Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Karritz oh dag, I hate when I forget the ax and other goodies I have stored for the trip. It is next to impossible to cheat a second one. Somehow the game knows!

@emorrill Thanks for the comments. yup...she loves looking at her hunky hubby :) Date Friday night! oh....that is tomorrow. woohoo....except you didn't mean real life did ya? :wink:

@CheyTheHuman If you don't use mods like debug from Nraas use the reset sim cheat (resetsim Jane Doe) and that will fix the falling through floors....well, it should. I saw several others mentioned it and then it worked for you. Great! Welcome by the way! :)

@TadOlson Great that you will have it done in a while. Thank you!

@Karritz Stay safe from the storm. I turn off puter too when we have those bad ones and it is on a really good surge protector too.

@RodJohn Great update. Muffy is definitely not nurturing is she?

@OriginalMara They (origin) are really cracking down on the 'unauthorized dealers' that sell codes. The problem is people buy in good faith and then it doesn't work :( I hope that is not the case for you. Oh....just saw @Karritz mentioned it. That's what I get for sleeping last night. :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comments. :) I was surprised at how many I have not done, but I plan to get to all of them if I can keep this game running. :)
    Looks like Maggie wants to play in the tub! Beautiful wedding. It is cute seeing the family come rushing over to the party. Everyone looks great in their wedding outfits.

@coco Thanks for the comments. :) The house is beautiful! I love the beams on the ceiling. I've tried that in a log house and couldn't get it to work. It looks super! The big picture of Paris is awesome! Look forward to the family snowflake party!

@Namaya92 Thanks for the comments! Sarcophagus woohoo has become a favorite for them. I enjoyed the update. Madeline is so beautiful. I think it is sweet that Vincent wants his sister to be loved and to love. I guess Cassie is starting to show and needs Ferdinand to see that!

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the comments. I look forward to more of the story. I kinda wondered if Meggie suspected his feelings especially with her wishing he was younger. Does she just feel for him as a big brother or is it more? I know, you are not telling. I said it first. :tongue: Emma will be ok, bless her heart! It is still worrisome for our critters. I think our last cat is now on borrowed time....he is not doing well at all. :cry:
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited December 2017
    @bekkasan -- I hope not.
    But it seems silly on their part to create these retail versions in the first place if they don't work. That's why I got. A Barnacle Bay game box with just the code card inside. It probably originally came from a regular store. Not sure any retailers even sell Sims 3 stuff anymore lol.

BB seems cool and all, but not enough to spend the $20 it would cost to buy it through the web site. (Of course then I would still probably have an issue redeeming the code! :lol:)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @coco - that house is gorgeous! Where are those beams from?
  • Options
    @OriginalMara They gave it away free for awhile too, so that $20 is too much! Mine was a freebie.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Namaya92 -- I have been already considering a switch to Steam... I already have the base game through them (I wanted Riverview).
    But sadly you can't get the worlds through Steam. :disappointed:

I'm just not 100% convinced it's a problem with my code. I think it is the web site.

For research/comparison purposes, I looked up a code for one of the EPs online (obviously used), and typed it into the register a game. Immediately I got a "that code has been used" message.

But when I try redeeming my BB, it just sits there, processing but not finishing. Until it eventually times out my session.

It does not seem to a problem with the code. Which I'm not sure how ebay is supposed to help me with that.

@OriginalMara , Been on Steam for almost two years, got all my worlds with steam installed...you can't get them "though" steam but you can get them with Simpoints and they install with no issues...Steam BTW, is awesome! ;)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Namaya92 Thanks for commenting on my thread :smile: I will read the replies in a bit :smile:

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the comments :smile: I have never played RCT3 only 1 and 2 and 'guests' (I nearly said Sims) only queue for rides.

Also my thread has been left here for the time being so I don't know if the mods will want to move it elsewhere.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @bekkasan -- Wow, lucky!
    And then the deluxe versions of DV and RH are $40! I mean those come with more Simpoints, but I already own the store, so the only thing they'd be good for is gifting other people.

@Charlottesmom -- I have all the Simpoints worlds. :) But Barnacle Bay, Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley are real-money purchase worlds.
    I will probably grab a few more EPs on Steam when the sale comes up again in a week or two. Slowly building up my collection, and also so I can register them for the Sims 3 Store register reward goodies.

I suppose I am just intimidated by having to move all my content and games and mods and etc. and uninstall and install the Steam versions and move all my folders back and hope it works! lol But I will eventually switch over I think to Steam, and keep my disks as backups. (I have never played through Origin and never will).

Anyway, I shall just wait and see what the seller says.
    In the meantime, I can focus on better things, like going to see Star Wars: the Last Jedi tonight. :smiley:
  • Options
    @OriginalMara , I just used my debit card on those, I only keep a very minimum of $ on it so I feel safe using it. They transferred with no issues too... :)

Wish we could gift the real money worlds...
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom -- Oh, I have no problem purchasing online. I just feel they are overpriced.
    And especially now when the Redeem a Code thing seems to be glitching; I'm not sure if it would even work for those either :lol:

Back when I was hanging out more in the Gifting and Giving section, I think someone did manage to gift a real money world. I think they just purchased it for themselves and then sent the code to the person they were gifting. I don't remember if it worked though.

But yeah, such a hassle! I might just live without BB, RH, and DV for a while. :) I haven't even used all my other worlds yet! :lol: Only played in Sunset Valley and Appaloosa Plains, with a brief trip to Sunlit Tides and the University world. Oh, and I did go to Al Simhara too early on with Penelope.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Charlottesmom The old AC stole my life literally,it was worse than any drug.I went full days without sleep I may have even gained weight during that trying time in my life.I wanted and NEEDED :flushed: everything!!! waited for every holiday event watched for every special my house needed the best of the best my museum had to be complete I had to have every outfit.Must fish ...Must catch bugs.....Must visit other towns....

I was a AC Zombie

But truthfully have no time am a...anyway have several games coming I have to playtest/review and have of course instant access beta to all the new shiny things.Looking forward to Phageborn TCG it is a online game and I am a TCG junkie already have that Beta locked,also if you remembered early years on this thread in RL was 3rd ranked in the world Yugi-Oh (Physical not OL) TCG then quit but have tons of trophies etc,and got to 3rd ranked US player in Pokemon (Physical not OL) and quit that too :lol: just like moving to other stuff.

But as soon as Phageborn drops long before it is released to the public I will be pwning :love: GG,next GG next GG ................

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    The Avesnes Aristocracy

“So Madelyn, today is our last day as teens! Are you ready to start with your duties as heir?”
    Vincent and Madelyn were outside in the snow making a snowman, enjoying one of their last moments as carefree teens. Later that night they would hold their birthday party at the pub across the street. Because there was so much snow outside, luckily they didn’t have to go to school on their last day and could just enjoy spending time together.
    “I think I’m ready. Watching Celeste with the twins makes me want to get started on the adult life as well. I mean, I know there’s a whole process necessary before the baby is there, but I really want to be a mom,” Madelyn said. As a self employed writer she wouldn’t have to leave the house much, so it’d be great to have some kids to take care of. People would have to move out first though, because with a household of ten it was way too crowded in the mansion at the moment.
    “So did you talk to Benjamin about that? About making babies and stuff…” Vincent dared to ask. He had been curious about their relationship. It was pretty clear by now it was nothing more than a friendship, but since their marriage was arranged, they had no choice but to take it to the next level eventually…
    “We don’t really talk about it. I think we’ll just get married first and then figure out what to do. You don’t need to worry though, I’ll figure it out. I’m not going to disappoint mom. Benjamin and I will produce a heir one way or the other.”
    “You make it sound so scientific…” Vincent felt a bit sad for his sister. He wanted her to have a happy romance with someone. She was always so rational about everything. He wondered if she could even fall in love with anyone…

Back inside the house, Ferdinand got a call from Cassie. He was happy to hear of her at first, but her voice suddenly sounded very serious…
    “What’s wrong Cassie? Did something happen?” Ferdinand asked, feeling his stomach turn suddenly.
    “I can’t really discuss it over the phone. Can we meet tomorrow at my house? I need to show you something…”

Desktop_Screenshot_2017.12.11_-_11.14.51.13.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.12.11_-_11.16.08.44.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.12.11_-_11.13.59.13.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2017.12.11_-_11.11.20.46.png

What attractive Sims! I really love your Madelyn Sim she is very pretty, makes me want to play TS3 again. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I totally miss the museum! Got a shiny new DS2 XL on my Christmas list strictly for AC...

Crud...L just got aliennapped!! :s
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I remember when I used to wish I had more alien babies...

Nooooooooooo!!!!!! They got L this time! I have a copy of him residing in what is now known as the Alien house (Connor and Jared's house in Appaloosa).

38343057294_abfec86cb1_b.jpg

Dang it pollinator lady! (cruddy iPad pictures, sorry)

39053626301_7c6b707dc4_c.jpg

38343056474_1d276b0a9b_b.jpg

Yeah, she makes me sick too!

24192079417_33a140c920_b.jpg

38343055634_9050000b3a_b.jpg

Waited the 10 hours...the second the abduction moodlet goes away you can tell if the poor guy is pregnant or not..

27276235329_a3a74515f6_c.jpg

HE IS!!!

27276232459_4da4c37ee5_c.jpg

Sorry L...cancelled out his pregnancy, I really don't need/want another Alien kid and could never write this one into the story so it will not be. :s
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • Options
    Wow, @Charlottesmom you are certainly unlucky (lucky?) :lol:
    Keep those boys indoors! ;)
  • Options

I wish that would help, they run outside to see the pretty lights in the sky! :o
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Charlottesmom The last thing L sees when he is about to step in the shower.

UEnZJ3X.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options

I wish that would help, they run outside to see the pretty lights in the sky! :o

Set the locks on the doors so they can't use them?
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Dag! I kinda miss having aliens in game, but, not with the frequency you seem to get with certain sims. My poor Nick got it bad enough...think he had 4 babies before I had to stop playing that one. I have mostly supernaturals right now, so that wouldn't be a big issue. :) I'm thinking about adding seasons or showtime since the game is playing better on hubby's puter with the nvidia inspector installed and the games fps being curbed properly. I'm going to wait til I head back to Midnight Hollow and see how it is there first. That was a lot more lag and have not sent them back since installing the program.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,218 Member
    @Charlottesmom Thank you, for some reason I never see any aliens in my game which is
    good I think hehe. Great update as always good L did not keep that alien baby sicne you already
    have one.

@bekkasan Thank you

• Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    After Natasha was brought back to life, the grave disappeared from the back porch, and I switched the dark wave music to custom music. Charlotte took advantage of the lack of creepy-vibes to lounge:
    25187159048_c05fc1f030_o.jpg

Then it was time for school! :)
    25187160008_8c1dc9a755_o.jpg

Rose got an outfit change right there :smiley:
    39054226961_52549d76f4_o.jpg
    25187160178_6145c84cc4_o.jpg

One of the things I was able to afford to buy from the store the other day was the toddler walker. And boy was that a fast, hassle-free way to teach the twins to walk!
    38172415205_e8216c3f66_o.jpg

Sage learning handiness:
    39054227171_71b7bc61d8_o.jpg

Eddy and August decided to walk their food all the way to one of the upper porches. I don't know why, when there were probably 10+ closer places to sit. At least they did it together.
    25187159528_437ec3281b_o.jpg

No no! They are conspiring against me again!
    25187160458_68d402bbcc_o.jpg
    38172415575_12792143e4_o.png

Skylar's boyfriend sent him another love letter:
    25187159838_5b02fa3a9f_o.png

Harper got out of a field trip to the police station:
    27276852269_f36e2f3bf8_o.jpg

I didn't know there was going to be a prom again until...
    39054226651_061f2c74cd_o.png
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 , I have two in this save both Connor’s kids (he has three kids in this save...UGH!! :s )...I shouldn’t have saved the second alien kid but oh well...
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    The younger pair of twins knew everything now, and they were ready to move on the next stage of their lives: childhood. Two cakes were brought, and as soon as Harper got home from his field trip, he and the teens gathered round as their parents brought the toddlers downstairs. Sage was aged up first:
    38172438735_a9a85ff78c_o.jpg
    38172439455_e8b4f142f7_o.jpg
    38343588614_7eb3316978_o.jpg
    38172439825_5de47eacf9_o.jpg

He is a chubby version of Rylee :)
    38172438875_b9496b0637_o.jpg

Next June was aged up:
    38343588754_f7199b830f_o.jpg
    38172439325_b6b3806e06_o.jpg
    38172439905_17de0fc222_o.jpg

Sage immediately ran off to go unlock his logic skill points:
    38343588874_4624cd79fe_o.jpg

Roses' 4th moodswing ended peacefully! She is smiling again! :smiley:
    38172439345_801c819fb4_o.jpg

After a tiring day, the kids all climb into bed. They have school tomorrow.
    38343588424_3d9cc27385_o.jpg

August knew that now that his seventh and eighth babies are children, tomorrow he starts a new chapter of his life. Although he still has wishes to have babies with his husband, he also thinks more and more about his lifetime wish. (During the birthday party he even thought about detective work in a thought bubble). I have him go and register in his new profession that very night-now is the moment. And tomorrow is his first day :)
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I want to go out tonight but rain has been predicted and all three weather sites that I use and the phone app are showing rain will take place at different times so I can't trust any of them :(

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    edited December 2017
    Unfortunately, no simming today. :neutral: As strength returns, have to get back to getting everything ready...so that this house is able to be shown and sold. Still have the paraesthesia in the fingertips and ankles, but the strength in the legs have come back...though I wouldn't say that I'm coonfident about my lateral movement. That bout with the side-effects of moxifloxacin for the pneumonia have been a royal pain. At least daily, the ups and downs of physical restrictions is becoming less and less.

This past year has stunk to put it mildly other than the Simming portion of it and finding a game that has managed to get me through the rough patches. Anyways...gotta get this blasted show on the road.

Love having a usable vehicle that I can get down to the local liquor store and grab "empty boxes" with. Gonna need those to get stuff shoved away into. It's been great finding you all on this forum who have made Simming enjoyable...

Anyways. In the evenings I'll probably have time to get in a few hours of simming. But nowhere near the amount of time that I've had while recovering; the stories will continue, but not in the amount and pace that it has been.

Update: Just finished loading the car...with soda bottle returns (all of them ours that we've drank that have been mounting since August since we didn't have the car and the fact that I hate looking like a binner, walking down the street with a mountain of bottles (just couldn't physically handle that many bottles either...without getting fatigued). And just realized that this post was stuck in @king_of_simcity7's Emily thread. OOPS! My apologies, king... Feels darned good to have "energy" which I haven't had through most of this year...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,218 Member
    @polrbear The twins were cute as toddlers and even cuter as kids congrats to them.

@Nikkei_Simmer No simming for me today either but during the weekend I will.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top