Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hello everyone. Glad to see you are digging deep into today's Update to find all the "hidden" stuff. Just wanted to let you know that we will be making an official announcement on Friday. Nope, not going to confirm what the announcement is. I will leave you to guess.

More free updates? :) or probably they are going to officially confirm the new game pack that I want already :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Okay.

I just saw the video over at SimsVIP and I have to say, I've changed my mind; I'm pretty excited. I still need to see more, but, so far it looks impressive. Still not worth €20, but, we'll see.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I mean I am excited about finding this new stuff, but man... Guys we should try and leave some surprises to the EA team. I mean they are working really hard and I like a surprise.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Toddlers -> Camping. Period.
  • Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    Oh wow this sounds awesome!!! <3
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited December 2014
    Careersmas just became Campmas.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    So it's confirmed the campgrounds will be a lot type now?
  • ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I'm quite interest, have to see the pricing for it first before i start handing out money
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

SG B Chick. I can't wait to get this camping dlc. I've been wanting camping in TS4 since it came out.
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    I hope the announcement also talks about toddlers....
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Hello everyone. Glad to see you are digging deep into today's Update to find all the "hidden" stuff. Just wanted to let you know that we will be making an official announcement on Friday. Nope, not going to confirm what the announcement is. I will leave you to guess.

Hahaha, might be a bit late by Friday ;) Still, this would be the best announcement:

"Hey guys! We're excited to announce that in this new Granite Falls camping pack, toddlers will be coming back to the Sims 4!!"

Yep. that would do it for me.

Also, I love camping. What I've seen so far looks really exciting. Cool beans!
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Surprised nobody has linked it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I'm not seeing new worlds, just a single world, unless the vacation worlds are to be sold separately, then we might get more. The game description over SimsVIP seems to point a single world only. "Wander into an all-new destination" I hope I'm very wrong.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I still want hotels. Maybe they will make a beach themed one with hotels and new pool accessories. That would have me jumping for joy. All of this sounds like a good mix of Vacation and Bon Voyage to me though, which is probably why I'm even more excited for it.
  • PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    > @acee313 said:
    > I'm not seeing new worlds, just a single world, unless the vacation worlds are to be sold separately, then we might get more. The game description over SimsVIP seems to point a single world only. "Wander into an all-new destination" I hope I'm very wrong.
    Yeah, I'm getting just a one world vibe too. I'd rather have a few locations like Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Personally, I'd like to see another tropical vacation spot because I think I'd look very good with the Sims 4 graphics. This is still kinda confusing whether it's a stuff pack or expansion or just something new though. I'm glad the first pack includes totally new things though so that will be cool.
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Definitely something I am interested in seeing herbalist is something I do in real life, and loved the camping in Sims 2. So yes. Twenty dollars is cheap seeing it includes new programming too. Shoot in previous sims we paid that just for a stuff pack with no new programming. But they definitely have my interest level up even though I am still annoyed there is no toddlers.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A new world with more places to visit, more than one premium content and all for $20, but people are calling EA thieves when they happily paid the same thing for TS2 and TS3 stuff packs that had no new gameplay and/or $35+ for new worlds in TS3.

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I don't know about this.

It looks like an amped up Sylvan Glade to me. I don't see how we could build on that or where we could put things. It just looks like one big neighborhood in a vast area of empty space.

Also...what does this mean?

[*]There are rental units and once they are all gone the world is unusable

That concerns me, we won't be able to use the world we purchased once all the rental units are gone? Or will we be forced to create a new game just to reuse the world? More than likely this is an issue with using Google Translate but the way that is worded has me concerned.

I'm definitely going to be waiting for others to review this before purchasing. While I love the idea of outdoor/camping activities, I'm not sure I want to add a single neighborhood world to my game.

I guess it's just too soon and too many question I need answered before I'm ready to take a nibble. It could be that this is the starting off point for future destinations that will be added later?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I It could be that this is the starting off point for future destinations that will be added later?

That's what I think. We may get vacation themes sold separately. Which I don't mind. Then we can pick and choose which ones we want. This is just one of those destinations methinks.

• acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Pandypink wrote: »
    > @acee313 said:<br />
    > I'm not seeing new worlds, just a single world, unless the vacation worlds are to be sold separately, then we might get more. The game description over SimsVIP seems to point a single world only. "Wander into an all-new destination" I hope I'm very wrong.<br />

Yeah, I'm getting just a one world vibe too. I'd rather have a few locations like Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Personally, I'd like to see another tropical vacation spot because I think I'd look very good with the Sims 4 graphics. This is still kinda confusing whether it's a stuff pack or expansion or just something new though. I'm glad the first pack includes totally new things though so that will be cool.

I believe it's a different from EP's and SP's. I've read an article from SimsVIP before where they found three kind of add-ons to TS4, SP's, EP's, and Game Packs. So this is the game pack.

http://simsvip.com/2014/10/18/the-sims-4-cash-card-gamestuff-packs-confirmed/

Apparently, we can get Game Packs and Stuff Packs through the store. I'm not sure about expansions now.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    If no one looked into the files of the CAS demo, there was a reference to "Expansion Packs", "Stuff Packs", and "Game Packs". Just thought I would let anyone who didn't know, know.
    Now I can finally have my sims camp at the park in Oasis Springs. Those parks that came with the base game make good camping places themselves.
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Why can't there be just full, high quality expansion packs like ts1 anymore? if this is a vacation type world why just not release an ep with 3 worlds in it like ts2 and 3? These game packs sound like expansions that are unfinished and then released (like the game itself) I'm fine with a few stuff packs to buy but this is worse! :| #justepsplease #nostore #nostuffpacks #nogamepacks
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Also...what does this mean?

[*]There are rental units and once they are all gone the world is unusable

That concerns me, we won't be able to use the world we purchased once all the rental units are gone? Or will we be forced to create a new game just to reuse the world?

I think it means it'll work like a fully booked hotel. You can make reservations, it says, so I would assume you would be able to go once there is a lodge available (another family finishes their holiday)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Wow, so totally 90s!

Why do you say that? People camp and herbalism has been around for centuries - so neither is a 90's thing. In New Hampshire where I live Camp grounds are constantly filled to overflowing - camping and hiking is and has been a recreation families do. It is actually more popular now a days than it was in the 90's.
    - You must be a city person.

I've always loved camping -- don't have the time to do much of it now, but hoping next year to get to one of the local state parks where they have tent cabins for rent. (We can go during the off-season when it's cheaper since my husband and I are both retired.) It's usually a fairly inexpensive vacation for families, especially larger families.

Herbalism: maybe we'll be able to plant the herbs in our Sims' home gardens (good for gardening Sims) or make some sort of potions to affect emotions (the kids have the chemistry table, we need something similar for adults). Geeks will like the extra collecting opportunities.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Glic2003 wrote: »
    If you combine the two images, it looks like this:

xjDhCbp.jpg

Looks like just 3 hoods? Unless there is another image that contains the highlighting for the other hoods.

It looks like there could be three distinct areas of a neighberhood or 3 neighberhoods

In other words more money for a smaller world.... :(

This looks to be a special vacation world, not a residential world -- those might be coming eventually as well.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)