Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• Options
    Amelia7809Amelia7809 Posts: 20 New Member
    Can you have the loner trait?
  • Options
    MintssMintss Posts: 7 New Member
    This look great omg :D
  • Options
    ShesVeryNiceShesVeryNice Posts: 106 Member
    I think I will give this challenge a try!
  • Options
    StrangeGirlSimmerStrangeGirlSimmer Posts: 15 New Member
    Challenge accepted. Once I get some decent recording equipment, this will be the first Sims 4 challenge I attempt on my youtube channel. ^_^
  • Options
    LynxaeLynxae Posts: 90 Member
    Challenge accepted. Once I get some decent recording equipment, this will be the first Sims 4 challenge I attempt on my youtube channel. ^_^

Make sure to let us know when you do! I will definitely watch it!
  • Options
    PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
    I am thinking of doing this but I just have one question. I want my Sim to play an instrument and play for tips - can they do this? Thanks...
    Life is better when you have friends...

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I would think so. it doesn't say on the rules.
  • Options
    PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
    Amelia7809 wrote: »
    I would think so. it doesn't say on the rules.

Thanks
    Life is better when you have friends...

• Options
    you're welcome.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I have done this challenge twice and am thinking of doing it again as soon as I finish up one other challenge. It is just so fun and it really doesn't take loads of time either. Good luck to everyone trying it. :)
  • Options
    kitkat_37kitkat_37 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited September 2015
    I don't know if anyone else has asked this question but can you use cheats to kill off your teen's guardian?

Edit: Just looked back through the comments; I'll try what I saw in the comments (going straight to the "create-a-sim for this household" option) and see how that works.
    Post edited by kitkat_37 on
  • Options
    klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2015
    Just started this challenge and it is really fun so far! I was wondering if my sim can buy an easel and earn money by selling paintings?
  • Options
    TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    edited September 2015
    I finished this challenge but it has been the most fun yet! The day my founder was going to turn elder, I gave her a youth potion! I just loved what she'd built from absolutely nothing and I can't stop playing! Her second child just completed her aspiration (I'm trying to complete everyone's aspirations before moving them out) and moved out.

I ended up wanting to keep the family on the map so I moved her into a big house (with the free real estate cheat) and deducted money from my funds to pay for it! All my family members who complete their aspirations will move into the overflow lot. I'm not stopping until every residential lot in the entire world is my family! And if I don't forget to feed youth potions, my founder will be alive for the whole thing. She'll go from having nothing to owning the entire world!

:P I've never been so attached to a family before. I'm playing the Sims and having fun again! :P

Edit: and I kind of want some clarification from everyone.

I considered my house to have 1 kitchen/bedroom/bathroom when I had: 2x1 room with a fridge, 3x2 room with a bed, and a 2x2 room with a toilet and a shower.

There was no wallpaper, or flooring. :P Is this stretching the spirit of the challenge a bit, or is that all ok?

Editing again because I'm wondering... Is there a take-over-the-world challenge like what I'm trying? Where you keep your sim alive forever and slowly take over every lot in the town? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »
    Editing again because I'm wondering... Is there a take-over-the-world challenge like what I'm trying? Where you keep your sim alive forever and slowly take over every lot in the town? :open_mouth:

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but there is something similar to taking over the world. it is the 4 immortal sisters... but there is barely any support for that challenge on MTS.
  • Options
    TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    > @Fizzstix said:
    > TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »
    >
    > Editing again because I'm wondering... Is there a take-over-the-world challenge like what I'm trying? Where you keep your sim alive forever and slowly take over every lot in the town? :open_mouth:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but there is something similar to taking over the world. it is the 4 immortal sisters... but there is barely any support for that challenge on MTS.

Maybe if I hang around enough I'll learn more about how the community works and maybe write up a challenge for what I'm doing! :smile:
  • Options
    TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »
    > @Fizzstix said:
    > TxrdlyPxxp wrote: »
    >
    > Editing again because I'm wondering... Is there a take-over-the-world challenge like what I'm trying? Where you keep your sim alive forever and slowly take over every lot in the town? :open_mouth:

> I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but there is something similar to taking over the world. it is the 4 immortal sisters... but there is barely any support for that challenge on MTS.

Maybe if I hang around enough I'll learn more about how the community works and maybe write up a challenge for what I'm doing! :smile:

Finally all caught up in reading the thread. LOL yes, Please do a write up!
  • Options
    PhoenixofflinePhoenixoffline Posts: 3 New Member
    What are the traits needed?
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I changed the rules slightly just for my play style. I put my teen on a lot and bought her some planter boxes, seeds, and an easel. Then I left her zero bucks. She has 7 days left till she is a young adult and has 3600 put aside right now. Every day she gets up, eats, gardens, and paints. She then scours the hood for collectibles.

She spends $30 a day on travel. She spends ten to go to the park and plays, pees, talks to teens/children, and scours for collectibles. She eats again.

Then she goes to the gym, pees, and showers. She spends her last $10 to go home where she paints two paintings and hits the hay. She wakes up to do it again the next day.

I also do not let her have anything else-- no bed or anything. She sleeps on benches. I am not buying her anything until she becomes a YA. My goals for:
    -complete fabulously wealthy (already hit the first milestone)
    -and then a mansion baron
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    My teen aged up into a YA. She has just over 12k saved up! I am actually just going to move her now to Newcrest and play the #BuildNewcrest challenge with her as the founder!
  • Options
    rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    My teen aged up into a YA. She has just over 12k saved up! I am actually just going to move her now to Newcrest and play the #BuildNewcrest challenge with her as the founder!

That sounds like a neat idea! Good luck with the #BuildNewcrest challenge :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I am starting this challenge up.. here is my runaway teen:
    12030560_10153706521955798_7456920877845669643_o.jpg
    She is actually the daughter of my 1st generation tiny living challenge. Her traits are, mentally gifted (from completing the whiz kid aspiration), creative and active. I had saved the family to my gallery once she aged to a teen, so she is a fresh teenager. I downloaded the family from the gallery into a new game. Moved them into a lot in the world, then moved the teen out into her own lot. (I was a little cheaty and added a random sim to the family in CAS so she could move into a lot without having to kill off her brother or sister in law.) Her mother and father had passed away and she couldn't handle living with her brother and his wife and her niece, so she took off as soon as they returned home from the funeral.

EDIT: forgot to mention she has the Curator aspiration.
    Also, here's an image of her starting her collecting.
    10275940_10153706561905798_3888241817797908443_n.jpg?oh=5d76bd904d608e31d6c71be88f48f874&oe=56BC3507
  • Options
    Jamie_Lynn1993Jamie_Lynn1993 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a rule for when the challenge is over or do you decide? like i know you have to age up to a young adult but do you have to play as a young adult, adult and elder or is it up to you?
  • Options
    rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    Is there a rule for when the challenge is over or do you decide? like i know you have to age up to a young adult but do you have to play as a young adult, adult and elder or is it up to you?
    The goal is to survive. There are no "points". You are simply trying to survive, start a new life for yourself. You should aim for having a high paying job, children and a big house. The main thing you are doing is getting money the old way by fishing, gardening and collecting.

This is what the creator said on the first page in the rules section! I personally played the lifespan of my runaway teen, but it's completely up to you! Others have stopped playing as soon as their teen becomes a young adult! Happy simming :)

• Options
    kikichan123130kikichan123130 Posts: 1 New Member
    This looks like so much fun, I just started the legacy challenge and the Asylum challenge, I will probably wait till after the holidays to start this one. I would Like to put them on Youtube but I don't know how to record or talk about them as i record
  • Options
    luckeygirl45luckeygirl45 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2015
    My teen almost died of hunger
    Post edited by luckeygirl45 on