Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    bring them back please :(

EkRroOz.jpg

The first picture is sims 2 :lol::lol: but yes bring it back.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    More things that I didn't have stated before in my last post.
    My married or otherwise in a relationship sims should not automatically flirt with other sims. While at work or whatever and when I do not have the feature where my sims can make their own choices on. If I make them do everything they do then they shouldnt be showing that they are in a romantic relationship with anyone besides their spouse.
    Plus as has been stated previously in another thread sexual preference should be a thing. Maybe make it part of CAS where you can put them down as straight, homosexual, or bisexual. That way IF they flirt it would only be with those of the sex they're interested in. While I get that we now have the whole male/female/both/neither system in place which would make it complicated something should be able to be done.
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    100% agree with adding more than 5 lots to a neighborhood. There should be another 5 additional "vacant" lots in each neighborhood, that I can decide what to do with them. So if I want to add 3 more homes & 2 venues or 1 home & 4 venues, then that should be an option. I do miss being able to build multiple homes and moving in sims I have created to populate my hood.
  • Options
    Sims2ForeverSims2Forever Posts: 11 New Member
    @Babiephat wow I cannot even express how on the same page we are. I also bought a very nice computer with playing The Sims being my number one "other than work" objective.. And I've spent more time in these forums trying to figure out what wrong with the game than I have playing (..or so it feels). I played TS2 equally between console and PC, and I played TS1 like a lunatic as many others have. I also had to have a similar conversation with a friend who is a new player, and it broke my heart. This game introduced me to gaming, and now I'm not even sure what I'm playing anymore and I don't know how to describe it.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Fixing the reaction AI. I think it's getting a bit better, but it still needs work.

And I will keep posting the obligatory toddlers comment.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member

:) Thank you to the developers, in advanced, for reading and considering my ideas in this long post. :)

Aspirations
    Nature category: Green Thumb -- Able to plant trees like cheery blossoms and palms. Able to plant the Death Flower. Able to make unique plants by "breeding" two plants together. Can sell plants to a botanical garden or a botany school to have students conduct research. *Side Note: I have noticed that there is a Super Green Thumb trait in the Rewards Store, but I think it would be more fun and meaningful if the was an aspiration that directly correlates with it besides the Freelance Botanist aspiration*

Nature category: Zoologist -- Able to feed wild animals from your sims hand and animals do not attack your sim (This aspiration could be used when on a vacation or when visiting a zoo). Able to own wild animals as pets, can have the option of owning a circus and training the animals to perform tricks. *Side Note: This Aspiration could be included in a new Expansion Pack or Game Pack that feature the ability to create a zoo and/or a circus.*

Athletic category: Wellness Guru -- Able to stay fit longer than average sims and discounts on vegetarian foods. Can make money form leading a yoga class.

Love category: Giver of Compassion -- Able to give help to any sim at a low price (an example: able to make $50 max when giving thoughtful counsel). Able to donate to a foundation and gain a reward for doing so (example of a reward: Free trophy that will boost happy emotions).

Creativity category: Sensational Singer -- Able to sing and have a group of sims admire you, sing along while listening to your sim sing (the sims listening to you would have the freedom to join, independent of your sim choosing them to sing). Able to give singing lessons and get paid. Able to create a new song and hear it on the radio (have your sim "sing a new tune and write the lyrics" then send it to a radio station via the computer or mailbox. When the song is approved by the radio station then you can choose the genre of song and be able to listen to it on a stereo. Your sim will be paid a daily royalty).

Food Category: Master Baker -- Able to make create successful unique recipes that will boost a Bakery sales. (similar process as "sing a new tune and write the lyrics"). Able to walk away from the stove and perform other tasks and not have a fire ignite.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    lethalsilencelethalsilence Posts: 9 New Member
    What I'd love to see:

give option to tell NPC sims to leave my property.
    terrain tool
    pond tool
    more color/design option for items/walls/floors
    color customization for clothing
    police station and career, fire station, military base and career.
    toddlers
    open world to explore town
    •] more lots

PLEASE EA/MAXIS THIS THREAD HAS BEEN OPEN FOR TWO YEARS. Be a good company and actually listen to the community! The modding community has done so much! I just don't want to search hours on end searching, hoping whatever I download will work and don't have to sorry about the modder discontinuing or not updating. I played Sims 4 in 2015 and was incredibly disappointed.. Waited until just recently to play again.. And disappointed is what little has been improved. Grateful for some updates but come on.. A $40 DLC that's almost the price of a whole new game... Please.. I beg of you...
  • Options
    Also would be nice to have a poll if its possible for top suggestions so its easier to see what's more requested
  • Options
    OMG lol they updated, adding toddlers. GG
  • Options
    brutumfulmenbrutumfulmen Posts: 6 New Member
    I'd really like to be able to modify apartment hallways, doors, and windows. Being able to build our own apartment complexes would be great too. I bought City Living a few weeks ago and was incredibly disappointed with the build restrictions. Oh, and the fixed items in the apartments need to be able to be removed. I know that some can be removed using MC Command Center, but not all. For example, I don't want that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 plaque on my wall.

I enjoy The Sims for the build features and now there are ridiculous limitations. I've read a lot of posts from people saying that it would be unrealistic to modify apartments because "you're only renting" or "the landlord would get angry". Since when has The Sims 4 been realistic?
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    something i feel like that needs to be adressed is shorter teens.
  • Options
    HaileydazeHaileydaze Posts: 1 New Member
    They need to get rid of all those annoying loading screens, they do make sense when u wanna travel into another world, but not when u just wanna visit the park or a neighboor. I hope for an open neighboorhod like in the sims 3. And also vampires are great, but it'd be soo much better when they added other supernatural creatures like witches, fairys and werewolfs too. Maybe even mermaids could become a thing one day in an island expansion pack, i'd love to see that.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    One of my biggest peeves is the hidden Thirst trait (and tolerable Better Teen stage) and a removal of the thirst or a method to turn it off (without the means of a mod that either stops being updated or breaks) would allow me to delve into the world of the Sims again.

Has been months and months since I last played and purchased any packs/expansions for TS4.

Seeing as they finally brought back Toddlers via patch tempted me, but I remember the insufferable times I had playing, having to micro manage each Sim that would grab a glass of water / OJ / Milk without prompting, leaving cups all over the lot, making Steel Bladder useless and creating foul moodlets within the area (and having to squint at my screen to find these see-through cups).

Do something about the thirst & I'd be more than thrilled to jump back into the world of the Sims <3
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    AngelSereneAngelSerene Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be great if I wanted to put a pool in a gym that the Sims actuallyou acknowledged it as part of the community lot and swam in it. Or I want to put a bar at a pool lot, that an actual bartender were there to serve guests. Maybe this can be achieved by allowing us to choose more than one lot type for a particular lot. Say allow us to choose gym and pool (check box selection) or restaurant/bar.
  • Options
    emokitten2768emokitten2768 Posts: 29 Member
    I have an idea where like in ts2 where if the sim would complete his/her Aspirations their thumbstone would be different and unique I believe we should bring it back in the ts4 we have different tombstones for aliens why not for going above and beyond in their have some variety in the game. Just my idea. Thanks.
  • Options
    JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    This is really random, but I would like more greeting/goodbye actions between sims. In Sims 3, significant others would kiss each other, friends would hug, etc. Mostly I would love for sims to greet other household members when they wake up, greet each other when they come home, and say goodbye when they are leaving for work/school o:)
  • Options
    buggycolabuggycola Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey all, really new to sims 4 so if I say something that is in the game let me know please.

Anyway a big thing I miss from the sims at least years ago, accidents. I remember when you had to read books at the start to prevent your house from burning down or getting shocked when fixing things. Also burglars. The game has become way too easy.

I also feel like a lot of content is missing compared to older sim games, even sims 3 base game felt more full of life than this one. Correct me if I am wrong but I could have sworn you can play your sim at its job location in the base game.

Also the AI and gameplay needs work.

I made a test home with 2 parents and a child and wanted to see how the AI works without me interfering. Made the male first and made a female which was labeled as his wife. Child was a random genetic creation.

Now when loading the game, they act like strangers. They should be in a romance situation by default since they are labeled as spouses in CAS.

They will not look for a job on their own. So I had to give them two jobs for the sake of cash flow.

They will not actively work towards skills for their job. What I mean by this is the lack of AI to passively work towards a better career.

When things break, they fail to try and fix the items or even call the repair service. Day 4 in game of them peeing on the floor now.

Anyway so far the only thing I touched was getting them two jobs, other than that the game is on auto pilot with long life spans because I want to see as much as possible. I will report back if they begin to romance and try for a baby by default. If not then the AI fails to try and keep itself alive, or rather the household/family name.
  • Options
    ok so a little over a week has passed in game.

Everything I said before still stands. One sim died to a fire that was set by cooking. Fire alarms no longer spawn fire department. Not sure if they are even in the game. If not that seems like a huge step backwards for a game that has had them for years.

Like I said I feel like the base Sims 4 game lacks content, I am downloading sims 3 again to run the same AI test. Will report back.
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    Josabell wrote: »
    This is really random, but I would like more greeting/goodbye actions between sims. In Sims 3, significant others would kiss each other, friends would hug, etc. Mostly I would love for sims to greet other household members when they wake up, greet each other when they come home, and say goodbye when they are leaving for work/school o:)

my sims do thouse things,all that you write my sims doing!
  • Options
    It would be great if I wanted to put a pool in a gym that the Sims actuallyou acknowledged it as part of the community lot and swam in it. Or I want to put a bar at a pool lot, that an actual bartender were there to serve guests. Maybe this can be achieved by allowing us to choose more than one lot type for a particular lot. Say allow us to choose gym and pool (check box selection) or restaurant/bar.

i use this mod and have bar on evry gim,and sims used there its cool!!
    http://modthesims.info/d/559875
  • Options
    Haileydaze wrote: »
    They need to get rid of all those annoying loading screens, they do make sense when u wanna travel into another world, but not when u just wanna visit the park or a neighboor. I hope for an open neighboorhod like in the sims 3. And also vampires are great, but it'd be soo much better when they added other supernatural creatures like witches, fairys and werewolfs too. Maybe even mermaids could become a thing one day in an island expansion pack, i'd love to see that.

Quote you just to be herd another voice about open naighborhood!!! i like vampires to but vampires,aliens,ghoust is all of supernatural i want! i wuld love to see new world with island and open water!
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    So far, the Sims 4 are getting better (While the forum seems to be a bit buggy for me)

I'm excited to see Vampire in game! But anyway! City Living expansion made me thinking. Why can't we have our personalized singing voice? Why all songs in Sims 4 are given with only 1 character voice for each gender? I doubt "good" voice always sounds like that. Every voice character can be good, even if you have throaty voice, it can sounds good as long as it fits the tune, right?

Please fix this issue, take your time, EA, you can fix it in Superstar/Celebrity patch.
  • Options
    OK I let sims 3 run over night and this is what I want to see fixed/seen in sims 4 based on the AI test and experience of both games. Note: AI were left alone to handle everyday life. Only thing I did was give them jobs for cash flow.

Fireman- My test family set their house on fire and luckily sims 3 opted to keep funding the fire department. Sims 4 on the other hand removed their budget all together. So for a future patch/update either bring them back as a base career/NPC or add them into the go to work expansion.

Burglar- Trusty alarm saved my cheap TV he tried to steal by auto signaling police to come get him. I would like to see him added back and as a job also. The higher your skill the better you are at bypassing alarm systems/expensive homes. Like fireman either a free base addition or added to the get to work expansion.

Bills- Both games lack an auto payment option/AI. Would be nice if they handled it by default.

Repairs- For repairs I would enjoy the risk/danger added back like older sim games. Sims AI should also 'attempt' to fix things on their own. Like add basic repairs/pro repairs. Basic repairs can be fixed by the AI with low skills and pro require a higher level. If the appliance trying to be fixed is a higher skill set, they call the repairman.

Sim AI- I would like to see the AI try and better itself. I gave both test family items to better skills for their career and things just for fun. Sims 3 they played chess a lot but I'm guessing because it raised fun at the same time as logic. Sims 4 they rarely touched chess or other stat items besides the computer for games. The AI should detect what is needed for the next job promotion and work towards that, even if its a slower growth/certain rank it caps out. (Sims 3 AI also was a lot more cleaning frenzied than Sims 4 AI.)

Family tree- The AI should try and find love to keep the family name alive. The AI failed to auto romance and to create a family. This at the end would just kill off the family since it failed to reproduce.

Sim Relationships- Sims 3 when labeled as a spouse you begin with a full bar as a happy couple. They will even keep the romance alive on their own. Sims 4 on the other hand spawned them in as strangers. So next patch should fix that issue.

Cars- Sims 3 had them so why shouldn't sims 4. Also would be cool to have a taxi service the players/AI can create.

Items- Past sim games had loads of items in the base game and expansions added to it. Even sims 3 felt more full than this game. I would like to see more items in the base game and not be behind costly DLC/expansion packs. They should add more to the game and not just complete a very empty base game.

I think that's all I can think of/recall from these test. Honestly I enjoy sims 4, its very well done in terms of the standard Sim style and the graphics are extremely good looking . My issue is a lot of things that have been part of basic sim games have been removed and sold as extras. I'm looking at you patio stuff. The AI seems to be a little more dumb than older games.

Anyway end of rant and inb4 wall of text.
  • Options
    brutumfulmenbrutumfulmen Posts: 6 New Member

- Different stairs. [Spiral, etc. U-Shaped especially!]

- Build our own apartment complexes.

- Please allow us to delete/move/replace windows and doors in apartments.

- Edit hallways in apartment buildings.

- Allow residential homes to be placed on vacation lots.

- A Sim height slider bar!