Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Charlottesmom enjoy Supernatural. Do you mean you just got the EP installed?

I haven't been reading the forums much over the past few weeks - I'm getting more energy and keep being distracted. I have actually started unpacking the boxes I packed up over a year ago now to clear this room for my new computer.

I'm going out for the day today to get more flower photos.

According to my schedule I need to turn the computer off in 5 minutes and start getting ready.

I'm celebrating for finally finding the recharger for my new camera - the one I bought in 2014 to go on my drive around Australia and take about 10,000 photos, mostly of wildflowers. I haven't use the camera for over a year now, except for a few test shots a couple of days ago. It still works. Yay!!! The Carnival of Flowers in on up in Toowoomba this week and I've never been to see it, so I'm driving a friend there today and I'm hoping to get lots of new photos.

The videos will be there for a long time I hope so enjoy them when you get the time.

I wanted to buy myself a video camera so I can get photos of fields of wildflowers wafting in the breeze. I could use my iPhone but I thought my camera (smallish entry level professional DSLR) could take videos too. I checked and it can so I might try it out today. But I think I'll need a new, really fast card in the camera and I don't want to use up all my space with a play video when there are so many flowers that need photographing.

@MoonandStars83 thanks.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »
    I just discovered today in cheats the bed and breakfast bed, so have made little summer houses at the end of my gardens as play dens for either adults to escape the family, or kids to escape to play/sleep.

What bed and breakfast bed?

@Karritz It's actually called the bed and breakfast cot, it's somewhere (in buydebug) near where the traffic lights are - or there abouts. I just stumbled upon it. I'll take a screenshot of it later if you like, when I play.

EDIT - in fact, I just googled and found this ... https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/747388/buydebug-items-where-is-this-bed-from

I've re-coloured mine and it looks a lot more appealing.

When you mentioned it I thought of that bed but then thought - no you couldn't be delighted to have discovered that smelly old bed. I once put it into a build I was doing for a tutorial video. The sim just gets so smelly in it. It's a very special type of bed. But it was fun to have it in the game for that video - sort of.

@TadOlson
    Thanks.

:o Thanks for the warning! In fact, my female sim's hygiene did go down rather fast now I think of it :D
    Yes, it's a pretty ugly bed, but I liked it in a peculiar kind of way. I'm in two minds now!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited September 2018
    @emorrill, I didn't know you played piano; that is so cool B) What kind of music do you like to play?
    Jensen Ackles looks awesome :smiley: His Simself is so much like his realself B)
    I don't get notifications for your tags but I do try to remember to leave awesomes and I always leave comments :) I don't know why some notifications for tags don't work :( I'm not getting tags from @Cadh20000 either but I'm getting notifications of his messages. I do F3 and search for my name, so that I don't miss any tags :)

@OriginalMara, awww, Moon is so cute :3 Thank you for the link; I'd love him :smiley:
    The other horses are lovely too :3
    Sorry that Captain Ribbet died :(

@TadOlson, glad you got your glitch fixed :)
    I love your giant house (is it a house?) that you are building :) Glad you got your graphics fixed too :)

@Cadh20000, ah...shall I assume Fastdance :p
    Congrats on the birth of baby Heather :) She is so cute as a toddler and her outfits are very pretty :3

@Charlottesmom, ah maybe that is why I can't remember them then :open_mouth:
    Thanks lots :smiley:
    Poor Rowan; I do think that Rosie is horrid to him :( I hope he can escape from her!

@MoonandStars83, she is a very pretty colour :3 I think maybe she is a water ghost or ice ghost?
    Abigail is so pretty; I love her hair and eye colour :3
    Lol @ "Most Likely to Take Over the World" :D

• Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    @coco - omg! Thanks for the Error Code 12 tip! It worked like a charm the next time it happened!

@bekkasan - thanks! I was really indecisive about her wedding look, I'm glad you liked it.

@TadOlson - I wouldn't be able to play my game at all if it weren't for NRaas mods! My game is still glitchy because I play on a Mac and the game was never really made to work as well as it does on PC. I also found tons of elixirs and collectibles I had in a house I placed from the bin before I knew that large inventories contribute to Error Code 12 so I sold the extra stuff. It's also a very old save that I've been playing on and off for years. Moonlight Falls, despite it's size, is really stable for me in comparison to Bridgeport or even Sunset Valley. Not sure why.

@Mikezumi - Thanks!

@meerkattime - Thank you! I actually got the idea for using the art gallery for a wedding location because I didn't feel like making one of my own (my klepto ghost vampire sim pretty much cleaned out the other art gallery....so woops), and then it snowed and I loved the way the whole thing looked. I went back and did it all over again, and this time a toad sim was in the front row, so that was pretty silly. I like the paper bag animation too, I was cracking up laughing. For some reason, having sims with anxious traits (Unstable, Coward, Neurotic, etc.) in Moonlight Falls is endlessly entertaining to me.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Still fatigued and tired, but at least the Ceftin is helping...kick this thing. Finished up the video for "Haruo and River (A Love Story - Part 4)". It's rendering right now. I'll post it when I have it up on YouTube. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2018
    deleted lol XD
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    So my ghost hunter sim had an eventful night of coincidences:
    First, she gets a call to evict some angry ghosts...

from an all-ghost household
    rPr3t15.jpg

I literally had to just click on all of them to see which ones I could banish because I had no idea who was part of the family. Then, oddly enough they cheered as I vacuumed a fellow ghost lol
    M9borR4.jpg

It also took forever because it was a full moon and my sim is a werewolf, so I had to make sure she was banishing ghosts instead of howling and scratching furniture the whole time.

Then she went out with her roommate and took a ghost potion for fun.
    6EgGUeI.jpg

There was also an awkward moment where her friend melted into the pool. Roommates can be so embarrassing! Especially ghost roommates. ;)
    kbKbl0L.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@mikezumi Apollo makes a fine looking dude as well as a fine looking lady.

@meerkattime Thanks for the comments. :) Several have finally noticed the pic on the wall. :) hehe, it is in what I call Victor's study in the basement area, and that is not accessible to casual visitors. Victor was kinda obsessed with his camera during that pregnancy and birth.

@TadOlson Thanks. Good to see the work progresses.

@msbeckycat Congrats on the new stuff. They both look like they are being great parents!

@Silverofdreams30 That will be easier having them both in the same game files. :) Pretty scene picture.
    Audra and Ty look like they are having fun!

@pigletpooh1 Welcome and congrats on four generations!

@Cadh20000 Congrats on baby Heather! She is cute in her new outfits.
    Great nursery. I do like that puzzle rug! Her favorite color must be.....blue! :smiley:

@Emily4331 I like the rocker chic top. Are those teeth on those sandals? LOL
    Bianca is very attractive. :)

@Charlottesmom I forgot to tell you that I really like that hotel. Reminded me of a few I've stayed in back years ago in Myrtle Beach.
    Glad he found a chess table and bear to play with.
    Dag, she is just a meanie!
    Poor Rowan. He needs to run away from home!
    Thanks so much for the comments on Adam and Alice.
    Wedding will be soon.

@Auroraskies Thank goodness for death flowers!

@emorrill Your Jensen looks fantastic! My heart still belongs to Jared though. :grin:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks :) Your sims all have such pretty hair colors.

@CravenLestat Fluffy kitty!! :heart:

@Jazzypoo Colorful pictures with all the ghosts. Sounds like a great night at work. :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Marshall and Jennifer's Wedding

Jennifer smiles seeing how many of her friends and family make it to the wedding. She is not the least bit nervous. She has been looking forward to this day for several years. Marshall is the love of her life and she looks forward to this new phase in their life together. She thinks Marshall looks very handsome in his new outfit. He begged her not to make him wear a tuxedo and to be honest she doesn't think fancy clothing suits her Marshall. She told him to pick out what he would be comfortable in and he looks wonderful. She notices his tie is a blend of their favorite colors his purple and her hot pink. He is a bit of a romantic after all she thinks.
    29924396547_97b67d185b_b.jpg

Marshall runs his finger around his collar trying to make it easier to breath as he nervously fidgets waiting for the wedding to start. He feels breathless looking at Jennifer. She is so beautiful, relaxed, poised and has stars in her eyes. He still cannot believe how lucky he is that Jennifer loves him and wants to spend her life with him. He knows he is the luckiest man on earth. She turns from looking at the crowd and smiles at him. He steps forward to take her in his arms and give her a long loving kiss when the music starts playing and he realizes the ceremony is ready to start. He steps back, he knows he will get that kiss later.
    29924395747_e5cec46936_b.jpg

They exchange rings and say their vows pledging their lives to each other.
    30988320508_9ab5a5cfc5_b.jpg
    44860547271_2f1e2fc20c_b.jpg
    44860546821_f9e0cf47d1_b.jpg

The family and friends clap and cheer for the couple.
    30988319898_b7117e14e7_b.jpg
    44860546361_07778f208e_b.jpg

Marshall finally gets his kiss.
    30988319138_4a75ef98fa_b.jpg

Time for the cutting of the cake. Everyone gathers round and watches the cutting ceremony and then rush forward to grab a slice of the yummy looking cake.
    30988318658_226f708e1a_b.jpg
    44860545051_0386ac4c6f_b.jpg
    44860544441_45b3d91826_b.jpg

The friends and family enjoy chatting after the ceremony. Joseph, soon to be Daddy is being very attentive with newly pregnant Maggie.
    44860544161_c6ed71532b_b.jpg
    30988317428_590bdba46f_b.jpg
    44860543641_bb915882be_b.jpg

Before the wedding Victor had sought out Marshall and offered the use of the grotto which would provide more privacy than either the Flynn or Doe house or the local inn. Marshall thanked Victor for his generosity and accepted with pleasure. He and Jennifer wave goodbye to those who were still enjoying the party and hurry to the grotto that was dug out of the rocks and caverns into the lower levels of the Ballan home.
    44845658412_d9ff197387_b.jpg
    44845658172_3bf8053336_b.jpg
    43083967270_8b6889fca5_b.jpg

They strip down quickly and sink down into the warm waters. They sigh and relax. Marshall reaches out and pulls Jennifer close, snuggling and whispering sweet loving words to her.
    44838969732_0c9f700c69_b.jpg
    44838969442_ce6c581f55_b.jpg
    44838969182_56d522014e_b.jpg
    44168629554_49cedbe718_b.jpg
    44889503391_ee82c55754_b.jpg
  • Options
    Well I just had my feedback all typed out and I accidentally closed the tab:( I am lost now where I left off, so I will have to start at the next page.lol
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @ZhakiraP
    Do you happen to have a working download for the rabbit hole rugs? The ones I downloaded cause an issue with my game to where I can't switch active households or move in households because the "play" button greys out.

I think I installed the right ones.I went into a new copy of the world and I still don't see any rabbit holes.I see a lot called city hall, but its set as a market and is just a decorated building.I see a blacksmith and things like that.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @bekkasan

Yes, it's a safe card on your date with death :wink:
  • Options
    For those who haven't seen the previous three videos that make up the Haruo and River (A Love Story) Saga.

Here's Parts 1-3.
    Part 1 - https://youtu.be/bW12pPECfIQ
    Part 2 - https://youtu.be/oLURQFoE9hM
    Part 3 - https://youtu.be/TiE9Vf9uU-U

AND...now...for Part 4.

Part 4 - https://youtu.be/rUMkInnxSlA
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @meerkattime Am working on a sim for you :rage:

With attitude,a snob named April Delgado, and I wan't her to have a pink cat.Still working on her but here is a preview

7Q8goD8.png

Will finish her after I rest,my eyes are tired.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Charlottesmom I know what it means, but c'mon the noun meaning is bad influence. The other is just slang. :tongue:
    Well now I DO want to know what he said. :lol:

@emorrill Great job! He looks awesome!

@MoonandStars83 Thank you! :smiley:

@bekkasan Yep! They're teeth. :lol:
    Thank you!

@meerkattime They sure will. :lol:
    Thank you! :smiley:

Back to converting for a bit. This time, more cute Halloween costumes. :tongue:
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Karritz , Nope I have all EP’s and SP’s barring katy perry as steam doesn’t have that one...

This Supernatural:

44178100124_cd127517d4_c.jpg

I’m very late to the party but enjoying it none the less...
  • Options
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Very nice sim, Alfredo Morales, I instantly pictured him in a pinstripe suit... been playing the Altos a bit too much :D

Thanks, @ZhakiraP, I think I've gotten a lot more comfortable with working the sliders to get the facial features that I want in my sims.
    It's a far cry from when I first started, I think. :D

My first sims in early 2017.
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Now in mid-September 2018.
    Screenshot-56.jpg

:)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @meerkattime

Hi! :smile:
    Thank you! She is lovely alive too, her name is Liv (life).
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @meerkattime

Nice :smile:
    The swedish sims forum is closed due to low activity, is it the same for the finnish one? I like being here in any case :wink:
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top