Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I hire a babysitter?

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Lol there are no baby sitters. How... Lazy of them, right? :wink:

There is no social worker either, the babies poof in a magical smoky cloud lol

And your sims will keep on their lives without even ucknowledging they lost their baby! those highly emotional sims!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2015
    junceda wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There is no social worker either, the babies poof in a magical smoky cloud lol

And your sims will keep on their lives without even ucknowledging they lost their baby! those highly emotional sims!

Yes, unlike TS2 where they cried for days, because a social worker (person) actually pulled up in a car and took them. Life Simulator! That doesn't simulate life at all. I know we need more things to collect! Let's cut the animations budget and the programmer budget so we don't have to supply a person to pick up the kids.

ETA: After all things we collect 'showcases' our new emotional system right? It's not like the social worker would actually emit any emotions on the Sims right? So, bring on the rocks! :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There are no babaysitters
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    There are no babaysitters

Because a life simulator would have one and or a life simulator would think, hm, maybe if kids are at home alone they might get robbed, snatched, cause a fire, or misbehave and make more messes etc. Or whatever, but nope, this isn't a life simulator so we just take shortcuts because don't worry there is no harm to kids in the game they can live forever, if your parent Sim stays gone forever, they don't matter, because it isn't about reflecting life and that a child has to be thirteen years old to be able to stay at home alone without supervision in the United States, so we don't have to animate babysitter, social worker, fires, fireman, high jinx animations or anything else if we just make a game about rock collecting.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    my sim´s baby disappeared the other day in the family inventory and nobody cared but me
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    my sim´s baby disappeared the other day in the family inventory and nobody cared but me

Lol, at least in the TS2 or TS3 if an 'object' is removed they go look and whine and gripe that you took it away. And the thought bubble 'miss this' happens. This just proves my points over and over. Not a life simulator.
  • Options
    bootjerkybootjerky Posts: 160 Member
    Let us not forget in TS2 where the babysitter used to leave the baby alone on the floor. Haha :lol:
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Lol, at least in the TS2 or TS3 if an 'object' is removed they go look and whine and gripe that you took it away. And the thought bubble 'miss this' happens. This just proves my points over and over. Not a life simulator.

go figure it! they were sad for days if they lose a lamp... now they are quite fine if they lose their kids!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    bootjerky wrote: »
    Let us not forget in TS2 where the babysitter used to leave the baby alone on the floor. Haha :lol:

I´ve had some of them fired in RL for this matter, nannies in TS2 were made to ressemble a well known charácter (well known for mothers at least!)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yeah TS2 nannies were awesome. I really want butlers, nannies, babysitters, and bonehilda to return as well as a bunch of other normal NPCs the Sims 4 left out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Heck I'm still waiting for baby showers and they just cut all the middle people npc's cops/burgers/firefighters/gardner/nannies actual phones I'm just appalled

did majority of the budget go to building the new engine or what??

200_s.gif
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Heck I'm still waiting for baby showers and they just cut all the middle people npc's cops/burgers/firefighters/gardner/nannies actual phones I'm just appalled

did majority of the budget go to building the new engine or what??

200_s.gif

The budget was all used in the online game, the rest they used to transform a online game in a Sims game. :'(

tenor.gif
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member

The NPC's in general are poorly made: No firefighters, policemen, thieves, gardeners, repomen, social bunny,....
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Since Sim children are left home alone, maybe that's a hint hint to a Home Alone like expansion? lol
    That would be fun! Gives me a reason to have kids since they're useless right now like babies. Kids in real life have jobs and chores and whatnot. So hopefully The Sims 4 will add these options. Get them out of the house, go water the neighbor's garden, when seasons come rake the yard, etc.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Things aren't taken away in real life when you don't pay the bills. The power goes off. It's actually more realistic now than before in that regard.

And please, stop trying to compare it with real life. There are some things that should be changed, but the whole "life simulator" argument is just silly.

If there was a true life simulator, it would take even longer to get promoted (which people are already complaining about), if you quit or lost the job, then you would have to go through the hardships of finding a new one. You would have to buy all your clothing, and the only way to change how you look would be through plastic surgery. All of those things cost money, there's no rosebud cheat in real life, if you don't have money, you don't get those things either. That would heavily restrict all the Simmers that play because of CAS. Did I mention build mode. It would take years for things to get finished, goodbye to automatic wall placing. You have to now go and buy the materials. Don't have the money? You can't build. Furniture too. Build mode would get really boring and really tedious really fast.

I'm sorry but saying the game isn't a "life simulator" because it's different from real life is silly because there is no life simulator out there besides possibly some physics-based games. Look at the definition of life simulator from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_simulation_game

The Sims matches all of those, heck, even Animal Crossing counts as a life simulator, and do you see animals walking around everyday wearing clothing? Nope, but it's still a life sim. The Sims isn't supposed to reflect real life, it's supposed to be real life with it's own twist.

I agree, emotions need to be tweaked, it's silly the way the Sims react to things, but saying that it's not a life simulator is a very very plum argument.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I haven't allowed my Sims to have an object yet. Therefore there has been nothing to age up to be a child.

I've been playing Sims 4 today and yesterday. The most positive comment I can make about it is that it still is the type of game that is a frustrating waste of time and space on my computer.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I haven't allowed my Sims to have an object yet. Therefore there has been nothing to age up to be a child.

I've been playing Sims 4 today and yesterday. The most positive comment I can make about it is that it still is the type of game that is a frustrating waste of time and space on my computer.

Maybe if you actually got over the nitty gritty and tried to play you would enjoy it more.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »

Maybe if you actually got over the nitty gritty and tried to play you would enjoy it more.

I doubt it. I've had a few goes at it and a few weeks ago I had a complete meltdown over the mindlessness of the requirements of the game. I gave it a break and had another go at seeing what it has to offer since the latest patch. So it wouldn't totally force me to shut the game down in the first few minutes of launching it I put the entire garden in the household inventory to stop my Sims from constantly having to tend their tiny garden.

The one most obvious thing the game has to offer me personally is the opportunity to reinstall the game after every patch. That is one opportunity I am no yet going to accept. If every patch corrupts my game then it seems obvious to me that the people who make the patches either don't want me to play, or they think it is acceptable to expect someone to spend hours reinstalling a game over and over and over again until they finally get a non corrupt version of it installed. And then have it corrupted again a few weeks later by yet another patch which requires another set of reinstalling of the game.

Then there the new bugs introduced with the patch. Currently the active Sim randomly goes into an infinite loop and can't move from the spot they are standing in. The game doesn't freeze. Other Sims are still walking around. Since it is obvious to me that the sim has gone into a loop of some sort i looked around for a way of getting them out of it. Consequently, the work around I've been using is to take the stuck sim into Create a Sim and then immediately close CAS. The Sim then happily walks away.

Apart from the obvious practical shortcomings of the game, in my opinion life's way to short for me to be prepared to be miserable forcing myself to waste what time I have on a mindless boring waste of time just so someone else can approve of my efforts to play it just because they happen to enjoy it. I've got better and more interesting things to do with my time. I have only been in the game today because of the patch and I've had a long look at it and I'll close it and leave it. Maybe I'll have another look next time there is a patch.
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member

I doubt it. I've had a few goes at it and a few weeks ago I had a complete meltdown over the mindlessness of the requirements of the game. I gave it a break and had another go at seeing what it has to offer since the latest patch. So it wouldn't totally force me to shut the game down in the first few minutes of launching it I put the entire garden in the household inventory to stop my Sims from constantly having to tend their tiny garden.

The one most obvious thing the game has to offer me personally is the opportunity to reinstall the game after every patch. That is one opportunity I am no yet going to accept. If every patch corrupts my game then it seems obvious to me that the people who make the patches either don't want me to play, or they think it is acceptable to expect someone to spend hours reinstalling a game over and over and over again until they finally get a non corrupt version of it installed. And then have it corrupted again a few weeks later by yet another patch which requires another set of reinstalling of the game.

Then there the new bugs introduced with the patch. Currently the active Sim randomly goes into an infinite loop and can't move from the spot they are standing in. The game doesn't freeze. Other Sims are still walking around. Since it is obvious to me that the sim has gone into a loop of some sort i looked around for a way of getting them out of it. Consequently, the work around I've been using is to take the stuck sim into Create a Sim and then immediately close CAS. The Sim then happily walks away.

Apart from the obvious practical shortcomings of the game, in my opinion life's way to short for me to be prepared to be miserable forcing myself to waste what time I have on a mindless boring waste of time just so someone else can approve of my efforts to play it just because they happen to enjoy it. I've got better and more interesting things to do with my time. I have only been in the game today because of the patch and I've had a long look at it and I'll close it and leave it. Maybe I'll have another look next time there is a patch.

I have never paid attention to any requirement. I have only had fun and love. Trying to hate takes a toll on you. Don't play The Sims 1, 2 or 3. Play The Sims 4... I cannot even start TS2 or TS3 anymore. Spoiled by the extra fun!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

The game shouldn't corrupt every time there's a new patch. It's the first I've heard of this, you should go to technical support for help. Same with the infinite Sim loop glitch.

And I never said you should force yourself to play, just when you do happen to play, get over the small things like babies being objects and maybe try playing with children.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I do technical support. I work as a programmer. I need to reinstall after each patch and so do a lot of other people.

I enjoy Sims 3. I can get it to work and keep it working smoothly.

I have no problems with people who enjoy the game continuing to enjoy it. The fact that I personally don't enjoy it has nothing to do with how anyone else should feel about the game. A lot of people who hated Sims 3 enjoy Sims 4. I hope they continue to enjoy it.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Teens can be babysitter as part-time job. They also can be like a repoman as job.
    Why can teen have such jobs, but NPC's can't?
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I like the daycare option. The nanny from the Sims 2 was notorious for barely taking care of the baby. Leaving him on the floor while the nanny watched TV all day or tried to cook something and started a fire, lol.

I think the babysitting will become a real issue in TS4 if we get toddlers one day. Maybe if we get toddlers, they'll introduce a new follow-your-Sim-to-work type career of babysitting/nanny. :)
  • Options
    Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    Yes, babies go to daycare and children stay home alone. But I wish they included the babysitter option in Sims 4 like in Sims 3
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    If baby sitters are anything like T4 maids, I do not want them taking care of my babies. :'D
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..