Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you create themed neighborhoods? Show me!

Comments

• Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    The small city includes a few specialty buildings. This is a small mall that contains a hardware store, a clothing store, Food court, pet shop, and a dime store.

tricounty11-e1421780591616.png

I dressed up the rabbit hole (RH) hospital, created storefronts with apartments for the main street, and gathered some RH buildings for redressing as a main street block as well.

tricounty1-e1421780660985.png

In the background, the public water park (swimming pool), library, and a bakery are visible. I created these lots for another world and use them often as they are effective in appearance and space.
  • Options
    I used brown roads to represent the country roads that join the paved roads in the rural areas.

tricounty13-e1421780896461.png

Farms also dot the rural area between the three communities.

tricounty15-e1421781003958.png

And, I added simple fields. Some have fences, most do not.

tricounty0-e1421781117636.png
  • Options
    The rural community is not completed yet. I place some standard homes that I have already created, but I like to add new ones to each new world. I am still adding country homes to this part of the map. The homes have a country feel to them although they are in the small town.

tricounty2-e1421781281259.png

I used rabbit holes (RH) in the country as well, but I used them in a different fashion in order to keep the feel of the rural community.
    This hospital RH is called a doctor's office and has an outer shell that gives it a country look.

tricounty3a-e1421781448285.png

There is a RH inside the building so the sims can obtain the treatments or work as medical professions within the small community. The inside of the office looks like this:

tricounty3b-e1421781586847.png
    This RH can from Lunar Lakes premium world from the store.
  • Options
    The City Hall is a smaller building, but it is done the same way.

tricounty4a-e1421781705504.png

This image shows that all the features of the city hall RH are still available even though I covered them over.

tricounty4b-e1421781783781.png

The police station is called the Sheriff's office and is done in a similar fashion.

tricounty5a-e1421781870428.png

However, the sheriff's office has added items: jail cells that are functional. My local officer is a genie so he can take control of the criminals and cause them to walk into the cell. Then, he can lock the door so only he can open it. The Criminal stays inside until his time is up.

tricounty5b-e1421782009516.png

The sheriff is in the investigation career so he can sit at the desk and work on cases while the bad guy does his time.
  • Options
    The suburb is mostly completed; however, I still have some homes and a couple business to finish building. Building lots take time, which is why I save the one's I like most to the library and reuse them. The homes in this area are larger and more costly.

tricounty6-e1421782220164.png

tricounty7-e1421782276399.png

It's starting to get dark in the world there, but I took this image of the unfinished main street. The main street has specialty parks, it's own city hall, and behind the main street, the school for the gifted. Not pictured is the spa and the campgrounds.

tricounty8-e1421782328228.png

• Options
    The campground has one common house with places to sleep, and several individual camp lots with a fire pit and table, and enough space for sleeping bags or a tent. The common house was too dark, but here is an evening shot of the camp spot near the lake.

tricounty10-e1421782565234.png

A clearer image of the nectary.

03-nectary-e1421782948565.png

On the edge of the waterfront city, there is a "block" of community housing. These small houses are complete for one and are classified as apartments so they rent very low. Even a young adult just starting out can afford to live in this world.

tricounty12-e1421783043864.png

Of course, there is so much more to the world, but I don't want to carry on so long as to bore anyone.
  • Options
    I have a diver's themed world as well. It has active volcanoes, as many as 5 diving spots, three beaches, and three islands.

I am working in CaW on a houseboat community where most of the businesses are on a coast line and all of the homes are on boats.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Thanks rose and Ed, kinda stumped at the moment but something will come to mind! :p

@ Shadoza, your TS3 world looks really nice! I never did mess with CAW in TS3 but I did play on Rflong's Legacy Island III for a time, it must be a lot of work but really cool to construct an entire world to your liking. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your project! :)
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    I have a diver's themed world as well. It has active volcanoes, as many as 5 diving spots, three beaches, and three islands.

I am working in CaW on a houseboat community where most of the businesses are on a coast line and all of the homes are on boats.

I love your world! A nice theme, and well thought out. I have used CAW to build a few worlds myself. My favorite theme was building the old west. Good luck on your houseboat community, I know how much work it takes to build a whole world by yourself! Please post pics when you can. :)

fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your world looks very nice! @Shadoza2 :) It looks very nice how you have done the different areas of the world. It looks a great place for sims to enjoy living!
  • Options
    Thank you, @ehaught58 and @Rosemow. It takes a long time to create an entire world, especially when using a large map. I really enjoy creating them and playing in the worlds is like having a brand new game with every world. :smiley:
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes all are very beautiful <3 and its sounded like a fun idea :D you must have enjoyed it B)

I want to try it now B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Love the latest neighborhood additions, very creative and well done everyone! Ehaught, I love the western theme, you did an excellent job!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    My newest themed neighborhood. Made for the northern neighborhood in the NewCrest world. All five lots are designated as Retail, but includes many other types of buildings, such as hotels, a gym, places to eat, a bar, and more.

Np936IX.png
    7Svhb2M.png
    48EqM3O.png
    eu8aqXz.png
    Clj9Wiq.png
    lha8xMH.png

You can get all five lots in My Gallery.
    Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Looks beautiful. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    babygirl0305babygirl0305 Posts: 4 New Member
    I will send in some pics later. I have a neighborhood like this too! I have a suburban one, a modern one, an city/industrial one and many more. :)
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Omgg I lovee this thread! I have a japanese custom world... still in progress... but the houses arent mine.. I just choose them from gallery :P
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Going to share the pics with you guys... the houses arent mine, but if you like them or want them i will search for the creator! The building community is amazing!

the world
    GoT1tYI.jpg

the first neighborhood
    ARAkdm5.png
    9n60N9n.jpg

the second
    7mhnKEj.png
    1HokMPV.jpg

the third
    nkJoBAb.png
    WxQjK3w.jpg

the fourth
    yCJ1f4h.png
    yv7Id0u.jpg

the commercial district
    G9DB6dt.png
    YrCejrk.jpg
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    JoHolt177JoHolt177 Posts: 65 Member
    @pandie00

Wow!! Those are all so cool :) I really love the commercial district!!!
  • Options
    ty @JoHolt177 !! :*

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Japanese themed world looks very great! @pandie00 :) The builds go together so well! It was very nice seeing the pictures of the neighbourhoods of the world :)
  • Options
    Ty vm @rosemow :*:*:*

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @pandie00 Totally awesome world and neighborhoods! :)
    Post edited by ehaught58 on
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @ehaught58 -- amazing builds. I LOVE how you makeover the worlds. I am currently making over Oasis Springs into post-apocalyptic Murkland. Before that, I made over Willow Creek as Eco-Sim Utopia and I made over Magnolia Promenade into Pirates Promenade. So yes, like you, I like to do makeovers. Yours are so AMAZING! Great work!
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Sharing my Filipino-themed neighborhood :) About 90% complete since I still haven't completed the builds in the upper-left part of the map. All builds created by me.

rwm96f8.png
    GVDDaH9.png
    dfMskfM.png
    68rbAKk.png
    gHHVb0a.png
    21SLxVR.png
    nn76lBr.png