The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @CravenLestat Gracie Loveland was okay but her descendant in Lunar Lakes looks gorgeous!
    I think I have the image of Reese with short hair. I'll try that one day.
    I need to download some of your textures again. I lost some when I refreshed my store itens.

@Karritz Jeremy's a lovely baby!

@lanlyn Thanks a bunch! I've already seen that mod, but the hair is too light.
    I went to simplelife.chagasi and downloaded the extra beards there. (I use his Beards and Eyebrows replacers).

This is the kind of beard I wish my sims could wear:
    94.jpg

The closest I found was on omegassims3stuff blog and it's a conversion from Sims Medieval. I think I'll try that one again.
    Screenshot-118.jpg

I used to wear it quite often when younger. Nowadays my chin beard is sort of grizzly. I don't find it cool for a goatee or a chin-strap, even though I still insist shaving it like those. I'm considering dyeing it.

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I can't believe I am all caught up on all the posts in the General Discussion category in Sims 3 for two full pages! :cookie: Loved everyone's posts. Can't wait so see what else you have all been up to.

I've been dabbling in CAW over the weekend (had a FIVE day weekend and don't go back to work until tomorrow!). I got tired of trying to find stuff in CAW and pulled out MS Excel and started a spreadsheet listing all of the items by location, name, assigned them categories like trees, rocks, spawners, and put in descriptions so I would have an idea what they would do/look like in game.

Examples: (location would be either Game Objects - Environment, Trees, or Effects from the Metadata box)
    name: Ruined Wall - Tower, category: Structure; description: Great wall tower 7x7 x 3 stories tall (unless listed otherwise, measurements like 7x7 here would refer to how many squares it occupies on the ground)
    name: Sago Palm Tree, category: Trees, description: Brown and green fronds, rough brown bark, 2-3 stories tall

I used the old run-down 2 story house and a four story tall billboard for size reference and used the sidewalk to measure the footprint of an item. If an item is less than 1 story tall, I used references in feet based on the height of a Sim.

I know you can use the filter to get only trees, or only rocks, but there are so many of these that it's hard to find the specific one you want unless you know its exact name. There isn't a consistent naming convention for the items. (Ex: Cottonwood Tree is under Game Objects - Environment, while Tree - Bamboo and treeBirchSmall are both under Trees. :lol:

It's still a work in progress, but am thinking when I am done, I might save it as a CSV file and upload it somewhere to share. However, I've not uploaded anything like this before, so not sure what site would be appropriate, or how to do so.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Well, in my game in Dragon Valley, I replaced a juice bar with a professional bar and the game generated this bartender:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I don't remember his name, but I think I'm gonna add him to the bin. I think he's kinda handsome for a sim. He might need a slight makeover, though.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Odonata68 It is nice to see that the game generated some good looking Sims for once lol The hair seems to be interesting for being a Sim in a world named Dragon Valley. Are there other Sims with that hair colour around as well?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Odonata68 @king_of_simcity7 No, he wasn't generated. He's a townie that came with the world.
    His name is Dinny Kelly. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Dinny_Kelly
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    The adventure in France ended and they moved on to Egypt.

There was unfinished business in Egypt for Annabel and Valmae had a quest to catch 2 crocodiles.

Gene headed out for the long treck to the tomb.

Luckily he upgraded his umbrella so it won't break on him.
    Gene155.jpg

How do you upgrade an umbrella? I've clicked on them and all I get is "use." Even with a handy sim with maxed handiness. *confused*
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 You need to put them on the floor in order to upgrade them
  • Options
    I think I tried that too, but I will try it again. Thank you! :)
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @CravenLestat

Here is my newly-adult Ruby Broke from my fun game "Jamie Jolina's Home for Wayward Girls."

screenshot_original.jpg

That's Jamie she is talking to.

screenshot_original.jpg

Ruby is going to be a fashion designer, so I gave her a "wild" hairdo and outfit.

Bonus pic: Lexi Castle from the future. She starts out as a teen, so this is the first time I've seen her as an adult:

screenshot_original.jpg

Since she started with level 10 in future technology, and level 5 in laser rhythma-con, and other future objects in her inventory, I was going to give her the advanced technology life time wish and make it easy. But then I decided to make her a future rock star, so I upgraded her makeup and hair as well.

Edit: I had sent Bianca Rubble, Marina Prattle, and Constance Shelly to University earlier, because they aged up first. They didnt earn a degree the first time, so I sent them again, along with Ruby Broke. The home that I had upgraded the first time was not available to rent again, so I had to stick them in a dorm with four other women. I tried to evict the current residents, and I tried to put a new home down for my four, but nothing worked. It seems the University world is different and requires me to choose a spot for them before I can do any editing of the town. And it wont let me move them after I plop down a new house, nor will it let me add a house after they've moved into an empty lot. I'm not interested in building a brand new house for them with their own money (because I'm not a good builder), so off to the dorm they went.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited September 2016
    olivia being cute she didnt like being interrupted and dragged from watching frozen on her tablet by daddy wanting to play
    hv9ocp.jpg

2i1o7lj.jpg

2q30hso.jpg

1z3yna8.jpg

k2o5qd.jpg

but always has a happy smile
    2nko2z8.jpg
    Post edited by carlymichelle on
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited September 2016
    Last night, I ventured back into Sims 3 for the first time in over two months. I spent the evening getting a new save set up. This time, it's Midnight Hollow. It took me a couple of hours to place all of my favorite lots, replace a couple rabbitholes with smaller versions (courtesy of rabbithole rugs), and I created a new family in CAS. They are the Brunners. a brother and sister. Didn't play them much last night. Moved them into the home next door to Olive Specter. They visited Grimmy at Grim's Ghastly Manor (store purchase). Made a few friends, mostly ghosts. I hope to play more tonight.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,040 Member
    @Karritz Your sims were really doing some world traveling! Great adventure pics. ...RE: heart-shaped pink diamond. I think one of my dogs dug one up once. Or maybe it was just the gem and I got it cut.

@plushtrap_107 Naughty kitties! I love that look on Harry's face.
    @coco Nice wedding! And fun pics of the roller coaster.
    @Nik24X7 Enjoy your time back in Sims 3!

@Gernadia I like genies. Their magic is useful. ...Wow, your male sims were abducted a lot. Yikes! But congrats on the alien child.
    @king_of_simcity7 That club is definitely packed! Amber is a lovely sim. I like that hairstyle.

@ilikethsims30 That was some death scene! Why is it that I rarely see someone die in my games? I guess because I use Epic lifespans. Even the elders hang in there forever!

@thuggishsplicer Yah, I thought that beard mod I saw was too light. Everything seems to be too light or too heavy. I guess unless I use an HQ mod, sim body/facial hair just seems painted on. But the mod you found looks better though.

@texansky I've never worked in the Sims CAW. I've done mod work in other games, but nothing except merging and such in Sims. Have fun!
    @Odonata68 Nice bartender!

@KevinL575 I play both Ruby and Lexi in a couple of my games. I like the makeover (hairstyle) you gave Lexi.
    @carlymichelle That's a cute CC child's tablet. And the little girl is gorgeous!

@CravenLestat I always enjoy the photos of your designs because you also take time to stage them. Love the matching rose and pink colors this time. Awesome!

I have two updates I need to get written. Then I'll share them. But I was briefly in Twinbrook last night and took this screenshot. Dudley, Anna, and Di woke up early and started having a pajama party. :D Dudley was learning a new French song from Anna.

1qffvFF5O7kGIYllUU8F10SNWCzSTKGh4C3AizQ-yZl7v3aPcEgqFsRM5JBygRDTqrES6--J-3hb02dZltRhOh-isY1vQDnvPsTm6_7ao6xxB-4eOz6jOvFNCxEXas_aDEptC1ZqHxRkx5w3fz_sajUQb0niG2VokTIrjVuS8rWh-1zsuRgsBZR1O8JzIi1JXgpbaihsB5NIohC6nPkQxo5yqRdz4qpH6qL2ncpNFodryjtNWM1GqKeFIXdaiiM4bnxKxBIvfVSTsVn28GMkWl5krmCsf1T5TwVzj2W6kRTgE527FzzYEsjfXFbsTIHHyTyRQn8p0ygc95Xc4n_thlEWJ9rF98cNdYVHPnYUoLbRM77T8OTsEicFPQzk23H-wR95eNYvi81y6HTS8NJ0ea28F8gVMW8Bdk4qsymdn1TO1ny7pCh5Bezw6Q4Cy4MCzuvOP6T-BtHdBaCBRzr6WjeGv1uelJgfktJnOcyZxJKpfDPful4Tjzc3v3G_FlLR2jjHU8J1Xnk-09F270toxGsQ0mdHoolxtrAfgLB_zJmEtXA2h6pgaY4_R43Dihc7N7Lr8E1NkHfdhntK5JwTj2v_hw-kUqU1tDl5l2I6cERN3sVDQA=w1440-h896-no
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 and @carlymichelle nice pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @lanlyn thanks for the kind feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Odonata68 That is Dinny Kelly from Dragon Valley,he is a homeless townie and they pull bartenders from the homeless pool first if all are not assigned jobs yet like festival work etc.If the homeless pool is fully occupied then the game will generate pudding sims.Dinny is a really good premade and a good father type sim to marry your females too he has great traits and family oriented plus really high in 3 skills even almost mastered guitar and fishing.

EDIT: To say your sim girl is swooning over him like a teen girl at a Justin Beiber concert. :D Seriously look at her at the bar she is smitten.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    I might of spent more time having Buzz upgrade his fire extinguisher right now than actually fighting fires since a lot of them are in the open outside.
    Fin04cp.jpg

He also decided to fight the ice on the way to another fire... But you know, wasting time on the ice getting over towards a fire is MAYBE slower than going around
    ojOyXIH.jpg

But you know (AGAIN), after work going out to have fun and probably freeze which Buzz Pit seems to find half the fun... I saw it over the distance staring at him, he noticed, he did something to try and go unnoticed.
    iB8Hydo.jpg
    Alt Universe Wayne is that you?
    eVaDipG.jpg
    "Wait... Why is everyone crowding around here? Why do I see so many familiar faces?"
    XXsgnVk.jpg

INFURIATED DRIVING CONTINUES
    wYf8TaM.jpg

Well, after running back home again from that mess of a trip to the store.
    3Hhw4k6.jpg

I think Buzz may of found somewhere smarter to sleep than by a window considering that my house may have a stalker around it
    hQfru0u.jpg

"Answers are probably a safer idea than being watched I think."
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @lanlyn Just my Store/Exchange content. Not my EPs and such. I'd cry if I had to do that again.

@CravenLestat rec'd all. Even with the Exchange getting all borky again.

@carlymichelle Sorry, but that kid looks slightly evil to me. Maybe it's the porcelain doll skin tone/photo filter. She seriously looks like she enjoys murdering people in their sleep.

@everyone Great updates!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,040 Member
    @lanlyn Just my Store/Exchange content. Not my EPs and such. I'd cry if I had to do that again.
    @MoonandStars83 Now see, when I switched to the Steam version instead of Origin and had to reinstall, the store content was the worst! I own the store and had to redownload everything because Steam wouldn't recognize my backed up Origin content. I needed new versions for each item! Awful. But I do like my Steam install now. It was worth the effort.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    @lanlyn I've usually got an oversupply of pink diamonds. It's just that I want one now that I can't find them. My dog doesn't seem very interested in hunting - and it's snowing too which makes it more difficult.

I think I'll get a collection helper. That way if any are lying around on the ground I should have a chance of finding it.

I have previously got pink diamonds from drilling for them. Gene has a digger and can drill but it takes a lot of drilling to find the specific type of gem you are after.
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Sorry I missed your reply but beautiful pictures as always :smile:

@Sorak4 Nice update :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @lanlyn I've got backups of everything (thank goodness). There's only a few Exchange items I need to redownload.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Just recovering from the hurricane. Got power yesterday afternoon after being without for 4 and a half days. The hot shower was fantastic. Today I am cooking up all the stuff that thawed in the freezer. Looked in on this forum and in this thread alone there are almost 300 unread posts. Will get to them tomorrow and later. After spending most of my evenings reading by flashlight I was anxious to play sims but all I did was create a new sim. I'll probably go on a Sims 3 and Civ IV binge, mixed in with cleaning up, for the next week of so.

Hope everyone is having fun with their games.

Screenshot-195_zpsta8j8cjk.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @cwaddell <3 Welcome back from the zombie apocolypse.I have been there after a long power outage/hot water outage that first warm shower after it came back was the best ever.At the time was in West Virginia with my girlfriend and we had gas for the stove but the hot water heater ran off electricity.Boiling 4 huge pots of water then having to carry them to the bathroom and stuff was so aggrivating.Was in winter and lost power from a ice storm it took down power lines and the weight of icesickles ripped gutters off peoples houses.

Yay so glad you are back on the grid...now stop slacking and go sim :rage:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    amethnwamethnw Posts: 114 Member
    @plushtrap_107 Metallica is exactly what the name reminded me of :wink:. The cat in your story makes such funny faces, heehee

@thuggishsplicer Thanks :smile: Half or more of my games aren't family style, usually just a single Sim having adventures. Once in a while I do the big family thing, though I didn't intend to have quite so many kids this time... the game led me to it, lol.

@TadOlson You are probably right that the toddler hair is from TSR - I have a ton of CC from there.

@lanlyn Thanks. :smile: I tend to use a lot of soft coloring when I decorate. I LOVE CAST!! :p

@Karritz I love the gnome pics, lol. Can't wait to see the witch village. And wow you got a lot of adventuring done!

@coco Lovely wedding. Looks like it was a beautiful spring day

@king_of_simcity7 It's really cool to see a sim club actually crowded for once

@Odonata68 He is cute, that hair works for him.

@carlymichelle Your family looks so sweet. :smile:

@Sorak4 Great update :p

@cwaddell Oh my, I'm glad your power is back finally. That sim looks like Fabio!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top