Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I forgot. A big thing missing for me is vehicle interaction. Even if it's like sims 2 I would be delighted. I loved to at least see them get in their car and pull out of the garage.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    > @soko37 said:
    > I forgot. A big thing missing for me is vehicle interaction. Even if it's like sims 2 I would be delighted. I loved to at least see them get in their car and pull out of the garage.

Same i would love for them to bring that back
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    > I would like more realistic interactions and funny moments for storytelling, even if its just small details. I wrote about a few of these in different posts.
    >
    > - Juicers/Blenders to use up some of the fruits/vegetables we obtain. Could make smoothies, milkshakes, etc.
    > - Being able to interact more with newborn babies like bathing them in the sink, placing them on strollers to take them around the neighborhood, place them in bouncy chairs to entertain them, have a mat on the floor so they can crawl around. These could apply to toddlers as well.
    > - CARS please :smile: , could be like sims 2 where it was just the simple interaction of leaving the driveway, fixing the car, or chat/makeout/woohoo in the car
    > - With addition of cars, firefighters, police, taxi/uber, take out food, etc. Restaurants can upgrade by paying extra fee to offer delivery to homes.
    > - Drive Thrus or Drive-in movie theatres for dates
    > - Food fight when sims are in a playful mood (couples could bake together and have a food fight, parents could join in or yell at their children and tell them to clean up the mess and go shower, siblings can throw it at each other if they are mad at them or in a playful mood)
    > - More romantic interactions, like walking while holding hands, snuggling together in bed, staring at each others eyes with arms wrapped around each other
    > - Taking sips out of milkshakes together, feeding each other food (I don't think that's an option yet)
    > - Proposing at dinner table
    > - Honeymoons where you would see your sim drive off in a limo and go to the vacation spot that they booked (hopefully we would have better vacation spots by then)
    > - Slow Dancing and more partner dancing, like how people dance together at clubs, etc
    > - Dancing on counters (like in sims 3)
    > - Blankets that can be used when a sim has a cold or is cold, covering someone who fell asleep on the couch, kids running around with it like a cape, snuggling by the fireplace or watching tv
    > - Dating apps, so having turn ons/turn offs, having sims recognize when their personalities clash, zodiac signs, etc.
    > - Witches (Good and Evil), Wizards, Magic, Fairies, Mermaids/Sirens, Supernatural modifications (telepathy, conjuring, shapeshifting, etc)
    > - Gypsies with spiritual crystals that influence certain moods, palm reading, fortune telling (psychics), tarot cards, zodiac signs.
    > - Hippie trait with camper cars, new outfits, freegan, flower/feather braids for hairstyles, old music station, tapestry for walls, etc.
    > - If a sim is feeling uncomfortable during a date, they can call someone they trust to pick them up or call an uber to go home (I guess call it Llama service) (This could be mostly for teens or for all ages)
    > - New sitting poses, like crossing legs, putting feet up, or crisscross style on the couch or bed. (Depends on their walking style or age)
    > - Laying down on the bed to watch tv, read a book, or just chat with significant other instead of just sitting on the side of it. (refer to sims 2)
    > - New interactive careers, like acting, bands, acrobats, modeling, director, news anchors "reporting live" weather events or protests, etc.
    > - New jobs (maybe not interactive) - lawyer, psychologist/therapist, architecture, director/editor, teacher, dancer, fashion designer)
    > - Interactive jobs for teens or allowances that parents give teens when they stay home taking care of siblings while they are gone
    > - Gigs for dancer, musicians, bands, and models if they get included in the game. They could rent a venue for the night.
    > - University/School system (with teachers/lecturer career, interactive classes, campus, etc.)
    > - New Hobbies (sewing, sketching, pottery, crafting, new sports, bands - drums, bass, keyboard, etc)
    > - Laptops and sketchbooks that they can carry around to work/play or draw anywhere
    > - Small classes to improve their skills (like the rabbit holes from sims 3)
    > - Face masks that you don't have to be in a bath tub for (for sleepovers or just stress relievers for sims)
    > - School Buses that pick up our children + teens for school
    > - Layering option in CAS, like layering a sweater/cardigan over another outfit or putting on a purse or backpack
    > - Different slang and gestures for people living in cities and towns
    >
    > So... That is all I can think of at the moment lol

THIS.
  • Options
    cashew11cashew11 Posts: 18 Member
    I would love to be able to take my sim to the hospital when they are sick! I'm getting bored of the usual 'buy medice online and drink it' We have a doctor career for a reason, why cant our sims go to the hospital for help?
  • Options
    ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    Agreed, cashew11. I'd love for my sims to visit the hospital when they are ill.
  • Options
    SleepyFoxSleepyFox Posts: 1 New Member
    All I'm asking for is for the filename of custom CAS assets to appear when I hover over them. Please. I hate my sim suddenly turning invisible!
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    What truly needs to be fixed in the Sims 4 is the Sims AI, they are so stupid, they keep on leaving their inventory things lying around when at home, one has a tablet in their inventory, takes it out and plays with it for a while, if I cancel it, they put it down on the floor or table or any surface, rather than putting it BACK in their inventory, same happens with any other item that is inventory based, I wish someone would fix this already! The Sims should be SMART enough to actually put what they take out of their inventory, and put it back in their inventory after using it for a period of time.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    HavejusticeHavejustice Posts: 22 Member
    For CAS I like 2, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, 19, and we should have height sliders
    Build/Buy 6, 14, 16, 20, 22
    World 6, 9
    Live 4, 6, 15, 18, 21, 23, 27
    Other 3, 7, 11
  • Options
    Goodfight82Goodfight82 Posts: 2 New Member
    Rancher Expansion. Stables for horses. Cows to be milked. Eggs to be collected. Goats, pigs etc.
  • Options
    FILMoKRUTFILMoKRUT Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello, dear developers of the game The Sims!

I would like to share with you ideas on how to improve your game, or create a new one based on it.

Really want the game in style RPG, but not nerd plan leveling with the same type of action at MMO games, but in the sense of the slope in a plot of character development with different scenarios and with lots of communication in the game, and so it would be bias to the social side, such as the ability to choose, to learn and to play any profession, and also education of the players kindness, honesty and other positive qualities.

Let the game will be played and bad roles, but within reason, to advance to identify and treat the propensity to violence or isolate from society people who show aggression both in the game and in life ( I'm talking about maniacs, pedaphiles, terrorists, criminals and violent madmen and other sociopaths, you can give in the game to play such negative characters, but that as in life, in the game they are also closed either in prisons or in hospitals and there was a strict regime rehabilitation, treatment and isolation, by the way those who have a new account again would be to go and play tricks in the game, those have to be put on record and in life, to prevent possible crimes, not only in game but in real life, I actually highlighted this problem in order to show that the new game will have a greater social importance for any country as another opportunity to fight crime and be a child to raise good citizens and help better to determine the choice of profession and be taught the basics of the most common peaceful occupations ).

I would like symbiosis games: The Witcher, Grand Theft Auto, The Sims, GTA San Andreas: Criminal Russia, Gothic, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Second Life, S. T. A. L. K. E. R., Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's The Division, Saints Row, The Movies.

Stop, stop, stop, I do not propose to make a mess of these games, I'm just suggesting to make a game with graphics better than those games, take the best of RPG sostavlyaya these games, then make the world of the characters, CTE mainly play the role of peaceful occupations and good characters, with the ability to choose non-peaceful profession to be evil or negative character, but as in life they were responsible and were punished accordingly to their status crimes, and the joke is that if they are not caught for a crime that would remain unpunished in the game, but was taken on account in life, if the desire for evil and violence, would be excessively identified.

Should be moderators psychologists CTE would distinguish people CTE fanatsia just fooling around and explicit bespredelschik, you know it is difficult, but necessary, so expect that this game will be like single player with mobs and multiplayer online with live players and a live interaction via chat and voice.

In the game there have to be cities and settlements and villages, city and rural professions.

By the way, residential, industrial and agricultural areas can be in the game updates, plus new content will be new professions and story lines, plus every 6 years you can update the graphics of the game.

The game can be done pay, plus additional pay-Donat on various traits, more freedom of action, training pay rates for occupations, plus paid advertising to real teachers, coaches and Tutors, plus product placement in the game world, such as is clothing, consumer goods, food, any goods and services, plus ads on TV, radio, the Internet, Newspapers and other media in-game. Such content can be developed by both game developers and users. I did not accidentally mention The game the Movies, with the help of its chips and GTA editor chips, users can make content for TV and video blog games, plus will do Machinima ( Machinima - movie / cartoon made using the game ).

Players can either pump or buy, and sell in-game values on the trading floor. In game must be chat rooms and forums have.

The game should teach how to live, how to earn money, build a career, relationships, taking care of family and health etc, the Game finds and develops the ability in man, developing positive qualities and correcting the defects. The pursuit of the perfect world and society.

I would love to become associate producer, creative Director, game designer, editor, story lines and conversations between characters in the game, or at least a community Manager ( forum and social.networks) of this game.

With respect,

FILMoKRUT

{EA_Lanna: Removed personal information. Please practise safe posting on this forum and protect our personal information by not sharing it as it's viewable by the public, not just members. Also please note this is an English language forum, please limit posts to English. Thank you.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    HopefulSadnesHopefulSadnes Posts: 80 Member
    CAW we need CAW
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Please bring back gift giving interaction. The best thing I can do when I want to give a Sim a painting for example, is go to the Sims home a place it on the wall.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2018
    Tiny request. I'm big into the photography. I appreciate so much taking pics of my sims and hanging the pics on the wall, but I wish we could also have the option to put them on a shelf or table.

And I agree with WillKDavid in that we need gift giving back. I used to enjoy getting letters and gifts from people in the mailbox too.
  • Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    • We should be able to sort our items and have them stay that way. I'm tired of having to go through pages and pages of items just so I can find a guitar.
    • We should be able to put individual book in different book cases like in the other sims.

• Options
    KatieGlow95KatieGlow95 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims should have the option to live in vacation worlds. I want my sims to be able to live in Granite Falls and Selvadorada. :/
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Tiny request. I'm big into the photography. I appreciate so much taking pics of my sims and hanging the pics on the wall, but I wish we could also have the option to put them on a shelf or table.

And I agree with WillKDavid in that we need gift giving back. I used to enjoy getting letters and gifts from people in the mailbox too.

I think you get gifts from family members when it's a birthday or when a child is born if I'm not mistaken
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Archytype1000Archytype1000 Posts: 2 New Member
    For me personally the following would make it close to perfect:
    Add following missing content: ( not necessarily in that order)

0. Some form of open neighborhood
    1.Cars
    2. Sitting interactions ( relax / crisscross/) more natural
    3. More careers/accidents( firefighter, burglars, stylist, school, model, daycare, part time jobs)
    4. Venues ( sports arena , school, cinemas, theatre, concerts, workplace rabbit-hole?)
    5. Terrain
    6. Celebrity status
    7. Summer hotels and resorts vacation
    8. Swim in body of water and poolside benches/ chairs
    9. Hair low and high light
    10. Height
    11. Generations sims 3 interactions
    12. University
    13. Seasons
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

The ability to buy more then one house and rent them out. I’m shocked this isn’t a thing since builders love building and remodeling might give them a reason to go into live mode.
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »

The ability to buy more then one house and rent them out. I’m shocked this isn’t a thing since builders love building and remodeling might give them a reason to go into live mode.

YESH! This is an idea of brilliance! Even I want this to be a thing, so my sims can rent out houses to new families that move into town.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited April 2018
    That one probably was mentioned before, possibly even by myself, but we REALLY need better photography system. The ideal solution would be if we could turn every screenshot into the in-game photo. I know it wouldn't always be super realistic, but putting your Sims in the right positions could be so time-consuming. I also know there are mods for poses, but to be honest, I just don't really like using that.

The photo studio and taking selfies also could use some improvements. I really wish we could take selfies of different age groups, and with pets maybe.

Finally, it'd be great to have more frames and ways of using them (I mean the standing ones, for end tabels etc.).

Edit: Oh, and please, please, give us option to rotate Sims when taking a couple selfie (just like it is with regular selfie). I hate it when I want my Sims to have particular background, but they insist to switch places and turn another way.
    Post edited by MissNightOwl on
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    That one probably was mentioned before, possibly even by myself, but we REALLY need better photography system. The ideal solution would be if we could turn every screenshot into the in-game photo. I know it wouldn't always be super realistic, but putting your Sims in the right positions could be so time-consuming. I also know there are mods for poses, but to be honest, I just don't really like using that.

The photo studio and taking selfies also could use some improvements. I really wish we could take selfies of different age groups, and with pets maybe.

Finally, it'd be great to have more frames and ways of using them (I mean the standing ones, for end tabels etc.).

Edit: Oh, and please, please, give us option to rotate Sims when taking a couple selfie (just like it is with regular selfie). I hate it when I want my Sims to have particular background, but they insist to switch places and turn another way.

I completely agree about the ability to put our screenshots into the game! I am obsessed with photography in this game and I feel this would improve it immensely. Perhaps they could have this ability be unlocked at the top level of the photography skill so it would have gameplay elements too!
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Two things makes this game so poor compared to Sims 2 (I almost didn't play Sims 3 because the sims there were too ugly):
    1. The AI are not responsive enough. The loved ones or parents die and if not seeing that directly sim won't react at all - the sim is happy as if nothing happened. All reactions are short-living, after the respective emotion wears off, a sim will never remember what's happened. Something might be in statistics at best.
    2. This one is also partly connected to the first one. Sims have no memories (apart those you can mechanically create with photos). This only adds to the short-living reactions. In Sims 2, a sim would sometimes remember something from its past, the grudge, sadness or jealousy wouldn't be forgotten easily. Sims 4 sims are just empty dolls with only opportunistic emotions.
  • Options
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Two things makes this game so poor compared to Sims 2 (I almost didn't play Sims 3 because the sims there were too ugly):
    1. The AI are not responsive enough. The loved ones or parents die and if not seeing that directly sim won't react at all - the sim is happy as if nothing happened. All reactions are short-living, after the respective emotion wears off, a sim will never remember what's happened. Something might be in statistics at best.
    2. This one is also partly connected to the first one. Sims have no memories (apart those you can mechanically create with photos). This only adds to the short-living reactions. In Sims 2, a sim would sometimes remember something from its past, the grudge, sadness or jealousy wouldn't be forgotten easily. Sims 4 sims are just empty dolls with only opportunistic emotions.

Well said, Faust. I think this should be fixed soon as possible, the supposed personalities Sims in Sims 4 have are due to their traits, their traits is probably the only thing that makes them interesting, the memory thing needs to be looked into and the AI needs looking into.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
  • Options
    VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    Better genetics and mermaids.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • Options
    MizzLMMizzLM Posts: 10 New Member