Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you pay for Premium Benifits?

http://simscommunity.net/2014/12/22/sims-4-premium-membership-details-icon/

Lets say that we had Premium membership, It cost lets say $30 for a one time deal, which came with all the goodies and Xpac/SP Early release, Would you consider buying it?

Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.

Comments

• simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Nope , not until the basegame is complete
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Fat chance, not even if pigs could fly :expressionless:
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Nope.

Not until EA proves that it listens to the players. So far it hasn't done that.

They haven't come out and said whether we're getting toddlers or not. We don't have family trees. The changes in the patches have seemed to go against what people have said they wanted.

And there are still glitches in the game.

So no, I'm not giving them money for things unseen.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    What do you mean a one time deal? I thought it was my understanding you had to pay a monthly fee for this.... I don't want any part of this. It's just a sneaky way for them take more of my money which they don't deserve.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    No. After being burned by the base game (and the movie I'd watched today; unrelated, I know), I'll not condone EA's greedy ways any longer.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited December 2014
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Fat chance, not even if pigs could fly :expressionless:

If pigs could fly I'd buy a flying pig!

(Edit: idk why autocorrect thinks piga is a word)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    No. If I was stupid enough to buy a Yugo (yes that just aged me) I sure as heck am not paying more to get the next year's model!
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Not a chance.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    No.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    What do you mean a one time deal? I thought it was my understanding you had to pay a monthly fee for this.... I don't want any part of this. It's just a sneaky way for them take more of my money which they don't deserve.

One time/Per MOnth i duno
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Nope. Not happy with the last patch. Why would I pay a premium for them to mess my game up even more?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    No way. I'm still trying to justify the money I splurged on the base game. I won't be spending any more money on toys for a long time.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    No. Not throwing anymore money at this game until certain things are fixed. :\
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Nope. Not happy with the last patch. Why would I pay a premium for them to mess my game up even more?

Hows your game Messed?
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    No. They aren't getting anymore of my money.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I'd be open to considering it, once I can see details as to what is on offer.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

In Battlefield 4 you get early access to 5 digital expansions and more for $50 and you only have to pay once. See http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-is-battlefield-4-premium/
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't know if I would pay (once) for premium services. It would depend on the price and what I would get. If it was only access to stuff packs I probably wouldn't. But of course I would pay $50 in advance for 5 big expansion packs (+early access). So I would have to see both the price and the description of what I would get.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    No I don't even know why there should exist a premium service
  • icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    No way! They STILL have to finish the base game!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ROMIRE wrote: »

Lets say that we had Premium membership, It cost lets say $30 for a one time deal, which came with all the goodies and Xpac/SP Early release, Would you consider buying it?

No. Most people are confused by this idea. It means you pay 'extra' to be able to get content at a lower price through out the year..and never know what that content will be...why would I waste money like that? What if I didn't want the content that came later, but I have paid 'extra' to get it at a reduced price later? That is just crazy in my eyes. And if people do the math...then No nothing is at a lower price...because the cost is covered when I paid 'extra' to get it at a lower cost. Math, is a thought process. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NeroTrippeNeroTrippe Posts: 66 Member
    Yep... o:)
    (first one to say so in this thread)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ROMIRE wrote: »

No. Most people are confused by this idea. It means you pay 'extra' to be able to get content at a lower price through out the year..and never know what that content will be...why would I waste money like that? What if I didn't want the content that came later, but I have paid 'extra' to get it at a reduced price later? That is just crazy in my eyes. And if people do the math...then No nothing is at a lower price...because the cost is covered when I paid 'extra' to get it at a lower cost. Math, is a thought process. ;)

And it is math that a corporate entity uses to maximise profit. That is what they do. Their very existence is for this purpose. I might not like it, you might not like it, but that is how it is.

But even they are taking a punt..if something is very bad then it will fail and the corporate will lose money on the project, but because they have maximised profits in other areas, the loss can be withstood, allowing them to take another punt.

All I can do is make a decision based on perceived value.

I bought the Sims 4 on a whim (yes truly!) at half price in the Origin Black Friday sale. That is equivalent to about 4 and half pints of Guinness, which I will have consumed in as many hours on a Friday night. I have had about 3 weeks (ish) solid, top fun, play out of this. Good value, IMO
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am not going to. The bugs need to be fixed. I want better base game. If they get better base game I might. It heavy depends on my money situation.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    nope, nope, and nope.
    giphy.gif