Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Jason had a wish to put Jaxon on a spring rider so I bought one for the family and sent Jaxon out to Jason.
    46202991182_8f802275f1_o.jpg
    46202990712_b5798c38aa_o.jpg
    Josh took advantage of Jason being busy with Jaxon to start getting his body back into shape after the pregnancy ;)
    44436649530_dd92239607_o.jpg
    Ian rolled a wish to take a photo with a friend when Jaxon was born.
    44436649200_196dfc52c8_o.jpg
    Josie came home from school wish a wish to play in the treehouse :)
    44436648950_c7532979e8_o.jpg
    Jason rolled a wish to use the stroller :)
    44436648550_6b5bbfd2fc_o.jpg
    He seemed to be having a little difficulty when they were coming home :D
    44436648180_a89ac56c80_o.jpg
    I had Jason summon Josie's favourite meal for dinner :)
    44436647890_236c4e0c11_o.jpg
    Jason got started on Jaxon's potty training.
    44436647500_9d22486d7a_o.jpg
    44436647420_494dfe2d37_o.jpg
    44436647000_6cb5f9d949_o.jpg
  • Options
    Page 3182

@Springfairy556 Sorry you had to change Hawk but his new version is very cute :)
    Sorry Great Bear isn't working out for you :(
    Well the town certainly did end with a bang! Good luck with wherever you move them :)
    Riverblossom Hills looks lovely as does the house! I hope they will be happy there :)

@PalmArrow Never too early to pick a partner for your sim kids :D
    Iris could use a bath! Cute update :)

@MoonandStars83 Annette looks cute :)

@king_of_simcity7 Lovely scenic shots of Bridgeport :)

@Brandontaylor How many handiness skill points did Celeste get for fixing the sink? Glad she was able to fix it :)
    Celeste sure moved fast for a shy girl! :D
    If you move Bryce in make sure he gets in touch with his other romantic interest and breaks it off clean!
    She can't be that shy if she walks around in front of guests in that nightie! :D
    Dang! You need to sort out that relationship with Courtney!
    Congrats on the promotion :)
  • Options
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Well my friends I have some good news :) and I have some bad news. :(

Good news first! (I always gotta have it first, or the bad news ruins the excitement of the good news for me. :p )
    I have Chapter 3 of my Christmas Story all ready to post on here tonight (which will take me a good 20 minutes or so to do...)

The bad news.......my Aurora Skies save has become corrupted and won't load up. :( Basically it will crash before the green bar fills up in the loading screen.

At first I thought it was some recent CC I downloaded (even though they were from the most trusted of sources...) so I took those out. The crash still happened.
    Next I tried the .backup file of the save (failed to make my own backup file... :unamused: ) and it still crashed.
    Lastly, I loaded up a whole other save (Sam's world save) and it opened up and is running just fine.

So, in conclusion, my AS story save is lost. :pensive:

Thankfully I have enough pictures for another chapter (and I saved Miriam and Mr. Hodge to the sim bin) but...for the conclusion of the story I am going to have to stage it in another world. You can understand why I won't be using AS again. To put simply, I don't trust it! :grimace:

I'm annoyed that I have to do this since I am on a time schedule with this story, but...it must be done so I can finish it.

Anyway, I will do my best not to show any discrepancies in the new world pictures, but in case any of you happen to notice them (I hope not :p ) the above reason is why.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile: Congradulations on the pregnancy and baby/ toddler :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks for the comment :smile:

@emorrill Sorry about the Aurora Skies save :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I was using my phone and they still have not used the mobile version. :( It is a bit glitchy but on my PC now before I head to work :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Gosh! Hats off to you! I can barely do anything on my phone because I can't see anything smaller than my iPad or computer :D
  • Options
    An Aurora Skies Christmas Romance Tale

Chapter 3

December 8th

Miriam (and Ciro) had just returned from visiting with Mr. Hodge and she was so filled with joy that she couldn't keep herself still. She squealed, her hands clasped and raised to her breast, as Ciro began closing the door behind them.

"Oh Ciro!" she happily cried. "Did you see him actually accept my gift this time around? I mean, he totally almost smiled!"
    Ciro cracked one himself, trying to share her same enthusiasm. "No...it's kinda hard to see from my distance, but yeah...," he faced her, "that's wonderful Miriam. You're magic is working."
    She blushed. "Well, I was just following my heart. I mean gosh," she breathed, placing her hand upon her chest. "My heart feels so full. I don't think I've ever felt this happy in a LONG time Ciro! It's just...such a great feeling to know I'm helping someone like this." She gazed into his eyes. "Helping someone find the light in their life again you know?"
    "Yeah..."
    "I say we should have some of our friends over tonight! Call it a little celebration!" she declared. "What do you think?"

Ciro shrugged, not feeling like there was a whole lot to celebrate, but, "Yeah. That sounds like a good idea." I guess...

Miriam, her roommates, and a few of their friends all got together at 5pm, eating pizza for dinner in front of the cozy fire while listening to various Christmas tunes in the background.

After dinner, Miriam and Ciro had a moment while chatting together where they both decided within themselves that tonight...they were going to share their true feelings for each other.

32332381038_eb8180b56f_c.jpg

Ciro couldn't wait! He'd anticipated this moment for years and finally mustered up the strength to do it. He didn't want to miss out on a perfect moment either, like he did the other day.

One could only imagine his enthusiasm when a few of their friends started casually sharing kisses under the mistletoe and Miriam invited him to come join her underneath.
    He tried to hide his burning, blushing cheeks as he approached her.

46153782292_a3509b72ba_c.jpg

This wasn't exactly how he planned their first kiss to be, but who was he to complain?

"I feel a little silly doing this," he expressed to Miriam. He always thought the kissing under the mistletoe thing was super silly and cliché.
    She chuckled. "Oh it's cute! Now c'mon...humor me for a bit." She winked.
    Alright. "With pleasure."

32332379258_feedb3c155_c.jpg

Miriam took his arm, and he hers, each gently pulling the other in for a tender, very first kiss together.

46153781712_72bb1b53d3_c.jpg

They both grinned brightly at each other after the kiss ended, while resting their forehead's against the other's giggling.

Ciro had every intention of leaning in and kissing her again, but Miriam stepped back a little and said, "Sorry. I hope you'll excuse me Ciro, I...I need to step into the bathroom. I'll be right back." As he watched her go he hoped that meant she actually had to go and not that she was avoiding him.

When Miriam exited the bathroom she was approached by a few of her friends who started asking her about her recent visits with "Scrooge McHodge." It turned into a long conversation and while waiting for her Ciro somehow got sucked into playing a board game with Pedro, Angelica, and one of their close friends.

As the evening came to a close, the friends chatting with Miriam told her goodbye, and to the others, as they headed out the door for home. Miriam joined the other four in their board game and once it ended, the last friend bid them goodbye and Pedro and Angelica informed they were tired and headed upstairs to bed.

Finally it was just Miriam and Ciro alone in the room, with the Christmas tree as a sparkling backdrop, and as the clock was about to strike midnight.

"This was a really fun evening," Ciro spoke.
    "Yeah," Miriam concurred. "It was."

32332380448_5f44383c6b_c.jpg

"I take it you're ready for bed too?" he asked, hoping not.
    "Not exactly," she replied, as she got up from the couch to join Ciro on his. "Look Ciro I'm," she started, growing nervous, "I'm sorry I took off like that...after our kiss."
    Ciro nodded. "It's ok..."
    "And...about that kiss..."
    "Yes, let's talk about that kiss," he expressed anxiously.

32332380028_bc486f081a_c.jpg

Miriam inched in closer beside him. "It was wonderful," she breathed, gazing deeply into his eyes, with the deepest of sincerity written upon them.
    Ciro gazed lovingly back into them. "Was it?" he playfully asked, putting his arm around her. "Because...I think I need a reminder." And with that he pulled her in for another deep, yet tender, kiss.

"Ciro..." Miriam whispered between breaths.
    "Miriam," he whispered in return, as he leaned her back a bit, pressing his lips harder upon hers and gently starting to pull down the sleeve of her shirt with his other hand.

"Ciro," Miriam addressed louder this time, causing him to pull back as she slid her shirt sleeve back up. "We," she corrected, "there's something...I need to tell you."
    Ciro felt his heart sink for a bit as he sat up fully now. "What is it?" he gently asked.

"Oh G**," she expressed, burying her face into her hands. "I don't know what's wrong Ciro. I don't understand it."
    "Don't understand what?" he hated to encourage.
    "You are this amazing guy!" she said, gazing back at him now. "Always so sweet and the most wonderful friend, and I've wanted us to be together. I've wanted it for a long time."
    "Me too."
    "But...when I made the decision to ask you for a kiss under the mistletoe, which please don't feel like I was using you for an experiment, I was just...hoping the kiss would help confirm my feelings for you. You know? Be the kiss to seal the deal."
    Ciro looked down at his hands now. "And...it didn't?"
    Miriam frowned. "No," she sadly replied. "Like I said...I just don't understand it."
    "So when we kissed just now," Ciro said, glancing back at her, "did you feel the spark? The confirmation? Because I sure did."
    "I know," Miriam whispered, shaking her head and trying to hold back tears. "But I didn't. I am SO sorry Ciro!" She hated witnessing the disappointed look upon his face.

"I guess," she continued, "you're just too much of a good friend to me that...it just doesn't feel right to take it to the next level because if our relationship were to not work out I'd feel like I'd lose your friendship forever and honestly Ciro," she held her hand to her aching heart, "I would die if that ever happened!"
    "What makes you think our relationship would not work out?"
    "Ciro...it's taken us two years to finally start pursuing the idea," she paused. "Don't you think if we were really meant to be together, we would've known long before now? And acted upon it?"
    Ciro released a big sigh. "I guess it's my fault then. If I hadn't been so nervous to ask you out earlier than maybe we'd be..." he stopped, unable to finish.
    "Aww, come here," Miriam beckoned, putting her arm around him and pulling him in for a snuggle. "Don't blame yourself. I was nervous to ask you out too. I guess," she sighed, "we were just always meant to be really good friends instead of being in a relationship."
    "I guess so," he said, still gazing into her beautiful eyes with a longing expression. "But it sure felt nice to explore the next step with you...even just for a little bit."
    "Yeah," she smiled. "It did...

32332379868_9d4221c88c_c.jpg

...but when you started pulling down my sleeve I was like, 'Oh my gosh Ciro is trying to make love to me,'" she chuckled, "and...it made me feel a little uncomfortable."
    Ciro looked down with a cracked smile.
    "I don't mean that offensively!" Miriam assured. "It's just...it's like what we talked about, you're my best friend and it felt a little weird to go there..."
    "I understand," he said. "And honestly, as much as I wanted to, and boy did I really want to!" They both chuckled. "I was feeling nervous as heck," he continued, "like I wouldn't measure up to your expectations or something."

Miriam gazed upon him with a look of love again. "I'm sure you would've measured up," she said to comfort, "it just...isn't meant to be."
    "Yeeeah," he really hated to say.
    "So," she deeply sighed, "are we ok? You'll still always be my best friend forever?"
    Figuring they'd have to be and because he respected her feelings, Ciro replied sincerely, "Yeah. We're ok. And of course I'll be your best friend forever."

Miriam smiled in relief as they then cuddled in silence for a bit.

"So...should we head up to bed now?" Ciro asked, breaking it.
    "No," she whispered. "Let's just stay like this...for a few more minutes."
    "Okay," he agreed.

32332379698_3a25a6c413_c.jpg

"You know I love you too right?" Miriam almost forgot to tell him.
    "Yes. I do."

December 12th

The past four days went by pleasurably for Miriam when visiting Mr. Hodge, although a twinge of heartbreak was still shared between her and Ciro. Nevertheless they carried on like the best friends they've always been and he continued to keep a watchful eye on her as she visited daily with the ever bitter man, who surprisingly...was turning more into a decent man throughout each day inching closer to Christmas.

In fact the townsfolk began noticing less of "Scrooge McHodge's" negative feelings about Christmas whenever he made an appearance in town and that was a miracle in and of itself.

One afternoon as he stepped into the grocery store just as a woman was going out, he took notice of her bug eyed look towards him; as if she were surprised to see him.
    "Yes! I'm still around!" he said with a little less gruff then he normally would.
    "I didn't say anything!" the woman muttered as she looked away and kept walking.

32327235228_ec3205d3b9_c.jpg

Miriam's daily conversations with Mr. Hodge grew longer, to her excitement, as he was really starting to open up to her a little. Honestly, for him, it was beginning to feel quite nice talking one and one with someone again.

He talked about how life wasn't always easy living in a run down, abandoned warehouse. How he had to repair it from the ground up the best he cold, having very little money, but thankfully being blessed with the gift of handiness.

32327235448_41b27fe233_c.jpg

He talked about his intense poverty...how his job as the night shift graveyard grounds keeper was barely paying the utility bills...

32327234728_2202e10c86_c.jpg

Electricity became too much so he switched to only lighting his home with candles for about three years. Then when he found an easy to fix flat screen TV at the dump, he went back to having electricity again. He longed to watch TV again...anything his satellite antenna would pick up. It was a modern amenity he'd missed greatly and was definitely worth the cost - even if it meant hunting for food instead of buying groceries and selling the pelts.

His story about finding and fixing up the TV reminded Miriam that it wasn't a rare sight to see him dumpster diving around town in the past...

32327235308_9e089d0249_c.jpg

32327234608_19b667b92f_c.jpg

One thing Mr. Hodge mentioned that made Miriam chuckle was him calling laundry the most detestable chore out of them all...(and he had many!) especially when trying to run his clothes through the world's cra'pp'iest washing machine...

32327235068_84be1859a0_c.jpg

...and then forgetting to bring the clothes in from hanging out to dry on the line before the rain or snow started falling.

46199348221_370cb744c2_c.jpg

Her heart especially went out to him as he talked about spending TEN winters in his run down warehouse home...

32327234838_fdf256d484_c.jpg

46199348401_677f56ec2a_c.jpg

...and how some years it was so bitter cold that the single fireplace wasn't enough to heat every area of the ground floor that he needed it to.

46199349151_c97062a34a_c.jpg

So often he had to spend the night sleeping on the cold, hard floor, instead of in his bed, in front of the fire to keep himself from freezing to death.

32327234928_ab7bb6fa7e_c.jpg

How no one ever noticed this man's poverty and reached out to him in all these years is beyond me, Miriam thought. She'd be the first to admit that SHE certainly could've reached out to him sooner and she also knew of plenty of other good and caring people in town who should have as well, but then again...Mr. Hodge didn't exactly allow anyone in to help.

On the days leading up to today Miriam was very happy to learn all of these things about Mr. Hodge and his life, but it disappointed her that he still hadn't revealed how he ended up in the warehouse, alone, and why he hates Christmas so much. Perhaps it wouldn't matter anymore if his heart was really beginning to change, but...she couldn't help thinking how he wouldn't fully be able to change and heal if he didn't talk about it. She had a sneaking suspicion that he never talked to anyone about what caused the hatred...and that's why he was so full of pain, anger, and resentment. There is still time, she thought in conclusion. I'll casually ask him about it when the moment feels right. She could only hope that moment would present itself before Christmas.

But for now things were beginning to look up, miraculously, and she didn't want to rush inquiring into his personal life for fear of pushing him away just as he's barely started to open up to someone since a decade's time.

The ice was still thin and she had to continually tread lightly. However, she HAD to help Mr. Hodge have a happier, wonderful, and memorable Christmas this year. He needed that...more than anyone else in the world it seemed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

:blush:
  • Options
    Back story for Courtney and Jasmine :smile:

Jasmine and Courtney where friends as children

48168194_10155992323686497_887618978141175808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2d99ee8444420be1ac8e60953963ba94&oe=5C9A2FD5

It is their first day of their new school

48206083_10155992323756497_2904795362784968704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=1eeb0fd9b520a1e3f13f0942867b562e&oe=5CA1BAE8

They don't look to impressed so far!

47576711_10155992323776497_2412532560941809664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=132b7a5610d5f9a4612b9f737c9ea873&oe=5C9203C8

Not a bad looking rabbit hole though

48156179_10155992323841497_4155880909037371392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b6f5dd7d74254b38c14202e95de252d0&oe=5CA1208F

One day Jasmine has bad news. She is moving away...

47573214_10155992323866497_6946994886998491136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2768a5b5a8c90afc1bf34bed89237382&oe=5C93FFBF

Courtney is upset

48356564_10155992323876497_3903931285571108864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b5b473a7031c40a6c680359cbf4fd9c8&oe=5C9D29BE

They don't have many friends other than each other

48281510_10155992323956497_2127734997530968064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b56781f25ef669391434d2c91ccb37bb&oe=5CA863BC

Jasine is not moving too far away so they can still visit each other but Jasmine will have to change schools

47684579_10155992323976497_9140617487463743488_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2a98f5a2dd6173f63cc453590dad48ab&oe=5C665576

Courtney feels lonely at school without Courtney

48394347_10155992324006497_4221262143917391872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=69159e817be6a53bde0f171db2d50782&oe=5CB0F6D9

Another girl named Kerry takes sympathy on her as she often feels left out of the group that she is in

47243982_10155992324056497_192966833295327232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=be40adbf0f4d8854bc5cf26e35558ca6&oe=5CAB3B55

To be continued...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I started a thread about the problems with the mobile site and no one responded. You can view notifications but not PMs as well and not so easy to find threads. There is nothing wrong with the way it was before
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @king_of_simcity7 <3

I was just going to say I haven't seen you post an update in a little while (and if everything is ok ) but then you post one. :p

That is a very nice looking rabbithole school. :lol:
    I remember when I had to say goodbye to my very best friend back in 3rd grade because we were moving... :cry: It was the hardest thing I ever had to do at that point in my life.
    We tried to keep in touch through letters, but those stopped quickly, and years passed when I thought about her and found her on MySpace. We reconnected a bit, but she was a completely different person...and so was I. We really didn't share anything in common anymore. That was a sad realization, but.......
    People come and go in your life and not everyone is meant to be in it forever. :confused:

Anyway, sorry I went off like that. ;)

It's very late and I need to go to bed! :sleeping:
  • Options
    @emorrill Glad that you got Aurora Skies working :smile: Nice Christmas scenes :smile:

It looks like your Sims are going through the cushion in this picture: :D

Those clothes on that washing line must be frozen lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill Thanks for the feedback :smile: I have been busy the past few days so not much time for updates. Will try and get another one later but leaving for work in a minute. Another day at work tomorrow and then off for two days after working 7 days straight!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

It looks like your Sims are going through the cushion in this picture: :D

Yeeeahh...gotta love CC items clipping. :p

Oh I didn't get my AS save working again, these are just pics I previously took. ;)
    Lol about the clothes! :lol: Indeed they would be frozen!
    Thanks for the comments. :)

Ok, I head to bed now! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    For you guys and gals <3<3

Turn up your volume click play below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiPaRwx0-Hw&amp;feature=youtu.be

YAT0RpD.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

@emorrill

Sorry, your save went bad, I know how that can be happened to me before too.
    I really enjoyed this chapter, its good to see a bit more about how life is for MR Hodge,
    its good Miriam tries to cheer him up with gifts.

@meerkattime

I saw Sofia and the other guy walking down the stairs at the party, so
    me thinks they did some woohoing lol.
    Thank you for sweet comments.

@Mikezumi

Thank you, I enjoyed the recent updates
    cute family photo, the new toddler is adorable too.

More feedback later.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @meerkThanks for the comment :smile:

@CravenLestat I will check out your video later! :smiley:

Anyway some good news, I can now get the forums to work properly on my phone again as one of the mods replied to my thread :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Springfairy556 They sure do live in a disaster prone environment. That is an impressive tornado!! Bummer that Ryan is upset and that she didn't seem to understand. Did she get a new job chasing tornado's? If so, that was kinda insensitive considering how his wife and child died.

@Mikezumi Congrats on baby Jaxon and another genie. Those genie genes must be strong.
    Pirate! love that little boat rider. :grin:
    Cute potty face.
    Love the family picture.

@emorrill That is a bummer about the save and the town. Sorry you couldn't figure out what happened and that you didn't have a back up. You don't do 'save as' when you save? I thought you did! Start doing it! You can move your saves out of your saves folder to a folder on your desktop to save them for a bit. I go through mine and cull mine after a week or so or when I switch to another family. It is not recommended to keep too many saves in the game folder. I've actually had the current saves not load when I had too many in the folder. It does sound like something was corrupted in the world though since the Sam save loaded fine. Don't worry about using a new town. We all will understand.
    Well, bummer about Miriam and Ciro! I did say that if it was meant to be it shouldn't take them two years to realize it, but still....bummer. hehe
    It is good that Mr. Hodge has started talking with Miriam about his situation. Sounds like he was too proud to ask for help and too gruff for folks to offer it considering how he appeared to them. It looks bitterly cold in those pictures! Sleeping in front of the fireplace in a sleeping bag to keep warm.....brrr!

@king_of_simcity7 Nice backstory.

@CravenLestat Graffiti pattern!! The others are cute too!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

@king_of_simcity7

Nice update

@Brandontaylor

Seems like the new save is off to a nice start, I hope you will
    have fun with it.

@PalmArrow

That house is gorgeous, wonderful shots from the
    world. I wish I could build but nope not got a talent for that.

@bekkasan

Not often I had it happen that a lot of sims dance at the same time,
    thank you.

@Springfairy556

oh a tornado warning, I live in a country where we do not have
    those so it's exciting to hear about those. Lynn started as a storm chaser?
    Cool. Great update.

• Options
    @bekkasan and @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi! Not sure if anyone remembers me but I used to be a regular here. Hoping to get back into it soon! Hope you've all been well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top