May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆Color My World☆ Rainbowcy (Update 5/7)

Comments

• Options
    iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    Blessed Goddess, I finally got a good connection! Now, let's hope it lasts.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    Until My Color Fades Away was one of the first stories I read here, so I kind of owe it for why I was here to read The Goddess' Order and other great legacies. I came in while Rainbowcies were the most popular. Mantis came in around the last gen, so gen 4 or 5? Whichever one connects with Bliss and possibly her parents. I like that you chose to dig deeper into Eden's past.

The internet here was being odd last night, too. I think we've established that we're at least around the same region although not how close to each other. What's weird for me tonight is things are loading, but after installing new Windows updates the Youtube videos I was watching won't work anymore. They load.... just no sound. Hrm....
  • Options
    It definitely looks like a great story. I can see why people like it, I just personally can't get into it for whatever reason. I think I just have too limited free time, and I simply have other things that attract my attention more.
    I found the download for Nightlock's Mantis. I was imagining mine the other way around- purple skin with green hair and green eyes (I had a thing with purple this chapter, apparently). I'm having a problem now though :confounded: Now with this discussion about the two characters, my brain has suddenly come up with an idea I really like for mine. It actually perfectly helps with me with a problem I was having with a character from Gen Two, but from one of the fan pictures on the UMCFA thread it mentions something about Mantis being kidnapped. Is that right? My new plot idea involved kidnapping, although with this other character and not my Mantis himself being kidnapped. I don't want it to come out as me copying someone else's idea though :frowning: I might just have to sacrifice some time to read UMCFA and see exactly what the plot was.

I can't wait to dig more into Eden's side of the story- the one we've only seen from Ethereal's point so far. There was a brief mention of it with the "I might not have..." line. As fun as it is to get all the ideas, it's so much more fun to get it out there and see what people make of it :blush:

Well, my house is right next to the lake :lol: There's a sharp cliff drop though, so the tiny bit of beach we do technically own is hard to get to :lol:
    I don't know if the change in weather/humidity might be affecting anything, but I suppose that's a possibility too. I'm not much of an expert at these things :smiley:
    Hmm, yeah, don't know about that video problem. I did the Windows update too, and it didn't mess up anything on my end. Maybe it just needs a reboot?
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Hey, everyone reads what they want to read. As for what to do.... on the one hand, there's the saying "There's nothing new under the sun." Kidnapping stories are everywhere, and there's only so many names one can use and re-use pertaining to colors. On the other, taking some time to read the chapters pertaining to Nighty's Mantis may be a good idea. I'm sure real authors have to do this all the time if someone suggests things are similar. That gen of her legacy was my favorite anyway so I'll head back and let you know which chapters are necessary in case you want to read because, to be honest, I can't remember the kidnapping line for the life of me. Just that there was a massive thing going on between the Vampires and everyone else.

Oh, I definitely picked up on THAT line, Eden. And I'm not happy with you, Mister, for even thinking it.

The videos are working today so I don't know what was up last night. :\ And I'm nowhere near the lake without a car drive. Maybe the change in humidity/weather is to blame.
  • Options
    I'm feeling more confident about it. I went and asked @itsjulie because I was pretty sure she had read it, and she was able to confirm that the similarities were superficial like you're pointing out too at best. If you've got the chapters found, it'd still probably be good for me to take a peek at them though. Apparently, the kidnapping plot involves his half-brother being taken by the vampires and not Mantis himself being swiped.

I'm curious, what do you think he's talking about in that line? I naturally know what he's talking about, but the goal was to make that part vague. I wanna see how it sounds to other people :smiley:

So we're more in the same general north-east region, but we're not going to be bumping into each other at the supermarket :lol: Imagine if that did somehow happen though :astonished:
    Internet seemed to be taking a dip when I was playing FFXIV ARR earlier (lots of lag), but nothing major like before.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    I have Friday off work this week, so that's when I'll have time to look up those chapters. What Julie tells you sounds about right, especially if I'm remembering who his half-brother is.

Well, the obvious is that he would have just left Ethy there. Of course, with you, who knows what he actually meant. Don't tell me what he did mean and whether I'm right or not.

Only if I head up toward the lake to see family. That would be pretty hilarious! Speaking of FF, have you seen the video where someone played a demo and Ramuh appeared!? Oh my gosh, I may have to buy a PS4 after all.
  • Options
    Sounds good :blush:
    It was Aquarius, I believe.

Interesting idea. Well, something definitely would have been left behind had Eden gone through with the plan he had :naughty: But, yes, that's all I'll say on the matter for the moment.

It would be quite an experience for sure :lol:
    You mean for FF 15? I haven't been following it too closely, since I really only got in XIV ARR because I love MMOs :lol: It (and Kingdom Hearts) has got me interested in the rest of the series though. I'll have to look up that video in the morning. I just don't like getting myself hyped for games that I can't get since I don't own a PS4 or XBox One :confounded:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Chapter Twenty Six

998c360f-bd6a-4da4-852b-f9af615cbef5_zpsaglhdxyp.jpg

I scrunched my toes together in my boots. They were going numb submerged in the snow like they were. The world around me appeared bright and beautiful, but when I looked up I saw nothing but a treacherous wasteland. I honestly don't know what had gotten into me when I signed up for the class field trip to Wonder Light. What could be bad about a five day trip over spring break to a picturesque town snuggled against the mountains? Well, I had clearly ignored the fact that Wonder Light was also famous for its cold temperatures and snow even during spring. I had managed to escape any hospital trips over the winter. The days had been warming and the danger had been passing, but now I had willingly tossed myself back into the conditions that were prime for my body throwing a fit. Despite it only being the third day of the trip, I just wanted to go home. I couldn't get warm no matter how much I tried standing there in the cold like I had no choice but to do.

0fb632ab-5304-4814-a437-954757663891_zpsnsmo5kgt.jpg

Allium and Frost were nearby making fools of themselves as they kicked and threw snow while trying to make the other slip into the unending mound of flakes covering the landscape. I had declined joining them for obvious reasons. I suppose I would have been better off running around and warming myself up like that, but my body simply wasn't having it. Thankfully, Allium took pity on me a minute or so later when the two boys called a truce in their play fighting.

"Would you like a cuddle?" he asked with a laugh, only laughing harder when I instantly nodded and clung to him.

We grabbed a seat on one of the benches, cleaned off as much of the snow as possible, and snuggled together tightly. Well, I snuggled myself against Allium. I didn't get why boys were the lucky ones who were always warm. Perhaps that might not be true for every boy, but Allium and Frost certainly didn't seem anywhere as affected as I was from the frigid temperatures.

"Is it really that bad? I know it's cold, but it's not bothersome cold." Frost wondered, sharing similar confusion on the matter.
    "It's because she's a stick. Just look at her! No meat anywhere," Allium said teasingly, lightly shaking my arm like it was a wet noodle, "Not even here."

At that, he placed his hand on my inner thigh. I flinched imperceptibly at the only slightly unexpected intrusion. Allium had grown more adventurous with his touching as the months had passed. I was still figuring out whether I liked it or not and whether it was harmless or if I should put an end to it before it became a problem. In that moment, I gave Allium a gentle "look" when his hand lingered too long. He retreated it with a smile, unfazed.

56d6652d-5230-4906-9cff-a7fea73bd640_zpsv59g59yu.jpg

It was soon clear Allium needed a bit more forceful rejection than what I was giving him. The cuddling helped, but not enough as to make me stop shaking. I must have been cutting off the circulation in his arm as I was practically trying to shove myself into him. Only just having closed my eyes to hopefully block out the source of my problems, they were jolted back open when Allium hurriedly wrapped his arms around me in a weird way. I half-flailed pitifully while letting out a small cry as I realized he was picking me up and moving me around!

"What-!?"
    "Chill out. Heh, 'chill' out," Allium chuckled at his own horrible pun, "I just figured this position would warm you up better."

I was given that goofy smile of his when he settled me in his lap. He pressed his hand against my cheek.

"Geez. You seriously are cold. How are you not a popsicle right now?" Allium wondered.
    "I think this is a bit too much." I mumbled.
    "Nonsense. Look at how well it's working. I think you cheeks are even turning red."
    "I believe that's called a blush." Frost replied teasingly.
    "What are you doing watching, ya weirdo?" Allium frowned at Frost sarcastically, "Go cuddle your own girlfriend or something."
    "I'd love to, except I don't have one." Frost rolled his eyes in amusement.
    "Well, keep your eyes off mine."
    "Maybe I'm staring at you." Frost joked with a wicked grin.
    "I mean, I can see why you would." Allium shrugged.

Continue reading.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    So, I read this one in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, and for the life of me I can't remember any of the initial reactions I had to comment with. Bad reader. Bad. But geez, Al. How long did the realization of how he'd feel take to hit you, or did you always know it would make him feel this bad if/when she has to disappear?

Oh, I lied. I do remember one thing. I now wonder if, when/if she gets found out by TREE, Al's going to do something stupid and heroic. Dang dumb crybaby charming..... Charming. Also, horray for more Mr. Waters!
  • Options
    I'm a little confused as to who you're addressing with the question :sweat_smile: You named Al, but it sounds more as if the question is either a rhetorical question for Ethereal or a real question for me :lol:

Well, we'll just have to see what the situation is like if/when Ethereal gets captured to see who will do what :smiley: But, you can bet there will be a whole bunch of things complicating the matter :lol:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    I was asking you. XD Obviously we saw when Elly figured it out.

Horray for complications!! <-- Things only said about stories, not real life.
  • Options
    That's what I was assuming :lol: I think I was just really spaced out from just having woken up :lol:
    There was always the general idea that Ethereal disappearing wouldn't treat Allium kindly at all. It wasn't until last chapter when I decided to make it full on relate to his dad's disappearance/abandonment since the story is constantly going through these little changes. The overall main plot points don't shift, but the connecting points between them certainly do. A good portion of the time I have no idea what I'm going to cover when I start on a new chapter. I go for the things I have to address and simply add whatever feels best to make it all flow. The changes can range from a simple shift of conversation (such as Eden talking about his life growing up and Mantis instead of him and Ethereal reminiscing about spending time together when she was trapped, like mentioned previously) to larger changes like Purity being this big enemy for Ethereal instead of the small, occasional nuisance she was originally supposed to be.

You'll like the next chapter then :lol: The second half is a whole big mess!
    Even just getting it done is complicated :lol: I've had to spend a lot of time making background Sims, I'm gonna have to photoshop several photos to portray what Ethereal is seeing, and its even longer than last chapter, which was longer than most chapters itself. I'm a bit worried I might not have it done for Monday :sweat_smile:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    YAY caught up! I knew Charming had a thing for Meadow XD
    I don't think I would be able to keep everything in if I was Meadow, the double life things, I wouldn't wanna risk hurting anyone. I think I'd end up telling him everything, and seeing f he wants to stay.
    Can't wait for the next one :)
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg
  • Options
    I wondered where/when we lost Amber! *waves*

That sounds like how a good writer should do things: plot points and fill in as needed. :) As for not getting the next chapter done, there's always the "cliffhanger" approach. "To be continued...." Not that I won't go "noooooo!!!!" But with how much work you have to put into it, I'd understand.
  • Options
    @AmberKotori- It's good to have you back :blush:
    Is it bad that I find it ironic that I've given Ethereal medical problems that mainly relate to her lungs that aren't so dissimilar to what you've been going through? :confused:

Yup, and the next chapter is all about Ethereal and Allium :blush: So, with the fact that I've said in my previous post that a lot of it's going to be a mess I'll leave you speculating as to what's going to happen :lol:
    Perhaps not the whole truth as that would be far too risky, but Ethereal might drop some hints or at least have a more serious discussion about what would happen if she disappeared.

@AEventyr- I wish it was long enough to do a cliffhanger for, but it's not quite there :lol: It would end up being a sad two-parter, unfortunately. I just have to force myself to get started. Once I get going, I'm pretty good at getting a decent amount done. A lot of the problem is that my hometown's annual festival is this weekend (maple stirs!). Of course I'm working Saturday, so my only day to go is Sunday, which is normally when I would write a good portion of the chapter. I'm still deciding if I'll go though. I have to make up my mind if it's worth the drive just for the food, which is all I'm really interested. Once you get used to Cedar Point rides, local festival rides leave so much to be desired.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Nah it isn't bad, I can relate XD I know what the poor girl is going through ;)
    Ethereal took the whole rumor thing different then I did. WAAAAY back in the day when I was in high school, wouldn't put out, so my boyfriend dumped me and said I did said it was easy blah blah blah, I just turned around when he was blahing with his friends said he had a teenie penie that blew after two touches XD
  • Options
    Haha, I'm super glad nothing like that ever happened to me :lol: I'm not that creative enough (when having to think on the fly) to come up with something like what you came up with :lol:
    I guess Ethereal is like me in that manner :smiley: Her reaction is more of what mine would have been like.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Yes, once you get used to theme park rides, small town just doesn't cut it. But the small-town feel is always nice to visit none-the-less. If you do go, I hope you have fun! Seriously, if you take a break this week it's not like we won't be back the next. You should have some fun if you decide to go.
  • Options
    It's amusing, because I used to be terrified of the "larger" rides at the festival even into late middle school. My mom has never really liked amusement/roller coaster parks, so we had never gone to one at a point where I had been tall enough to go on a big coaster or anything. It wasn't until freshman year of high school when a marching band trip to Cedar Point showed me the light :lol: Now I'm like, the bigger the better :lol:

I guess a realization I had the other day is a good part of the reason why I'm hesitant to skip a week every here and there. If I do about two generations per year, which is what it seems like will happen based on my current predictions, that means the story is going to last for approximately five years :dizzy: I'll be almost 30 by that point (okay, 28), and who knows how things will change or, heck, if the game will even hold out. Thinking about that, of course it's making that nagging thought that I just won't be able to make it to the end annoy me, which in turn is giving me a sense of urgency :expressionless: I've abandoned so many of my stories, and I don't want to do it again if I can help it.
    If I do, it won't be for lack of motivation though. I had a whole bunch of inspirational ideas come to me while I was in the shower just now :lol: It's going to make the story more intense, dramatic, or whatever you want to call it than I was anticipating, but it's the perfect solution to connecting the dots that I need to be connected.
    So, there's some unpleasant stuff and some good stuff, I guess :blush:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Yeah, the update is like 90% not going to happen for Monday. They changed my schedule so I'm working 6 days in a row again (from this past Thursday to Tuesday now). No time to write and no festival for me :rage:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ugh :angry:
    Work: O hey, have a weekend off. :)
    Kelsey: Should I do some writing or go to the festival? :confused:
    Work: Actually, work ALL THE DAYS! :trollface:
    Kelsey/Readers: :anguished:
    (Why, yes, I did just find out there's more than 10 smileys. Hopefully you chuckled.)
  • Options
    lol yea thats about right @AEventyr
  • Options
    I did chuckle @AEventyr. It was a much needed one :blush:

The worst thing about it is that working for so many days actually puts me in a decent amount of pain :confused: My right leg is significantly shorter than my left. (I have a picture sitting on my computer from when I showed my sister living on the other side of the country the difference. I even put a lovely filter on it :lol: )

5304470e-5528-4cad-8d1a-fc840e82bf32_zpswbpjufrr.jpg

Yes, I do have very tiny feet.
    The difference didn't use to be bothersome...until I got this job where I'm on my feet all day walking around. Because my body's trying to compensate for the different lengths, I end up putting a lot of pressure on my right leg to make me feel like I'm even. This creates an annoying pain in the knee if I don't get a break to get off it for a day. It's like a dull ache masked behind a rug burn. Bruises form every so often if it gets bad enough. Sometimes I purposely limp just to help take the pressure off. I'm going to have to talk to my manager about the schedule, because apparently word already getting to him of how I just plain hate the whole six day thing anyway isn't enough. It's getting to the point where the pain never goes away, and occasionally I can't sleep because of the ache. I'm looking into lifts and inserts, but I have a hard enough time finding shoes that fit normally in the first place. It's happened before where I've needed to shop in the kid's section because those are the only ones that will fit :lol:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    My mom has that, one side shorted then the other, she went through painful surgeries all her life to try and stretch out the other side, never worked, her one eye is even smaller then the other. There are special shoes and insoles you can get that help with the pain and balance.
  • Options
    Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    Some of the poses you use, especially in the last couple of chapters, are so beautiful