Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Hello I am back from a long hiatus

I don't know if I mentioned building a house for my 100 baby challenge but I did with the inheritance reward and it looks nice

I'll take some pictures but ti's kind moody lighting.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan Good luck in your quest to make Annabelle playable! I remember it was always hard work when I did it without mods and EPs that had extra gameplay elements.
    I only started playing again in November. Before then I only ever played with WA and LN installed. Since starting up again, I have now added Generations and UL and am having fun slowing exploring what each EP brings to the game. I have several more EPs waiting to be tried and I will install them when I get a desktop because I don't think this laptop could cope. If I were you, I would look at this as an opportunity to revisit the new EPs slowly because I know that after a while it's hard to remember where different elements came from unless they are obvious things like vampires etc. Have fun whatever you do :D

@Puddinroy Glad that you are better :)

@jillbg Love the pic! Is that Craven with your girls?

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom I remember years ago before I played with mods and CC that I had different SV townies stay with my sim while I got their lives straight. One of them was Claire and I agree that she looked good with a change of hair, clothes and some exercise. She got fat again once she left my household, but I did get her and Jared back together for the sake of the baby.

I enjoyed seeing what you did for them :D

Edit to add: It occurred to me after I had been playing the game for some time that Claire is meant to be heavy set and kind of outdoorsy looking because of her name Ursine (relating to bears) :p
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Nice to see that Dye aged up well :smile: Still sad that Hob died though :(

@Charlottesmom Nice update and good to see a new baby born :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom I remember years ago before I played with mods and CC that I had different SV townies stay with my sim while I got their lives straight. One of them was Claire and I agree that she looked good with a change of hair, clothes and some exercise. She got fat again once she left my household, but I did get her and Jared back together for the sake of the baby.

I enjoyed seeing what you did for them :D

Edit to add: It occurred to me after I had been playing the game for some time that Claire is meant to be heavy set and kind of outdoorsy looking because of her name Ursine (relating to bears) :p

@Mikezumi , I find that when Sims start out overweight they tend to stay that way, they can exercise it off but have to keep up with it or 3 days later, they are plump again. I knew about the bear thing because of Sims Wiki.

Unfortunately in my games Claire never seems to last too long, usually one more kid with Jared then Grim just seems to show up to make room for either Julia or my SS for Jared. ;)

I owe you a PM...!!

Edited to say...You killed off HOB!! I'm mad at you now... :'(
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hmmm...
    3000 new posts since I've last been here.

There would probably be a thousand more before I back track and read up to this page. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,126 Member
    BUSY Sunday everyone. But good. :) I spent some much needed time with my daughter, playing, and then we decided to purge a lot of her toys that she doesn't play with anymore. I can't stand clutter...... :confounded:

Anyway,
    @emorrill I have never seen Quadren Leap before I will have to look it up :smile:

@emorrill I remember Nsync very well :smile: I liked thier rivals the Backstreet Boys as well :smiley: Not a bad video from TS2 either

@king_of_simcity7 Quadren Leap? Hee hee hee :lol: It's actually Quantum Leap. ;) You're fine though.
    But yeah, do look it up. It's great and real feel good television. :) It teaches you about history too!
    Thanks. I much prefer *NSYNC over BB but they both have great songs. It was a very well done TS2 video. (Still laughing at Craven's comment about it. :lol: )
    -Regarding your update: Poor Amber. :cry: I know the feeling. Been there.......

@Mikezumi Awwww. :cry: I love how you got as many family members together as possible before Hob's passing. Beautifully written update.
    *sigh* If only we'd be given a warning the day before a loved one passes...oh what love and time we would show and give to them in their final hours. <3
    -What? A "thumbs up" reaction? :open_mouth: I didn't know that happened! Every sim my sim has ever told about their pregnancy was thrilled! Wow, I learn more things about this game every day... (I need to look up more info on Troy because I don't know much about him ;) )
    -Happy Birthday Dye. :) Yeah, I dislike when custom hair does that, but it's all good. She's beautiful. :)
    -I LOVE the "steal clothes" action with skinny dippers. :lol: I make my sims do it all the time, especially to strangers. :naughty:
    -Wow hun...so many names to remember and I'm horrible with names. :confounded: If I get any mixed up I hope you'll forgive me.

@emorrill It sounds like you've been on a musical nostalgia trip lately!

@lanlyn Is it really that obvious? ;):tongue:
    I just miss the good music from the old days ya know? :blush:

bekkasan wrote: »

@emorrill I don't think I've ever seen a Sims2 video before. Thanks for sharing that. You sure knew what the sim was thinking and after the betrayal and fight, they didn't become best friends ala 4. :)

I had some issues with my launcher the last time I downloaded @CravenLestat patterns. So...I finally gave up and uninstalled Sims3 from my puter. :o I saved all the 'stuff' to desktop or the external drive. I still have the game on hubby's puter, but, that is the one that was lagging bad and have to figure that out. So, yesterday I uninstalled and cleaned up registry, did a few of those housekeeping tasks on the puter and then installed the base game only. Game didn't recognize my graphics card so I have to fix that, but, was able to go in game and graphics were not weird or off.

Started a game in SV with Christopher Steele which is totally against my mind set to use ea sims, but, some of y'all do it and decided to see what happened. He starts flirting with Lily Mae or something like that and then somebody Bainwright and ends up with two RI in the first day. He sure slept good that night! It is totally strange playing without my store stuff and without my cc!! I'm gonna add back EP's one at a time and then add a few store items and see how it goes, before adding any cc. I did put NRaas in, cannot play without it.

@bekkasan ^Oh yeah! Hubby and I used to watch TS2 videos on YouTube ALL THE TIME back before TS3 came out. :blush: TS2 was a ROCKIN' game! :star: I know many of you agree with me. I LOVED Open for Business and Apartment Life. Wish those had been incorporated (or better incorporated) into TS3. But those loading screens..... :flushed:
    Man...sounds like you've had a rough time with getting your game fixed and set up again. :confounded: Yeah, when I go without many mods I miss them WAY too much! :) I feel your pain. So does @MoonandStars83 ;) Hope you can get it all figured out. <3

Hi everyone! Decided to pop in and update you guys on what's been going on with me in my real life.

I had a severe infection that nearly killed me. But, I'm recovering from that now, slowly but surely.

@venusdemilosims Oh...my...gosh! :cold_sweat: I'm so sorry to hear that. :( SO glad you're ok! Thank you for letting us know. <3 We sure have missed you and your stories. Sending prayers your way for a quick recovery. <3

i didnt want to wait for my toddler to age up so i used a cake and she went from angelic amazing gorgeous to dora look alike to bob haircut where did you get your eyebrows from

@LibbyMaster :lol: Oh my gosh that was funny! I imagine you put her in CAS and fixed her up? ;) EA's randomness...my goodness!

@emorrill , "It shows my age"...WHAT age...You're 19 years younger than me!! Silly girl! ;)
    **I look forward to the poses of Sam...my brain can only imagine what you're going to come up with...of course my brain is loaded with cold meds so... :mrgreen:
    **You knew Kate and Riley were going to get married, they were MFEO. <3
    **"You're stuck in the couch" LOL! but at least it got Sam talking again!
    **I hope Sam and Donna can talk again but I have a feeling some "new" girl is going to help Sam get over her... ;)
    **The author of 50 Shades wrote the book as a Twilight fanfiction, all the characters were originally Twilight characters, she then changed the names when she tried to publish. The one who wrote it on fanfiction.net was the original author (though it was called Master of the Universe back then).
    **True story....I was writing out some ideas for a Sims story and wondered what the (sorry) s*lu*tt*iest names for males and females were so I looked it up on my iPad and Becky was veeeeeery close to the top on several lists, ironically Chris (my husband's name) was number one pretty much across the board for males...LOL!! :scream:

@Charlottesmom ^True. I'm really not that old. ;) 30 is the new 20 remember? :tongue:
    Yeah...I'm still trying to figure out which poses I should download to the player for him. <3
    YAY! Of COURSE Kate and Riley were MFEO! :mrgreen: We Hopeless Romantics write and think alike. ;)
    New girl? I dunno what you're talking about... ;)
    Wow...I never would've thought 50 Shades was c'r'a'p Twilight Fanfiction. That's CRAZY information! I'm not the biggest fan of Twilight, sorry hun, but I would watch all those movies ANY DAY over 50 Shades and its coming movies!!!
    Plus the author of Twilight is the same religion as me so I feel like I owe to to her to at least read the books. ;););) lol

-Looking at Claire Ursine...it makes me wonder how on EARTH Jared hit that! :lol::lol: Sorry but...seriously. I always looked at Jared as kind of a popular, hot guy that all the chicks wanted...you know? She looks MUCH better with your makeover. ;)
    -Jared's side burns. Painful to look at.... Yes! You changed it. Whew. :lol: He's much sexier looking now.
    The good subjects are talk about cooking, gossip, ask about career, tell funny story, show funny video, rinse repeat until you're in the green then you can safely add in a few more. I can get them full green now in less than 5 minutes, with no fighting.

LOL! ^ :lol: Love it! SO TRUE!

-Throw up on the driveway! :lol: That....doesn't look good after the first kiss in a while. That's probably why Jared was so upset. ;)
    -And wow, Claire dropped weight fast! (Wish that's how in worked in RL!!!!!) And she does look cute when she's skinnier.
    -Viola's cute. <3 Does their baby always turn out to be a girl??? That's sure what it seems like from various people's games I've seen.
    -"River beat it!" :lol LOL! I love your sense of humor! <3

@CravenLestat Pretty pics of your Sim ladies. :)

@Jillbg I love Enya too. :) Nice to see you popping in every now and then and not just lurking. :tongue: It's always nice to hear from you.
    jillbg wrote: »

897b53b7-bdc5-4ae1-a9b8-1acf9ce25410_zpswwwbem8i.jpg

Oh wow, that's a great picture! :open_mouth:

@Puddinroy Hey, how's it going? Thanks for always complimenting my updates. <3

Alrighty. All done. :) I always LOVE all your updates! They are a joy to read. :smile:

I'm thinking I should work on Sam's glamour shots sexy poses tonight for everyone's enjoyment. ;) Who agrees!? :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    After reading @Charlottesmom 's recent post, I had to share this classic with all of you! :lol:

sims_logic_o_812096.jpg

Also B...you know I couldn't help myself. ;)

what_you_looking_at.jpg
    :lol:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited February 2017
    @CravenLestat I love your ghostly pics. I still have the urn. She left it on the floor when she ghosted back into it. I guess she will come out when she is ready.

@Anonymous_Loba24 Wow....sounds busy.

@Puddinroy Glad to hear you are feeling better.

@jillbg wow...awesome photo. Betcha @CravenLestat hyperventilated when he saw that one!!! :D

@krabby_pattiess Grats on finishing the house!

@Mikezumi I intensely dislike the thumbs up as well!! Dye turned out very pretty and love the hair you picked for her. I like Jensen in the sweater and open collar shirt, very handsome. It looks as if everyone had a great time at the party.
    I decided to add them slowly and was going to do it in the order that they came out. But, I do miss Supernatural as that was the first EP hubby bought with the base game. So, I'm going to add that one next and add them back in the order I bought them in. I still have that list on my puter. I kinda save stuff like that :open_mouth: I won't take WA out though. I'm going to try not to add any cc for awhile but looking at that pretty hair sure does make it hard!! I will add my patterns I dl'd from @CravenLestat and @Charlottesmom because I am a pattern addict and the game patterns are just not as pretty....well, some are, but some are not!

@king_of_simcity7 I've known a few girls like that.

@Charlottesmom I enjoyed the new story, very entertaining.

@CK213 Gotta read fast to keep up here.

@emorrill You said "I'm thinking I should work on Sam's glamour shots sexy poses tonight for everyone's enjoyment. ;) Who agrees!? :mrgreen: "
    Yes please.
  • Options
    @emorrill , You Silly girl!!! Thank you for that laugh it actually made me feel better for a few minutes! :):grin:
  • Options
    @emorrill , You Silly girl!!! Thank you for that laugh it actually made me feel better for a few minutes! :):grin:

You're very welcome. <3 Feel better soon! {{{Hugs}}}

190380__UNOPT__safe_animated_apple-bloom_hug_babs-seed_gif_spoiler-s03e08.gif
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I've lost track of which stories I have commented on. I've been reading/ liking/awesoming them the past few days but, haven't felt up to being able to comment. So again I am sorry if I left anyone out.

Page 1163

@Charlottesmom I'm sorry to hear that you feel the need to step away from your Kate story right now. But, I can understand. They just want some time to themselves until things start to settle and sort themselves the way they shold be then, Kate and everyone else will be ready for you to finish their story.
    (Good luck with getting everything on your new computer set up)

@emorrill Glad you like the Unicorn. I actually have that photo as my background right now.
    Yes kids can do their homework on the multi-tab. Best thing is that they finish it quicker too.

@Mikezumi I'm sorry to hear your game is slowing down again. I have been really enjoying getting to read about Jensen and his ever growing family.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    mycami21 wrote: »
    It seems as though fairies fly while doing almost everything. I had sent the family to the Summer festival and this is the pic I took of Katrina rollerskating. There is a vampire there as well and I noticed he didn't have any skates on either.

31982414534_bfcfc54720_c.jpg

@mycami21 I had read about this before. It kind of defeats the purpose of supernaturals going skating - not very well thought out at all even if it is rather cute.

I agree and was a little disappointed when I saw them flying around the skating rink.

@bekkasan Thank you. I named MeiLin after one of my new favorite singers.
    Her name is Liu Mei Lin. Not sure what Liu means in Chinese but Mei means beautiful and Lin means Unicorn. (the character means female uicorn).The video is from her first performance on a Chinese show called (in English) I can see your voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGSbvwtDNo

I thought this was one of her better performances.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEkevQsvddU

She won in week 6. I'll spare everyone the link. But it is another great performance.

Page 1164

@Charlottesmom Love your update with Grimm. Jamie's violet eyes are gorgeous!!!

@Emily4331 Great update. LOL Operation New dad hunt.
    Congrats on the twins. Can't wait to see what they look like when they are older.
    Good twist with Amir and Devin's engagement. Congrats to the 2 of them.
    With Mia's history the household might get very interesting.

@emorrill Another great update. I could honestly see things happening just the way you wrote them.

@lanlyn Thank you

@FoundMarbles Welcome to the thread. I'm sorry you were having so many problems with your game. I hope it's doing better now.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks :) I am still kinda sad Hob died, but many of my favourite sims have died over the years and I know they are never truly gone :)
    How rude of Leanda to ignore Amber! The things people will do just to be popular! :rage:
    Bad choice Leanda! That stuff usually comes back and bites you in the bu.tt!

@Charlottesmom Don't be angry at me for letting Hob die! It's the way I play :(;)
    I am really good at letting go of my sims because I keep the headstones of those I love most and always look forward to their visits :)

@emorrill Thank you :D Most sims will have excited facial expressions when told of pregnancies and some even clap a little but the thumbs up is the most common reaction. It's the same animation used for when sims are told of promotions and birthday announcements - the pat on the shoulder followed by the thumbs up :/
    I don't expect anyone to remember the names of my sims LOL I am hard-pressed to remember them most of the time, even the ones actually still living in the household :p

@bekkasan Thank you :D I also love patterns. The pattern on Jensen's sweater is from a set of knit patterns in package file that I have used for years and love :)
    I prefer package file patterns, especially ones with several channels for greater flexibility in recolouring. I love what WA brings to the game and could definitely not play without it. Nothing wrong with keeping stuff - you should see some of the files I brought back with me from my American computer LOL

@mycami21 Surprisingly after a couple of slow sim days, my game has picked up speed again. I have no idea what changed but all seems to be well for now :D Thanks :)

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    If you controlled a house of four sims and one moved away to the city could you still control the other three?
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , You know I could never be mad at you, it's just sad to see such a favorite Sim go to the great Simmy Heaven in the Sky. I'll miss Hob and when it's their time, Herry and Elis.... :'( I actually envy you for being able to get your Sims through their whole life cycle, I would love to try that...one day. ;)

• Options
    Before Wilky left home I cancelled the pop-up for graduation the following day to see if he would take care of that himself after having left home. He did and I was relieved because I often found graduations stressful, especially if there were toddlers in the house, or even when it was just too crowded. When I got the pop-up for Dye, I decided that things were quiet enough for the family to attend, so I accepted.
    32055528983_db05baae76_b.jpg
    Dye graduated Class Valedictorian and was voted Most Popular :)
    32746466711_7a2096521a_b.jpg
    While the others were making their way home from the Town Hall, I took a couple of pics of Dye and her proud dad. They had been teleported home before the others :)
    32027206974_568c7bf976_b.jpg
    32055523133_29131ace94_b.jpg
    As there was no school for the other kids because of the graduation, I decided that Ebba should have her birthday early in the day instead of waiting for the evening.
    32716591522_c6a2a1e5fa_b.jpg
    32055518763_d162564d85_b.jpg
    32716587722_c14ce28b84_b.jpg
    She's totally adorable with her pouty mouth and freckles <3
    32055515083_a7d5790dea_b.jpg
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    Page 1165 (trying to see how much further I can get before I have to stop)

@Emily4331 Your Leon Kennedy sim looks great!

@PalmArrow Thank you. I think that is one of my favorite pics of Gerold and Katrina as well. They were having alot of fun on that dance floor.
    Huge update time..Going to at least take 3 pages :(

First I started making a really pretty sim ... but only got to play 20 minutes.That is my update ,had several appointments today and a luncheon with teh ladies then had to get groceries and was tired.But my sim is cute just need to finish her.

@CravenLestat Your update was so huge I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it. I hope your arm is doing alot better.

@Karritz Beautiful pictures from your game.
    LOL at thawing a sim with the hairdryer.

@PalmArrow At least Wiliam got a nice looking car to learn to drive with.
    I've never understood why they don't just switch seat to go home after the driving lesson is over. (OK I just thought of a reason. So that they don't try to kill each other with as stressful as it could have been)
    PalmArrow wrote: »

Suddenly he is thrown off his board!
    3a1b2c0d_o.jpeg

699f11e4_o.jpeg

Ouch

@lisasc360 Thank you

Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    After Dye's birthday I sent the family to the bowling alley because Elis wanted to kiss Elizabeth and I found that she was there :) Skip was also there and I could see Jackin about to enter as well. Always fun to catch up with family :)
    32746727101_2567f23d56_b.jpg
    As Ebba hadn't met Skip, I sent her over for a friendly introduction.
    32746725221_1181edcf6c_b.jpg
    I can't get over how cute Elizabeth is :D
    32746723561_567dbdf3c2_b.jpg
    Skip was obviously delighted at meeting Ebba ;)
    32870247135_72c33d197d_b.jpg
    It occurred to me that I hadn't checked on Hankin for a while. He was happily bowling and probably glad that the Sim God had forgotten him and for letting him off the hook from skilling for a bit ;)
    32746720261_1ef051087b_b.jpg
    32829230226_fe19461d1e_b.jpg
    I heard the unmistakable sounds of woohoo and knew immediately that Jensen was somehow involved ;) Yep, he and Troy had found the photobooth :p
    32746716131_e991e1a1dc_b.jpg
    Just as I took my camera to the lower level to check on Hankin again, I found him about to faceplant :p
    32746712551_fc354325d9_b.jpg
    32027437424_6538e7dd42_b.jpg
    He did well despite the faceplant ;)
    32055749613_6f97b8d105_b.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Hello everybody. I'm in air conditioned coolness today. At work. Having lunch break. Time to go back now as lunch is over for me today. I've read this through to the end and gave out a few likes and awesomes. No time to write more now. Probably will be back to comment if reply on Thursday. Happy Simming.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    Hello everybody. I'm in air conditioned coolness today. At work. Having lunch break. Time to go back now as lunch is over for me today. I've read this through to the end and gave out a few likes and awesomes. No time to write more now. Probably will be back to comment if reply on Thursday. Happy Simming.

I have to laugh, half of us are buried in snow (we got 8" or so today and it's still coming down) and half are in the nice cool AC! It's wonderful that Simmers come from all areas of the world! :smiley:
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Well am on in my old game once again my sims used live in braconal bay she moved into sunset valley cause her future husband will be leighton :p even me have huge crush on him lol cause she going change sunset valley future town of tomorrow.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top