Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Runaway Teen Challenge [Updated 03/10/19]

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    MySimself wrote: »
    There is a teenage girl taking a selfie with the grim reaper in front of a photo bombing cowplant... WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!? D:

That's my favorite pic actually, lol.
  • greekgodsgirlgreekgodsgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this challenge, I'll post pics as soon as I can
  • abbiecaabbieca Posts: 60 Member
    I'll definetly be giving this a go :)
  • Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    Ooh, I used to create orphaned teens in TS2 to play all the time because I loved the challenge. I will definitely be trying this one!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
  • ShadowwritrShadowwritr Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a question. I'm about to start this challenge and put it up on my youtube channel. Here's my question. Does the travel charge continue till the end of the challenge? And say if you have a little brothers and a sister tag along is the travel charge the same for one sim as it is for say more than one? Guess it is really two questions.

And it won't let me link my you tube but if you search - Pattie Shadowwritr That is me.
    I'd say the travel charge ends when you've completed your house/ become an adult. And just one charge per group. Good luck.
  • ShadowwritrShadowwritr Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > I'd say the travel charge ends when you've completed your house/ become an adult. And just one charge per group. Good luck.

I've been charging for each sim, btw I have 4, my teen and 3 younger sibs. Money really hasn't been an issue at all. Haven't even started working on the house, I did build the front gardens though. I'll see if I can't get a pic of that and maybe post it here. I've been having fun with it. Thanks for answering my questions.
  • eliyeahyuheliyeahyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Can I do this on a Play Station or not?
    eliyeahyuh wrote: »
    Can I do this on a Play Station or not?

Sims 4 is PC and Mac.
    But the challenge original started on sims 3.
  • rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    eliyeahyuh wrote: »
    But the challenge original started on sims 3.

True, But this one is for The Sims 4 :)
    Ok. I'll try to do it as best as I can. ;)
  • Magic229Magic229 Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2015
    I like the sound of this challenge! I'll give it a go, and try my best lol :)
    idk man, is it jif or gif
    tumblr_n5fafe7KK91tb2zoqo6_250.gif
  • Annella16Annella16 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2015
    Can you age a sim down to a teen? and what about pets? Are pets allowed? Also i have seasons installed. How it's that gonna impact the challenge
  • rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    Annella16 wrote: »
    Can you age a sim down to a teen? and what about pets? Are pets allowed? Also i have seasons installed. How it's that gonna impact the challenge

@Rainydayz179 made this version of the challenge for the sims 4. You can play this on the sims 3 but the rules would be different and you would need to make some changes. The sims 4 doesn't have pets or seasons at least not yet so that's why there are no rules for this particular challenge regarding those things.
  • Angel7171972Angel7171972 Posts: 4 New Member
    As with the SIMS3 challenge can't the teen just purchase 10 simoleons worth of crap and put it in the house inventory instead of the cheat code?
    As with the SIMS3 challenge can't the teen just purchase 10 simoleons worth of crap and put it in the house inventory instead of the cheat code?

If I remember correctly I couldn't find anything for 10 simoleans so I thought it would just be easier this way. In the Sims 3 version it was flamingos. Let us know if you find something.

• Angel7171972Angel7171972 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > Angel7171972 wrote: »
    >
    > As with the SIMS3 challenge can't the teen just purchase 10 simoleons worth of crap and put it in the house inventory instead of the cheat code?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If I remember correctly I couldn't find anything for 10 simoleans so I thought it would just be easier this way. In the Sims 3 version it was flamingos. Let us know if you find something.

I didn't find anything worth 10 but there is a mega houseplant pot worth 20. So if it's 10 per travel you can buy the pot when you return to your lot? Seriously that wasn't meant to rhyme =/
  • SweetAshGamerSweetAshGamer Posts: 67 Member
    I'm going to try this!!
  • MeowMewGamerMeowMewGamer Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > If you didn't know already guess what? I got my computer working! Time to get back to my challenges. Here is chapter one of the Runaway Teen Challenge: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2014/10/ts4-runaway-teen-challenge-gathering.html
    >
    > btw: I just had to take a pic of this weird clown looking person who was following my teen.

LOL old lady clown!!!
  • amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    Started this challenge this morning. I loved it on TS3. My teen Trish Delany and she has a mother who is mean and hates children and is a witch with a capital B after another fight mother Delany has been locked in a pool and Trish is off exploring the world and trying to get over her anger.
  • coolwizard23coolwizard23 Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but you can make your teen in a household and play without creating and killing her guardian to skip the killing and get right to the challenge.
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    > @coolwizard23 said:
    > I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but you can make your teen in a household and play without creating and killing her guardian to skip the killing and get right to the challenge.

I did not know that. Thanks for sharing that info. Do you know which update they changed that?
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    Rather then buying a cheap bed, is it okay to us the tents now? You know, if you have outdoor adventures?
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    I just started this challenge...instead of killing off a parent, I went the path of the 'create a sim for this household' which let you create just a teen on their own. I've been playing the challenge live on my new Twitch channel (Sims4Sarah there too_) but I'll do some edited down story videos once I have a new mic delivered at the end of the week.

Anyway, I've begun with Monica Cali. She has the soulmate ambition and the Romantic and Loves Outdoors trait.

She has a lot in Newcrest that I filled with trees and landscaping materials to zone off a 10x10 area.

FMRPBme.jpg

Her phone is silenced and her money is set to zero. Now it is just Monica and her cheap bed against the world.

VDUp6qP.jpg