Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you pay for Premium Benifits?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    Nope. I've bought the product let me play it. simple. Any more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from EA I'm done
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Why is it so that EA won't release Origin cash cards outside the US? If they will never release those for example in most of the Europe's countries, many people won't be able to buy any new content such as the Game Packs and stuff packs. EA needs to change their marketing distribution strategies in my opinion :/
  • Options
    VININIANNEVININIANNE Posts: 252 Member
    NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!! I SHALL NEVER PAY FOR SUCH THING!!!!
    (Sorry, I think I sould stop watching historical things....or not!)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    not really worth it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    Of course not. Simply because the TS4 base game is a shame compared with TS2 or TS3 base game.
  • Options
    whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    Let's fix the bugs in the game first before considering any ideas for premium pay items.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL no. I started the Sims series since the first one. I miss when Sims games only had base games and expansion packs to buy that offered more content than what is offered now. I know how microtransactions work and just because costs seem small at first doesn't mean I'll end up paying more overall costs in the long run buying everything EA offers. It just annoys me how so many gaming and social sites are trying to have the MMO mentality now with memberships and store purchases. Sorry I can't help but laugh at paying premium membership with an offline game especially with the feedback Sims 4 has gotten. On a happy note at least Sims 4 didn't end being a MMO game after all. I'm content with my limited edition base game and until I see toddlers and family trees into the base game, EA can't expect further purchases from me for the Sims 4. So for me it is a no, but I don't care if others would pay for it or not.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Fat chance NO.... The Sims isn't traditionally for subscribing.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Why was this moved to the ideas corner? Who are they trying to kid? We know this is coming.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Why was this moved to the ideas corner? Who are they trying to kid? We know this is coming.....

oh wow serious?
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Yes. I would. 30 dollars for a couple of Game Packs (already priced at 20 each) as well as early release and premium 'store' items? Yes. I would.

For those of you that don't know, Premium -is not- a monthly payment. It is a one time purchase that gets you digital content of the game early.

Please see the Battlefield Premium Access. In the Battlefield setup, you get the 5 game expansions, Priority Position in the server queues, Personalization Options, Experience Boosts, WEEKLY NEW CONTENT and 12 Battlepacks for a one time purchase of $50 USD. The expansions obviously come out over the course of a year or so.

So if the Sims 4 took up this, it would be so many game expansions, more 'store' content maybe even weekly or monthly? Obviously it's going to be very different from Battlefield... but if there is a Premium, I have no clue why everyone is assuming it is a 'monthly' payment. o_O Likely they'd stick to the successful method which is good for everyone involved. People that love The Sims 4 and have planned on buying all the expansions anyways will be able to get them all in advance at a discounted price and other content as well. And each expansion will likely be sold separately as well just like the Battlefield ones are so you don't -have- to buy them if you don't think they are worth your money.

Where is the downside?

But it's my understanding that you still have to pay for (some of?) the content. You are paying for early access and (I think) a reduced price.

Yes, a reduced price in advance. So if you paid 40 dollars for Sims 3 expansions and there were about three a year? Four? I can't remember. You paid about 120 to 160 dollars in the year.

So now we are looking at three or four game packs a year. This means 20 dollars each, so 60-80 dollars a year.

With a premium, you pay 40-50 dollars a year in advance, get all the game packs that come out and the 'store' content that is equivalent to the Sims 3 store content that you had to pay for separately.

The only downside that I can foresee is if you are a player that does not intend to buy all the gamepacks, don't like supernaturals or somesort, like playing your game in a specific way and want to know what you're buying before you buy it. And that's fine too.

But it's not a subscription at all and you'd be getting everything, for the collectors like me, for a reduced price with some benefits.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    I'd think about it if they began selling content for Sims3 again. As far as 4 goes, in its current state, not a chance.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    Eh. If this was the Sims 2 or even 3, I definitely would. While I definitely enjoy the Sims 4 more than any of the previous games, I realize that by the end of the franchise my game was bogged down by items and features that I never even used. I don't want to get back to that point! In retrospect, I never used World Adventure, Showtime, or Island Paradise. I didn't buy Supernatural or several of the Stuff Packs, but I still had too much content in my game. I'm talking whole worlds that I bought and never played in. I'm very eager not to make the same mistake twice.

I'm super interested in Outdoor Retreat, but, for the first time, instead of buying it as soon as it comes out, I'm going to wait a couple weeks for reviews to see if it is the type of content I would enjoy. For this reason, the features that come with a "premium membership" would have to be mind-blowing for me to sign up. And since I can't think of anything that could be described that way, I highly doubt that I'd purchase it.
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    No. I think they charged enough for their stuff packs in Sims 3---they were only worth $5.00--in my opinion--if that!
    Now, there standard price is $19.99 for any other additional Game Packs. And even more for expansion packs. Enough.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    no

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    weebl_101weebl_101 Posts: 101 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What do you mean a one time deal? I thought it was my understanding you had to pay a monthly fee for this.... I don't want any part of this. It's just a sneaky way for them take more of my money which they don't deserve.

I am gathering the premium membership will be a kind of store.. So not really sneaky just replacing..