Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Connect to Gallery

Comments

• Options
    LeonardLeonard Posts: 2 New Member
    It says attempting to login.. but still can't login.. pls fix it
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Leonard wrote: »
    I do everything But i still can't enter the gallery I wait almost 5 hours but still nothing..What do I do?

Hello @Leonard
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps you to access the gallery.
    Check that your firewall isn't causing issues.

Make sure that you have the " online access" button ticked in game options.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstaling origin and see if that helps.
  • Options
    _GalaxySimmer__GalaxySimmer_ Posts: 2 New Member
    DaphneLuna wrote: »
    I've literally tried everything, and I still can't get "online" when I launch the game. Is anyone else still having this problem? I've disabled my firewall completely, made sure all of the necessary ports were opened, checked my connection (it's very strong), uninstalled and reinstalled origin twice, deleted the tray files from the demo, and even deleted the demo itself. My computer is more than equipped for this game as well. When I attempt to "go online" in the game, it freezes for a moment and says that it can't connect, even though my origin app itself says "online." If anybody is still having this problem, or knows what else I can try, I'm all ears! This is extremely frustrating, as my game feels empty without the ability to browse and import from the gallery.

Okay, I've tried this, and it worked for me, so it SHOULD work for any other Windows users. You go to the little Windows button on the bottom left-hand side of your screen, click it, and type in "Control Panel". Next, type "In" in the search bar, then select "Internet Options", then you will be on a screen with options on the top. Go a head and select "Connections", then click "LAN Settings". Now, un-select "Use A Proxy Server For Your LAN" and select "Automatically Detect Settings". Click OK, and close your other windows, Close the Sims, open it again, and you should be online + You should be able to connect to the gallery. This might also help when logging in to Origin for the first time.
  • Options
    Gamecubekiller108Gamecubekiller108 Posts: 1 New Member
    Two years later and im having this problem. My sister told me about the gallery( never knew about it) and i went to go onto the gallery and all that came up was my Library. Ive tried editing My firewall a bit and that did nothing. I turned off my Norton and that did nothing. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. still nothing. i want help too
  • Options
    Two years later and im having this problem. My sister told me about the gallery( never knew about it) and i went to go onto the gallery and all that came up was my Library. Ive tried editing My firewall a bit and that did nothing. I turned off my Norton and that did nothing. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. still nothing. i want help too

Hello @Gamecubekiller108 .
    You need to be over 13 years old to be able to access the gallery. If you are not 13 years old, you still have a child account.
    If you are over that age, and can't access the gallery , it would be best to be in touch with EA help to update from a child account.
    https://help.ea.com/contact-us
  • Options
    kelsiannmkelsiannm Posts: 15 New Member
    I am having this problem as well. Everything in my firewall settings look in order, my antivirus is temporarily disabled due to need of renewal, and I have cleared the origin cache files, repaired the game, checked for updates in both the game itself and origin, ran a clean sweep of my computer, restarted it, and I even contacted EA but they were just suggesting things that I have already done and told them. The gallery button is there, but it still says that I need to be connected to access origin. I click connect, and it loads for a second then freezes and claims that I am unable to connect. I have not been able to access the gallery once since I purchased the game this April on my 15th birthday. What do I do??? (I can access the gallery on the website but not in game and I checked my online settings in origin and int he game but nothing has helped)
  • Options
    TALARIEYTALARIEY Posts: 1 New Member
    It Wont Connect for me i literly tried everything i clicked connect online and one day i had to wait for hours. my network is very strong but i tried over and over again i tried to reinstall orgin and that did'nt work, i tried adding The sims 4 to my firewall but that did'nt work either do someone can help me fix it? i cant even dwnload cc without online access. i cant download silkinta cc and pranlinesims things neither. im so mad that i cant get online access.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    @TALARIEY So you can't download anything form any site? That sounds to me like you are blocked form downloading either in the administrative settings of the computer or, in the parental controls of the router. You would need to have whomever controls those things unblock downloading for you.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    TALARIEY wrote: »
    It Wont Connect for me i literly tried everything i clicked connect online and one day i had to wait for hours. my network is very strong but i tried over and over again i tried to reinstall orgin and that did'nt work, i tried adding The sims 4 to my firewall but that did'nt work either do someone can help me fix it? i cant even dwnload cc without online access. i cant download silkinta cc and pranlinesims things neither. im so mad that i cant get online access.

Hello @TALARIEY .
    If you are also unable to access cc download sites, there may be issues with your internet service, that are not only affecting you being able to connect to the gallery. If you are having issues with the Internet and other sites , you may need to be in touch with your internet provider.
    There may also be control settings on your computer that are preventing you from accessing certain sites.
  • Options
    nakibotnakibot Posts: 176 Member
    Been experiencing this both on my Mac and Windows computers.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    nakibot wrote: »
    Been experiencing this both on my Mac and Windows computers.

Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue,

Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Check that your firewall isn't causing issues.

Make sure that you have the " online access" button ticked in game options.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstaling origin and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Rindechan89Rindechan89 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am having this issue as well.
    I've allowed both Origins and TS4 in my firewall, disabled my malware program, closed Origins, then started it up as admin, and then starting TS4 as admin. Nothing.
  • Options
    I am having this issue as well.
    I've allowed both Origins and TS4 in my firewall, disabled my malware program, closed Origins, then started it up as admin, and then starting TS4 as admin. Nothing.

Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps
  • Options
    Because of legalities, child accounts do not have access to online features with Origin Games. If you are not old enough not to have a child account in your country, you won't be able to access online features and, that includes the Gallery.

If you recently became old enough and your account has not yet allowed access, you need to contact support http://help.ea.com/en/
  • Options
    kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    I've literally tried everything, and I still can't get "online" when I launch the game. Is anyone else still having this problem? I've disabled my firewall completely, made sure all of the necessary ports were opened, checked my connection (it's very strong), uninstalled and reinstalled origin twice, deleted the tray files from the demo, and even deleted the demo itself. My computer is more than equipped for this game as well. When I attempt to "go online" in the game, it freezes for a moment and says that it can't connect, even though my origin app itself says "online." If anybody is still having this problem, or knows what else I can try, I'm all ears! This is extremely frustrating, as my game feels empty without the ability to browse and import from the gallery.

I'm started having this issue as well, I've repaired, game restarted computer. etc nothing has helped
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • Options

I'm started having this issue as well, I've repaired, game restarted computer. etc nothing has helped

Hello @kreepsymusic .
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    With the new Origin it's really important that your Operating System and Graphics drivers are up to date and, that you have UNCHECKED Use Proxy on your LAN.

Here's how in Widows, don't know about MAC.

Go to Control Panel (Search the start menu for it if you need to.) Network and Internet > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings button Uncheck Use Proxy server for your LAN near the bottom, click Okay, click Okay again to get the Options windows closed.
  • Options
    BubsGirl291BubsGirl291 Posts: 49 New Member
    When it does not connect, I check my router and restart my computer. This works for me, and I hope it helps! ;)
  • Options
    When it does not connect, I check my router and restart my computer. This works for me, and I hope it helps! ;)

Thankyou for posting your helpful feedback on what you do that helps when you have this issue :)
  • Options
    immyishereimmyishere Posts: 1 New Member
    how do u actually go online
  • Options
    immyishere wrote: »
    how do u actually go online

Hello
    Log into origin. Then click the origin label at the top of the screen, and if you are in offline mode, you can click to go into online mode.
  • Options
    official_livvyofficial_livvy Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't connect to the galler. All the time it just comes up with my libary and nothing else. Also when i go on create a sim and then i save it to my libary. I've had sim 4 for over a year now and i really want the gallery. Can someone plz answer me question as it will be really useful.
  • Options
    I can't connect to the galler. All the time it just comes up with my libary and nothing else. Also when i go on create a sim and then i save it to my libary. I've had sim 4 for over a year now and i really want the gallery. Can someone plz answer me question as it will be really useful.

Hello @official_livvy
    You need to be over 13 years old to be able to access the community section of the Gallery. Your account may be a child acccount.
    If you are over 13 years old and you are still unable to access the Gallery/still have a child account, it would be best to be in touch with EA Help and they will be able to assist you.
    https://help.ea.com/
  • Options
    BooCat104BooCat104 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! I've had Sims 4 for about two years now and suddenly it won't let me access the online parts of Sims 4. I'm online on Origin and connected to a wifi network that has full bars but Sims 4 just tells me I 'need internet connection to access the online aspects' every time i try to go on to the gallery. Please help!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BooCat104 wrote: »
    Hi! I've had Sims 4 for about two years now and suddenly it won't let me access the online parts of Sims 4. I'm online on Origin and connected to a wifi network that has full bars but Sims 4 just tells me I 'need internet connection to access the online aspects' every time i try to go on to the gallery. Please help!

Hello @BooCat104
    Try coming completely out of the game and shutting down your computer. Then restart the computer, log in to Origin, launch the game and see if that helps the issue.