Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Brendy927 wrote: »

My next WIP is another historic house. I'm trying to build the Gamble House in game as it has very pretty gardens that I'm going to try to emulate. It was built in the early 1900's as a winter retreat for the Gamble family and is very much a craftsmen house and made entirely of wood. It's very pretty in real life.

[<pics removed>

Here's what I have so far. I tried to make the layout the same as what I saw in blueprints but I've abandoned that idea as the lot (50X40) might not have been the best choice and I'm going to furnish it somewhat like a modern house but with old looking floors and walls. For the garden I'm going to be doing some changes as well and maybe change the decks a bit and add lots of green flora everywhere to make it look overgrown.

<pics removed>

That looks fantastic, you've done a really good job of making it look exactly like the picture (and that's not easy,I'm working from plans and they never turn out the same :neutral: ).
  • Options
    iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for your lovely comment as always dear Rosemow :)

@StSciurus I really like doing historical pieces and recreating them as best I can in the game:) That's fantastic that you made the Darcy family. Are you going to do a storyline with them once they're moved in? I'd love to read or watch something like that. It would be great!

@jeepjeepcat It was really hard to get it to look right and then the inside was a mess for a bit, lol. I'm working on the layout right now for the interior and I decided to almost completely ignore the blueprint. I think the most important part is to focus on a few key elements that have to look alike and then kind of take it by the seat of your pants for the rest. I'm also sure your builds look more like the blueprints than you think they do.
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Brendy927 wrote: »
    Are you going to do a storyline with them once they're moved in? I'd love to read or watch something like that. It would be great!

The whole reason for creating Pemberly was because I had a storyline in mind. I'm not sure how far I'll get with an actual story, but stay tuned! :)
  • Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Wow, some lovely stuff on this thread!

I have finished The Luxor Art Deco Cinema (Now available in the gallery).
    Enjoy a coffee, or grab a beer or glass of wine before catching the main feature! Here are a few screen shots.

24856293503_a0bc6b677a_b.jpg

25187431410_c88c308d3d_b.jpg

25456876896_2eb2bd3036_b.jpg

25115463579_ae732f5d9c_b.jpg

24856294593_0d903169bc_b.jpg
    Gallery Link.
  • Options
    @StSciurus I will! I love the Darcy's.

@Oblongaman I was waiting for you to finish this. I'm going to pick it up right away!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is great that you have finished your WIP. The exterior design of Luxor Art Deco Cinema looks so very nice! @Oblongaman :) It reflects the Art Deco theme so very well! The front entrance area looks so very great! I have posted about your build on your showcase thread.
  • Options
    Fabulous cinema, @Oblongaman ! :) I will give it a fav the next time I go to the gallery.
  • Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks @rosemow @StSciurus @Brendy927 I'm pleased you guys like the Luxor Art Deco Cinema! Thanks for the feedback!
    I'm trying to catch up with this thread - so much happening and so many nice builds!

@jeepjeepcat Casa Agridulce looks fantastic so far. Can't wait to see how that progresses. Your un-named house also looks fab. I love the design of both of them.

@Soraya4sims they all look great. The Spanish, Californian house looks such a great place to live. Especially on that Island.

@Brendy927 The Gamble house looks lovely, you've done a great job so far. I love the lily pond corner and I am intrigued by the porch covering (diamond shapes) - I don't know how to describe it sorry but it looks very inventive!

@StSciurus Pemberly looks very grand, lots of detail. A perfect English country house. I look forward to checking it out in-game.
  • Options
    Oblongaman wrote: »

Enjoy a coffee, or grab a beer or glass of wine before catching the main feature! Here are a few screen shots.

<pics removed>
    Gallery Link.

I'll definitely grab this off the gallery, I only got the movie pack yesterday so no cinemas in my game yet :smiley:

• Options
    Oblongaman wrote: »

<pics removed>
    Gallery Link.

I'll definitely grab this off the gallery, I only got the movie pack yesterday so no cinemas in my game yet :smiley:

It is great that you now have the Movie Stuff pack items in your game! @jeepjeepcat :) Your sims will enjoy watching movies and eating popcorn that they have made! The bohemian style furnishings are very nice to use in builds.
  • Options
    I'm actually making another house, so that's 3 on the go. I'm working on them all depending on my mood. This is another one I won't be landscaping until I drop it into Windenberg. I'm building on a 30 x 40 lot (or 40 x 30 - I forget which) and I'm thinking of the 64 x 64 lot on the island in Windenberg so there'll be lots of outside space to do once I get the expansion.

03-04-16_10-39-36nbspAM.png
  • Options
    Very grand, @jeepjeepcat ! :) What will you do with the ground floor (with all of those lovely arches)?
  • Options
    @StSciurus On the plans it's a games room and 2 guest rooms but since we don't have pool tables yet I'm thinking of an artists studio. It's pretty small since the arches are outside and there's an inner set of walls. It looks pretty grand but after following the plans there's not a great deal of inside space. Probably a main bedroom and a box room (thankfully the ground floor will fit 2 more) and after the kitchen, dining room, lounge and a bathroom there won't be a great deal of space left. I'm thinking a study/skilling room. I couldn't get the roof exactly as the plans due to build mode limitations, same with the stairs (they're more two sets of stairs with a little landing on the plans).
  • Options
    @jeepjeepcat This house looks very interesting and elegant. The roofing looks good even though you said it didn't look like the plans I think you did a good job compensating for the games limitations (com'on round roofs, or heck even octagonal) This is going to be a really pretty build.
  • Options
    Your newest WIP looks very nice! @jeepjeepcat :) Very nice design of the home! The roofing looks very nice! It looks nice how the arches are in the build. Having the flights of stairs on both the left and right hand sides of the home gives a very nice look to the build. The upper balcony looks great.
    I will look forward to seeing updates on your WIP homes :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Some updated pics of Casa Agridulce, I'm almost finished furnishing but no landscaping really, at least not yet!

03-04-16_7-25-24nbspPM.png
    03-04-16_7-25-31nbspPM.png
    03-04-16_7-25-36nbspPM.png

I'm probably working on the new one (sorta beachy one) tonight :smile:

Edit - why is it censoring b e a c h y ?
    Post edited by jeepjeepcat on
  • Options
    The build is continuing to look very nice! @jeepjeepcat :) Very nice layout of the build. The roofing looks great! It is great that there is a sunken pool and hot tub patio in the build. The front entrance to the home looks nice. The exterior of the separate building looks very nice!
    Enjoy working on your new WIP tonight :)
  • Options
    I have a confession to make... my new build was too big. I had a change of plan and have decided the heir will move out and leave the others the house and most of the dosh. It's because of this the new build is too big and much too expensive. Since I got get together a day early (yay!) I've decided to build a smaller beach style home and pop it onto the 64 x 64 lot on the island and make it a bit more affordable. If I put it on the 64 x 64 lot there's plenty of space to expand later on when he needs more space and has more money.

I've called it Esperanza (hope) and will move it to the spot I want it on the lot when I'm finished building it so I can landscape. There is a tiny placeholder basement with stairs down underneath the house because I wanted to fiddle with an outside entrance.

03-05-16_9-02-28nbspPM.png
    front

03-05-16_9-04-30nbspPM.png
    back (basement stairs underneath the house.)

03-05-16_9-30-53nbspPM.png
    Basement, not sorted at all, just wanted the stairs open (deleted ground) so they led down to a basement with an outside door.

I've sorted rooms and wallpapered, carpeted etc. but no furniture yet.
  • Options
    Your new WIP Esperanza is looking very nice! @jeepjeepcat :) Very nice design of the home! The roofing and upper level looks very nice! The windows look nice how they are placed in the build. It looks great how the home is built on stilts! It is nice that you are bullding a beachstyle home.
    It is very nice that you now have Get Together! :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm finally inserting clutter into my house but one of the first things you should always do is put in a fire alarm, fire extringuisher and fire safety poster. That way it's so much more amusing when they start screaming and panicing during a fire.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm finally inserting clutter into my house but one of the first things you should always do is put in a fire alarm, fire extringuisher and fire safety poster. That way it's so much more amusing when they start screaming and panicing during a fire.

Hello @Loanet. The fire clutter decor items add a great look to the home. I hope that you don't have any fires whilst building/play testing your home and lose your building work because of fire damage. It is a good idea to keep saving when building, in case fire issues occur.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »

I'm a long way from placing clutter but remembered the fire panel thingee. One of my first families perished in a child science table related fire incident :unamused: so I tend to make sure they can afford it straight away, no tv, no oven (cereal for all!) but the fire panel was a must :smile:

• Options
    I've done a small amount of landscaping. Basically I've moved Donatello in and any landscaping / furnishing is dependant on what he earns so he has a new pool I've made look like a pond and a bunch of trees to cover the space. I'll be doing a little bbq / seating area once he's earnt a bit of cash :smile:

donatellopondswim.jpg
  • Options
    Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    Hi all. Just wanted to share a few pic from my current WIP. These pics are of finished rooms in my *MEGA* build, Foxbridge Castle. I have been working on this BEAST daily Since February 2nd. I think I have about 40+ hours in it and it's still in need of Basement, Landscaping and Roofing!

2uhve9t.jpg
    Dining Hall view 1

mkx5e9.jpg
    Dining Hall view 2

2ez02vt.jpg
    Main Drawing Room view 1
    2usebzd.jpg
    Main Drawing Room 2

I look forward to sharing the finished product with you all :)

• Options
    Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    I have a confession to make... my new build was too big. I had a change of plan and have decided the heir will move out and leave the others the house and most of the dosh. It's because of this the new build is too big and much too expensive. Since I got get together a day early (yay!) I've decided to build a smaller beach style home and pop it onto the 64 x 64 lot on the island and make it a bit more affordable. If I put it on the 64 x 64 lot there's plenty of space to expand later on when he needs more space and has more money.

I've called it Esperanza (hope) and will move it to the spot I want it on the lot when I'm finished building it so I can landscape. There is a tiny placeholder basement with stairs down underneath the house because I wanted to fiddle with an outside entrance.

03-05-16_9-02-28nbspPM.png
    front

03-05-16_9-04-30nbspPM.png
    back (basement stairs underneath the house.)

03-05-16_9-30-53nbspPM.png
    Basement, not sorted at all, just wanted the stairs open (deleted ground) so they led down to a basement with an outside door.

I've sorted rooms and wallpapered, carpeted etc. but no furniture yet.

@jeepjeepcat One thing I miss about TS3 is the ability to build on the beach. Your lot would be perfect for that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top