Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I hire a babysitter?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2015
    No babysitters :(
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I never had babysitters lol, I was not rich XD I s a jungle out there, you have to learn how to take of yourself young... :# (though mom never worked out of home and sometimes she went shopping or did stuff and I wanted to stay home by choice lol)
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Lol there are no baby sitters. How... Lazy of them, right? :wink:

There is no social worker either, the babies poof in a magical smoky cloud lol

And your sims will keep on their lives without even ucknowledging they lost their baby! those highly emotional sims!

Seriously?

That's why I don't play anymore. It doesn't matter what I do to my sims anyway - they don't care. :|
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    there are no baby sitters now in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    edited August 2015
    You don't need babysitters, because there are also no thiefs anymore. No danger in being alone. See...? They know how to save time and work. smiley-gen053.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @Karritz The repair option doesn't work?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Karritz The repair option doesn't work?

The repair option doesn't work if you are missing the language file which is the problem I was having - mostly.

I'm beyond caring about Sims 4 any more and tend to ignore the fact that it is on my computer.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    [And I never said you should force yourself to play, just when you do happen to play, get over the small things like babies being objects and maybe try playing with children. [/quote]

Since I have supported TS4 and now decided to stop, I am one of those who *tried* to play, and explored all the possible *tries* of gameplay. I am now bored with TS4.

I played TS2 and TS3 and the things people gripe about are not small things to overlook. Not when it comes to core game mechanics and interactions which are the heart of the Sims series. In my case, I don't want it to simulate life, I want a lively game that's fully fleshed out and executed well. It's ridiculous that Sims base games had more going for them than the current iteration in the series. But then again, I've seen many beloved games titles over the years become a shell of what they once were, so I should not be surprised this has happened to TS4.

Anyway, to the OP, no babysitter. The way I get around this, if I'm going for a fully fledged family gamestyle, is have either a grandad or granny ( Or both) around who take the kids fishing, to the park, or bake them cookies, while the parents are away at work. Even used a 50 x 50 lot and tried to simulate a mini neighbourhood with one family. There are creative Roleplay things you can do to get around this and squeeze some fun (despite all the limitations).
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2015
    This is what I do to keep things realistic. For sims without extended family (aunts or uncles, grandparents,etc) , kids usually stay home alone, grab a bowl of cereal or some premade meal and go to bed. They pretty much take care of themselves.

For bigger families, the father or mother usually takes the kid (I.e "travel with") to their granny's house or to their auntie's house (or have them come over) and they stay together until my sim's work shift is over. For a neater effect, sometimes the kid will also bring dinner (packed by mom or dad). It is also a very nice time for kids to spend time with their cousins (in my game sims are usually best friends with their cousins since they spend a lot of time together).
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    This is what I do to keep things realistic. For sims without extended family (aunts or uncles, grandparents,etc) , kids usually stay home alone, grab a bowl of cereal or some premade meal and go to bed. They pretty much take care of themselves.

For bigger families, the father or mother usually takes the kid (I.e "travel with") to their granny's house or to their auntie's house (or have them come over) and they stay together until my sim's work shift is over. For a neater effect, sometimes the kid will also bring dinner (packed by mom or dad). It is also a very nice time for kids to spend time with their cousins (in my game sims are usually best friends with their cousins since they spend a lot of time together).

Interesting idea, I may have to try this. How long before work starts do they have to leave to make it on time? I suppose one could also try creating a family with a teen and invite the teen over after school to babysit. I wonder how long they would stay if the child kept interacting with them? I have potential parents who work late into the evening as entertainers. I was dreading a bit that their children would be staying home alone for quite a while after school. It just seemed lonely, no one to tuck them into bed, etc.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    QDog wrote: »

Interesting idea, I may have to try this. How long before work starts do they have to leave to make it on time? I suppose one could also try creating a family with a teen and invite the teen over after school to babysit. I wonder how long they would stay if the child kept interacting with them? I have potential parents who work late into the evening as entertainers. I was dreading a bit that their children would be staying home alone for quite a while after school. It just seemed lonely, no one to tuck them into bed, etc.

My sims usually drop the kid at their relatives' house one hour before work, so they can also interact with the family for a while. When it's time for work, sims can leave directly from whatever lot they're in (they don't have to go back home). This is what I do for entertainers and chefs (who usually work late shifts), because I can make sure that the babysitter doesn't leave. When the kid will only be alone for a few hours I usually invite the babysitter over and keep interacting with them :)
  • Options
    BJohnson626BJohnson626 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey I was left alone as a kid. My sibs and I learned how to cook things like spaghetti, mac n' cheese (from the box), grilled cheese, and a lot more. Our mom started us off learning to cook at a very young age. So by ten I was cooking like a mom would. We all need to prepare ourselves and that is what my mom was doing. So I don't see any reason why kids in a virtual world will get any hurt. The most that may happy is that they don't go to bed on time.
  • Options
    CiaraGray123CiaraGray123 Posts: 4 New Member
    What I advise you to do is double check you have no recent patch updates to update your game on and then use your sim's phone to hire a baby sitter or if you have a baby sim you can press their cot, more choices and then hire nanny service.
  • Options
    Michaela_CullenMichaela_Cullen Posts: 1 New Member
    What are yous on about u go to the sims phone and go over to the job page then go down to hire service and when U click on that it should be the last option "nanny"
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    You can leave children alone. Just pretend it's 1970 and your kid isn't 7 anymore. ;)

LOL, 1970, eh? My parents were well ahead of the curve then. Sister was born in 1961 and they left the three of us for a bit of time. My brother was 11 and I was maybe all of 7. I had to change her cloth diapers, brother refused to do it. Not fun, not fun at all. And, I'm glad the game now allows us to leave the child Sims alone. Most of us learn to be responsible this way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    What are yous on about u go to the sims phone and go over to the job page then go down to hire service and when U click on that it should be the last option "nanny"

Yes, now, but not three or four years ago when this conversation was happening.