesome, it's like a fusion of many forms of art, some references speaks for themselves. And I just loved to identify some techniques hahaha So artesanal! I may watch some others european movies from that time soon, I'm more used to the Hollywood ones.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Crimson Peak

Sure, it's visual, but there is more to it. Try watching it with your eyes closed, especially every scene in the house, there is something magical about the sound, it becomes so much more scary without the imagery.

You have a point here, I was so intrigued with the visual that I indeed didn't pay much attention to the sound. I'll give a try next time.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited May 2016
    The Blood Of a Poet

Thanks @Lightfield lol This movie is awesome, it's like a fusion of many forms of art, some references speaks for themselves. And I just loved to identify some techniques hahaha So artesanal! I may watch some others european movies from that time soon, I'm more used to the Hollywood ones.

Aaah, awesome that you liked that one @DominicLaurence ! :smiley: It sure is wonderful, and I found it is fun too, to identify some techniques (although, the times when have I rewatched it I just float away in a sea of beauty hahaha). There are so many great European movies from that time in my opinion.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    Boogie Nights

I wasn't expecting it to be so good :o And the theme itself amuses me, discussing taboos is almost a hobby of mine.
    Lightfield wrote: »
    The Blood Of a Poet

Aaah, awesome that you liked that one @DominicLaurence ! :smiley: It sure is wonderful, and I found it is fun too, to identify some techniques (although, the times when have I rewatched it I just float away in a sea of beauty hahaha). There are so many great European movies from that time in my opinion.

Oh, and it's beautiful indeed. It one of these movies that leave images in your mind, I can only imagine the pleasure of painters and photographers watching this. Poets too!
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Oh, and it's beautiful indeed. It one of these movies that leave images in your mind, I can only imagine the pleasure of painters and photographers watching this. Poets too!

Yes, I agree - it certainly leaves images. Delightful. I tend to feel so... inspired watching it. (And I adore Cocteau, such an interesting fella. I love his movies, his drawing, his books...)
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    Lightfield wrote: »

Yes, I agree - it certainly leaves images. Delightful. I tend to feel so... inspired watching it. (And I adore Cocteau, such an interesting fella. I love his movies, his drawing, his books...)

I totally got one certain 'complete artist' feel of him. He's almost a romantic figure hahaha Like an utopic kind nowadays.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Jack And The Cuckoo Clock Heart

Ugh. Didn't like it. It was just weird. It was supposed to be emotional or something but it just wasn't. It was just weird.
    1/5
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    Saw CiVil War this weekend, first movie I've seen in theaters since Star Wars. Thought it was awesome but not as a great as The Winter Soldier, only because so much was packed into it that some of the flow was not done as well as WS. I'm hoping to watch all the X-Men movie universe movies before X-Men Apocalypse comes out but I know that's 8 movies and only 9 days...better hop to it! LOL
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Women In Love (1969)

I must say that I could watch it for hours on end! Oh, that's what happens when you have good characters. I suspect I would love the book. And I fear just for that horse scene, effective indeed though anyway. Ken Russell, he has my admiration for that.
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Lets just say that I've been in the mood for the strange recently.

High-Rise
    high-rise_v3.jpg

The forty story high-rise tower on the outskirts of London, built by esteemed architect Anthony Royal, is the epitome of chic, modern living. The upper echelons of society live in the top floors, while more common families live in the lower ones. The high-rise provides its tenants many conveniences, including a swimming pool, gym, spa, supermarket and even a primary school. There is little reason to leave the building outside of working hours, and its occupants gradually become isolated from the outside world.

And
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    10-cloverfield-lane-featured.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    Forbidden City Cop, an action comedy classic by Stephen Chow.
    It's Chinese name is literally "imperial secret service 008", a pun on James Bond.

Forbidden_City_Cop_DVD_cover.jpeg
    positively Epicurean
  • Options
    Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Romeo + Juliet, at school.
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Alice in Wonderland
  • Options
    Just finished watching Krampus.

I read some place it was supposed to be bad. Yeah it wasn't. It wasn't good either. It would have been better if it had been a flat out family christmas movie or a horror one. Toni Colette is love.

1,5/5
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Frankenstein (in school)
    frankenstein1.jpg
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    I think the last one now was "Maurice" (1987).

Oh, it's a good movie! The main character was inspirational to me somehow. It's the third adapted movie I watch in a row, I wanna try more often read the novels first.
    Legacy Photomode