Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sawdust's Showcase - New Build - The Koffee Houze - 11/4/2017

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Very awesome new lots since my last visit. :D Gonna love them.
    You're doing an awesome job with your Family Vacation and English Art N Craft Story. Very well done. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Excellent work on English Art n Craft, love all the details :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks @masajo. It's like they say ... the devil's in the details. ;) I think it's quite often the minor details that lift a house. :)
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Heh, I thought I had already commented on this one. I guess I didn't :p The cottage with market stall is so adorable!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    Hi @Cerrydd and thanks. I get a bit lost myself sometimes, thinking I've commented when I haven't. :)
    OSCC (Oasis Springs Community Centre) - Library
    30 x 20 lot - Built on Oasis Springs Museum lot.

A requested build that includes children's activity centre, computers, chess, painting, card table and bookcases. The bookcases don't have the skill books as I believe the Library (debug) bookcases don't survive the upload/download process.

See here for more pictures.

[img][/img]02-11-15_5-34nbspPM_zpsi3zvdfme.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The exterior design and layout of OSSC Library is very nice! :) It looks nice how you have done the windows in the build, for sims to enjoy looking out through them at the outdoors views whilst indoors. It looks nice how you have used the stonework trxture in the exterior. The raised bed with the trees in looks great! It looks great how you have placed the rocks, plants and signage at the front area of the build. The build suits Oasis Springs world. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the building! Nice armchair sitting nook in the foyer. The blue colour of the foyer and the children's area walls looks nice. It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels in the archways leading from one area to the other! The children's area is great! Chikd sims will have fun playing with the doll house or enjoy doing artwork on the art tables. It looks nice how you have angled and placed the art tables in the corners of the room. The tree, rabbits and clouds prints look nice on the walls. The big toy animals look cute in the room! Nice ground floor study desks room. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases and desks there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk tables using the computers or reading a book. The pictures on the walls are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. Very nice upstairs sofa and arnchairs sitting areas. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the seats having a read and a chat. The red colour of the seating looks nice. It looks great how you have placed the arnchairs back to back. Sims will have fun playing games on the card table. Nice art studio area. Sims will enjoy doing painting on the easels. It looks nice how you have placed floor mats at the base of the easels and have side tables with tissue boxes and pencils on them. They are nice touches there. It looks great how you have used the screen shade to divide off a chess playing area.
    Sims will enjoy visiting the library ! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Lovely new library design and fantastic landscaping :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Another gorgeous build @sawdust
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Welcome back @sawdust! :DOSCC Library is very amazing! :D
    I love your architecture, especially with your mixture of rustic and paints. Very nice roofing too! Your landscaping is very adorable too! I love your choices and placement of plants. And your interior, amazing! I love our use of modern furnishing in your build, fits in Oasis Springs very well.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Thanks @rosemow, @masajo, @kamb1403 and @RyeCris16.

After some testing with a friend, I have uploaded a second edition with the bookcases that have the skill books. Only the bookcases in the computer room have the skill books but they remained and are playable for her so hopefully they will remain that way for everyone. I can only assume EA fixed the problem that stopped these surviving the "gallery" process. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    The library looks so nice! I am loving the exterior. Nice choice of texture and pattern for the exterior. :D
    Thanks @yanti68. Just wish those columns wouldn't "snap to" as I couldn't get the corners to line up properly. :)
  • KaleidowKaleidow Posts: 10 New Member
    Really lovely builds! From the beginning to the latest you've improved so much! Well done! :D
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Love your work. It realistic and some off them so historic true to Australia. Well done on the amazing showcase BTW I love Australia, always said if I ever immigrate it would be Australia, Canada, UK or US in that order <3
    Beachside - Modern Family Home - 40 x 30 lot
    $246,936, 3 bed, 3 bath

Large family home that could be redecorated as 5 bed. Has music room, games room, study, studio, entertainment area with bar. Main bedroom has walk-in robe and ensuite.

See here for more pictures.

[img][/img]05-13-15_1-41nbspPM_zps7ic7n7zp.png

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Looks fantastic sawdust and welcome back.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Beachside is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The curved roofing is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants along the edges of the home. Very nice pool and outdoors dining patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colours that you have used for the walls and furnishings through the home look very nice. The birds pictures on the foyer wall are nice for sims to see as they enter the home. The red colour of the pot and lamp on the side table looks nice with the green colour of the wall. The yellow and red themed alcove with the flowers and books on top of the table looks nice. Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have angled and placed armchairs either sides of the sofa and the way you have used both yellow and red coloured gives a very nice look in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching TV together. Very nice bar, study and entertainment room! It looks nice how you have placed alternating coloured stools there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat. It looks nice how you have placed the drinks display cabinets there. Sims will have fun dancing to the music from the stereo! The patterned floor rug adds a nice touch to the room. Nice study desk nook corner. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table having a read of a book or using the computer. Very nice dining room! It looks very effective how you have placed the different sizes of the wall decor in descending sizes on the wall! The flowers on the table in the alcove on the wall are nice for sims to see when dining there. The green dining seats look nice with the glass dining table. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The curved island counter looks great! The condiments and knives are nice kitchen touches on the counter and the cutlery is a nice touch on the wall. The blue wall tiling looks nice. The flower boxes along the window of the upper landing area looks very pretty! Very nice master bedroom! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the bedhead! The dog sculptures on the bedhead tables are nice touches there. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa looking out through their bedroom windows at the outdoors views and having a read of a book. The walk in master clothes, shoes and dressing room is very nice! The yellow and orange colour scheme of the kids bedroom is very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the circle floor rugs in the room. The tree and bunnies prints on the study desk wall are nice for the kids to see whrn they are sitting at the desk doing homework or reading a book . They will like doing artwork on the table in the corner art nook. It looks nice how you have placed the rosettes in a diagonal line on the side wall. The enlarged picture on the bedhead wall in the other bedroom is nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The vanity table alcove is very nice! The map picture on the wall in the study is a nice touch for sims to see when sitting at the table using the computer or having a read. The butterflies, birds and sketch pictures look nice how you are arranged them on the wall. The music room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating listening to the music from the piano and guitar being played, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The pink/purple and black colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The musician themed pictures on the wall look nice there and suit well the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the shelves on the wall between the bookcases in the gym room! They look great!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely home! I like the roof very much! :D
    Thanks @kamb1403. It has been awhile. I got into playing Dragon Age 1, 2 and 3 and have only raised my head to take a breath and finish this house.

Thanks @rosemow. Always appreciate your detailed comments.

Thanks @yanti68. I built this house last October but never furnished it and put it on the gallery because that roof had two places upstairs where it clipped into the house. I finally got round to rearranging the downstairs so I could add a false wall upstairs on one side but that method didn't work the other side so that's why the flower pots. They're hiding the bit of roof. ;)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Really liking your new house @sawdust ! Love the interior and how you used different wall colors!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great home, Sawdust! I like your choice of the barn style roofing! Makes it stand out from among the crowd.
    5sXtTqH.png
    Thanks @Tiki5872. I remember you made a Medieval Sorcerer's House for Sims 3 that I loved to death. :)

Thanks @Ash072. The house I used as a basis had a rounded roofline. So much easier doing it in Sims 4 as compared to all the CFE work one had to do in Sims 3. :)