Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sawdust's Showcase - New Build - The Koffee Houze - 11/4/2017

Comments

• Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Love your new designs Sawdust.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Nice job with Dog N Bone Tavern, I love the entrance! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Thanks @Kamb1403 and @Chris2fer03. It was a toss up between the knights and the dogs but the dogs gave me the idea for the name so they won. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2014
    Nicely done with your Woodcutters Cottage and Dog N Bone Tavern. :D
    I really like your Tudor feel on both of these lots. Great landscaping and furnishing too. Gonna love them. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely tavern! Charming architecture again! Good job! :D
  • Options
    Thanks @ RyeCris16 and @yanti68. Always appreciate the comments. :)
  • Options
    Donton Manor - Fantasy - 20 x 30 Lot
    3 Bed, 3.5 Bath, $123,352

Loosely based on the Donton house in Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Fair amount of MOO used. Have tested and apart from En-suite basin being unusable, rest seems OK. I liked the basin so didn't change it and the Sims don't complain they just find another. Has pool.

See here for more pictures.

[img][/img]12-19-14_6-01nbspPM_zps7b60059b.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The roofing and towers in Donton Manor are very nice! The stone texture of the exterior is great. It looks very nice how you have done the front exterior windows. The flowers either side of the front entranceway and the wreath on the door are nice for sims to see as they enter the home. The side arches patio is very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The fish water fountain feature looks nice in the foyer area. Very nice layout of the home. It looks great how you have used arches through the build. The stone texture of the walls looks nice, and the type of and placement of the curtains looks nice. Nice dining room. The picture on the fireplace wall is nice for sims to see whilst enjoying eating a meal there, and the clock on the ledge is homely. The menorah is a nice touch on the dining table. Very nice design of the kitchen! The stove alcove area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets on the walls. The study room is very nice! Nice window study desk alcove area. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer or enjoy resting on the arnchairs having a chat and a read of a book. The wall paneling in the study and living room areas looks nice. The pictures on the walls add a nice look to the rooms. Very nice living room tv watching nook. It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchair facing the tv. Sims will like sittimg chatting there whilst watching tv. Nice art nook. The blue colour of the walls creates a calming feel for sims as they enjoy painting on the easel there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The red colour scheme of the bedroom looks nice, and it looks very nice how you have placed the curtains and the windows in the bedhead and the side areas of the room! It looks very nice how you have placed the counters in the master bathroom! The pink floral wall pattern looks nice in the girls bedroom. The study desk area is nice for sims to sit and read a book at the table. It looks very nice how you have placed the animal pictures on the wall there. Very nice outdoors pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. It looks nice how you have placed rocks around the edges of the pool. Sims will enjoy cooking and eating meals outdoors at the table.
    It is a very nice home. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow your kind and detailed thoughts are welcome. :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Another gorgeous home! I just adore the architecture! Well done! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :D
  • Options
    Thanks @yanti68. I do miss the wall ivy though. I made that house for Sims 3 and had the ivy growing up the front of the house. It adds just that little touch that makes all the difference. :)
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Lovely new addition sawdust, very charming! I agree with you, I wish we had wall ivy or some sort of clinging vine, adds so much character to a build. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Thanks @Chris2fer03. Especially for the fantasy/ olde world/English country type of builds. Here's hoping EA don't take too long to bring out some of the "charming" additions.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Hi Ho Cottage is adorable!! So creative!
    The Elven Inn is beautifully done! Wonderful job!
    Woodcutters Cottage is nicely done! I love the rusticness of it! Especially how you used a picnic bench in the kitchen.. nice touch!
    Dog N Bone Tavern is a great community lot, and it looks like they really enjoy themselves there! :)
    Donton Manor is beautiful! I love the colors you used on the outside and how you used block work on the inside for a rustic feel!

NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Sawdust Donton Manor is a very charming build, I love the soft colour palette you have used. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    Thanks @ foolyfoot for noticing the colour. I did want to get away from the more traditional greys and browns on this build. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas Sawdust! :D
    Donton Manor is very wonderful! :D
    I like your architectural layout and design. Great mixing of different exterior wall patterns. Love your landscaping too. I like your pond at the back. And your interior, amazing! Great use of Victorian furnishing, very suiting in Medieval-themed lots.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Donton Manor is very beautiful, great roofing and windows placement, very pretty facade :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @masajo and @RyeCris16. I appreciate your comments. And @tiki5872 I missed your comments this morning, sorry about that. I certainly wasn't ignoring you. :) Thankyou all for your kind words.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Family Vacation - Cabin Style - 30 x 20 Lot
    3 Bed, 2 Bath, $71,353
    Modern Cabin suitable as vacation home or regular home. Has been MOO'd, tested and found no problems. Upstairs landing is set up as play area for adults (card table) and children (doll house and creativity table). Includes small reading room downstairs and a large front patio area.

See here for more pictures.

[img][/img]12-22-14_9-40nbspPM_zps2bee8934.png
  • Options
    This will be my last build this side of Christmas so I would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and to thankyou for your kindness and support.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Wow Sawdust!! You are one Fabulous builder! Although you have many different styles, each one is superbly done and I love them all. I am especially drawn to your Medieval/Fantasy styles. Donton Manor is beautiful! I especially Love the pool. And your cabin is adorable! Awesome job on the fireplace! I think I may have to try that sometime, lol! I hope you and your loved ones have Happy and peaceful holidays! :)
  • Options
    ValrhonaMaraValrhonaMara Posts: 9 New Member
    The Beltado caught my eye. All of your work is lovely, but I do have a weakness for the Spanish-Mediterranean style homes and always on the lookout for ones that might fit the neighborhood I am building. Thank you for sharing your talent and happy holidays.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2014
    Family Vacation is a very nice home :) The upper windowed roofing looks great! The wraparound front deck looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the seats there eating meals that they have cooked on the bbq, enjoying the outdoors air. The texture of the exterior walls looks great and captures the cabin feel. The stone texture of the chimney looks nice. Nice back upper balcony. The plants look nice that you have placed them there. Very nice furnishing of and layout of the interior of the home! The wooden flooring looks nice. Very nice window study alcove! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst sitting at the table using the computer or reading a book there. Very nice living room! The stone textured archway fireplace section looks very great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas and armchair there, warming up in front of the fire. It looks nice how you have angled the seating. Very nice layout of the kitchen. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets on the walls there. The blue colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. It looks great how you have done the bar stool counter with the overhead cabinets! The bedrooms are very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the master bedroom! The towel shelves nook in the bathroom looks very nice! Very nice upper landing nooks for sims to have fun playing games on the card table and child sims to enjoy creating artwork on the art table and playing with the dollhouse. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa having a read of a book. It looks nice how you have placed the animal pictures diagonally on the wall in the kids bedrooom.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Happy Christmas to you too ! :)
  • Options
    Thanks @wrathofcath I especially like fantasy as a genre and I'm glad the fireplace worked. The Sims I had testing had no trouble lighting it as you can see in the picture. Always an added bonus when things work properly. :)

Thanks @valrhonamara. I do have a few more Mediterranean styles in the pipeline for next year so you never know, there might be something you like in the mix. :)

Thanks @rosemow. You're detailed comments are always welcome. Glad you liked it. :)