Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me what's fun in s4.

Comments

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Take some angry poops...
  • Options
    nikkimouse14nikkimouse14 Posts: 19 New Member
    Yes, when I first got the Sims 4 it was super boring. However, I sold my Ds XL for it so I wasn't going to let it go to waste. For me, I was bad at building houses in the sims 3 so I decided to give it a try in the sims 4, which made it more exciting.
    Another thing that I find can be fun sometimes is looking up sims 3/4 challenges and playing the game like that. (Pregnancy challenge, homeless, etc.)
    I still play the sims 3 more often but the sims 4 isn't boring anymore.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    What's fun in Sims 4? This seems like a trick question.... :|
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    @EasyToRead, no, not at all, read my original post, and you will see what I mean.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    What's fun?
    tumblr_m4trosaTXm1qii6tmo1_250.gif
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Unless you are a collector and like to collect rocks, space aliens, fish and garden... There isn't much to Sims 4. My gameplay is different, and I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4. I can see potential with Sims 4, but there isn't enough in the base game to keep me interested in playing it.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What's fun?

Dude! Your siggy totally creeped me out. I see the eyes moving and it makes me wonder if I'm going mad lol
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Haven't played the game since the end of September/beginning of October. I just went back to playing TS2 and TS3 and when I play those it reminds me of what a sims game should be, and I completely forget about the unwanted step-child that is TS4.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I play it but I have been excited about this game that I have had for awhile sequel so I have been trying to finish my games so I can play the new one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Hello.

I got s4 today, but so far it seems...mind-numbingly boring. I remember a lot people saying at first they thought the game was dull, but then after playing it became fun. So, what should I do?

It's not just you, it is mind-numbingly boring. Nothing in it is fun.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    It's not just you, it is mind-numbingly boring. Nothing in it is fun.

Everything in it is fun.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @Ck213, I really like those textures of the custom hair. That is no more than what some of the defaults in the TS2 had. I just don't understand EA's choice with the art style comparing those two hairstyles as far as texture and shape goes. (ends)... I guess I never will.

I still call it the lazy art style...

Sometimes, it's really disappointing to look at that default hair in the TS4. Then look at custom hair. In the TS2 and TS3 I can see just as many strands and textures on their hair than in this game. It's really annoying to realize you almost convince yourself when playing the default TS4 hair isn't all that bad...lol..then you switch to TS2 and or TS3 and can count every lovely strand (texture) and come to your senses.

I am curious as to why TS4 sims hair is the way it is. Is it because of direct choice, inability to make the engine perform a certain way, or being held back by other platform considerations, or is it simply that TS4 hair can be made in a fraction of the time and cost?

I hope TS5 sims are more like this with a skin somewhere in-between TS4 and TS3. Not too real, not too cartoonish. Oh, and with eyelashes with individual hairs instead of a mono-lash.
    TS42014-11-2917-39-06-00.png

I can't use this hair at all.
    You can't tell in a still image, but you can see through the hair that is supposed to be on the back of the head and see the underside of the hair that is supposed to be in front.
    TS42014-11-2917-39-35-21.png

Back on topic!

What's fun for me in TS4?
    I guess going forward, it will be trying to shape it into the game I want it to be by any means necessary. >:)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    What's fun?

Dude! Your siggy totally creeped me out. I see the eyes moving and it makes me wonder if I'm going mad lol
    tumblr_lpkj3uqnxb1qj5cxmo1_250.gif

Are you sure? it shouldn't move.

• Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    @Ck213, I really like those textures of the custom hair. That is no more than what some of the defaults in the TS2 had. I just don't understand EA's choice with the art style comparing those two hairstyles as far as texture and shape goes. (ends)... I guess I never will.

I still call it the lazy art style...

Sometimes, it's really disappointing to look at that default hair in the TS4. Then look at custom hair. In the TS2 and TS3 I can see just as many strands and textures on their hair than in this game. It's really annoying to realize you almost convince yourself when playing the default TS4 hair isn't all that bad...lol..then you switch to TS2 and or TS3 and can count every lovely strand (texture) and come to your senses.

I am curious as to why TS4 sims hair is the way it is. Is it because of direct choice, inability to make the engine perform a certain way, or being held back by other platform considerations, or is it simply that TS4 hair can be made in a fraction of the time and cost?

I hope TS5 sims are more like this with a skin somewhere in-between TS4 and TS3. Not too real, not too cartoonish. Oh, and with eyelashes with individual hairs instead of a mono-lash.
    TS42014-11-2917-39-06-00.png

I can't use this hair at all.
    You can't tell in a still image, but you can see through the hair that is supposed to be on the back of the head and see the underside of the hair that is supposed to be in front.
    TS42014-11-2917-39-35-21.png

Back on topic!

What's fun for me in TS4?
    I guess going forward, it will be trying to shape it into the game I want it to be by any means necessary. >:)

That hair looks like complete and utter trash. Do you people not give two plums about clashing art styles? I can't stand you people...
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I started to enjoy the game when I ignored all that I hated about it and started to just, you know, play it.

Multitasking is defiantly my big game saver. I always enjoy The Sims when things were more social for some reason, and being able to chat while literally doing basically anything is kinda nice for me.

I say just force yourself to play it for a while, with aging off preferably, and don't try to pick out things to make it fun; just play.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited November 2014
    If you're a huge Facebook game lover, and enjoy Sims Social, or even SimsFree Play, then this game is for you! If you've enjoyed the previous games (The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3), then this game is not for you. Sadly, I had wanted to love this game so badly, but the magic is gone. What has made the Sims so great since 2000 has been stripped away and in it's place we have been give a social media game. It's truly a shame and very sad.

My one daughter even said it reminds her of My Sims, but in a bad way, since The Sims isn't My Sims. She played for thirty minutes then closed out the game. She was on the verge of tears she was so upset with Sims 4. At this point she really hates EA.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    For me it works best if you ignore the Emotion stuff (which bounces around crazily, anyone who behaved like that IRL would get sectioned) and just pick your own objective and play towards achieving it, if that coincides with game-given goals/whims, so much the better, but your own thing and it's alot of fun - at least for me! :)
  • Options
    If you're a huge Facebook game lover, and enjoy Sims Social, or even SimsFree Play, then this game is for you! If you've enjoyed the previous games (The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3), then this game is not for you. Sadly, I had wanted to love this game so badly, but the magic is gone. What has made the Sims so great since 2000 has been stripped away and in it's place we have been give a social media game. It's truly a shame and very sad.

My one daughter even said it reminds her of My Sims, but in a bad way, since The Sims isn't My Sims. She played for thirty minutes then closed out the game. She was on the verge of tears she was so upset with Sims 4. At this point she really hates EA.

EAxis : "Our future is in games for mobile"
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm having a blast playing The Sims 4 right now! This is my GOTY for 5 years. After that, the next GOTY is TS5 obviously ;)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

That hair looks like complete and utter trash. Do you people not give two plums about clashing art styles? I can't stand you people...

:D Good! Hate on.
    There is no choice but to clash when you don't want to play with an art style aimed at children. I guess that would be you.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

EAxis : "Our future is in games for mobile"

Yes, that's what I'm thinking!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    @CK213 The hair you selected to try out is very beautiful. You have a good eye.

What is good about the Sims 4. CAS and the build/buy mode tools have a good foundation, but the lack of having a color match can become a bit of a problem.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2014
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Hello.

I got s4 today, but so far it seems...mind-numbingly boring. I remember a lot people saying at first they thought the game was dull, but then after playing it became fun. So, what should I do?

Yes, it can be mind-numbing. The social interactions are very limited, and despite all the hype, the emotions and moods are all but worthless. The gameplay is highly scripted, and many of us find the repetitive actions quite boring.

If you want to enjoy the game, you have to put your imagination to work as much as possible and look for ways in which you can override the limitations EA has placed upon the game. That said, the game still lacks a lot -- not only toddlers, but so much more.

I actually find the social interactions a lot broader than in Sims 3; there are a lot more choices when having a conversation.

I tend to have Sims ADD -- I can't stick with the same family for a long time. So in Sims 3, when a new EP or new world was released, I would abandon my previous save(s) in order to go after the brand new gameplay because it was so hard to customize worlds to include new venues, and if you saved your Sims to put them in the new world they lost all their previous friendships and even family relationships in some cases (I moved a couple of half-brothers, one human one alien, from Sunlit Tides to Isla Paradiso, and they arrived in IP as good friends, no family relationship at all). With Sims 4, I can go between several families, depending on mood or what I want to work on, and I can move Sims between Oasis Springs and Willow Creek without losing relationships. Most of my families are off-shoots of my Simself and her husband (my Simself has died but her widower is still in the game; he completed the Bodybuilder aspiration though and that contributes to longer life), but I have one additional family that I created in another save to test a few things, but I liked the family so much I moved them to my main save.

Here is a list of the families I'm playing now:
    Johnson Family: My Simself's daughter Kieran Johnson (nee Steiner), her son Sirius, Sirius' wife Devyn, their daughter Sandra, and Brent Pancakes who is Kieran's nephew (her brother Brandon had a fling with Eliza Pancakes, and she gave birth just before she aged up to Elder; I moved Brent in with Kieran's family so he wouldn't disappear when Bob and Eliza passed on).

Johnson-Waites family 1 -- Stephen Johnson (Kieran's oldest son) and Tyler Waites (a townie I created for someone else but he hit it off immediately with Stephen) married and became the Johnson-Waites family. They adopted 3 girls over time; Elisa is the last one at home.

Johnson-Waites family 2 -- Stephen and Tyler's two oldest daughters, Starr and Angela, living together and both pursuing the Entertainment career (Starr a musician and Angela a comedian).

Steiner Family -- Brandon Steiner (Kieran's youngest brother; she'd already moved out by the time he was born) is a slacker baby daddy; he can't hold a job because of his commitment issues so he supports himself and his two kids by writing, painting and selling woodworking projects and collectables. He's fathered several children by assorted townies; his oldest two were twins, Marcus and Sawyer (boy/girl) by Marcella Moss. After they aged up to child from babies, Brandon tried to do the right thing and move the family in with him, but while he and the kids were on a "get acquainted" trip to the park, Marcella met an unfortunate accident, so he's been raising the kids as a single dad.

Willis Family -- This is the family not related to my Simself; currently it's Aidan Willis, his wife Cassidy Foster, and their daughter Jennifer Willis. Their eldest daughter Devyn is married to my Simself's grandson.

Do I think that Sims 4 can be improved? Of course -- but I'm enjoying what I can now and hope for improvements in the future.

I never played Sims Social, and I hated Sims Freeplay...but I'm enjoying Sims 4. What does that say about me? :|

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

Wrong. I don't like any of those things. Don't even have FB account.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    There is something seriously wrong when a person has to force themselves to like a game.