Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    amethnwamethnw Posts: 114 Member
    I had some crazy and confusing things happen in my game last night...

"So you're enjoying being a father, right? Well, I have some amazing news for you!"
    Screenshot_zpsgvwkrqvy.jpg

Still going strong, with baby number 4 on the way.
    Screenshot-6_zpslt4iym0t.jpg

Nursery is up for twins Laine & Anastasia
    Screenshot-11_zpsmybayxv4.jpg

"Brb hon, going to have another kid."
    "Ok, see you soon."
    Screenshot-17_zpswcm0nak1.jpg

"WAIT, WHAT!"
    Screenshot-18_zps9yxkonvp.jpg

Just a single this time, thankfully. Here is baby Isolde.
    Screenshot-21_zpsvbny9pwv.jpg

She will share a room with big brother Yves.
    Screenshot-27_zps79uxvit0.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zpsgvvltwwa.jpg

Here's when thing's got weird. Putting in spoiler so this doesn't get crazy long.
    After tucking in the new baby, I noticed an EVIL GNOME (!) in Opal's inventory. I have never even seen one before. It couldn't have been there long because I'm in & out of their inventories all day (a little OCD).
    Screenshot-32_zpszhzrzewa.jpg
    Hopefully not a bad omen. They've got 4 toddlers now to protect!
    Screenshot-33_zpsxsmizmd2.jpg

I was mildly startled to see a burglar ring the doorbell... till I realized it was Halloween and they were a teen.
    Screenshot-37_zpsnhjg0sah.jpg

Halloween party. :smile:
    Screenshot-41_zps0mghqm3w.jpg
    These are the same two sims I always invite... the elder woman is the redhead who's always getting upset. Nothing new here!
    Screenshot-44_zpsm3magh8i.jpg
    She's going to give herself a heart attack one of these days.
    Screenshot-46_zpsmvnxiv1u.jpg
    The party ended and they left... then she apparently snuck back inside in her weird Outerwear clothing, up into the twins' room. :#
    Screenshot-48_zpsgoqpgtge.jpg
    "Sure, help yourself to my children. Don't ask or anything. By the way, you know it's 3 AM?"
    Screenshot-50_zps3tvwanuz.jpg
    Well, at least she had a good time... apparently...
    Screenshot-56_zpswcj6hmzn.jpg

A few days later, a birthday party for the twins.
    Anastasia first.
    Screenshot-61_zpsishal0em.jpg
    Blonde like dad. :smile:
    Screenshot-64_zpsdb0g22ol.jpg
    Styled her to my liking.
    Screenshot-65_zpscyuw8r29.jpg
    "My baby girl is growing up."
    Screenshot-70_zpsucwjhbsd.jpg

Oh, god, two imaginary friends...
    Screenshot-71_zpsis7yykor.jpg
    Laine's up!
    Screenshot-72_zpscccbog9p.jpg
    Another blue boy. :smile: Wait, are those...
    Screenshot-74_zpsa8bhti0y.jpg
    THOSE ARE FANGS! Evil gnome, this is your dirty work!!
    Screenshot-75_zpsmecvi0fj.jpg

Ok seriously though, Opal and Jack are 0% vampire. I have no idea how this happened. The only thing I can think is that Laine slept with a genie teddy bear, can they "gift" you powers or something? I was so confused/surprised. It should make the game more interesting regardless, lol.
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    Great updates all!
  • Options
    Last Week at the Hatch House
    msg12_0_zpslfpy2brj.jpg
    Jauna lost no time in updating her wardrobe – she’d been stuck in the same clothes for thousands of years after all. I was apparently mistaken, she doesn’t have commitment issues, she does have no sense of humor (which I attribute to her not understanding pop culture references and taking things literally) and kleptomaniac which I’ve never played either so I’m looking forward to seeing how it works. Bard told her she could decorate her room however she wanted; Jauna enjoyed redecorating so much she decided to join the architectural design career. Booker has shared a couple tips he picked up while working over at Ann’s and Brio has let her use his easel and drafting table. Jauna feels right at home already. Bard is just happy she seems content to stick around for a while; she helped a lot setting up Julia’s birthday party.
    msg12_1_zps8nznsibe.jpg
    msg12_2_zpsbbryicc7.jpg
    msg12_3_zpseaxhzd8e.jpg
    msg12_4_zpsgsc44sy6.jpg
    msg12_5_zpsf0lpv6hz.jpg
    Brio was very touched by Bard and Jauna’s hard work on Julia’s party, and the main present, a playground. His job had simply been to keep his curious daughter on the opposite side of the privacy fence. Brio was so proud of his little girl as she blew out her candles and aged up. Julia got the equestrian trait thanks to their unicorn hunts. He knew they were spoiling her a bit, ok a lot, but it was her birthday after all. He enjoyed watching Julia playing all day.
    msg12_6_zpsm5wmyb3f.jpg
    msg12_7_zpsisqywlm8.jpg
    msg12_8_zpsvy2plawt.jpg
    msg12_9_zpshulhsusr.jpg
    msg12_10_zps1yreh56v.jpg
    Julia had a blast on her birthday she got presents and cake and lots of attention. She was so excited and she wasn’t very happy to be sent to bed for school the next day. At least there was one more surprise in store for her, after she left Topher on the floor to go feed her new fish he suddenly came to life.
    msg12_11_zps68inr7nk.jpg
    msg12_12_zpsh5bi8lgv.jpg
    msg12_13_zpsu74nrzf1.jpg
    msg12_14_zpsgaex5csu.jpg
    msg12_15_zps89rgk8qe.jpg
  • Options
    Yesterday at the Hatch House
    msg13_0_zpsfiuqztq7.jpg
    Julia did a little bit of painting and playing with Topher before school but she wasn’t too happy to leave him behind. With Julia safely off on her first day of school Brio headed over to visit Haax.
    msg13_1_zpskof92u1s.jpg
    msg13_3_zps54lboeaq.jpg
    msg13_4_zpsbf94mznc.jpg
    msg13_5_zps4keg7w7a.jpg
    Jauna went to her first remodel; she borrows Brio’s motorcycle…she’s sure he wouldn’t mind. The job sounded like it would be simple enough but the client was not happy at all and Jauna was so upset she went straight to Bard’s work and waited for him to get out. He was able to calm her down; everybody’s first day is hard but he promises her it will get better.
    msg13_6_zpsmuaok4di.jpg
    msg13_7_zpsyfm3geoc.jpg
    msg13_8_zpsmjyg3odj.jpg
    msg13_9_zps6sejfraq.jpg
    msg13_10_zpsywyfkzup.jpg
    Booker spent a couple nights over at Ann’s playing with Dusty and working on the fixer-upper. He overheard one of Ann’s guests complaining about Jauna’s work at her house but they stood up for their new friend. Ann’s not so sure how she feels about the way Jauna hangs out in the main house sometimes – but she knows that Jauna is only interested in Bard and she’s not the only one who dresses a little off in that house.
    msg13_11_zps5roxrw0u.jpg
    msg13_12_zpsqqxmoatg.jpg
    msg13_13_zpsue71nfxd.jpg
    msg13_14_zpskcm9wz13.jpg
    msg13_15_zpsttejy5bb.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    @cwaddell <3 Welcome back from the zombie apocolypse....

:D Thanks for the welcome.

My house is all electric so no hot water of any kind. No air conditioning was probably the worst part. It did start to get slightly cooler in the evenings the past few days so that was an improvement.

amethnw wrote: »
    @cwaddell Oh my, I'm glad your power is back finally. That sim looks like Fabio!

Thanks. Glad you recognized him. I was cleaning out some old file folders and found some pictures of Fabio. So decided to make a Fabio sim.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,141 Member
    Hey friends! The last part of Chapter 5 in my Holland Family: TNG story is up. :smiley:
    Click here :)

Go "like" or "awesome" it and refer your friends to the thread. :) I spend SO much time writing this story and knowing that I have followers who enjoy reading it, keeps me going with it. I do it all for you. I've found so much joy in writing. <3 Thank you all SO much!

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Karritz -It's fine to watch about it and mine is a modified version.Your game looks like it's fun for you and I enjoy your updates.Great updates!I love those CC walkers like that car and I've got them in my game.I've not had much population added to Storybrook yet because story progression is just moving them in very slowly because I have to enter story progression mode in edit town to move any new families in.
    @KevinL5275 -I meant it was great to see you posting here.I had my cursor jump down my page in notepad and didn't notice.I must really need glasses.Great update!
    @Sharee -I've had worse things in my old Mod-free games like corrupted saves from sims getting deleted on me.
    @lanlyn -The food replicators are working and it was really that the lot was glitched from getting waiters assigned to the machines.It was fixed by removing the assignments in NRaas Register and disabling new assignments.The replicators are self-serve at that library now as they should be.Great picture!
    @CravenLestat -Thanks for the links.I'll have to get to them later since I've got a download in progress.Great pictures!
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.Great pictures!I've seen worse mistakes on EA's builds like houses missing the back doors.
    @coco -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @plushtrap_107 -Great update!
    @Gernadia -Thanks for the comment.Great updates!
    @ilikethesims30 -Great update!
    @Ninja-Dan22 -Hi there!
    @texansky -It sounds like you've gotten into CAW.I've got a world to finish in CAW.
    @Odonata68 -Hi there!Great pictures!I have to assign mixologists to bars with Register because I usually disable automatic assignments.
    @carlymichelle -Hi there!great update!
    @Nik24X7 -Hi there!It looks like you got back into Sims 3 and had fun.
    @Sorak4 -Great update!
    @MoonandStars83 -Thanks for your comment.
    @cwaddell -Great picture!I couldn't last more than a day without power because it's almost impossible to eat properly without a microwave to heat leftovers up.
    @amethnw -I've got toms of TSR CC myself and love most of it.Great update!
    @emorrill -It's great to see you here properly again.
    Here's a two day update from my 100 baby challenge.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Late Fall-1551.
    Ivanovitch Family
    Tanner and Tracy were both up so early that late fall morning that it was still dark out as they got ready for the day.
    29476820106_54bde87487.jpg
    They both started studying gardening skill after chores were done.
    29476813806_92ba243c80.jpg
    They both tried doing some paintings and finished late in the afternoon.
    29476803816_db11aaf9f4.jpg
    They both spent some time studying inventing skill on the iPads until it was 6PM and time to get to work.
    29430792941_013ec85b46.jpg
    They left for work in the pouring rain at 6PM.
    29430788561_2b751e72e4.jpg
    It was 10PM when they got home and got into bed.
    29476793496_8094dfe4bc.jpg

Jankowsky Family
    Eli and Ami also had to get to bed though Ami was out at the farmer's market and ended up stopping at the country library and staying there overnight.
    29402516192_ea90b28ef4.jpg
    Eli got up and got ready for the day before finding she'd have to tend the chores.
    29402510682_438361370d.jpg
    29402503382_9a2ebc287b.jpg
    Ami arrived at hoem while Eli was still doing chores and started helping.
    29402494442_89a69e10cf.jpg
    They both got their new painting easels out and began to paint small pictures.
    29430758801_ff809d9a4d.jpg
    They added new sections onto their extension just before leaving for work at 3:30 in the afternoon.
    29476734216_211bae1f2c.jpg
    They both got home at 7:30 and stopped to eat leftover sushi without noticing that it was starting to go bad.
    29476728806_ebfe9ea439.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @cwaddell handsome looking Sim :smile:

@Sorak4, @Gernadia, @lanlyn and @TadOlson great pictures :smile:

@emorrill I will check out the next part of the story when I can :smile:

I have a very busy day today so there will not be anything new from me today but I will try to lurk here when I can.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I just can't wait till next week. Finally getting my new desktop! Anyone here have alienware?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi you´ll!

I love playing the detective career, it allowes me to travell all through the town with my sim searching and investigating, making acquaintances with real townies and visiting all kind of places...

Screenshot-155_zpsntrquw0c.jpg

Screenshot-154_zpsv2f8oqwa.jpg

Screenshot-157_zps6n8rgvfs.jpg

Screenshot-160_zps1uv5gemn.jpg

Screenshot-161_zps2znbs4uj.jpg

Screenshot-152_zpsfollzd2h.jpg

Screenshot-165_zpskras6rir.jpg

Screenshot-153_zpssvylls5r.jpg

I´m having so much fun playing in Versailles world, it´s such a beautifull world!

Screenshot-168_zpsbbwctqoy.jpg

Screenshot-170_zpsjcjtqsjt.jpg

So many things for all my sims to do and enjoy

Screenshot-164_zpsceck0ubx.jpg

Screenshot-166_zps5wa0cplm.jpg

Screenshot-163_zpstvjbunmk.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Gernadia I noticed that your alien child has a Imaginary friend, I always loved the IF and had a lot of my sims marry them. I can't wait for my sims to have a baby for a IF.
  • Options
    @TadOlson thanks and nice update
    @junceda I'm glad you're enjoying the detective career, I haven't tried it out much yet. Great update.
    @Evalen I haven't managed to change an IF to real in my games yet so I'm looking forward to it. I almost had one once but my game glitched up really bad and I had to delete. But I'm looking forward to turning Topher real in this game.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hey everyone! This thread is so fun to watch but I have a hard time keeping up with it. :D
    @Odonata68 It is nice to see that the game generated some good looking Sims for once lol The hair seems to be interesting for being a Sim in a world named Dragon Valley. Are there other Sims with that hair colour around as well?
    Dragon Valley has some very colorful sims! I think they are supposed to represent elven folk as they have pointed ears. I haven't decided if I'm going to make them over or leave them.
    Some examples:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

@Odonata68 @king_of_simcity7 No, he wasn't generated. He's a townie that came with the world.
    His name is Dinny Kelly. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Dinny_Kelly

Thank you for that info. :) I'm still fairly new to this world and still figuring out stuff.
    @Odonata68 That is Dinny Kelly from Dragon Valley,he is a homeless townie and they pull bartenders from the homeless pool first if all are not assigned jobs yet like festival work etc.If the homeless pool is fully occupied then the game will generate pudding sims.Dinny is a really good premade and a good father type sim to marry your females too he has great traits and family oriented plus really high in 3 skills even almost mastered guitar and fishing.

EDIT: To say your sim girl is swooning over him like a teen girl at a Justin Beiber concert. :D Seriously look at her at the bar she is smitten.

Lol she does look smitten. She was chatting him up and he looked a little bored. :D
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    @amethnw, love your story & pix! Where did you get that crib, is it store content or cc? Thanks!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @junceda Nice pictures and attractive scenery :smile:

@Odonata68 Thanks or the reply and good pictures :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited September 2016
    @king_of_simcity7 your'e welcome and thank you. :D
    Dragon Valley is pretty nice. I got the Duke of Bows venue but haven't tried it yet. I can't wait to try the violin and the archery range. I'll post pics when I do.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    @CravenLestat always mix up townies and NPCs. For me NPC is non player controlable character, which technically if you're not currently playing with townies, they are :P
    @mirta000 Thank you,Kitty Price is not a NPC she is a regular townie in LP but the one mentioned in a post is a NPC she is a Pizza Delivery girl in Starlight Shores and looks just like Kelly Clarkson..BTW she is the last model in my video I just posted :*

@Springfairy556 loving that tiny house boat! Isla Paradiso never works right for me with lots of lag and sluggish boats, but I love what kind of sweet houses you can build in it. Wish you could actually choose it as a vacation destination, instead of having to move and then move back too :D
    14195315_180321162377460_8543087915835791344_o.jpg

Sims are on their honeymoon to Isle Paradiso.

@TadOlson I love the rainbow in that picture! I know it's a weird thing to comment on, but it's so pretty! Also why does your library have beds?

@Sharee that's sad :/ my own World Adventures are glitchy to the max. I keep on needing to rebuy the adventure board for it to give me adventures >_< . About the whole cheating situation though, I would have rolled with it. Not everyone finds the love of their life in the first try.

@lanlyn that world is sooo nice and green! And thanks for the congratulations :D
    also ghost kids are tragic and nice at the same time.

@Karritz your fairy is beautiful and alien babies are always so cute to me. That being said I really want to enter your game and sell those gnomes. So much money just there... In one picture.. On the floor. That Jake picture will also give me nightmares >_<

Oh and CROCODILE FISHING?! I need to try that some day.

@coco congrats on the boardwalk and those are beautiful pictures :) I should probably go simpoint farming again some day and get some pretty things too.

@king_of_simcity7 100% alert us when the video is done! Also how do you set up a place with that many sims in it? Is it the only lot in the world for hanging out or something?

@ilikethesims30 noo, now everyone gets to be sad :(

@Odonata68 he looks very fitting next to your sim. Both are quite elvish looking.

@carlymichelle do you use any light mods? Everything is so pleasantly bright!

@CravenLestat THAT looks amazing!
    I am like so getting into Harvard...
    Screenshot-4982_zps3ytlklfp.jpg

@cwaddell I couldn't last without power for 4 days. Way too long. That sim hair though. Gorgeous. And happy next week of simming!

@amethnw big families are amazing! I love seeing your kids inheriting that nice blue hair colour too.

@Gernadia I love alien sims! That being said that yellow house looks sooo sweet!

@junceda those pictures are amazing in quality! So sharp! also love the long dresses, posh life and beautiful palaces. What kind of world are you playing on?

I'll post my own update at complete nighttime. But wanted to catch up with the thread first and comment on your lovely stuff :)
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

Back in Hidden Springs, with my Rosalie, Johnathan, Cactus Joe, and Flint game, Rosalie and Johnathan's time machine daughter aged up to a young adult:

Default look:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And after my makeover:
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm trying to keep her in "medieval themed" outfits, as she's still going to be a bit homesick for the life she left behind. Her career as a violinist is progressing nicely. She's happy she was able to continue entertaining people in this new modern world.

Rosalie had a wish I saved to play in the ocean with her son Eric (Flint's son). I had forgotten about it until I noticed it was his birthday, so they trotted out in the rainstorm to play in the ocean before he aged up and it was too late. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Rosalie's third child, with Cactus Joe as the father:
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm sorry I'm totally blanking on her name, as I've been playing other sims the last couple of days. *blush* She is a vampire, Aja is a vampire, while the son Eric is not. Rosalie had also turned Johnathan into a vampire and chosen him as her mate.

Eric and his sister overlapped the toddler stage by only a day, so I tried to do as much toddler things together as I could:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Eric aged up to a child. He definitely has Flint's red hair:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Eric is going to be an investigator/detective when he grows up, so I chose the Perceptive trait for him.

Cactus Joe and Rosalie both got invited to the adult club to sample their drinks:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Aja teaches her little sister how to walk:
    screenshot_original.jpg

I havent decided yet what she will be when she grows up.

I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 -I meant it was great to see you posting here.I had my cursor jump down my page in notepad and didn't notice.I must really need glasses.Great update!

I was just messing with you. :) No hard feelings, I hope.

PS: I just posted an update.
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited September 2016
    Have left lots of awesomes; I really do enjoy seeing everyones' Sims and what they get up to!

@amethnw, glad you recognized the name! You're getting overrun with toddlers :p That's really cool about the little boy in the spoiler!

@lanlyn, I read your blog, that's awesome that your Sims are giving Opal a home. Poor little thing, she does deserve one.

It was Fabian's birthday and William Fangman's cat had had kittens. So Neptune and Fabian went to choose one out.

Screenshot-212_zpsnit4oxa6.jpg

There were only two left and they were both so cute! Which one to choose?

Screenshot-214_zpsxavuvbeh.jpg

Both! The one kitten had already fed here and was sleeping in the cat condo. Turbo took to the kittens at once and naturally, made up his mind to teach them how to scratch forbidden items!

"See that curvy object with a long neck, kid? That's a scratching toy!"
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,037 Member
    @Karritz It's funny how sometimes things in the game show up easily while at other times, never! Same thing with aliens, burglaries, etc.

@cwaddell Glad you're safe after the hurricane. Being without power is terrible. We've had a couple of city-wide power outages during winter and had to use a generator to get heat. ...Nice sim!

@amethnw I like how you put the cribs side by side like that. When I've had two cribs, I've always stuck them by walls. I like your idea. I might give that a try in one of my games. ...OMG! 4 toddlers!

@TadOlson Your painting easels look fun with patterns on them. I've always used wood or metal. I should liven mine up a bit! They'd add more to the decor of the room that way.

@junceda Great detective shots. Love the pipe.

@plushtrap_107 Darling kittens! I have one game with a kitten in it. She's the only kitten I've ever played. Are you a cat lover in real life?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Last night, I uninstalled and re-installed the Now and Then Mansion set, but it still wouldn't show up in my game. Tried again this morning with same result. So I've been searching the forums and found several threads that suggest how to start over and do a fresh reinstall of everything. It will take some time, but will be worth it. So no actual gameplay last night.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    @nik24x7 I hop you mean store content that you are reinstalling.

Once you have it all installed it might help to keep a backup of the freshly installed Sims 3 folder.

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @nik24x7 I hop you mean store content that you are reinstalling.

Once you have it all installed it might help to keep a backup of the freshly installed Sims 3 folder.
    Yes, store content. I should have specified that. And that's a good idea to keep a copy of a clean install. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top