Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    @LokiSimsies‌ Here it is from a few pages back:
    Hello everyone. Glad to see you are digging deep into today's Update to find all the "hidden" stuff. Just wanted to let you know that we will be making an official announcement on Friday. Nope, not going to confirm what the announcement is. I will leave you to guess.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    The game pack looks interesting to me, but not $20 interesting. I think about the DLCs other companies put out for about half this cost and wonder why prices for Sims stuff are so inflated.

Ah well, the only way to know for sure if it's worth it is to wait for it to come out.

I agree on their doctor costs being too high. I could understand maybe $10 or $15 at the highest, but not $20. For all the content this game adds it can become a bit too pricey.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I want a lumberjack sim..
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I am really looking forward to this new content! $20 doesn't bother me. I was buying 2 sets a month for the Sims 3.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Glic2003 wrote: »
    If you combine the two images, it looks like this:

xjDhCbp.jpg

Reading that map I see three different neighborhoods. The center one is on the lake and bounded by a river on the right side. This may be a neighborhood that MIGHT include swimming, canoeing, innertubes, white water rafting, fishing and water related stuff. The neighborhood on the right looks land locked, away from trees and near cabins with a view of unplayable waterfalls. The third neighborhood on the left is land locked and but on the edge of a forest. All three are around that circle with what looks like a statue of a creature with horns or long pointy ears. I can't tell if the statue area is unplayable or if the neighborhood just wasn't included in the image.

Keep in mind that in the game, the map areas outside the neighborhoods only represent the general look of the world. When you enter a neighborhood you are in kind of a little bubble island that's surrounded by decorations to resemble what is shown on the map.
    Jimil wrote: »
    I want a lumberjack sim..

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK. I sleep all night and I work all day.

• Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    New screens today!
    B5E2yeAIMAAf0HN.png
    B5DfGEfCUAEkJ28.jpg:large
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I wonder if there are sleeping bags as well. Hope there are!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    TAKE MY FREAKIN MONEY DANG IT AND TAKE IT WITH A SMILE...
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Meh. I'm sorry I just can't get excited about this.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Meh. I'm sorry I just can't get excited about this.

That's what I like about the mini expansion pack idea. When they come out with the rainbow unicorn mini pack with supernatural toddlers, I'll just save my §20 for something else.

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Looks interesting, excited for friday when we get some more news about this ;)

Where does it say that we are getting information on Friday about this?

Confused and wants to see this for herself.....thanks!

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Looks like fun! :mrgreen:

It also looks like they're breaking up a Vacation Expansion (40) for several Game Packs (20 ea). How many could they get from Bon Voyage & some of WA/IP- Could cost over 100 for one complete expansion.
    Oh, well~ it's Good Business for EA. :+1:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2014
    Rflong7 wrote: »

It also looks like they're breaking up a Vacation Expansion (40) for several Game Packs (20 ea). How many could they get from Bon Voyage & some of WA/IP- Could cost over 100 for one complete expansion.

That was a point I was trying to make in another thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

A survey also revealed they intend on splitting Pets up into dogs, cats, etc. Just wait until seasons comes around and they charge us for each one.

tumblr_la09l4DMg11qcufbb.gif

(I like to think Patrick represents the EA customer unaware of this.)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    People may think the world has too many trees and looks small but we have to take into consideration it's a CAMPING world. Camping in the forest is very common so alot of those wooded areas probably have tons of lots on them for camping etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    cool
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    You would think a camping world would have to be entirely open. Otherwise, you're going to have SO MANY loading screens in between each campsite... Hmm...
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    You would think a camping world would have to be entirely open. Otherwise, you're going to have SO MANY loading screens in between each campsite... Hmm...

If it could be open, I doubt it could be very big
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Yay now it's time to pay EA even more to make a boring game fun for a few days.

You're still around hating on these forums? :/

I guess it's true what they say; some things never change.

Hey, long time no see Joe. :)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    I love they are coming out with camping. Sounds like lots of fun for my sims. I too have been wanting to do that. there will be activities too. I only wish we could get it for Christmas. Price sounds ok, for what we will be getting. can't wait, want to send my sims camping, My sims do not do careers, so it is off to camping for them. I think I will use the weekends to send my sims camping, My husband and I use to camp just about every weekend we even camped in the snow. can't wait to send my sims.

I can't remember if it was you or someone else, but for any players doing one of those "living off the land" Sims where you get them a vacant lot instead of a house, this could offer some great accessories like tents/sleeping bags, the cooler, maybe even an outhouse! I really like those camp chairs -- until we get actual pool loungers they'll make a decent replacement next to my pools.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    The game pack looks interesting to me, but not $20 interesting. I think about the DLCs other companies put out for about half this cost and wonder why prices for Sims stuff are so inflated.

Ah well, the only way to know for sure if it's worth it is to wait for it to come out.

Actually, when you consider the added game play and programming, $20 is a better deal than paying the same amount for a stuff pack which was just, well, stuff, often just variations of what we already had in game. A game pack like this will have a lot of new animations like the ones regarding the campfire, being able to lay on the ground and talk with another Sim (looks like they're doing the Point Out Constellations interaction that usually comes with the Astronaut career), probably tent woohoo as well (which would make a certain @catloverplayer quite happy :) ), etc.

Maybe the game packs are just a smaller type of expansion pack -- instead of paying $30 to $40 for a huge pack where you might not use half the stuff included, you can instead buy a smaller pack more geared to your interests. I'd expect if this is successful we'll see several other "destination" game packs -- beach, amusement park, glitzy resort, that sort of thing. Maybe even a futuristic world or something in outer space...which is where you'd find the aliens instead of having them wandering all over all the towns.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

On the other hand, you don't have to clutter your game up with stuff you don't want. They can come out with a Vegas-style pack with gambling (like we had the gambling stuff in Sims 3 Store) and those people who are morally opposed to gambling can pass up that pack and wait for something that appeals to them more. Or the people here who don't want the camping pack might prefer a beach pack instead. And each mini-pack could have its own "creature" that's limited to that world -- so with the outdoor pack you could theoretically have Bigfoot hanging out there but he wouldn't be wandering the streets of Oasis Springs (can you imagine how sweaty fur gets in the desert?).
  • Options
    People may think the world has too many trees and looks small but we have to take into consideration it's a CAMPING world. Camping in the forest is very common so alot of those wooded areas probably have tons of lots on them for camping etc.

Wouldn't need that big a lot for setting up a campsite -- 20x15 or even smaller could work. Just need room for a tent or two. Lot would probably come with the bonfire, picnic table, maybe one of the little grills and an outhouse/portapotty.