The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 vs sims 3

Comments

• Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    TS4:
    VzgzIIM.gif

True that. The sims 3 is superior to The sims 4.
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    I have toyed with the idea of re-downloading TS3 and un-installing TS4 until they release a story progression update but I only like TS3 with Late Night and Late Night was a joke to try and play on my desktop - I can only imagine it on the laptop.
    But overall, I love TS4 way more than TS3. It's still the beginning and I have high hopes that EA is really gonna come through with good EPs this time around. I can already tell it's gonna end up being my favorite.
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    I grew tired of The Sims 3 like two years ago. I got somewhat into it after the latest EPs but I lost interest again after a few weeks. Still playing TS4 a lot and not getting tired at all.

I stopped playing TS3 for a few years too and while I liked it, I don't remember liking TS3 as much as I like TS4 - and that's TS4 without any story progression or EPs.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I could play TS3 base game for hours. TS4 is a piece of trash, it's a disgrace.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I like them both but until they put in story progression and toddlers I'll likely not play 4 for awhile. I can see the potential for 4 to be a great game in the future. BTW I still play Sims 2 also.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm not ready to leave S3 yet, that's for sure, and not only because of all the stuff I gathered for the game over the years.
    It's open world and CASt too, and the real sense of raising a family (the jumps from baby to toddler to child to teen to young adult are rather big in itself to handle; I don't need no skipping toddlers and teens, cause let's be honest, there are no teens in S4). And I don't like the isolated neighborhoods and the loading screens. Nor the goal oriented gameplay that leaves little for your own imagination.

And then there are the personal preferences: better, more realistic sims (I never minded them being a bit robotic; they don't fool me, those new sims, they're robots as well) and I prefer the graphics.

What I do like about S4 are the smooth animations (just too bad I feel like I'm in a comic for ten year olds all the time), the split friendship/romantic bars and CAS and building mode tools. Maybe one day S4 will be as rich as S3, I hope so.

Edit: the bad lighting inside houses is killing it for me too by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I think it's kind of hard to decide which is better because I had most EP's for the sims 3 and so I can't really compare the both unless I think back to the sims 3 base game. *Shudders* Anywho, I think it's fair to say they were both good and bad. (I think the sims four has some potential really.)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Sims 4 has some good points and at the same time it has it's bad points as well, I would have to go with Sims 3 being there is no customization, no terraforming editor tools, load screens and small disconnecting worlds and on top of it has bugs just like Sims 3 had bugs. I never had a problem running Sims 3 maybe because I was using a high end computer. Sims 4 may run better but it just do not have pulling power for me to play for long periods of time and Even with Sims 3 base game I was drawn to it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    It sort of depends. I like them both for different things. For example, I prefer The Sims 4 Create a Sim over The Sims 3's one, but the game-play for The Sims 3 is so far more interesting than The Sims 4. Though, The Sims 4 has the potential to have better game-play with the whole smarter Sims thing but it's lack of features weighs it down a bit.
    That's how I feel, yeah you got emotions but without any worthwhile features it falls flat.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    The Sims 4 base vs. The Sims 3 base? About $10 less with more freedom for Sims 3. *shrugs*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    "Sims 4 vs Sims 3"
    Oh it's this topic again.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yeah i need to say too i am not ready to move on like i did with Sims 1 and Sims 2 and Sims 3, every new Sims i would play like mad and i could see the awesome potential of the new Base Game.
    With Sims 4 i am disappointed cause too many feature are cut off and only a few really new feature was added. In comparsion to its predecessors its really not that great right now, its the first Sims i only can say it could be like Sims 1 or 2 so i can see this as a remake of one of those Games. But right now it has too few content to compare it with any Sims Game for me, thats why i play Sims 2 and Sims 3 if i get bored with Sims 4.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I know TS4 is in "base game" stage, but come on, family tree? changing names at marriage? burglars, firemen, policemen? 20 lots in a hood? no terrain tools?... I´m not talking about great features, it is just small things... this game is half made...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Comparing Base Game to Base Game? TS3, hands down.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    look, it's a complete game. If you like it, play it. But that doesn't diminish what makes 4 better than 3 for those of us who prefer it. The sims in 4 are better b/c of the way they act. The world and customization in 3 are better b/c they are there.

To me 4 is better than 3 and 2 is better than 4
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sims 4 looks the best, other than the blocky furniture. Unfortunately that's really all there is to it. It looks nice and runs smoothly, but it doesn't feel like an authentic Simming experience to me. It's not just because it's a base game. I played Sims 2 base game for many years by itself and can't describe the incredible stories I created. Sims 3 base game is a little more boring, but you can still play it. Sims 4 is just a huge let down after having incredible updates in the last two installments.
    Sims 2 gave us 3D graphics, life stages, genetics, memories...Sims 3 gave us an open world (though it was flawed at times), create a style, and better building options...Sims 4 gave us the ability to multitask and EMOTIONS. BORING. I actually find the multitasking gets in the way of things I want my sims to do. Say I want my sim to write a book...we'll she's gonna end up talking though the whole process to someone across the room and take longer than she would have if she just sat down and did it. Things like that bother me in The Sims 4. Plus the whole "emotions" things is a generic gimmick. The sims of the other games have emotions, too, it's just not as obvious as it is in Sims 4.

Comparing a full Sims 3 game with expansions may not be fair, but how many times are they (the creators) going to expect us (the consumers) to buy a new base game with new expansions? We can definitely expect a seasons, pets and university expansion for the third freaking time. Sorry, but I don't wanna pay all that money over and over again for the same thing.

Sims 4 is undoubtedly the lamest base game the Sims series has seen.

Edit: this will actually be the fourth time we get a pets expansion.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited October 2014
    double post
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    No comparison, Sims 3 is way better than Sims 4 and no matter what changes they make it will still not be as good as Sims 3. They have taken away the open world which means no WA, no cars to drive around in, no horses to ride because there isn't anywhere to go riding on a horse, no shops, no decent community buildings. Need I say more.
  • Options
    Xx_LumiNati_xXXx_LumiNati_xX Posts: 105 Member
    Lynne563 wrote: »
    No comparison, Sims 3 is way better than Sims 4 and no matter what changes they make it will still not be as good as Sims 3. They have taken away the open world which means no WA, no cars to drive around in, no horses to ride because there isn't anywhere to go riding on a horse, no shops, no decent community buildings. Need I say more.

I never liked WA, so that's a non-issue for me, as is riding on a horse. Who says we can't have shops or decent community lots?
    14948075703_d5801b1c42_o.gif
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Sims 2 is good, sims 3 is better and sims 4 is the best! Dunno about sims 1, but I'm sure no sim game is bad.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Comparing the Sims 3 with expansions, stuff pack, and store content with the Sims 4 which has no expansions, stuff packs, or any store content...

That is quite unfair to be honest. ;)

Now if you excuse me, I am going to get some popcorn.
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view7/3186660/family-guy-popcorn-o.gif[/img]
    Dang bird... :'(

Okay how about we compare the two base games?

Toddlers.. Check
    Pools.. Check
    CASt.. Check
    Open world.. Check
    Medical career.. Check

hmmm
    The only thing 4 has over 3 is the CAS, but imo i prefer sliders for accuracy.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sims 4 looks the best, other than the blocky furniture. Unfortunately that's really all there is to it. It looks nice and runs smoothly, but it doesn't feel like an authentic Simming experience to me. It's not just because it's a base game. I played Sims 2 base game for many years by itself and can't describe the incredible stories I created. Sims 3 base game is a little more boring, but you can still play it. Sims 4 is just a huge let down after having incredible updates in the last two installments.
    Sims 2 gave us 3D graphics, life stages, genetics, memories...Sims 3 gave us an open world (though it was flawed at times), create a style, and better building options...Sims 4 gave us the ability to multitask and EMOTIONS. BORING. I actually find the multitasking gets in the way of things I want my sims to do. Say I want my sim to write a book...we'll she's gonna end up talking though the whole process to someone across the room and take longer than she would have if she just sat down and did it. Things like that bother me in The Sims 4. Plus the whole "emotions" things is a generic gimmick. The sims of the other games have emotions, too, it's just not as obvious as it is in Sims 4.

Comparing a full Sims 3 game with expansions may not be fair, but how many times are they (the creators) going to expect us (the consumers) to buy a new base game with new expansions? We can definitely expect a seasons, pets and university expansion for the third freaking time. Sorry, but I don't wanna pay all that money over and over again for the same thing.

Sims 4 is undoubtedly the lamest base game the Sims series has seen.

Edit: this will actually be the fourth time we get a pets expansion.

the fanbase accepts recycled expansions so EA can get away with making pets for the 4th time.. they know most people will just buy it anyway

we should be at the point where some of the packs are in the base game (can be expanded upon later) instead of buying another empty shell that will cost $300-$400 before you get a complete game

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I find all 4 of the sims games charming and fun. I will not compare as it would be unfair to compare Sims 4 which has just started to any of the completed Sims 1 - 2 or 3. They are all different - so i guess it depends on what floats your boat at the time. But i refuse to play that game anymore. I don't want to compare anymore than i want to complain doing that - and make myself miserable for months. I did that when Sims 2 came out as it had missing features i loved in Sims 1 - even though it had features Sims 1 lacked it did not keep me from missing things in Sims 1 - especially when we never got them in the completed game. Then I repeated that missing "c.rap" with Sims 3 's game and was miserable because of it. Finally i stopped comparing when I realized just because it has the name Sims in it's title does not mean it will have anything from a former series. That it will be it's own game - other wise what is the point of moving on to a new series?

Now when i see complaints like no open world, not CASt, or no Sims 2 behaviors and humor, or no Superstar careers or real Makin Magic charm - I just shake my head. Instead of comparing I think of each as it's own thing and relish seeing where the eps lead us. Now if i could just get another Sims 1 collection that would work well on a modern pc - i could enjoy each game for what it is and not be constantly hating each one for what it is not.

All I do know is any one of the Sims series has given me endless hours of joy and fun - even though not one was perfect - each had a downside - but thankfully it seemed when one was missing something i really liked - it offered something else i learned to love to. Would I love a sims game with all the things i love in it? Of course I would - but the fact is that would be impossible because the games are made for players and we players just cannot agree on everything we like or don't like in a game. Just like i don't see Cast gone as a big deal because I know keeping all those patterns and colors eventually bogged thing down, so the game took a lot of maintenance on my part to keep it less laggy and troublesome. I know lots of people used a lot of mods - but tell me - what if there were no mods to aid you? How great is the game then and all the things you want in the game that is really troublesome to people without those mods?

Needless to say I had fun in Sims 3, in Sims 2, and in Sims 1. I am having fun in Sims 4 - even though I do miss toddlers over anything else. I actually love the fact teens are taller - as are real life teens I know, and that elders look more like real elders do in real life. I don't see a need for firemen with the new sprinkler system or police and I am glad the repo man and thief is gone. So like i said, EA could never make the perfect sims game for everybody as we do not agree what is perfect. It is better to just find what you like in a series and enjoy it and stop the comparisons. Want those feature, then play the series that has them. Seems like the only reasonable answer to me. But I will not compare - I am having fun and I am eager for EPs to start to see where this series goes. I will never hate on any of the former Sims series or wish this one was any of those. I will just enjoy each one - at least Sims 2, 3, and 4 as i don't have Sims 1 anymore. Wish I did.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    windweaver wrote: »
    look, it's a complete game. If you like it, play it. But that doesn't diminish what makes 4 better than 3 for those of us who prefer it. The sims in 4 are better b/c of the way they act. The world and customization in 3 are better b/c they are there.
    You know.... no. The animations are very smooth, but I expected a lot more from my S4 sims concerning 'acting' (and reacting) than I got. After playing S4 for a while I went back to 3 and two things stood out: my sims were definitely moving more stiff, but at least they looked at each other all the time (I really don't know why but in 4 they often talked to each other back to back :\ ) and they react to certain events 100% of the time and quite primarily too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,959 Member
    I've only gone back to play Sims3 to get more screenshots of my singer Sim in concert. I used him (my own creation) as a transition Sim. Once Pinstar's Legacy Challenge Rules were up, I decided my singer was going to be my Founder. He has a fantastic backstory, practically already written for me, so it was a nice smooth transition. I have to say, playing on Normal life span is far too fast. I've started another game save using him so that I can have the luxury of Time to get him to Musical Genius, since he was a Superstar in Sims3 and also a 5-Star celebrity.
    But, I have to say that experience reminded me, once again, of what's lacking in Sims3. The Sims are not at all lively. And I play with High Free Will slammed all the way to the top! This is what I missed from Sims2, when I made the transition to Sims3. Many interactions were missing and I kept buying the EPs believing eventually we'd get most of them back. We got some. Not nearly enough. When our Sims could converse at the dining table, it STILL required player manipulation. I have not uninstalled Sims3 and I still have Sims2 UC installed. Can't go back to Sims2 as much as I enjoy it. We can't save our families and the CAS is just so … limiting, now.

I'm sorry you find Sims4 so lacking. I don't share your feelings in this matter. While I did enjoy the open world, CAS and the design tool of Sims3, for me having lively Sims is way more important. It's like not liking the cast of characters in a sequel to a favorite TV show. If you don't like the characters, why would you watch it? Simple as that. Happy Simming!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top