Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick of the "Trade Off" Excuse

Comments

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    I agree OP. And also they left out the family tree, dish washer/trash compactor, firemen, and burglars - these simple-easy-base game things. Are there any police? :\

Anyway, this game was rushed, and it's sad because it could've been the best! They should've delayed it.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I still don't get why the babies have to jump into childhood..ie no toddlers. By that reasoning why didn't kids jump straight into adulthood and skip the teenage years altogether. They really should have done something to distinguish them. Hopefully we get our toddlers back.

Also I'm not happy with lack of story progression. I always thought it was fun to go back and see what happened in my previous families lives while I was concentrating on someone else. I believe they age up now but that's about it. I want to see that they got married, divorced, and had babies over time. Perhaps they quit there jobs or got promoted while I was away. Maybe they went from rags to riches..they should do more with this.

I think overall they did a great job on what they gave us. However now it's time to restore some of the little details that made this game so great. Sims is the only game I always come back to time and time again. I can't say the same for any of the other games I've purchased.

Overall I'm happy with the new features in the game, but I'm hanging onto the hope that they will make it right and restore some things we've all become accustomed to... If not then I truly dunno.

While I'm not mad I do feel a bit let down. Time will tell whether they listen to the players feedback or not. The ball is in your court EA.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I agree OP. And also they left out the family tree, dish washer/trash compactor, firemen, and burglars - these simple-easy-base game things. Are there any police? :\

Anyway, this game was rushed, and it's sad because it could've been the best! They should've delayed it.

Yep, it is. :(
    I wonder how many years did it really took them for this. If they say 3 or so years i'm going to shout 🐸🐸🐸🐸, unless you take half of those years and inb4 it was on the Project olympus. Just reminded this game was set to release early this year (march or so) i don't even want to imagine how worse it would be.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    IcySlash wrote: »

I wonder how many years did it really took them for this. If they say 3 or so years i'm going to shout 🐸🐸🐸🐸, unless you take half of those years and inb4 it was on the Project olympus. Just reminded this game was set to release early this year (march or so) i don't even want to imagine how worse it would be.

you know whats a cure for your discontent of the sims 4?
    The Last of Us <-- That game.. is ... without a doubt... the most amazing... most well developed... most gutwrenching... game..
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member

Apparently at the last gamescom, toddlers hadn't been cut yet. So it must've been early in development still. I'd say 1.5 years post-Olympus. SMH.

• Options
    edited September 2014

I think they've been working on it for less than 2 years after project olympus failed. OP is right - we spend all this money on Sims 3, you would think they'd have enough to hire more devs, instead of firing them.

I hope they are able to add these basic things soon. :( My hope now is that they work on all the basic stuff asap and add them FREE with patches. And the first EP has toddlers preteens... and pools. Ugh we still need terrain tools to be added, and 64x64 lots. Oh and basements, cars.

I just don't want to wait 4 years for these things. I was hoping Sims 4 base had most things down and out of the way so we could focus on new things to improved the Sims series. :( Turned out less than what we had before.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I want my sandbox back and the option to play my way. :s
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options

Apparently at the last gamescom, toddlers hadn't been cut yet. So it must've been early in development still. I'd say 1.5 years post-Olympus. SMH.

Sad, but true. :(

• Options
    Feleyra41Feleyra41 Posts: 8 New Member
    I think one of the biggest issues I've seen is that people need to stop comparing sims4 to sims3. They are two completely different games. The whole format to each is different and the way they are played is different. I seen a post somewhere earlier today that pretty we'll summed up the new game ... If sims2 and sims3 had a baby, it would be sims4. I don't feel anything is really missing, and the features you want May be brought back in with an expansion pack anyway. My suggestion is to just play the game and not expect it to be a clone of sims3. Frankly, sims3 was the most boring out of them all for me anyway.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Feleyra41 wrote: »
    I don't feel anything is really missing.

Some of us are NOT comparing only the Sims3, but Sims2 and Sims1...since this is the 4th game in the series.

And you don't feel toddlers are missing? They had them in Sims2

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Kyle_HunterKyle_Hunter Posts: 60 Member
    ((yells)) Shots fired!
    I'm just a simple Sim, trying to make my way in the Sim universe.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    The heck is with the flags on some posts? There's nothing wrong with these posts >_<

Eesh - disagree if you must but don't flag someone for their opinion.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I think one of the biggest issues I've seen is that people need to stop comparing sims4 to sims3. They are two completely different games. The whole format to each is different and the way they are played is different. I seen a post somewhere earlier today that pretty we'll summed up the new game ... If sims2 and sims3 had a baby, it would be sims4. I don't feel anything is really missing, and the features you want May be brought back in with an expansion pack anyway. My suggestion is to just play the game and not expect it to be a clone of sims3. Frankly, sims3 was the most boring out of them all for me anyway.
    I don't agree. I think the biggest problem is there was a reason toddlers were added in sims2 and going back to a tiny baby jumping into a fully grown child is a huge regression! Also the baby tied to bassinets-one of the best selling dlc on sims store was all the equipment for babies and toddlers (swing, changing tables etc etc) so obviously lots of people treasure them in their game. For those of you who didn't like playing these stages you had the OPTION of ageing them up quickly. We have NO CHOICE and have this forced upon us!
    I cannot understand all the wonderful improvements to pregnancy (test etc) and the children's toys but then taking away whole family life stages!
    People are allowed to be disappointed!
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    I dunno, there is plenty missing from the previous games yet this is the most fun I've had with any of the sims games. *shrug*
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't agree. I think the biggest problem is there was a reason toddlers were added in sims2 and going back to a tiny baby jumping into a fully grown child is a huge regression! Also the baby tied to bassinets-one of the best selling dlc on sims store was all the equipment for babies and toddlers (swing, changing tables etc etc) so obviously lots of people treasure them in their game. For those of you who didn't like playing these stages you had the OPTION of ageing them up quickly. We have NO CHOICE and have this forced upon us!
    I cannot understand all the wonderful improvements to pregnancy (test etc) and the children's toys but then taking away whole family life stages!
    People are allowed to be disappointed!

Well said. That swing was my favorite item :D I have 2 families that have a baby, and it just doesn't feel right to me to age these babies up..
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    Latest news: EA stares into the Abys, ArenaNet looking to takeover The Sims franchise
    just kidding

@Deshong04 wrote: »
    (In General) I wonder does many even play other games besides TS because I often observe that most that accept EA's ill business practices are the very ones who seem to play TS only

I get that feeling too sometimes. Not to be rude or anything, but I find some peoples standards
    pretty low. When I read things like :"The Sims 4 is the best game I ever played!!!"
    I'm thinking: "Wow, you haven't been around much have you?" O_O
    But I suspect they are pretty young, actually haven't been around much indeed
    so who can blame them really haha.

Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    Slategrey252Slategrey252 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been playing since the release, and I can honestly say this is the most disappointing release version I have ever played.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Well it was ok for simmers to use the "trade off" argument when people suggested features they didn't want
    Whats good for the goose should be good for the gander.....
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    FatCat wrote: »
    Latest news: EA stares into the Abys, ArenaNet looking to takeover The Sims franchise
    just kidding

(In General) I wonder does many even play other games besides TS because I often observe that most that accept EA's ill business practices are the very ones who seem to play TS only

I get that feeling too sometimes. Not to be rude or anything, but I find some peoples standards
    pretty low. When I read things like :"The Sims 4 is the best game I ever played!!!"

Are you serious about AreaNet? It's kind of scary to think of another company with the game. I think they'd definitely take it online...and in that new direction we were all against.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    just kidding

Are you serious about AreaNet? It's kind of scary to think of another company with the game. I think they'd definitely take it online...and in that new direction we were all against.

Pretty sure that was a joke xD
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited September 2014
    just kidding

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's not true but I think depending on who it was who got it a new company taking on The Sims could actually be a really good thing. Not only would we get a completely fresh from the beginning game but there aren't many developers out there who hold the same aggressive nickel and diming business model EA does (Activision and Ubisoft being notable exceptions - if they got the game then RIP The Sims) because (IMO) for the most part that kind of model doesn't work due to competition, it's only when you hold the keys to an entire gaming genre (like EA does with football, The Sims etc & like Activision had with Rock Band) that you get nonsense business models like that.

Those are my observations on it anyway.

Just imagine if somebody like Bethesta or Rockstar got the game.
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    just kidding

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's not true but I think depending on who it was who got it a new company taking on The Sims could actually be a really good thing. Not only would we get a completely fresh from the beginning game but there aren't many developers out there who hold the same aggressive nickel and diming business model EA does (Activision and Ubisoft being notable exceptions - if they got the game then RIP The Sims) because (IMO) for the most part that kind of model doesn't work due to competition, it's only when you hold the keys to an entire gaming genre (like EA does with football, The Sims etc & like Activision had with Rock Band) that you get nonsense business models like that.

2K or Valve really.

Bethesda is not someone I'd trust with Sims though.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member

Look closer ^_^
    just kidding

Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    just kidding

2K or Valve really.

Bethesda is not someone I'd trust with Sims though.
    I wouldn't trust Bethesda with making a Sims with less bugs, because if you bought Skyrim on its release date... yeah....
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2014
    All of the excuses because of ''too less time'' and all the blablabla.. ugh.

They are going for a 'brand new' strategy with this game. Saw that survey a while ago about the EP's/GP's?

Well dingdong! The Gameplay Content A and B packs feature a LOT of stuff that's not present in the base game. Think about pools, cars even NPC's.. and now tell me that this was not their intention to do it like this, making people pay for stuff that belongs into a base game or EP.

There was one concept art of a desert somewhere, and it had a 'kiddie pool' in the backyard and also hottubs.

One of the Gameplay Packs also has 'Kiddie Pool' and 'Hottubs' and 'Pools' in them, so it's their intention to sell the stuff just for more money because the base game wasn't expensive enough already. It's the new strategy, the new 'business' model.

I'm not saying the devs are in charge of this, but it's the management, the money greedy CEO's.

The ''no time'' - ''tradeoff'' and all that stuff is just a lame excuse.

I also remember SimGuruGrant saying somewhere that they NEVER took out stuff of the game to sell later. That's totally BS.

The only thing The Sims 4 base game has more of is clutter. When it comes to features, it simply lacks.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on