Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    Mom just yelled at me because she hadn't had a moment to sit down or be alone ALL day- between the laundry, me talking to her through the bathroom door this morning about something in the newspaper (and normally on the blasted weekends she normally asks me what is IN the paper), and making cranberry muffins and getting supper ready (mostly the "cheap" Chinese food) and she barley had 10mins to herself before I came in talking about if I should go to (day-program) plus the fact SHE actually has to go to work TOMORROW..and she took it out on me..and she hates it when I do that on HER. And All I wanted was to know if I should go to (day-program tomorrow) she said that I'm an adult-I can decided for myself. But when there might be a chance of mixed perception in the afternoon but (Day-Program) only started back up last Thursday-but I didn't go so that I haven't see anyone from New Leaf since Dec 21st.

IF Mom would let me help with something like the blasted laundry she might not be in such a bad mood but no because she's back to work tomorrow the excuse will be she doesn't want her clothes to be wrinkly.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Strange thing is she was never scared of a washer before but since mom bought this one she is. Its really loud as well I don't like it very much either i'm not scared of it i'm just not keen on the sounds
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Mom just yelled at me because she hadn't had a moment to sit down or be alone ALL day- between the laundry, me talking to her through the bathroom door this morning about something in the newspaper (and normally on the blasted weekends she normally asks me what is IN the paper), and making cranberry muffins and getting supper ready (mostly the "cheap" Chinese food) and she barley had 10mins to herself before I came in talking about if I should go to (day-program) plus the fact SHE actually has to go to work TOMORROW..and she took it out on me..and she hates it when I do that on HER. And All I wanted was to know if I should go to (day-program tomorrow) she said that I'm an adult-I can decided for myself. But when there might be a chance of mixed perception in the afternoon but (Day-Program) only started back up last Thursday-but I didn't go so that I haven't see anyone from New Leaf since Dec 21st.

IF Mom would let me help with something like the blasted laundry she might not be in such a bad mood but no because she's back to work tomorrow the excuse will be she doesn't want her clothes to be wrinkly.

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Mother sounds very busy. She is not very well, and has a lot of things that she needs to do before going to work tomorrow, as well as preparing meals for eating today . She may have a lot of things on her mind. She may be feeling quite stressed and just needs a little time and break on her own just to calm herself down, gather her thoughts, and renew her mind and body. It may help to give her a little space and rest. You can talk other things over with her later in the day,
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    Your Mother sounds very busy. She is not very well, and has a lot of things that she needs to do before going to work tomorrow, as well as preparing meals for eating today . She may have a lot of things on her mind. She may be feeling quite stressed and just needs a little time and break on her own just to calm herself down, gather her thoughts, and renew her mind and body. It may help to give her a little space and rest. You can talk other things over with her later in the day,

it's 9pm and when I'm have to go to bed at about midnight--this *is* later in the day..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    @MadameLee Not to be rude but perhaps you should give your mother a break.
    hC6F85532
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee

it's 9pm and when I'm have to go to bed at about midnight--this *is* later in the day..

Perhaps just wait a little while longer whilst your Mother has a little break to herself, then you can talk things over with her. She may be feeling a little better by then and not have as much on her mind.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Sassycotton Dogs not only have better hearing than humans, they also pick up sounds at high pitches that don't register with us. Maybe the sounds the washer is making are just overwhelming to your dog. This is a bit different, but my current and former cats always hated the vacuum cleaner. The way each of them learned not to be afraid was that I locked them in my room with the vacuum running outside (first far away, then closer). Each one panicked at first and hid under the bed, but as they saw that the vacuum couldn't actually come into the room they transitioned into high-alert mode, then low-alert, and now my current cat can sleep through the vacuuming of the rest of the house. It only took a handful of sessions to train each of them. They already understood that closed doors can be an insurmountable barrier sometimes; they just had to learn that the vacuum couldn't open my bedroom door. Maybe a closed door between your dog and the washing machine will let her learn that it's not a threat.

@rosemow Most dogs don't like to be hugged. If you look at their body language, it says they're just trying to be meek and submissive until the embrace is over because they understand that their human expects them to behave. But the presence of their owner alone can have a calming effect with minimal contact; they tend to feel safest when their "pack" is around to protect them.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited January 2018
    @rosemow Most dogs don't like to be hugged. If you look at their body language, it says they're just trying to be meek and submissive until the embrace is over because they understand that their human expects them to behave. But the presence of their owner alone can have a calming effect with minimal contact; they tend to feel safest when their "pack" is around to protect them.

I remember reading that somewhere too but I think it depends on the dog. My dog seems to seek out hugs, if someone is knelt down with their hands on their hips or by their side, she'll come and push her head through the gap between the arm and the torso. Idk, I'm not an animal expert by any means and I agree that it's important to read the signs your dog is giving you, but maybe that's not a universal thing that all dogs hate hugs? I don't know.

edit: That being said, I suppose different people have different ideas of how to hug a dog. And yeah I suppose especially if the dog is already scared, you don't want to hug them so tightly that they don't feel able to get out. But it seems like it's okay so long as they have the ability to move if they want to.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,715 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sephardic wrote: »
    Hi guys. Today has been very tough. Today is the anniversary of my mum's death. Brings back so many memories. Tomorrow I go back to school but I feel like I don't want to. I feel like I'll cry all day tomorrow. :'( We had a Sunday dinner in memory of her but it didn't feel like it was. I cried this morning because memories and songs just kept coming into my mind that made me remember her in hospital. Plus my back's hurting AGAIN. I just really hate days like this.

Stay strong sweetheart. Big hugs <3
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,715 Member
    Jan. 25th is my grandpa's death date. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up

Hugs, it's never easy <3
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have misplaced my "story" notebook and I can't find it anywhere I might have left it. It's not on the floor in the front hall-which I sure I left it, not on the steps coming to the landing which leads both to the 2nd floor and to the library, it's not in the dinning room and it's not in family room. Definetley not up here in the library. Mom remembers seeing it during Christmas holidays-but she can't help me at the moment because she's at work and Dad is no help at all since all he did was when I was looking through the stuff in the dinning room was to "put it in two piles read and not read" and I really didn't care about doing that right then when all I cared about is finding the notebook. When I said I was getting angry- Dad said if I get angry once more- he will think of kicking me out.

It had stuff inside it like pictures I printed off of my Swanson Legacy
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I have misplaced my "story" notebook and I can't find it anywhere I might have left it. It's not on the floor in the front hall-which I sure I left it, not on the steps coming to the landing which leads both to the 2nd floor and to the library, it's not in the dinning room and it's not in family room. Definetley not up here in the library. Mom remembers seeing it during Christmas holidays-but she can't help me at the moment because she's at work and Dad is no help at all since all he did was when I was looking through the stuff in the dinning room was to "put it in two piles read and not read" and I really didn't care about doing that right then when all I cared about is finding the notebook. When I said I was getting angry- Dad said if I get angry once more- he will think of kicking me out.

It had stuff inside it like pictures I printed off of my Swanson Legacy

Hello @MadameLee
    I hope that you will soon be able to find your notebook :( It would be upsetting for you that you are unable to find it.
  • Options
    I can't find it anywhere-and I looked in every possible spot it could be in..and it's not in any of them
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I can't find it anywhere-and I looked in every possible spot it could be in..and it's not in any of them

I am sorry that you are finding it hard to find it :( Perhaps your Mother will be able to find it when she gets back from work.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Try remembering the last time you know you had it and retrace your steps. If you haven't already.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Try remembering the last time you know you had it and retrace your steps. If you haven't already.

found it..turns out I had thrown it in the bundy buggy when I thought I had thrown it on the floor
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

found it..turns out I had thrown it in the bundy buggy when I thought I had thrown it on the floor

It is good that you have found the notebook :)
  • Options
    Glad you found your notebook! :) Does anyone feel creeped out at night?
  • Options
    Glad you found your notebook! :) Does anyone feel creeped out at night?

Hello @Sassycotton
    If you are feeling a little fearful at nighttime when going to sleep , leaving a light on can help. Having a warm drink and listening to music can calm you mentally and physically. Reading a book can help you to focus your thoughts and mind on something else rather than the night time.
  • Options
    I felt like I was being watched by someone or something and I have had a paranormal experience when I was a kid. Also we've had some strange things happen in our house.
  • Options
    I felt like I was being watched by someone or something and I have had a paranormal experience when I was a kid. Also we've had some strange things happen in our house.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have been feeling like this at nighttime :( I send hugs to you <3 Sometimes the darkness can make us feel uneasy and cause our minds to imagine things that aren’t happening, as occuring. Noises seem to be louder than normal because every thing else is very quiet. Try doing the things that I suggested in the above post. Closing the curtains if they are open or pulling down blinds may also make you feel a little bit more better.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

Dude I feel ya. If there is something there though then it's unlikely to be harmful, most of the time spirits and things don't want to hurt you so you'll be fine. And if there isn't something there and it's your mind playing tricks on you, then I'm sorry, that sucks and I think Rose made some good suggestions for how to deal with that. Distractions can be good.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

I get that sometimes. I think my house could actually be haunted by either (or both) of my grandparents on my mom's side.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi Simmers. I am battling a little bit. As you know I was being weaned off my citalopram and I got so tired of all the withdrawel symptoms especially the brain zaps so on the 2 January I went cold turkey at 10mg a day, I used to be on 40mg a day. Now since yesterday its hitting me big time with dizzyness and I even fainted :O Woah last time I felt like this was when I lost 2 litres of blood during surgery and had to have a transfusion. Its not a nice feeling. Wonder if anyone here ever had this coming of anti depressants and can advice me on how to cope <3 I would appreciate any advice please. Also still no news or sightings of my brother, he remains missing.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top