Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you pay for Premium Benifits?

Comments

• Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    I would definitely consider buying it, but it obviously depends on the price and what it includes. If it was $30.00 and came with decent content and early access to expansions (month early?), I would probably buy it. It really just all depends, though. If it was $30.00 and barely came with anything and the expansions were only a few days or so early, I probably wouldn't buy it.
  • Options
    EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Depends of what you get and how much it cost.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    It really depends. I would like to be a part of a premium service-but right now, with talk that there might be purchasable releases available every 2 months - I just don't know. It's almost like you may as well have a monthly subscription service fee like the old MMOs used to do. I always like to have all the stuff packs and expansion packs, but I'm just going to have to sit back and see what kind of $$ we are talking about here. I mean, I still have a RL family to feed....
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    NO thanks.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    99% of posts in this thread sum up my answer already.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If EA/Maxis had a good track record, but as it stands now no.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    If it was $40 for the UK (after conversion) maybe.
    I mean 2 game packs for $20 each. Wow getting it for the normal price. I'm in.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    ROMIRE wrote: »
    http://simscommunity.net/2014/12/22/sims-4-premium-membership-details-icon/

Lets say that we had Premium membership, It cost lets say $30 for a one time deal, which came with all the goodies and Xpac/SP Early release, Would you consider buying it?

Yes. At that price, it seems like a very good deal.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Not until EA proves that it listens to the players. So far it hasn't done that.

The changes in the patches have seemed to go against what people have said they wanted.

Not true.

We asked for more traditional careers, for changes in Career requirements and aspirations, for Move Objects On, for pools, for ghosts, for invisible lights, for a way of removing the white outline, for Christmas music, for Christmas content and a bunch of other things we ended up getting.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I really can't justify spending money on a game to make it (possibly) more interesting. The base game should be able to hold my interest for more than an hour or two.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Just to get things early? No.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    No, the base game isn't complete yet. I'm waiting for new free updates and DLCs.
    bc028f35.png
  • Options
    Alnairan wrote: »

I understood paying $30 in advance to get three Game Packs. That is what I said yes to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No. I'd have to actually want what they offer in return and I don't so far.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Nyet, nope, no....don't hype it without actually telling us what you're hyping - show us what you're hyping and then I'll consider. This isn't the price is right though and I'm not choosing "curtain #2." >:)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    Depends...
    Alnairan wrote: »

I understood paying $30 in advance to get three Game Packs. That is what I said yes to.

I agree that 30 bucks in advance for 3 game packs sounds good. Not sure if this was posted anywhere but does anyone know when 'premium' memberships would be available? As of right now I'm not sure I would buy into it but if I like Outdoor Retreat then I'll likely consider becoming a 'premium' member.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    No, I'm still waiting for EA to give me my money's worth for the game I already spent my cash on.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Not until EA proves that it listens to the players. So far it hasn't done that.

The changes in the patches have seemed to go against what people have said they wanted.

Not true.

We asked for more traditional careers, for changes in Career requirements and aspirations, for Move Objects On, for pools, for ghosts, for invisible lights, for a way of removing the white outline, for Christmas music, for Christmas content and a bunch of other things we ended up getting.

There were also people who asked for LESS linear aspiration options. Yet some aspirations went and got more restrictive. So the changes to the aspirations went against the changes that were requested.

This game is supposed to be a sandbox game so any decision that makes it appear like EA is trying to make it something it shouldn't be is not listening to the players.

World Adventures is not the series' best vacation pack even if you ignore the glitches it brings. Because the pack forces you to do specific things in order to be able to stay longer than 3 days. And there really isn't anything to do at those locations that's truly vacation worthy. Sims Vacation and Sims 2 Bon Voyage are the types of vacations that people wanted. Because it didn't dictate what you had to do.

Yet, EA decided to tell people what specific plants their farmer has to plant now where before the patch it was a generic plant X plants step?

Christmas content was coming whether asked for or not. EA has a history of releasing holiday themed content for the games. See all of the holiday themed free packs released for Sims 3 via the Store.

People have also asked for toddlers, a color wheel, for bugs to be fixed, yet we've heard nothing on the three and there presence (or lack thereof) is still there. We haven't heard why at least a color wheel or a color selector wasn't put in, just the full blown CASt. We haven't heard why they didn't put in toddlers (the first said NO life stages were removed, so toddlers were in the initial design, they had to be removed at some point for some reason). And there are still bugs in the game that have been around since launch.

Until EA starts listening, they don't get money for things sight unseen.
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    4609129583.png
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    At this time, No... while I really enjoy TS4, it doesn't feel that it's 100% complete yet (and this isn't including the latest bugs caused by the Careers Patch).

However, after the appropriate missing base content has returned (i.e. family tree, missing objects/NPCs, and toddlers) and the bugs/glitches properly patched, then comeback to me with this question. :smiley:
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What do you mean a one time deal? I thought it was my understanding you had to pay a monthly fee for this.... I don't want any part of this. It's just a sneaky way for them take more of my money which they don't deserve.

I highly doubt it's a monthly fee. MMOs don't even charge that. Whatever it's going to be, it will be either a one time thing or a once a year fee.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    No, for a lot of reasons already listed by others in this thread.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO - too many bugs in everything they release
  • Options
    MebriliaMebrilia Posts: 62 Member
    of course not
  • Options
    SaelleaSaellea Posts: 64 Member
    Marble9 wrote: »
    No, the base game isn't complete yet. I'm waiting for new free updates and DLCs.

I wouldn't hold my breath while you wait on more free content updates... lol That ain't happening. They gave us 3 content updates since launch everything else we'll have to pay for. They *might* do a free game update to fix bugs (Yes, I'm laughing as I type that) but free content? No.