Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full Outdoor Retreat Trailer Coming Next Week (A Partiel New One Now)

Comments

• Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    ok i'm really upset, why everything must be about twitter and facebook, why their can't give info in their OFICIAL SITE OR FORUM, what sort of cra-p mentality is that, why in order to know when the full trailer will be released i must subscribe???, i hate facebook and twitter i have both but i never use it, this is a insult, this make have a forum and site pointless if everything is about "twitter and facebook".
    That's where all the little kids who love the game are at.... :unamused:

You need to check out the comments on the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=826532797385792
    There's not a lot of love there either.

Oh that just made my day...
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited January 2015
    This game has the worst promotion I have ever seen. Give us straightforward info for once!!!!!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    This game has the worst promotion I have ever seen. Give us straightforward info for once!!!!!

I agree. Although the last time we saw something it was that hideous trailer.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Yeah, it's pretty rabid and they can post any way they want to on that page without being banned. LOL

That's the beauty of using social media to market video games. No filters, no mods moving unpopular topics, but I doubt they actually take comments on social media sites like twitter and facebook seriously. They still have yet to really take the concerns addressed here seriously. I imagine their marketing people just post and run, as they really can't seem to handle responding to the criticisms about this game with anything other than "no comment".
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    please keep posting for those of us that avoid twit and fb. Not sure why the company itself can't post here.
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    kimmyfrmtx wrote: »
    please keep posting for those of us that avoid twit and fb. Not sure why the company itself can't post here.
    They can, they just don't want to because they want us to post here. :)

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    thanks CLP the song playing is very cute. and now i wonder if the bear is playable?

Supposedly there's an NPC bear, plus a bear costume Sims can wear.

I'm sure someone here will post the official trailer once it's released.
    ahh thanks! i hope those bees come with honey. i hated just getting chased by bees in sims 2
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    Was this the "big announcement" that was supposed to happen today?
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol, well there wasn't much to that was there! Another week to wait.
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtx wrote: »
    Was this the "big announcement" that was supposed to happen today?

That was all just speculation. Or maybe it was announced just not on here (as usual). C'Mon EA throw the official forums a bone.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    ok i'm really upset, why everything must be about twitter and facebook, why their can't give info in their OFICIAL SITE OR FORUM, what sort of cra-p mentality is that, why in order to know when the full trailer will be released i must subscribe???, i hate facebook and twitter i have both but i never use it, this is a insult, this make have a forum and site pointless if everything is about "twitter and facebook".

You need to check out the comments on the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=826532797385792
    Not surprising. I guess people are starting to get fed up but there's still quite a bit of people there that are intolerant for any criticism towards the game.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Not surprising. I guess people are starting to get fed up but there's still quite a bit of people there that are intolerant for any criticism towards the game.

People are become more fedup because they are realizing that the marketing sucks. We cant get a clear answer on anything. And we have this....picnic paradise, oh no Outdoor Retreat being the first paid release. When there has been a lot of outcry about other things that they should be prioritizing instead.

I STILL think the game is alright. But I have to say, the marketing of it is just awful.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Those FB comments confuse me. Do some people really have the mentality of being grateful for what you've got? Sure if the game was free or even just very cheap..but it's not. People have paid a lot of money for it. I can understand people getting tired of the complainers but that's an odd comment to make.

The bathroom does indeed look very nice and fits the vibe but i'm not excited about this. I'm annoyed that many countries don't have the price of it yet, nor a release date and on top of that we don't even have a release date for a full trailer now. I'm surprised they didn't just hint to this 16 second teaser and say that it was coming sometime soon.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @jcp011c2 I agree. The marketing is horrible. They should be selling the product, not hiding it til the last minute.
  • Options
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Those FB comments confuse me. Do some people really have the mentality of being grateful for what you've got? Sure if the game was free or even just very cheap..but it's not. People have paid a lot of money for it. I can understand people getting tired of the complainers but that's an odd comment to make.

The bathroom does indeed look very nice and fits the vibe but i'm not excited about this. I'm annoyed that many countries don't have the price of it yet, nor a release date and on top of that we don't even have a release date for a full trailer now. I'm surprised they didn't just hint to this 16 second teaser and say that it was coming sometime soon.

I agree! we paid for the base game, and now this, this is the test of what their strategy is I think. This is the first paid DLC they are releasing and to me, it's not going so well. Just put out and EP and patch in toddlers and get moving on the real paid for product, EA.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    At least this shows us why there are no toddlers in game....becuz they are spending all their time marketing to them with these silly packs and walking styles and bright colors and shiny objects
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

People are become more fedup because they are realizing that the marketing sucks. We cant get a clear answer on anything. And we have this....picnic paradise, oh no Outdoor Retreat being the first paid release. When there has been a lot of outcry about other things that they should be prioritizing instead.

I STILL think the game is alright. But I have to say, the marketing of it is just awful.
    If the game wasn't so bad, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't be so fed up with all their shenanigans. I definitely agree with the prioritizing. It's all in the wrong places. I highly doubt camping was more sought after than toddlers and family trees.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    While we are talking marketing what'st he deal with the OFB images we saw amonth or two ago? Any word on that? Did they drop off the face of the earth? DOES the right hand know what the left hand is doing?
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    For the enlightenment of anyone who might care, the song that is being sung is "Camptown Ladies" written by Stephen F. Foster. As far as I'm aware, it's public domain...interesting to hear it sung in Simlish.

"Gwine to run all night, gwine to run all day, I put my money on the bob-tailed nag, somebody bet on the bay"
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »

That doesn't mean we won't get more info this week. Today is just Tuesday. I just bought a 25 dollar EA Sims 4 Cash Card so I'm ready to download this when it releases.
  • Options
    Marketing isn't really that much of concern for me. I'm going to accept the fact that EA just isn't very good at it. They can screw up on marketing all they want as long as they fix this game.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »

Well , if you go to a reasturant and order food , you say thanks when you get the food , don't you? same principle applies.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

That doesn't mean we won't get more info this week. Today is just Tuesday. I just bought a 25 dollar EA Sims 4 Cash Card so I'm ready to download this when it releases.
    You are behind the times cat, I did that last month. Just so I can be ready when Outdoor Retreat drops. :p

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    While we are talking marketing what'st he deal with the OFB images we saw amonth or two ago? Any word on that? Did they drop off the face of the earth? DOES the right hand know what the left hand is doing?

Yeah I wonder about that too. It was probably from the first expansion pack. It was only speculated to be a depiction of OFB though? It could be Town/City Life or simply another game pack that gives us a downtown area. I'm confident we will see that stuff in the game though, it was a mixture of concept art and what looked to be a screenshot from actual gameplay. If they have made all that for the game then they are going to use it. It had nothing to do with marketing though, those images were posted by concept artists who were probably told off. I know some of them deleted the stuff of their blogs shortly after the hype began surrounding them.