Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Connect to Gallery

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Shanzy1 wrote: »
    Alll online options are ticked in the game settings

Try doing this. Launch your game. Then press the windows key or alt-tab keys to get to the desktop whilst still in the game. Then log into the website version of the gallery. Then go back to your game and see if you can access the in game gallery version then.
  • Options
    Shanzy1Shanzy1 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-15776846"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15776796"]Alll online options are ticked in the game settings[/quote]

Try doing this. Launch your game. Then press the windows key or alt-tab keys to get to the desktop whilst still in the game. Then log into the website version of the gallery. Then go back to your game and see if you can access the in game gallery version then. [/quote]

Didnt work
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Try doing this. Launch your game. Then press the windows key or alt-tab keys to get to the desktop whilst still in the game. Then log into the website version of the gallery. Then go back to your game and see if you can access the in game gallery version then.

Didnt work

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may need to go to a free wifi outlet in the community or a library or school and see if you can connect there, By doing this , you can see if your issues are connected to where you are living.
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-15777128"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15777099"][quote="rosemow;c-15776846"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15776796"]Alll online options are ticked in the game settings[/quote]

Try doing this. Launch your game. Then press the windows key or alt-tab keys to get to the desktop whilst still in the game. Then log into the website version of the gallery. Then go back to your game and see if you can access the in game gallery version then. [/quote]

Didnt work[/quote]

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may need to go to a free wifi outlet in the community or a library or school and see if you can connect there, By doing this , you can see if your issues are connected to where you are living.[/quote]

Unfortunately i cant drag my pc to a public area
  • Options

Didnt work

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may need to go to a free wifi outlet in the community or a library or school and see if you can connect there, By doing this , you can see if your issues are connected to where you are living.

I hope that the issue may resolve itself within a day or so. If it doesn't, you may need to be in touch with EA Help
    https://help.ea.com/
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-15777167"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15777163"][quote="rosemow;c-15777128"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15777099"][quote="rosemow;c-15776846"][quote="Shanzy1;c-15776796"]Alll online options are ticked in the game settings[/quote]

Didnt work[/quote]

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may need to go to a free wifi outlet in the community or a library or school and see if you can connect there, By doing this , you can see if your issues are connected to where you are living.[/quote]

Unfortunately i cant drag my pc to a public area[/quote]

I hope that the issue may resolve itself within a day or so. If it doesn't, you may need to be in touch with EA Help
    https://help.ea.com/[/quote]

Its been about 4 days
  • Options

Didnt work

Its been about 4 days

It may help to be in touch with EA Help
  • Options
    ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello people of The Sims forums. Today I made a build and I went to share it to the gallery, but it just keeps loading and loading and loading. I waited 10 minutes, it kept on loading. I then closed out the sims 4 and tried reuploading it to the gallery again thinking maybe my game was just bugging out. Nope. It is still loading once more.

I was just curious if anyone knew a way to fix this issue or if it just naturally takes this long now to upload things to the gallery?

Thanks in advance for any help! ^-^

UPDATE: I looked and it seems that the entire gallery is bugging out. I guess there must be some outage :o
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yeah the gallery's been acting up a lot. Made a thread about exactly the same issue and although that one resolved itself there are now others :/ dunno what exactly is going on either... Just try again later, even if that probably doesn't sound very helpful :/
  • Options
    mattrweeksmattrweeks Posts: 41 Member
    So I wasn't having any issue accessing before. The last time I played - on Friday - I'd uploaded a new sim household that I'd created and one of my friends wanted to download, and I had no problem putting them up there. Then suddenly today I'm not connecting. It just spins. Is this an issue with the community gallery itself or is this something on my end? And if it's the latter, how do I fix it?
    Check out my play through of The Drifter Challenge House 01.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    It's not just you. I also can not access it. But I was a couple hours ago. It's currently 4:51pm EST.

• Options
    PapercatPapercat Posts: 4 New Member
    I’ve been having trouble with the gallery for the past hour, you are not alone. My stuff won’t share and I can’t get my own profile to load or view my catalog. I’m sure it’s a widespread problem but I hope it is resolved soon, I have a sim to share!
  • Options
    mattrweeksmattrweeks Posts: 41 Member
    Papercat wrote: »
    I’ve been having trouble with the gallery for the past hour, you are not alone. My stuff won’t share and I can’t get my own profile to load or view my catalog. I’m sure it’s a widespread problem but I hope it is resolved soon, I have a sim to share!

Yeah, I am having the exact same issues. Hadn't actually tried uploading any of my sims because I didn't have any new ones that were ready to share, but I tried to go on so I could download a house my friend made and couldn't get the gallery itself to load or view my profile.
    Check out my play through of The Drifter Challenge House 01.
  • Options
    ThmDoveThmDove Posts: 47 Member
    ResSteel I had that problem and even though I exited the house uploaded but didn't show as uploaded, and then I tried again. Result duplicate uploads. I think a lot of people are having this problem at the moment
  • Options
    spookyHTMLspookyHTML Posts: 14 New Member
    22:46GMT for me and I'm still not able to access it.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2018
    I can't either. This is annoying. I just reinstalled Sims 4, and I can't access my cloud storage. I suppose I can spend this evening converting some bars into either bowling alleys or restaurants.
  • Options
    creatived23creatived23 Posts: 421 Member
    Is this my problem or EAS?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Is this my problem or EAS?

Hello
    The gallery issue is not caused by you. There are many other simmers who are also having issues accessing the gallery. There may be server or maintenance issues. You may need to try accessing the gallery a little later in the day.
  • Options
    SweetBrianaSweetBriana Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had this problem all day on 2 different machines, 2 different accounts.

FIXED the problem after doing all the usual: Router, Cable Modem, deletion of files in the TheSims4 folder, etc, nothing worked.

What did work?

Turning off ALL the packs made the gallery work, and then i turned the packs back on.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The gallery system is extremely fickle and needs a lot of maintenance; I imagine the gallery may never truly be repaired.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    littlerosalittlerosa Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, everyone! The problem I'm having with the Gallery (besides not being able to access it most of the time) is that I found a couple of lots that I really liked and clicked on "Add to my downloads," but then where do they go? I haven't been able to find where they are. I don't see anything in my account or any folder called "My Downloads" or anything at all that might show me where I would continue to download them into my game. Can somebody please help me? Thank you!
  • Options
    rebelsoulsimsrebelsoulsims Posts: 1 New Member
    Is the gallery under maintenance right now? I haven't been able to connect online since 3:00PM.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    littlerosa wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! The problem I'm having with the Gallery (besides not being able to access it most of the time) is that I found a couple of lots that I really liked and clicked on "Add to my downloads," but then where do they go? I haven't been able to find where they are. I don't see anything in my account or any folder called "My Downloads" or anything at all that might show me where I would continue to download them into my game. Can somebody please help me? Thank you!

Hello @littlerosa. Welcome to the forums! :)
    When you go in-game, and access the gallery, the builds will already be in your Library tab section of the Gallery. Try looking at the tab section of the Gallery
  • Options
    littlerosalittlerosa Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @littlerosa. Welcome to the forums! :)
    > When you go in-game, and access the gallery, the builds will already be in your Library tab section of the Gallery. Try looking at the tab section of the Gallery

Thank you so much, @rosemow! I had no idea that's how it worked! I searched forever in the Help section and the Forums and even on EA's site, and couldn't find any info on it. I thought someone else would have asked. I was stumped; I feel really stupid now. I used to play The Sims all the time years ago. I had The Sims 2 and then I got Superstar, but I haven't played in many years. I just got back into it.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your help!!
  • Options
    littlerosa wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @littlerosa. Welcome to the forums! :)
    > When you go in-game, and access the gallery, the builds will already be in your Library tab section of the Gallery. Try looking at the tab section of the Gallery

Thank you so much, @rosemow! I had no idea that's how it worked! I searched forever in the Help section and the Forums and even on EA's site, and couldn't find any info on it. I thought someone else would have asked. I was stumped; I feel really stupid now. I used to play The Sims all the time years ago. I had The Sims 2 and then I got Superstar, but I haven't played in many years. I just got back into it.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your help!!

You are very welcome! @littlerosa :) Please don’t feel stupid at all! It is a bit unclear to understand how it works .
    Happy simming!