Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    @Sephardic glad to hear you can do ballet again! i have 3 nieces who all did dance starting at a very young age. they really loved it and always looked forward to dance. they got to travel every year for various competitions, as well.

sending gentle hugs <3
  • Options
    SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    @luvdasims55 it's a family thing. My mother did it for a while in Australia (she went to live there as a kid) and my grandmother did a bit when she was about 5. My older sister did ballet with me and eventually went onto pointe. She stopped after a while because she wasn't as excited about dancing anymore. We don't do competitions though. We do examinations. I was meant to do one last month and I was practicing and all ready until a week later, I was obviously diagnosed with scoliosis, but I'm automatically in the next grade even though I didn't do the exam. I absolutely love it and hope to get a career in ballet dancing, just like Darcy Bussell. I'm just excited to do some exercise because my back's been killing me ALL day. I don't really want to go back to school as well. All the teachers tell me off for slouching, when they can clearly tell I have a back problem :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    Sephardic wrote: »
    @luvdasims55 it's a family thing. My mother did it for a while in Australia (she went to live there as a kid) and my grandmother did a bit when she was about 5. My older sister did ballet with me and eventually went onto pointe. She stopped after a while because she wasn't as excited about dancing anymore. We don't do competitions though. We do examinations. I was meant to do one last month and I was practicing and all ready until a week later, I was obviously diagnosed with scoliosis, but I'm automatically in the next grade even though I didn't do the exam. I absolutely love it and hope to get a career in ballet dancing, just like Darcy Bussell. I'm just excited to do some exercise because my back's been killing me ALL day. I don't really want to go back to school as well. All the teachers tell me off for slouching, when they can clearly tell I have a back problem :D

Hello @Sephardic
    It is special that you are following on from your grandmother, mother and sister by doing ballet <3
    I am sorry that you have been having a lot of back pain today. I send gentle hugs to you <3
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I am 38 years old mentally handicapped and have mental problems which include Anxiety, Ptsd, Ocd ( obesseve thinking) A.d.d. and I have trouabling dreams all the time also I worry about my family a whole lot. My brother and sister live together and things are really bad for them. My mom's gailbladder isn't working very well so we are still waithing to see if dr will take it out and also news of mom's other tests she had last week. Also I have type 2 diabetes.
  • Options
    I am 38 years old mentally handicapped and have mental problems which include Anxiety, Ptsd, Ocd ( obesseve thinking) A.d.d. and I have trouabling dreams all the time also I worry about my family a whole lot. My brother and sister live together and things are really bad for them. My mom's gailbladder isn't working very well so we are still waithing to see if dr will take it out and also news of mom's other tests she had last week. Also I have type 2 diabetes.

Helo @Sassycotton
    I send hugs to you <3 I am sorry that you are enduring through many health issues. It would be hard on you. You are also concerned about your family members and the issues that they are facing in their lives and with their health. You sound a very caring person who has very kindly and special empathy for your family. The mental health issues that you yourself are enduring through may also deepen the worries and anxiousness that you have for your family. It will be beneficial for your mother’s health when she sees her doctor after he has received the results of the tests. He will then be able to help her with the treatment that will be of most benefit for her, based on the test results,
    I send more hugs to you <3 It is hard, but try to take a day by day, step by step. There will be better days and other days that aren’t as good. It would be good to talk over with your doctor the troubling dreams that you are having. They may be stopping you from having the complete restful and renewing sleep that you need.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,715 Member
    edited January 2018
    @February11 she was 52. The doctor said it is very common with older people, as they are obviously getting older.

52 is far too young. So Sad. Our friends were both 58 which is too young, too. In fact today is the anniversary of one of them who died last year. He got up after just going to bed and went into the bathroom and his wife got up wondering what he was doing, and he said he had a really unnaturally bad headache. She saw the signs and called an ambulance, but he died on the way to hospital. At least it was quick for him, although left a massive hole in her and his kids lives happening so suddenly and unexpectedly. But like I said to his wife, she'd not have wanted him to have been like our other friend who was unable to do anything for himself for two years, and couldn't even communicate.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    @February11 she was 52. The doctor said it is very common with older people, as they are obviously getting older.

52 is far too young. So Sad. Our friends were both 58 which is too young, too. In fact today is the anniversary of one of them who died last year. He got up after just going to bed and went into the bathroom and his wife got up wondering what he was doing, and he said he had a really unnaturally bad headache. She saw the signs and called an ambulance, but he died on the way to hospital. At least it was quick for him, although left a massive hole in her and his kids lives happening so suddenly and unexpectedly. But like I said to his wife, she'd not have wanted him to have been like our other friend who was unable to do anything for himself for two years, and couldn't even communicate.

Hello @February11
    I send hugs to you <3 with this being the anniversary of the passing away of your friend. It would bring back very sad memories of the time when he passed away. It would have been such an awful shock and very distressing to his family, with it happening so suddenly and not expected.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    @Sassycotton hopefully your mother's gallbladder issues will be resolved soon. sending hugs to you and your family. <3
  • Options
    I am so sorry to all going through any pain of any kind it really sucks! HUGS to everyone!
  • Options
    I am so sorry to all going through any pain of any kind it really plum! HUGS to everyone!

Hello @Sassycotton
    You are very kind and caring to send hugs to everyone. I send hugs to you also <3
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Guys, my crush rejected me :D Not that I didn't see it coming or anything :D
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Minx11 wrote: »

Hello @Minx11
    There will be another special person that comes into your life. It can help with relationships to start as friends and get to know each other, then as time progresses see how the relationship develops. Spending time together just talking can be beneficial in relationships.
  • Options
    SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    Hi guys. Today has been very tough. Today is the anniversary of my mum's death. Brings back so many memories. Tomorrow I go back to school but I feel like I don't want to. I feel like I'll cry all day tomorrow. :'( We had a Sunday dinner in memory of her but it didn't feel like it was. I cried this morning because memories and songs just kept coming into my mind that made me remember her in hospital. Plus my back's hurting AGAIN. I just really hate days like this.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys. Today has been very tough. Today is the anniversary of my mum's death. Brings back so many memories. Tomorrow I go back to school but I feel like I don't want to. I feel like I'll cry all day tomorrow. :'( We had a Sunday dinner in memory of her but it didn't feel like it was. I cried this morning because memories and songs just kept coming into my mind that made me remember her in hospital. Plus my back's hurting AGAIN. I just really hate days like this.

Hello @Sephardic
    I send lots of big gentle hugs to you <3 Anniversary days of when our loved ones have passed away are very hard. They bring back many memories of when they passed away, as well as extra special thoughts of our precious loved ones. Crying is a natural response, and can help us inside. It is a way of expressing how we feel deep inside, when there are no words to say it.
    The teachers at your school sound very caring. They have been assisting you with ways to help with your health issues, They will caringly understand if you are not feeling too good, I hope that your return to school goes as best as it can. Your friends will be glad to see you again.
    I am so sorry about your painful back :(
    I hope that you can get some restful and renewing sleep tonight. It has been a big day for you . Sending more hugs to you <3
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Minx11 wrote: »

Hey @Minx11, Doesn't mean that it hurts any less! Rejection in any form can be tough. Hope you're having an OK day today though.

I offer my deepest sympathy to you, @Sephardic. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

Is there anything that you could do to help you get through the day? Maybe you could make sure that you do something for yourself that usually makes you happy, like making a cup of tea, drawing, or playing an instrument if you're musically inclined. Personally, I like talking and/or writing my feelings out. I like writing poetry and short stories to express myself metaphorically. Even if what I'm writing about has nothing to do with my worries/anxiety/fears, it still helps a lot. If you like to write, maybe this would help you a little bit.

I hope that school will go well for you tomorrow. I had a lot of anxiety-related problems when I was in high school (still do). I was always told to 'ground myself' through deep breathing, or counting numbers by more unlikely factors, like 7s or 13s (though it didn't always work for me, different strokes for different folks, I suppose). Maybe having something to hold in your hand that you could fidget with, like a small, smooth stone or a stress ball could help when it gets rough. These are more anxiety-related things which I know isn't what's concerning you right now, but maybe they could help you a little bit.

Best of luck tomorrow, @Minx11.
  • Options
    Jan. 25th is my grandpa's death date. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up
  • Options
    Jan. 25th is my grandpa's death date. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up

Hello @Sassycotton
    I send hugs to you <3 as you remember your special grandpa. You would have treasured memories of happy times spent with him, in a special place in your heart.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    What a horrible few months it's been :(

So at the end of November, I left my retail job as an assistant manager after 11 years service and joined a health food store as a supervisor. What an absolute joke that place was. I was just a glorified sales assistant. It was awful. I only lasted until a few days after xmas and I just didn't go back. Battling with depression is hard and if I had stayed any longer, I think I would have jumped infront of a bus or something lol.
    I've also started Slimming World. I bought some weighing scales and weighed myself and was not happy with how much I weighed! So I thought enough was enough and I need to sort it out.

So I started on my birthday (a day of all days) on Wednesday, and it's now Sunday night for me and I have already lost 7lb although I won't know the true amount until my weigh in next wednesday. I've swapped junk food for fruit, had loads more veg and cut out alot of the rubbish that I have been eating. I've also been taking greentea diet capsules and fat metabolisers to help me along the way. So, I'm pretty proud of myself :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    simlish1 wrote: »
    What a horrible few months it's been :(

So at the end of November, I left my retail job as an assistant manager after 11 years service and joined a health food store as a supervisor. What an absolute joke that place was. I was just a glorified sales assistant. It was awful. I only lasted until a few days after xmas and I just didn't go back. Battling with depression is hard and if I had stayed any longer, I think I would have jumped infront of a bus or something lol.
    I've also started Slimming World. I bought some weighing scales and weighed myself and was not happy with how much I weighed! So I thought enough was enough and I need to sort it out.

So I started on my birthday (a day of all days) on Wednesday, and it's now Sunday night for me and I have already lost 7lb although I won't know the true amount until my weigh in next wednesday. I've swapped junk food for fruit, had loads more veg and cut out alot of the rubbish that I have been eating. I've also been taking greentea diet capsules and fat metabolisers to help me along the way. So, I'm pretty proud of myself :D

Hello @simlish1
    I am sorry that your job at Health Food Store didn’t work out too good :( It was best that you left the work, as it was not good that it was affecting your health. It is not beneficial for you to be in a stressful working situation.
    Congratulations on what you have achieved so far with your weight! :) The changes that you have made to what you are eating will help your overall physical and mental health. You are going so great! :)
  • Options
    Sorry about your jobs. I've had bad ones as well :( Also I know this might seem strange asking this but does anyone else's dog panic when the washer is on? I'm asking this hoping for some good advice on what to do with Cotton because everytime our washer is on she goes into full panic mode and I don't know what to do to help her......
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sorry about your jobs. I've had bad ones as well :( Also I know this might seem strange asking this but does anyone else's dog panic when the washer is on? I'm asking this hoping for some good advice on what to do with Cotton because everytime our washer is on she goes into full panic mode and I don't know what to do to help her......

Hello @Sassycotton
    Perhaps you could ask your vet if they may have suggestions to help with your dog when she panics at the sound of the washer. They may have tips that they have found helps.
    Perhaps if you hold on to her and hug her whilst the noise is there, she may associate the noise with being hugged, and in the future it may reassure her and calm her when the washer is running again.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    You can get calming air freshener which you plug in the wall. Anyways to just keep your dog out of the room whilst it is on?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Thank you. My mom will be having her gallbladder removed in a couple of weeks :) Glad she is finally going to hopefully be better soon!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you. My mom will be having her gallbladder removed in a couple of weeks :) Glad she is finally going to hopefully be better soon!!!!!!

Hello @Sassycotton
    It will be good for your Mother’s current health situation that she is having her gall bladder removed. I will keep her in my thoughts as she prepares for the surgery. I hope that the operation goes well, and that her recovery and healing after the surgery goes as smoothly as possible. Sending a hug to you <3 as you caringly help and support her with her health issues.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited January 2018

I'm so sorry, *big hugs* I can't and won't pretend to know what you're going through, but I hope you're feeling better in a few days. <3

Not sure about washers but my dog used to be pretty scared of the hoover and while she's still not keen on it, she's a lot braver with it. I just comforted her and gave her lots of cuddles when the hoover came out. If she was looking like she felt cornered, or wanted to go somewhere else but had to go past the hoover, whoever was using it would just stop and wait and we'd encourage her past and give her lots of love on the other side too. We also let her familiarise herself with it when it was off as she didn't seem scared of it quite as much then.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top