Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    barbik0413 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Barbi and I used to be a Simmer who was okay (and maybe a little happy) with EA/the dev's decision to exclude toddlers from TS4. That is no longer the case. I miss the parents teaching their toddlers to walk, talk, and use the potty. In my mind, the parents and child developed a bond during those interactions. That bonding period is missing in TS4 and I realize that now. There are only so many times you can rock, bounce, coo at a bassinet before the baby stage gets boring and then a child hops out of the bassinet (while the parents just shrug and walk away).

This game has become boring and sad for me. I never realized how much I loved the toddler stage. I shut the game off the other day after my Legacy family had their first babies (adorable twin boys) and I don't know when I will play them again. I really loved this game, but now I just can't play. :neutral:

Aww I'm sorry you've started to share our disappointment @barbik0413 :( it's a painful realisation and I don't think that's fully understood by some people. The sims is a special game to many of us and to feel excluded from that is really hard to cope with :(

However we are pleased to support you and tell you that you are one of thousands, and hopefully with every voice shows EA the mistakes they have been making and maybe think again.

Please feel free to share screenshots, ideas for your perfect kind of family play and your hopes for the future :)
  • Options
    Hey guys! :) I run Sims4News (TS4News dot com). For those who don't know, it's a pretty sizable (nearly 20,000 followers on Tumblr) Sims 4 News website/blog. I'd really love to help organize or contribute to some kind of Taylor Swift-esque letter/petition. I'm a 21-year-old English major, so I'm a very good writer and I'd love to help do this.

I've also played The Sims since the first game and I care deeply about the series. I think the state of TS4 is inexcusable and I'd love to have some kind of impact on the series (other than continuing to promote a game that I feel is woefully inadequate and a company that deserves absolutely no kudos or promotion whatsoever).

I'm even willing to put my site on hold and have this letter/video...etc. up for a while, if that's what it takes. I'm not interested in posting Sims news anymore anyway, considering that I find TS4 to be too boring to play. I'm a family/generational gameplay-oriented player, so I'm not happy with the state of things, to say the least!

Let me know what you guys think!

@mattandphilsims2 ive sent you a pm, would love to get something going :)
  • Options
    barbik0413barbik0413 Posts: 14 New Member
    @sparkfairy1 It became more evident to me when my step-daughter said how stupid it was to not have toddlers in the game and she doesn't play The Sims. Her exact words "So a game simulating life doesn't include toddlers? That's stupid. Can you at least teach the kids to use the potty?" Which made me laugh so hard. She finds it weird that the children can walk, talk and all that straight out of the bassinet. And it is weird.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 It became more evident to me when my step-daughter said how stupid it was to not have toddlers in the game and she doesn't play The Sims. Her exact words "So a game simulating life doesn't include toddlers? That's stupid. Can you at least teach the kids to use the potty?" Which made me laugh so hard. She finds it weird that the children can walk, talk and all that straight out of the bassinet. And it is weird.

Haha she's very observant! :) it's sad that we are this far on and no further :(

@Writin_Reg we'll miss you honey. EA are hugely missing out. I mean you helped Will Wright, you are a part of Simming history! Just goes to show how they've alienated many very loyal supporters with their shenanigans!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2015
    I am very sorry to see @Writin_Reg leave. She is a part of the sims history and it saddens me that she and others are leaving the forums. I understand the reasons and someday that will be me as well as there will not be anyone left to talk with. The PTB's are killing their own forums by ignoring the forums and the people here.

@SimGuruDrake Please make a note of this.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Belated congrats to this thread reaching 700 pages, sparkfairy. And thank you.
    01.06.15_22-50.jpg
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone! My name is Barbi and I used to be a Simmer who was okay (and maybe a little happy) with EA/the dev's decision to exclude toddlers from TS4. That is no longer the case. I miss the parents teaching their toddlers to walk, talk, and use the potty. In my mind, the parents and child developed a bond during those interactions. That bonding period is missing in TS4 and I realize that now. There are only so many times you can rock, bounce, coo at a bassinet before the baby stage gets boring and then a child hops out of the bassinet (while the parents just shrug and walk away).

This game has become boring and sad for me. I never realized how much I loved the toddler stage. I shut the game off the other day after my Legacy family had their first babies (adorable twin boys) and I don't know when I will play them again. I really loved this game, but now I just can't play. :neutral:

It's cool that you changed your opinion. I mean, i personally understand people who don't like toddlers but it's just a little hard to understand why they are happy they were excluded. It's just more (gameplay) and you can always turn down more if you have it, but if you someday just want to have more and you don't have it... than you can't get it. Hope that makes sense... lol
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I think EA thinks like this.Those who love toddlers are generally patient,because impatient players cannot keep calm while they care toddlers.EA stuffs don't have 48hours a day.So they need to decide what kind of players they should listen to first and last not to lose sales.They decided to listen to patient players last not to lose sales.

Doesn't seem to be working. Several people have already boycotted Sims 4 purchases until they get what they want and more and more people leave the forum each day.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I am very sorry to see @Writin_Reg leave. She is a part of the sims history and it saddens me that she and others are leaving the forums. I understand the reasons and someday that will be me as well as there will not be anyone left to talk with. The PTB's are killing their own forums by ignoring the forums and the people here.

@SimGuruDrake Please make a note of this.

Totally agree @bekkasan they should be noticing this. It is a symptom of the problems they are passing on to their customers :(
    I think EA thinks like this.Those who love toddlers are generally patient,because impatient players cannot keep calm while they care toddlers.EA stuffs don't have 48hours a day.So they need to decide what kind of players they should listen to first and last not to lose sales.They decided to listen to patient players last not to lose sales.

Doesn't seem to be working. Several people have already boycotted Sims 4 purchases until they get what they want and more and more people leave the forum each day.

Exactly @LoveMcQueen5683 and at no point is that 'group think' I have been very careful not to encourage people in any way to not buy. They make their decisions on their own.

@83bienchen thank you honey, and my pleasure. I don't want to let family players down and let this disappear.
  • Options
    Wow.. nothing can be as harsh as youtube... someone over there said i should go f a very evil organization with three letters, because i like the first Pitch perfect movie. No forum dramas can get to me today oO
  • Options
    Wow it must be sad to be that bitter @marcellala ! Just feel sorry for them!
  • Options
    @elanorbreton that baby grow is beyond cute!!!! :) Aww yay for family play :)
  • Options
    Wow it must be sad to be that bitter @marcellala ! Just feel sorry for them!

I was a little afraid he might hack my account or something... now i'm kind of thankful we have efficient mods around here. Would be good if they were also a little fairer.

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I thought Sims 3 didn't do a great job with giving us baby interactions.

Then I played TS4.

Indeed! I agree and laughed at your comment, because it is so true. Tied to a bassinette... just /sigh

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hey All, I haven't been really commenting but I do come here time to time just to see what's going on with everyone. I started a new sim to test out the Angel City world by @Coasterboi Her name is Calleigh Valkrye. I don't have any family pictures since she literally just started out in the town hehe. I was going to post some once she have children - If she does. Just letting her do her own thing. Here is a quick picture of her. Nevermind the guy goggling her in the background..not sure why he was doing that he didn't even speak to her.
    5ncAwC0.jpg

Edit : Calleigh adopted a kitten... so the NPC that came and dropped off the kitten waited until my sim went outside to greet little Maggie and then she STOLE my sims shower!! Omg I've never seen that happen before. I even went into buy mode and it's gone. -.- She can't afford enough shower yet.. LOL! Maybe the NPC was mad that the kitten was free? I wish I could i captured it.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Hey All, I haven't been really commenting but I do come here time to time just to see what's going on with everyone. I started a new sim to test out the Angel City world by @Coasterboi Her name is Calleigh Valkrye. I don't have any family pictures since she literally just started out in the town hehe. I was going to post some once she have children - If she does. Just letting her do her own thing. Here is a quick picture of her. Nevermind the guy goggling her in the background..not sure why he was doing that he didn't even speak to her.
    5ncAwC0.jpg

Edit : Calleigh adopted a kitten... so the NPC that came and dropped off the kitten waited until my sim went outside to greet little Maggie and then she STOLE my sims shower!! Omg I've never seen that happen before. I even went into buy mode and it's gone. -.- She can't afford enough shower yet.. LOL! Maybe the NPC was mad that the kitten was free? I wish I could i captured it.

She is really pretty.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @slyvanas She is pretty so I would guess that is why the guy is checking her out. :) That is funny about the shower though. Klepto pet worker.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Hehehe Thank you @simmey1 and yeah @bekkasan I guess so! lol. She left as soon as she stole it.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Hey guys,
    Been working hard building some community lots for my world Avalon. Coming along nicely I think! I'm trying to not use any store content, which makes it a bit tricky, but it should be a fairly simple thing to edit the lots and add it if you have it.
    Pictured below we have an arcade/comic book store/bowling alley, the salon, the fire station, the gym, and a couple other places around town. There's also a nice overhead shot of the world so far... still lots of building to do!

2evuagl.jpg
    2hhdeom.jpg
    4gsuat.jpg
    311uw5y.jpg
    29ge7gi.jpg
    jja23a.jpg
    21n4ghi.jpg
    2hqwbjp.jpg
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Been working hard building some community lots for my world Avalon. Coming along nicely I think! I'm trying to not use any store content, which makes it a bit tricky, but it should be a fairly simple thing to edit the lots and add it if you have it.
    Pictured below we have an arcade/comic book store/bowling alley, the salon, the fire station, the gym, and a couple other places around town. There's also a nice overhead shot of the world so far... still lots of building to do!

2evuagl.jpg
    2hhdeom.jpg
    4gsuat.jpg
    311uw5y.jpg
    29ge7gi.jpg
    jja23a.jpg
    21n4ghi.jpg
    2hqwbjp.jpg

Wait there are bowling alleys in 3 which EP? Or is it a SP?

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Jenzup Bowling came with University :) I'm building without ITF and Movie Stuff, and I'm trying to limit my use of other stuff packs like Town Life and High-End-Loft, but I would say that University is a must. The content that came with that EP was the best!
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    BTW I love your builds awesome B) , that bowling alley takes me back to my TS2 days when I'd build them everywhere. You've done inspired me to build some of my own businesses in 3.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    I loved the TS2 bowling alleys as well :) Definitely kind of inspired by that! Awesome, thanks for the compliment, hope you have fun building some community lots aswell :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top