Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Kensington Manor is a fantastic build, very comfy and homely inside and the most beautiful landscaping, love all the different areas, especially the water feature under the tree and the veggie garden :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Kensington Manor is gorgeous Cath so beautifully decorated love love the kitchen and the Master bedroom, as always so many wonderful ideas with MOO. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    It's always such a pleasure to read your sweet comments @masajo, @BreeMiles and @follyfoot :) Thank you so much, ladies! :blush:<3
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi @WrathofCath ! Oh my, you've been busy in The Sims 4 build mode!!! :o I am loving your architecture and tasteful interiors. I am going through your index here and have already favourited a bunch of beautiful houses on the Gallery. :) Favourites so far are:

- Dark Manor: You did an incredible job recreating your inspirational picture! I love the roof design (quite a complicated one) and the Victorian look of the house, right out of a good gothic novel. The back of the house fits the front perfectly, even though you had no pictures of that side of the house. Fantastic job! The interiors look so nice as well . Love all the details (like encircling the high windows in the kitchen with cabinets, the make up table in the bathroom and the touches of colour and fitting light fixtures thoughout. Loving it!

- Greenbrier: Again, loving the roof design!!! The interiors are so elegant and classy throughout. I think my favourite detail here are the cabinet unit in the sitting room where you've put the tv above a fireplace and then enclosed it with cabinets, it looks fantastic.

- Desert Breeze: Stunning modern house! Totally digging that roof terrace, who wouldn't want to hang out there? <3 My favourite room here is the master bedroom, love those touches of green against the neutral brown, really makes the room pop!

- Tall Tales Tavern: Instant love! :) Just had no idea before that such amazing recreations of real buildings was possible in this game! This café looks so charming and inviting on the outside and so warm and cozy on the inside. Plus, the apartment has such class and elegance. You really have an amazing eye for classic interior design, coupled with a wonderful ability to build such appealing architecture. <3

- Roseberry Cottage: The link here keeps knocking me to the last page of your showcase, so will have to hunt down the interior pics later :smile: , but the beautiful exterior alone makes this another instant favourite! The combination of stone and the dark pink looks fantastic plus you knocked the ball out of the park with the landscaping here. The house and garden look so inviting, perfect little romantic getaway spot indeed!

- Tiny Living Challenge: Hello, this little guy's a charmer! :) I love the tree house design and the gorgeous landscaping. Absolutely brilliant as well you were able to fit all the basics on the 5x5 interior, added just enough clutter to give it that lived in feel AND made it all look so charming.

I also love all the starter houses you've made. Things become quite expensive in this game real fast, so kudos for designing all these lovely starters; there's so much variation here both in architecture, looks, interior design, it's incredible.

Wow, wow, wow, you have an incredible number of amazing builds Cath! It really makes me realize what is possible in build mode in Sims 4! You are an amazing builder and a real inspiration, and I'll be gladly your showcase for ideas, there is so much here. <3 Looking forward to what you'll come up with next and consider yourself 'followed' on the Gallery! :D
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Hello Wrath! :)This building is incredibly atmospheric ! (Similarly, many other). I loved the "Reclaimed Barn" and "Something Wicked" ! Fantastic works!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for taking a look at All those builds and leaving such nice comments, @Corwim! It must have taken you a while to do and I really and truly appreciate it. :smile:

Thanks for letting me know about the faulty link for Roseberry. All fixed now. :blush: I've been really lax about adding my newer builds to the index and your lovely comments helped get me motivated to get a move on and catch up. :p Well that and the fact that I CAN'T play the game for now, anyway... I have an imac desktop with bootcamp for playing the sims. When I tried to get in game yesterday, something was up with the graphics on the bootcamp side. The game picture got all split up and weird. When I was finally able to quit the game, my home page stayed messed up too until I restarted the computer. I tried repairing the game, just in case but after a couple of tries going in game, it just kept happening, so I gave up.

I guess it's the graphics card but it's kind of weird that the mac side is absolutely fine. I am horrible, when it comes to anything techy, so I made an appt. at the Apple store to find out what's going on. It's not until Thursday night but I'm hoping to get in tomorrow, if they can squeeze me in. We're supposed to get a big snowstorm, and I'm hoping it will be kinda dead there and they will be able to check it out. Plus it's my husband's day off and he doesn't mind driving in the snow... Unlike me :p. I don't know if it will be fixable or if I'll have to end up buying a new computer but I just want to hurry up, so I can play again... I feel like an addict, lol :D

Thanks again Cor, for all your wonderful comments! :blush:

Thank you so much for your very kind comments, @Dels! Truly appreciated :smile: I really had fun with those roofs for Witchgrass as well as the ones for Spellbound. I found a couple of cool inspiration pictures for those two builds on line, with those wispy, curvy roofs but it took me a while, to figure out just how to make them in the game. :blush:
  • Options
    I really enjoyed browsing through your thread @WrathofCath ! :) I never thought those beautiful houses a simmers like you were building in Sims 3 could ever be rivalled by anything made in Sims 4, but you and others have proven that, yes they can! Got me inspired to get back into build mode myself in the first place. So going through your gorgeous builds was both fun and a great inspiration. B)

You should update your showcase! :) I'm sure others would want to see what you've been up to as well. Plus, everything on the Gallery stream disappears so quickly (oh how I miss the old Studio pages!), it's difficult to keep up with everyone's creations and the upload pictures don't do most builds justice than actual screen shots. Having a showcase will remedy that. :)

So sorry to hear you're having computer problems! I hope you can get it fixed on Wednesday and get back into game before that snowstorm hits. Haha, totally understand about feeling like a Sims addict! :D
  • Options
    Awww, thank you so much @Corwim :blush: I did finally get my index all caught up, except for the starters... I need to get back into the game to take pictures of a bunch of them.

I was really hoping I could get my appt. moved till today but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen... Now I'll have to wait till Thursday evening, for my original appt. Gah!!! I don't Want to wait! I am not a very patient person, lol :p I did a little investigating and the good news is, it looks like there was a problem with the graphics cards for imacs the year I bought mine. At least, I Hope this is good news. I'm hoping for a quick fix... maybe they can just replace it and I'll be good to go. (I hope, I hope!)
  • Options
    Then I will be exploring your Index here soon @WrathofCath ! :)

Aaah, too bad they couldn't squeeze you in today at the computer store! My old desktop finally gave up after nine years of loyal service late last year, so I only have my laptop at the moment. It runs Sims 4, though barely, but Sims 3 with all EPs and store content installed is a no go, so I know how you feel at the moment. I do enjoy Sims 4 a lot, but would love to switch it up with Sims 3. I'm saving up for a new comp, almost there though! :) I do hope the problem with your graphics card can be easily fixed and you'll be back in game tomorrow evening. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! So many new builds! Love the Christmas builds, the manor and the modern home. Great details! Love your builds dear Cath! Already added some of your builds to my favourites. Have to check the rest in the gallery. Happy New Year Cath! Have a great year! Hugs <3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Kensington Manor is so creative gorgeous and grand build! :smiley:
    I really love your architecture, so very complex! From the angle until the wall pattern design, it was so fabulously done! Your roofing is so wonderful and complex as well! Your landscaping is so very pretty! I really love your exterior landscape around the lot! Love the lake, the crop garden, until the backyard patio too! I also love the warm outdoor seating area with a fountain. Your playground is so creatively cute too! And your interior, so wonderfully gorgeous! Very beautiful furnishing and decoration! Your kids' rooms are so very cute! The masters' bedroom is so glamorously beautiful too!
    I really love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Hi @WrathofCath sorry its been so long between visits I feel like whenever I have spare time on the forums Im judging comps or updating comp stuff hehe. Other than that I decided to rip up my own front yard at home and completely redo everything lol me and my grand ideas haha
    Anyway Kensington Manor wow its gorgeous, I love the gardens (Im garden obsessed at the moment lol) it would be so nice to stroll around. Gorgeous landscaping and I love the bbq area with the chimney. Love the roofing so detailed and the interiors, wow I love that its such a great family home and you included so many activities.
    Beautiful my dear, I love it
    I am a huge fan of moderns being my fav style to build and Chocolate Cream Modern is adorable. Great design and interiors to match
    Oh and I have to mention A Country Christmas its beautiful and perfect for christmas, I love the decorations on the fencing (slapped self wondering why I never thought of that haha)
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    Yikes! I am So sorry for my late reply but I've been in a little bit (understatement :s) of slump lately.... I swear the older I get, the worse the winters here affect me....

I wanted to say a HUGE, heartfelt "Thank you!" @Corwim, @yanti68, @RyeCris16 and @Cbear13!! <3 I really and truly appreciate the time you guys take to have a look at my stuff and leave your wonderfully kind comments. Hugs, <3

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you haven't been feeling too good. I send big hugs to you <3 You are a very special, thoughtful and kind lady. I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope that you feel a little bit better day by day. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    @rosemow, Honestly Rose, I don't know what we'd do without you here! You are truly THE BEST! <3 Thank you for your very kind wishes and comments. They are always so very special and thoughtful! :)<3

My husband and I will be celebrating our Anniversary on Friday the 24th... that's the reason for our trip (one of the perks of getting married in the winter B)) but I always look forward to a couple of weeks away from the cold, snowy and too short days, we have here during winter.
  • Options
    @rosemow, Honestly Rose, I don't know what we'd do without you here! You are truly THE BEST! <3 Thank you for your very kind wishes and comments. They are always so very special and thoughtful! :)<3

My husband and I will be celebrating our Anniversary on Friday the 24th... that's the reason for our trip (one of the perks of getting married in the winter B)) but I always look forward to a couple of weeks away from the cold, snowy and too short days, we have here during winter.

Happy anniversary to you and your husband! <3 I hope that you have a very lovely and special vacation away. It will be nice for you to spend time in warmer weather.
  • Options
    @rosemow, Thank you Rose! :)<3<3
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Wonderful build, Cath! ( how I missed it? )
    Happy Anniversary, dear! Enjoy your trip with your hubby. Relax and reurns with "charged batteries"
    <3
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962, Thank you so much, Inma! :)<3 I'm really looking forward to chilling in the sun. :p
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Don´t come to Andalusia ( Spain ) then! I can´t see the Sun for weeks! Storms, rain, wind and floods!
    I´m starting to feel a bit depressed already LOL
  • Options
    Yikes! That's not good, Inma... You should come away with us for some sunshine :p Here's to hoping for some good weather for you! I hope you see the sunshine soon, soon, soon! :)
  • Options
    Bats In The Belfry
    7br. 6ba.
    Lot Size: 30x40
    Cost: $522,934
    No CC

Gallery Link

Link to Slideshow, if you'd like to see all the pictures.

Had to build a Vampire home with all our cool new items from the Vampire pack. B) This home has 7 bedrooms and 6 baths. The basement has a little workshop, exercise room and a creepy Vampire room complete with coffin, altar and organ. The exterior has a small swampy swimming hole, some perfect quality Vampire plants and a small cemetery.

Some views of the home:

02-13-17_91754nbspPM_zps4kbsug7e.png
    02-13-17_92834nbspPM_zpspog9fthr.png
    02-13-17_92951nbspPM_zps7zzohni9.png
    02-13-17_93038nbspPM_zpscnjv3btz.png

Roof view and floor plans starting at the top and working down:

02-13-17_92629nbspPM_zps2gkvxvnn.png
    02-15-17_101017nbspAM_zpsilw1i2qo.png
    02-15-17_101102nbspAM_zpsot0aex82.png
    02-15-17_101125nbspAM_zpsh7kbdiiy.png
    02-15-17_101137nbspAM_zpse9bkccuw.png

Some outdoor pics:

02-13-17_93221nbspPM_zpstpfmkvh8.png
    02-13-17_93247nbspPM_zpssmriajrq.png
    02-13-17_93357nbspPM_zpscbxqysbb.png
    02-13-17_93430nbspPM_zpsne1letcz.png

Stepping inside the main entrance, this floor has a music room, living room, dining room, large kitchen and study:

02-13-17_93647nbspPM_zpsdto063uc.png
    02-15-17_101320nbspAM_zpsahtetpgt.png
    02-13-17_94033nbspPM_zpsv4vpfbg5.png
    02-13-17_94115nbspPM_zpss5zl2f8e.png
    02-13-17_94153nbspPM_zpsaehrjvao.png
    02-15-17_101232nbspAM_zpswb3gatkb.png

The second floor has five bedrooms. Master en suite, nursery, girls and boys room, plus a guest en suite:

02-13-17_94448nbspPM_zpsnt4olpea.png
    02-15-17_101907nbspAM_zpssm8ovzij.png
    02-13-17_94353nbspPM_zpsptplobeg.png
    02-15-17_101827nbspAM_zpsvyhqqlcc.png
    02-13-17_94257nbspPM_zpshqshrdds.png

Third floor has a loft with game table and reading nook. There are two additional bedrooms and two full baths up here too:

02-13-17_95231nbspPM_zpsrspjpl1t.png
    02-13-17_95352nbspPM_zpslkfmo1nh.png

The basement has a little storage area and workshop, exercise room and down the hall is a creepy room devoted to Vampires. It has a coffin with spray of roses, altar and organ for mourning those recently lost:

02-13-17_95850nbspPM_zps8c8pnopk.png
    02-13-17_100101nbspPM_zps0mfhnz2j.png
    02-13-17_100050nbspPM_zpsmuwsdiur.png
    02-13-17_100221nbspPM_zpsesvrl9pv.png
    02-13-17_100313nbspPM_zpsbeiwcwyi.png

There are some additional pictures of the bedrooms in the Slideshow. If you would like to see them, please click here.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! :blush:

Good Evening.....Mwahahaha! :naughty:

02-15-17_102609nbspAM_zpsio9oiqvw.png

• Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    OOOOO I've already Fav'd and played in this one Ms C. Beautifully creepy....spiders and all....great gardens...how do you get the foggy look??

Hope you are feeling better and PLEASE enjoy a VERY TALL DRINK for me....Happy Anniversary♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Bats in the Belfry looks very great! :) The name of the build is great! Very nice exterior design of the home! The tower and wraparound patio looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The type and placement of the windows in the build looks very nice! The planter box windows are a nice touch. The stark and barren trees, the landscaping and the type of plants used suits well the type of build! Very nice swampy pond pool! The plants look great on the edges of the water. The graveyard is great! It looks great that gargoyles are guarding the gate entrance to it. Very nice folly area nook. The water fountain is a nice touch for sims to see when sitting on the seat there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The entrance foyer looks very nice with the Knights standing guard either sides of the carpet floor rug! The grandfather clock is a nice touch there. Very nice wall paneling. The music room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire listening to other sims playing the musical instruments. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the living room for sims to relax and watch tv. The type of seating used looks very nice, and the patterned floor rugs look very nice in the rooms. The ripped wallpaper in the rooms looks great! The dining room looks very nice! The red gothic seats dining seats look great in the room! The candles and flowers are nice touches on the table top. The portrait looks great on the fireplace wall. The fire will keep the room warm. Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look very nice how they have been placed on the walls! The wall paneling in the study gives a great look and feel to the room. The wall of bookcases looks great! It is a nice touch that a picture of Vlad is in the fireplace wall. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar whilst using the computer at the desk table. It is very nice that there are 7 bedrooms in the home! The furnishing and colour schemes of each of them look very nice! The basement rooms look great! The wall and floor textures, the cobwebs and the torn wall look great! Sims will enjoy using the workbench table to do woodworking, and like using the fitness equipment to keep fit. It is nice that there is a nook area where sims can meditate on the stool. The green gnome is a great touch in the woodwork room. The coffin room looks great ! The flowers are a nice touch on top of the coffin and the red candles there look great! The sculptures add a great look to the room! Sims will like listening to the pipe organ music when in the room!
    It is a very nice home for Forgotten Hollow world! :)