Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    I play no Sims at the moment, currently don't have the internet speed to re-download them. However in 1/2 months when my internet is fully working I shall download The Sims 3 and share my fun family play pictures and stories here :) I am a fan of both The Sims 3 and 4, however its got to be said that The Sims 3 has so many more family play options in it :) The Sims 4 at times for me feels like the only good thing about it is the CAS and Build Mode, but even then we're still missing lots of clothing and hairstyles as well as the colour wheel :)

So I look forward to playing The Sims 3 again, hopefully after Christmas :)

Matthew.

HI @Sennie ! Can't wait to see your pictures <3:D
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    Been busy with families in TS3. Every once in a while, I'll get super attached to a family...but then the save file gets so big and bloated (yes, even with save cleaner) that it's kind of...unusable.

Do any long-time legacy players have any ideas on what I can do to keep the save file from becoming too big to be used? I use Save Cleaner and will move my Sims to a different town whenever things get a little too...laggy.

NRASS mods help a lot. Also it's a good idea to turn off memories in the menu :) When you get lag try resetting all the sims in the world first. You can find the cheat to do that on google :) Sometimes it's enough to fix it :)
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Maddanna wrote: »
    Sennie wrote: »
    I play no Sims at the moment, currently don't have the internet speed to re-download them. However in 1/2 months when my internet is fully working I shall download The Sims 3 and share my fun family play pictures and stories here :) I am a fan of both The Sims 3 and 4, however its got to be said that The Sims 3 has so many more family play options in it :) The Sims 4 at times for me feels like the only good thing about it is the CAS and Build Mode, but even then we're still missing lots of clothing and hairstyles as well as the colour wheel :)

So I look forward to playing The Sims 3 again, hopefully after Christmas :)

Matthew.

HI @Sennie ! Can't wait to see your pictures <3:D
    Thanks @Maddanna I look forward to taking them! :)
    The Sims 3 is so fun and literally I can play it for hours on end, so whilst taking my pictures I'll also be having huge amounts of fun :) I have all the expansion packs, so all family play options are in my Sims 3 but I am mission three or four stuff packs which I would very much like to buy in the New Year! :)

How are you enjoying The Sims? Do you still play The Sims 3?

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • Options
    Yea but can't find the time to put in as much play as I want. I work retail and it's been getting busier sooo (BLACK FRIDAY, CHRISTMAS SHOPPING and BOXING DAY)... :'( . Then after the holiday season (hopefully) I'm headed back to school.
  • Options
    Maddanna wrote: »
    Yea but can't find the time to put in as much play as I want. I work retail and it's been getting busier sooo (BLACK FRIDAY, CHRISTMAS SHOPPING and BOXING DAY)... :'( . Then after the holiday season (hopefully) I'm headed back to school.
    Oh cool you work in retail? :) That's awesome. And yeah I'm not surprised you're busy, what with Black Friday and Christmas coming up I'm pretty sure most shops are busy :)

I hope work settles down soon and then you can get back to The Sims :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Been busy with families in TS3. Every once in a while, I'll get super attached to a family...but then the save file gets so big and bloated (yes, even with save cleaner) that it's kind of...unusable.

Do any long-time legacy players have any ideas on what I can do to keep the save file from becoming too big to be used? I use Save Cleaner and will move my Sims to a different town whenever things get a little too...laggy.

NRASS mods help a lot. Also it's a good idea to turn off memories in the menu :) When you get lag try resetting all the sims in the world first. You can find the cheat to do that on google :) Sometimes it's enough to fix it :)

Oop, I probably should have been more clear! I have a LOT of the NRAAS mods (a lot) and I haven't had memories on since we all first learned waaaay back when that they can destroy your game. I HAD forgotten about resetting all of the Sims, though. I got too used to NRAAS just kinda...fixing stuck sims for me, haha.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    How about The bond between Mother or Dad and child . How can that happen like the way it is . Babies need out the crib and I or WE need toddlers . Like Sims 2 but with the rocking chair like in Sims 3. And Pre-teens I wish for all of this
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well today I have been working on my videos, just watched my first ever music video from last year, very poor compared to what i make now so i am happy I have made progress :smile:

All the videos are on my Youtube channel. If the music isn't to your liking you can turn the volume down ;)

Here is the most recent one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPmJIH9hyfs

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Oop, I probably should have been more clear! I have a LOT of the NRAAS mods (a lot) and I haven't had memories on since we all first learned waaaay back when that they can destroy your game. I HAD forgotten about resetting all of the Sims, though. I got too used to NRAAS just kinda...fixing stuck sims for me, haha.

@mizuru007 I know it's easy to forget! But sometimes I do it even without NRass doing it for me and it helps immensely :)

The memory thing seems to cause a lot of issues. I never look at my sims memories anyway in game.

Plus since I've started using 'save as' instead of 'save or save and quit' I get far less issues. I even started using NRass Saver to remind me to save often. Nothing worse than playing for hours and it crashing ;) often you can roll back to a previous save without the issue too as saver cycles through 1-4 or 5? saves so you have copies to play with before the corruption :)
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    Just a pop in to say hi and farewell. I am not one to make a big 'boo hop I'm leaving' speech but I DID want to say goodbye. Met some REALLY lovely people on here and I wish you the best in your lives. This site makes me want to actually punch people in their faces and I'm not that person so it's best I just don't bother to check for updates at all rather than now and again. I'm honestly horrified by some of the mentalities on here and I firmly believe this franchise is over.

Sim gurus if you must, delete this comment and not the thread. I know it's nothing to do with the topic at hand.

--T
    It's sad to see you going :( I didn't really know you but I've seen a few of your posts and know that you're a pretty awesome person. I'm sorry to see you leave this way, but if that's what you want to do then goodbye and good luck to you :) But if I can convince you to stay, there may be some really unkind people here but there's still a huge group of unique special wonderful people here who will miss you if you leave :)

But if you really are going then best of luck with the future and I wish you all the best :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    @To7m sad to see you go but I understand. If you want to avoid that and pop in every now and again drop me a pm and you can avoid the baiting that goes on :) Take care lovely xxx
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just a pop in to say hi and farewell. I am not one to make a big 'boo hop I'm leaving' speech but I DID want to say goodbye. Met some REALLY lovely people on here and I wish you the best in your lives. This site makes me want to actually punch people in their faces and I'm not that person so it's best I just don't bother to check for updates at all rather than now and again. I'm honestly horrified by some of the mentalities on here and I firmly believe this franchise is over.

Sim gurus if you must, delete this comment and not the thread. I know it's nothing to do with the topic at hand.

--T

Sorry to see you leave :neutral:

I know what this place can be like at times

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @to7m I'm sorry to see you go. I will miss your insight and comments very much. I on occasion feel like boxing some ears. Have just started flagging them though :) I figure the guru's will either get tired of them or me and I'll join you in exile if it is me.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Bye, @To7m , I know exactly how you feel. Some of the mentalities that frequent this board are utterly astonishing, I couldn't agree more. I hang out because I still love to play TS3 and talk about it with the more agreeable people in the TS3 section, but I confine my in depth discussions to another board away from here where people are far more sensible and mature.
    I hope you find somewhere that you can enjoy talking about your game :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm waiting for toddlers and non object babies like for nothing else...
    But now and then I think that's pointless..
    I really think that toddlers won't be in Sims 4

For example this, its so family.. Kid is sharing story about day at school.. But when I think that he was a baby who jumped from playpen, it makes me wanna throw away this game
    1O7Dbt2.png
  • Options
    @AlwaysTheSun maybe one day we'll see toddlers. Until then I just don't play TS4. It's uninstalled but not thrown away lol.

Just enjoy the games you enjoy the most, whichever sims game that is :)
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Bye @To7m :( You'll be missed, but I can't say I blame you one bit. Take care and hope you'll be back some day to share more of your stories <3
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    The more I think about the babies aging from baby to child the more I am firmly convinced that the parents need to be aged up at the same time. If 8-10 years can go by in an instant of a baby's life, why do the parents stay young? It doesn't make very much sense in my head or for storytelling either. Your poor sims have two or three kids and suddenly you are walking with a cane, boobies hanging to the floor and Grimmy is salivating over your impending death. hmmm, maybe I've had too much turkey and stuffing and need to quit thinking. :wink:
  • Options

--T

:'(
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »
    Not a Family Play picture, exactly, since my Sim hasn't started a family yet, but I had just forgotten how lovely some of the moments in this game could be. My Farmer woke up to a moody, foggy dawn and I just found it to be so quietly magical :blush:

v2K6OLM.jpg
    DJ76K5j.jpg

Hi @mortia I completely LOVE your pictures!! <3 Where I live it's a cool winter morning, dull, foggy and cloudy and your pictures are reminding me just of that :) I love it. Your farm looks so special in the morning fog. I can't wait to share similar pictures when I re-install The Sims 4 in the New Year :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited November 2015
    I always had the feeling that this board is quite hostile, but the "you guys want toddlers and that's why we wish you don't get them"-stuff has gotten out of hand, so I do understand you @To7m . Still, such a shame.
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    @mortia omg these pictures are amazing
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    I always had the feeling that this board is quite hostile, but the "you guys want toddlers and that's why we wish you don't get them"-stuff has gotten out of hand, so I do understand you @To7m . Still, such a shame.

People really do that? I'm glad I've never run into one of those posts.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top