Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should have known better...

Comments

• Options
    stcarnamedwantstcarnamedwant Posts: 86 Member
    A lot of people hated TS3 when it came out, too, so I would be hesitant to make any kind of assumption this soon.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    A lot of people hated TS3 when it came out, too, so I would be hesitant to make any kind of assumption this soon.

The main thing that kept me going with TS3 is because it had everything that TS2 didn't have, an open world for an example so I knew that over time we would get everything back in EPs such as pets and weather ect so I knew it would be a good long term project. The lack of open world and other things means that TS4 will never be able to match TS3 even with full expansion packs
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    Maybe now is not the time to tell everyone that I am just about to load TS3 and throw a massive pool party and invite a few families, Toddlers as well as three of my Sims have reached the top of their careers (one Culinary, one military and the other criminal) while the sun shines across the open world and wild horses run through the neighbourhood and as night falls silver lining shines the ocean as the lighthouse beacons safety to all coming boats that all is well in the land of The Sims 3, all is well

Peace

Same here, just made a gardening Sim in TS3. :D I love being able to have her wander around town visiting the grocery store, friends' houses, parks... I honestly don't think I could get accustomed to having the loading screen back.
  • Options
    Rinilex wrote: »
    Maybe now is not the time to tell everyone that I am just about to load TS3 and throw a massive pool party and invite a few families, Toddlers as well as three of my Sims have reached the top of their careers (one Culinary, one military and the other criminal) while the sun shines across the open world and wild horses run through the neighbourhood and as night falls silver lining shines the ocean as the lighthouse beacons safety to all coming boats that all is well in the land of The Sims 3, all is well

Peace

Same here, just made a gardening Sim in TS3. :D I love being able to have her wander around town visiting the grocery store, friends' houses, parks... I honestly don't think I could get accustomed to having the loading screen back.

Loading screens are so last decade. We are in 2014 yet EA forgot what year it was and thought we are back in 2004 lol
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2014

Peace

Open world and Story Progression (Even a bad one) are the two main reasons I haven't shelled out for this game yet. Bugs, Bah. I preordered Skyrim, and Fallout. I also play MMOs So bugs schmugs. Game crashes, I'm into indie games, (if it crashes less than four times an hour I consider it stable,[That's a joke]). The other reason is cut content.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    zinarmzinarm Posts: 7 New Member
    > @smoogie said:
    > stcarnamedwant wrote: »
    >
    > A lot of people hated TS3 when it came out, too, so I would be hesitant to make any kind of assumption this soon.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The main thing that kept me going with TS3 is because it had everything that TS2 didn't have, an open world for an example so I knew that over time we would get everything back in EPs such as pets and weather ect so I knew it would be a good long term project. The lack of open world and other things means that TS4 will never be able to match TS3 even with full expansion packs

I really disagree, look how horrible that open world worked, the loading screens were so long that I would often start the game and leave to do something else and check in after 10 or 15 mins, and my computers should've handled it no problem! My biggest problem with sims 3 was the open world, everything was slow when you did go to a venue there were hardly any sims there and I tried to avoid moving my screen off my home lot. I haven't bought sims 4 but if the use of loading screens means the game will actually function at a decent speed then by all means end the open world and get those loading screens back!! Come on! Even Skyrim has loading screens when going into a city or a building, a true open world wouldnt have any loading screens and look how bad that turned out with Sims 3. Buggy and slow.

I am not going to jump into a sims 4 purchase, I am going to keep looking at other people's reviews but so far I feel Maxis was justified in the changes they had to make.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Yep, that's why I'm waiting for the next couple of expansion packs to buy it. By that time, it'll be a reasonable price, like 29,99 and not 75$ (I'm including taxes here)... I've played since the sims 1 and they keep removing stuff so you have to buy the expansion packs and buy items at their store... I miss the days of Sims 1 and 2 where those items where free or a lot cheaper...
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2014
    @zinarm: I heard about those issues a few times but other Simmers like me don't have those problems. Yes the world takes about 3-5 minutes to load but the open world runs pretty well in my game and I also see Sims everywhere, even in the most remote places.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member

Peace

I am going to try and find me a small world in the Exchange. And my own world with my custom buildings. I also love gardening in the Sims 3. I've been too busy to play though :(.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I hope the OP and all the other dissatisfied people can get their money back. http://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/ Good only if you downloaded it from Origin, though.

Hey, I bought into the hype with The Sims Medieval and could've kicked myself later. Got really bored with it quickly and was able to resell it, but I don't know if you can do that with a disc copy of TS4. Hope you can, if you want to do that.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    haburbian wrote: »
    I said the same about the Sims 3, I hated it when it was first released. People need to give the game a chance and realise that things can only getting better!

I won't say I hated Sims 3 on release, but I did get bored with it quickly. Looking back though, I think I got bored because I was so used to one style of gameplay, now I have multiple that keep me entertained, and if I get Sims 4 and feel the same, I always have other games to play until there is more content.

As far as the complaints in the OP, since I knew all of that going into this, I'm not bothered by any of those things. I never play toddlers unless I'm doing a legacy (which is rare), and if I did I skilled them up and aged them asap. Unlike a lot of people, I also like all the unlockable stuff in the game. I found a Walmart gift card in my purse today, I may stop on the way home and pick it up today.
  • Options
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    @zinarm: I heard about those issues a few times but other Simmers like me don't have those problems. Yes the world takes about 3-5 minutes to load but the open world runs pretty well in my game and I also see Sims everywhere, even in the most remote places.

As I mentioned before I play on a large world. My old PC couldn't handle it really, it was save errors every other save but since upgrading 3 years ago I have had little problems and can enjoy the game as it should be played.

A lot of people who had trouble with TS3 were playing with large worlds on PCs that couldn't handle it well. I can't speak for everyone but that is my experience. It is always wise to upgrade your PC when a new game comes out and technology moves forwards thus EA should have been able to make a game that all advanced PCs can handle and then slowly, other people catch up
  • Options
    HouseLannister23HouseLannister23 Posts: 68 Member
    To the people who haven't played the game and are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it:

Why not play the game for yourself before whining?
  • Options
    sayaredsayared Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    i didn't buy the game yet , but what i have seen so far from lets play the sim 4 on YouTube , its just not like what i expected ,
    I agree on almost everything you said , what i hate the most in the game is the world , the most thing bothers me , that every time that you visit a lot it shows you the loading screen , and the map too , i loved the sims 3 how you can watch the whole world in the map , and for me i see the game looks like an online game , (i dont know how to explain but i mean like these types of games , club penguin , fantage ) and the lots are few , not like the sims 3 that you have a plenty of lots , maybe they focused on the sims and building a house more then the city , i really liked the part where i choose the traits for my sims , maybe making it 5 like the sims 3 would be better ,
    , i hope they change the map , and add more houses and families and lots , and some restaurant . :'(

i hope you understand me , i'm not that good in English ^^
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    JohnBlack wrote: »
    They couldn't even manage to put in carpool and school buses in the game??

I agree on the simplistic things. Why? Not because of gurus I don't blame them I blame only the money hungry corporation that is EA. Whoever is the head president over there needs to be fired and replaced. He or she should have given the developers, programmers, etc. more time even if it meant delaying it until 2015 to make it as perfect as they could if they are trying to keep the core gamers for this franchise to continue paying hard earned money from their pockets.

Not only did they leave out cars and school busses. There's no dish washers or trash compactors which I think is so stupid on EA's part. Every game since the sims 1 had a dish washer and trash compactor. Just like I said before they stripped this game to the bare bone. I will stick with the sims 3.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    StarsAndSkies2StarsAndSkies2 Posts: 97 Member

I am not going to pay £40 for a rushed game. I have done my homework and I, like many others have decided that we do not want to buy the game at its current stage.

gurl no.
    r1mp7l.jpg
  • Options
    HouseLannister23HouseLannister23 Posts: 68 Member

I am not going to pay £40 for a rushed game. I have done my homework and I, like many others have decided that we do not want to buy the game at its current stage.

And that's fine, what I don't like is people who haven't actually played the game insulting another person because they enjoy the game.

• Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    I knew this was going to happen as well. I knew people would be dissatisfied. I"m right with above poster....I'll be having my pool party on my multi level house with house on foundation and garage on ground, pets, toddlers and teens that look like teens. Oh and some of my sims guests will drive to this pool party in their cars. :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Can't wait until Friday, that's when mine is supposed to be delivered, it shipped yesterday.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jadedsins wrote: »
    I agree and disagree with some of this post.

1) They have tons of new things and features. Yes, they took out a lot, but they did add stuff as well. Content wise we have more than sims 2 or 3 core games.

Name 1 that's not something they rehashed from a previous game but disguised it as something new (I'm looking at you, emotions)

• Options
    RikaloniusRikalonius Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing Sims games since SimCity, and I won't be buying this based on preliminary reviews, not for the price tag. I'm very excited about the building mode changes, and the create-a-sim is good move forward, but the rest of the game is obviously rushed, and worse, seems ripe for micro transactions. I don't know, I'll have to see if the promises for mod support will materialize as promised. I'm a capable 3D artist and made plenty of my own content for Sims3 so I will make what I couldn't do with create-a-style, but that being said it seems CAS was removed to make way to sell you more stuff at the in-game store, or grind it out MMO style (or buy in game money with real money). The removal of pools and basements is unacceptable. Sorry. I know enough about how animations are compiled with 3D models and I find the idea laughable that they couldn't incorporate swimming, but even if I were to accept it --no basements? That is just silly, especially given the lack of terrain editing.

Likewise I find the lack of dishwasher or garbage disposal to be especially weird. That, along with swimming, just screams unfinished. They just couldn't finish the animations in time because they were too busy doing all the strange, surreal animations involved with their sims interactions, which frankly don't interest me as much as building fabulous houses. Not going to get much of a fabulous house with two-levels and no basements. I was very excited about many of the building tools, like grabable handles to make a roof more unique, or scalable objects, but those things are not enough to justify the price tag, or to reward EA's bad behavior. I enjoyed the Create a Sim demo, but the lack of a color wheel quickly dampened my experience. The smaller lot areas and loading screens really don't bother me, but there are too many missing buildings. I'll keep reading reviews and watching videos, but as the magic 8-ball says, outlook not so good.
  • Options
    rainbowdementiarainbowdementia Posts: 3 New Member
    > @stcarnamedwant said:
    > A lot of people hated TS3 when it came out, too, so I would be hesitant to make any kind of assumption this soon
    Yep. It's part of the initial process for a new game. People hate it at first, and then when the next game in the series comes out, "Ugh, this new game sucks, I'm going to go back and replay that game I hated when it first came out, too."

I'm excited about (hopefully) getting TS4 tomorrow and I'm sure it just needs a few expansions for it to be a really great game.... just like with TS3. :)
  • Options
    BainBain Posts: 8 New Member
    I just submitted for a refund from Origin, since they have that great game guarantee. To say that I am disappointed in this game is an understatement. What was finally the last straw on a whole list of missing features? No phones you can place in your house. Really? I know everyone nowadays has a cell phone, but you cannot buy a phone to put in the house? Add to that, the single tile doors all are one color, with no variations, no burglar alarm, no burglars, no cars, no garages, lack of careers, load screens, and a whole slew of other deficiencies made me not want to be a part of this game. They spent time to program angry poop instead of putting the ability to go swimming. That was a great design choice!