Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full Outdoor Retreat Trailer Coming Next Week (A Partiel New One Now)

Comments

• MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited January 2015
    Wait...this thread makes it sound like they want more subscribers and only if they get them they are going to release the trailer. That couldn't be further from the truth. The tweet simply explains that if you subscribe to the sims channel the trailer will be sent to your subscription box when it's uploaded. It's nothing about reaching a goal...also sorry but this bugs me but it's partial not partiel no offence.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Wait...this thread makes it sound like they want more subscribers and only if they get them they are going to release the trailer. That couldn't be further from the truth. The tweet simply explains that if you subscribe to the sims channel the trailer will be sent to your subscription box when it's uploaded. It's nothing about reaching a goal...also sorry but this bugs me but it's partial not partiel no offence.

I made a mistake and I mentioned it on page 1 but at first it sounded like they said they needed more subscribers. I changed the title of my post.

• Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    OR-Render1.png

Those shoes would kill your feet if you went hiking in them , but they are awesome.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
    Those shoes are new. They look like shoes you'd use to hike in. Ollie doesn't have any like that. I hope their available for the male sims as well.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just saw on twitter from Simguru Sarah there is a new survivorlest trait with Outdoor Retreat. Still can't link but I retweeted it. I'm sharkloverplayer on twitter.

survivor trait? Like brave maybe?

Those shoes are new. They look like shoes you'd use to hike in. Ollie doesn't have any like that. I hope their available for the male sims as well.

the chicks shoes are not something you'de want to hike in
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I'm not sure I understand "the mini trailer to promote a bigger trailer" tactic. I haven't been enamoured with TS4 marketing since the demo distribution debacle.

I'm not sure if EA intends to inflame the fan base, but that's what these tactics seem to achieve.

I just hope next week's trailer is full of info and a release date.

It just goes to show that they are trying to make this into some kind of major release, but it doesn't really consist of enough to actually deserve such an approach. Their marketing team has been unable to successfully market the game since May 2013 when the game was announced and no details were given.

I had hope for this game, but Maxis seems absolutely clueless about what their players are asking for. The outdoor retreat game pack has been old news since they leaked it's existence in June of this year, why we still don't have a release date is ridiculous. The huge disconnect between developers and us customers leaves me baffled and turned off to the thought of spending anymore money on a game that will never get better.
  • Eef97Eef97 Posts: 325 Member
    edited January 2015
    Outdoor Retreat sounds fine and all but there are some very serious bugs that need to be fixed either first or with the release. Don't need bugs stacking up now.
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    Once again nothing but hype and no bite. That's par for the coarse. Sims 4 is "all hype and no bite." They should use that as their main logo. LOL.
  • alfardialfardi Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Neighborhood is a joke. Lol.

Oops wrong thread-_-
    I hope we get some new info today.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Im hugely underwhelmed
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited January 2015

It just goes to show that they are trying to make this into some kind of major release, but it doesn't really consist of enough to actually deserve such an approach. Their marketing team has been unable to successfully market the game since May 2013 when the game was announced and no details were given.

I had hope for this game, but Maxis seems absolutely clueless about what their players are asking for. The outdoor retreat game pack has been old news since they leaked it's existence in June of this year, why we still don't have a release date is ridiculous. The huge disconnect between developers and us customers leaves me baffled and turned off to the thought of spending anymore money on a game that will never get better.

I agree, I would have preferred I full trailer with a release date, with a quiet launch. I shudder to think what horrors are planned for the first expansion pack release. Particularly since every attempt at publicity has been mangled thus far.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    If they would just understand, that all the customers "we the players" want is straight forward information and not this nit picky stuff. I just want to know what's coming out and when so I have something to look forward to, not this maybe ,sometime stuff. This is just what I would like to see them do and hey they want to throw in some screenshots or trailer then that would be great too.
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member

I agree, I would have preferred I full trailer with a release date, with a quiet launch. I shudder to think what horrors are planned for the first expansion pack release. Particularly since every attempt at publicity has been mangled thus far.

If they even make an ep. By the looks of things, they can make about a third more money by selling you gp's instead of ep's. Break up ep's into thirds at $20 a pop. Have they even said anything about making ep's for this game? I thought I read somewhere that gp's was the way they were going to do things. I could have read that wrong though.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    The coverart is out today. It s on Simsvip and also amazon has it listed as a placeholder.
    At least you should have linked the image. For all the other lazy people out there myself included. Here it is... Looks pretty generic.
    OR-Render1.png
    Is she wearing high heels hiking boots, or is that just a long shadow that's behind her left foot? :\
    Update: She does have on hiking boots that have high heels. High heel hiking boots, that's a new one. :)

At first I thought it was just one of the twigs from the log showing behind the heel, but yeah, think it might be high heel hiking boots. Would be good for Snob Sims dragged out into the wilderness -- I could totally see Nancy Landgraab in a pair. :p Hope we'll get some traditional hiking boots though for men, women, and especially children.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    MrSimmis wrote: »

I didn't get that feeling either -- just letting people know if they subscribe they'll get notified right away when the trailer's posted. It could be they're doing fine tuning on the game this week (now that just about everyone's back from the holidays) so they might not be quite ready to release the trailer.

VertKiller wrote: »

If they even make an ep. By the looks of things, they can make about a third more money by selling you gp's instead of ep's. Break up ep's into thirds at $20 a pop. Have they even said anything about making ep's for this game? I thought I read somewhere that gp's was the way they were going to do things. I could have read that wrong though.

I got the feeling from Grant's statements that Game Packs are an additional way of getting content; we'll still have EPs and SPs as well.

I see GPs as the equivalent of the extra Worlds we got from the Sims 3 Store; those included a world, some new Sims, and the later ones included additional gameplay in the form of premium content. And along with those we had the premium venues. I see both of those being incorporated in the GPs.

There'll probably be themes that need the full EP treatment -- things like Seasons, University, Pets, and such. Maybe even a Nightlife/On the Town pack if they want to add apartments as a new housing type. But additional vacation spots could easily get the GP treatment, along with a sports pack (adding basketball, volleyball, pool activities, etc.) or a pack adding additional family interactions and activities.
    They sure are keeping this GP under wraps. Sadly it looks like no new info till next week.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    It's coming out next week?

Don't think this GP will help EA, but I do want to see how bad or good this will be ...
    I hope we get beehives.

• Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Well I just noticed they took down the "ask the guru about pools thread" Was hoping to see a new thread about the new pack, wishful thinking :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
    The Gurus are supposed to be fully back online next week (I think Grant's the only one still on vacation) and there'll be a new Ask a Guru thread then. Maybe Tuesday morning will be the trailer release, then people can ask questions about Outdoor Retreat in the thread with a release on Thursday or Friday.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope we get some new info today.

only more three days till next week can't wait to see that trailer with the release date on it :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    LaAbby wrote: »
    It's coming out next week?

Don't think this GP will help EA, but I do want to see how bad or good this will be ...

No the trailer is coming next week. The GP is coming the following week or the one after that. They said yesterday later this month.