Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    That $20 price tag better be a joke.

Nonetheless the theme for this game pack does interest me. I haven't been camping since I was chased by a bear.

It's actually a better deal than the stuff packs which were also $20 and didn't offer any additional gameplay, just, well, stuff.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    Ohh How fun! I've always wanted a camping theme >w< So getting it!
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'm frankly intrigued, not by the content itself but by the method. So we are now going to have EPs, SPs and CPs? While I am severely concerned about the impact of having a truckload of content added to the game as is (and the future being 2-3 minutes loading screens to go to any lot), it is certainly interesting if they execute TS4 in that way. Perhaps that could be a way to prevent the half-baked gameplay brought to TS3 via the store (*cough *cough OFB replacement) and give us actual fully fledged content from previous iterations that wouldn't exactly fit in a complete EP? I'd be all for that.
  • Options
    acee313 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing new worlds, just a single world, unless the vacation worlds are to be sold separately, then we might get more. The game description over SimsVIP seems to point a single world only. "Wander into an all-new destination" I hope I'm very wrong.

Could just be the first of several, and people can pick and choose the ones they want. If they have a glitzy resort with gambling, people who are opposed to gambling could choose not to have that one. Rather than having one vacation EP with three destinations, we could have multiple destination possibilities.

• Options
    Why can't there be just full, high quality expansion packs like ts1 anymore? if this is a vacation type world why just not release an ep with 3 worlds in it like ts2 and 3? These game packs sound like expansions that are unfinished and then released (like the game itself) I'm fine with a few stuff packs to buy but this is worse! :| #justepsplease #nostore #nostuffpacks #nogamepacks

I actually kind of like the game pack idea -- so you're not forced to install content that you don't want and would never use.

Let's say there was a vacation pack with three destinations: mountain resort, beach, and fancy hotel. Maybe like some of the folks on this thread, they wouldn't want the mountain resort but with an EP they'd be forced to install it and have all the stuff that goes with it cluttering up the game. And this way we could have more than just three destinations.

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Why can't there be just full, high quality expansion packs like ts1 anymore? if this is a vacation type world why just not release an ep with 3 worlds in it like ts2 and 3? These game packs sound like expansions that are unfinished and then released (like the game itself) I'm fine with a few stuff packs to buy but this is worse! :| #justepsplease #nostore #nostuffpacks #nogamepacks
    Seriously at least do a full fledged expansion before doing all of this. I don't want small chunks of content especially with the game so lacking... These game packs seem like a sneaky Sims 4 store to me...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Definitely something I am interested in seeing herbalist is something I do in real life, and loved the camping in Sims 2. So yes. Twenty dollars is cheap seeing it includes new programming too. Shoot in previous sims we paid that just for a stuff pack with no new programming. But they definitely have my interest level up even though I am still annoyed there is no toddlers.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A new world with more places to visit, more than one premium content and all for $20, but people are calling EA thieves when they happily paid the same thing for TS2 and TS3 stuff packs that had no new gameplay and/or $35+ for new worlds in TS3.

If game packs provide a good amount of new content (actual new content not just objects) than $20 didn't seem like a terrible deal.

If they end up being like mini expansions than its a good way to deliver content that otherwise couldn't fill an entire expansion pack. Only time will tell, but until we see this in action we really won't know what it's like.

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Ok so a vacation world. Sounds great except for the part where your sims become tense if they don't vacation for a while XD
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ok so a vacation world. Sounds great except for the part where your sims become tense if they don't vacation for a while XD

It seems like it would be like how they got the looney motive if they hadn't ventured off their lot in sims 3 for a while.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The survey mentioned rafting along with camping. If you look at the map, a lot of it is water, and there is a huge body of water near the bottom. I wonder if they're going to include that in the DLC too?

As of now, I think $20 is too much to ask for what we're getting.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I'll wait to see the hair and clothing options to make sure not everything is geared towards camping and outdoors. That kind of stuff isn't really my thing, but I have a couple of "Loves the Outdoors" Sims that it would work for. At least it's something though :#
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    this sure does not give us a whole lot. it better not cost more than $10-15
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    I can only wonder... Will we be able to swim in the lake parts?
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    ehh i dont know how to feel about this one...the map of that world or neighborhood has a really weird shape..=/
    giphy.gif

• Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited December 2014
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Yay now it's time to pay EA even more to make a boring game fun for a few days.

You're still around hating on these forums? :/

I guess it's true what they say; some things never change.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I don't get some of the responses? If they didnt do DLC they would do the store either way bc it was super successful for them... Why would they stop? The housing costs of the Sims 3 store was probably expensive - so doing it through Origin makes it cheaper...

Why is no one making the huge comparison here? There is additional gameplay to the game that you wouldn't get in a world for 20 dollars. From what I've read about this game pack sounds reasonable to me for 20 bucks.

New world, new game features, PC like items, (tent, cooler, fire pit), clothes, hair. Sounds good to me for the price. RH was 20 bucks and you got 40 items - no real gameplay - other than the coaster and the two machines. There's a login that description that wouldn't come in a store release is my point -

I'm loving this concept. I'm sure all wont have worlds or locations. Some might be venues, age specific...

Think of the possibilities!

Teen, adult, elder packs
    Seasonal packs
    Sports packs
    Store packs

There's no sense in going on and on I think you guys get the idea! the possibilities are endless!

I think people should look at this as a better store option - with more possibilities and less limitations for generally a better price IMO - it sound like more comes in gameplay in this game pack then a 40 dollar world, venue combo.

Lets give it a chance. It's not even announced yet.

Kinda hoping that this is a side note to the major announcement. The game is just 3 months old, EP1 should be announced soon. Hopefully that announcement includes toddlers lol
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited December 2014
    I myself am looking VERY forward to this "dlc stuff pack!" I LOOOOOOOVE camping and missed it in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    LordKacj wrote: »
    @06Bon06‌ if you don't like the 'boring game' why are you on the forums for the boring game? if you don't like it why you got to rain of everyone else parade?

She can only rain on your parade if you allow her to. Otherwise, you can choose to ignore her comments and choose not to take offense at the comments. And you can also make note of how many other players are being skeptical about the new proposed game pack.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited December 2014
    So, it's looking like just one small world then?

"Tense" feelings from not vacationing often enough? Somewhere around $20 for more than a stuff pack but less than an expansion? I'm not sure how I feel about it... I mean, first we got expansions, then we got stuff packs, now we get both of those plus game packs. How many more ways can they monetize this series? :\

Dunno. I kind of wanted to see if their first (non-patch) release could get me back into the game. I guess I need to see more, but from this point it's a no.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Please throw in season in this pack then I will throw my money at ea
  • Options
    FireFlower29FireFlower29 Posts: 168 Member
    Personally, I'm going to love this! $20 or whatever, I'm grabbing it! Outdoors, camping, campfires, forests, right up my alley!

My fervent wish is that it might include log walls? ;)
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    I like the idea of this pack but my god, the new world looks wayyyyyy too small!! If it's only going to have one lot EA may as well rename it to Granite Fails.

Please fix family play, family trees, generations and family ties before you even consider anything else EA.

Never the less, i'm looking forward to something new as I'm getting pretty bored of the current game :(
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Heres some gameplay footage from Simsvip, I'm getting it :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUa-1XmQW4I
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I have zero interest in this dlc. I'm not into camping and all that entails. I want more for our sims to do in the worlds we already have, not some vacation spot for campers. I want more venues for our sims. Having only 4 isn't enough.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Also...what does this mean?

[*]There are rental units and once they are all gone the world is unusable

That concerns me, we won't be able to use the world we purchased once all the rental units are gone? Or will we be forced to create a new game just to reuse the world?

I think it means it'll work like a fully booked hotel. You can make reservations, it says, so I would assume you would be able to go once there is a lodge available (another family finishes their holiday)

*Trying to stay positive but.....*

That kind of bothers me.

So, basically the game will decide if all the rental spots are available or not. It is not an actual playable world like the two we have now. Our Sims will travel to this world but only when they are on vacation.

I think I might pass on this, at least at first.

I really want another world that we can play like the two we have now.