Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Wow, so totally 90s!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm excited. Bon Voyage was one of my favorite EPs and this sounds like it will be right up my alley.

Mine too :) that's why I can't wait for them to reveal more of this :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Even more:
    Sims will become tense if they don't take a vacation in a long time
    You can reserve holiday homes
    There are rental units and once they are all gone the world is unusable
    Residence become rentals when placed in a vacation world (are we getting more)
    Go to lodging (Lodges)
    Extend vacations through phones and computers

This sounds really cool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Even more:
    Sims will become tense if they don't take a vacation in a long time
    You can reserve holiday homes
    There are rental units and once they are all gone the world is unusable
    Residence become rentals when placed in a vacation world (are we getting more)
    Go to lodging (Lodges)
    Extend vacations through phones and computers

This is pretty cool.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I've updated the original post with everything we know so far
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Wow looking forward to this, It is a shame EA isn't filling us in and have to find out thru a 3rd party. I would pay the 20 bucks if it was a full size neighborhood. Shame everything is so clock and dagger with this game
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Definitely something I am interested in seeing herbalist is something I do in real life, and loved the camping in Sims 2. So yes. Twenty dollars is cheap seeing it includes new programming too. Shoot in previous sims we paid that just for a stuff pack with no new programming. But they definitely have my interest level up even though I am still annoyed there is no toddlers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Can anyone tell me what a herbalist is?
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    If you combine the two images, it looks like this:

xjDhCbp.jpg

Looks like just 3 hoods? Unless there is another image that contains the highlighting for the other hoods.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I think an herbalist is someone like an alternative therapy person who uses "natural" medicines and aromatherapy to improve a person's well-being. I'm not sure how it will work in the Sims though. Maybe they'll add massage therapy too.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Wow, so totally 90s!

Why do you say that? People camp and herbalism has been around for centuries - so neither is a 90's thing. In New Hampshire where I live Camp grounds are constantly filled to overflowing - camping and hiking is and has been a recreation families do. It is actually more popular now a days than it was in the 90's.
    - You must be a city person.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    For me it's not even about how many lots there are are but what is there to do for my sims? What activities are there? What new interactions are there?
    Glic2003 wrote: »

xjDhCbp.jpg

Looks like just 3 hoods? Unless there is another image that contains the highlighting for the other hoods.

It looks like there could be three distinct areas of a neighberhood or 3 neighberhoods
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

xjDhCbp.jpg

It looks like there could be three distinct areas of a neighberhood or 3 neighberhoods

Maybe three campsites?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member

xjDhCbp.jpg

In other words more money for a smaller world.... :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The nice thing about the size of these lots may mean that there is much more explorable space without load screens!
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I say this in the nicest way possible. How could anyone pay $20 for this? it should be $10 AT MOST
    At least in Sims 3 we paid for huge world that would be usable with no limit of lots- well as many as you can fit on there.
    Sims 4 has flat landscapes and flat backgrounds with limited lots, this is probably not even as hard to make as the Sims 3 worlds.

EA, are you trying to get you money back?

I pay 50 million simoleans for it!

*anxiously stands in line with cash in hand*
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I hope this comes soon, it sounds like fun!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    $20? Heh, now I know why they're not releasing CAW.
    ejoslin wrote: »

The price is not official...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    That $20 price tag better be a joke.

Nonetheless the theme for this game pack does interest me. I haven't been camping since I was chased by a bear.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

The price is not official...

That's a relief. I hope it's not $20. I'm thinking $5-$10 may be appropriate just based on what DLCs from non-EA games generally cost.

This may come out soon. It wouldn't surprise me if the free Christmas pack is a test to see how well this delivery system works.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

xjDhCbp.jpg

In other words more money for a smaller world.... :(

Hard to say if the world is actually smaller or not. It just could be that it's the same size of world but divided differently. Imagine 2 or 3 Magnolia blossom parks with all the surrounding public area....maybe it's like that!
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    As a simmer since day 1 I can honestly say this new "pack" is an absolutely perfect solution to the store. It's not limited like the store content was, and buy doing these "game packs" we can get a plethora of stuff back into our games without worrying about if it fits the next EP theme. It also affords those players who don't want everything released to have a better shot and picking and choosing what they want for their money.

I'm absolutely in l e with this concept.

Bravo Sims team! Bravo with the update, the free DLC - everything now bring me toddlers so I can join in on the Sims 4 fun and games! I love the DLC concept so much I totally look forward to joining 4, I just refuse until toddlers are back.

This first pack is amazing. I'm so excited and I don't even have 4! Vacations right away? Utilizing the coolest thing about the new engine is traveling without cheats mods or consequences! I'm in love.

They are like mini expansions it seems. Some functional, interactive gameplay, PC style objects, decor, furnishings, clothes and world all in one. For 20 bucks? Absolutely. What made the store venues and worlds a rip off was the limitation n gameplay. Now they can bring these concepts to the game in an all new format!!

LOVE!!!
    Maybe toddler will be added in a gameplay pack its the easiest way to give them loads of interactions, clothes and attention